Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #4675 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:47 am

Post by Cerberus v666 »

(Does anyone else wondering how DrewVa managed to conclude that I,a fter admitting that I played terribly this game, am the one who can't self-reflect in this conversation? Or willing to bring up the (again, completely accurate) things I've questioned them on which they've deflected by attacking me? FL? Can you ask them these things please? Or anybody I guess?)
GTK a me, currently live, this may be your only chance!
viewtopic.php?f=61&t=78521&p=10688009#p10688009
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #4676 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:48 am

Post by Almost50 »

Btw, I have no definite plans (No flavor, No setup & No time frame), but I'm curious as to how many of you would be signing in if I hypothetically announced a 3rd Overkill sequel now?? :]

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
DrewVa
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4677 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:51 am

Post by DrewVa »

In post 4673, Cerberus v666 wrote:
In post 4668, Almost50 wrote:
In post 225, Almost50 wrote:
Nominating
Flavor Leaf
for
Best Performance Third Party (Hannibal Lecter)
for his play in
Just saying :]
:P If I see a PT where FL calls out DrewVa's response to this situation, I'll second it. Otherwise I have to assume it was the mistake it appeared to be. *shrug*
God, how much of a poor sport can you be? You’re just so freaking dense and bitter, that you need to make this about me. :facepalm:

Wrt OUR play, we ran circles around you this game and if you ever remove your head from your ass, maybe, you’ll actually see that.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #4678 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:51 am

Post by davesaz »

We had the game won up to that one bad vig shot.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4679 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:52 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 4671, RCEnigma wrote:
In post 4665, Flavor Leaf wrote:I said one day, not one day soon.

I joined Almost’s game for the same reason. I generally don’t play these types of games.

We have to see the game for what it was. An over the top kill heavy Multiball game. We got exactly what was promised.

I appreciate solid Multiball games. It’s just different.
In the end, I was pretty satisfied with the amount of murder.
I tried killing you so hard. So many times, and then the mafia team collectively went there.
DrewVa
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4680 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:53 am

Post by DrewVa »

In post 4676, Almost50 wrote:Btw, I have no definite plans (No flavor, No setup & No time frame), but I'm curious as to how many of you would be signing in if I hypothetically announced a 3rd Overkill sequel now?? :]
But flavour is the best part of your games. :(

I know this is a troll because you can’t have a game without a setup. :lol:
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4681 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:55 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

I said in my PT to pre-in me. But yeah, your Flavor was fire.
DrewVa
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4682 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:56 am

Post by DrewVa »

In post 4678, davesaz wrote:We had the game won up to that one bad vig shot.
We had an inno on you, so I would have lynched FL in that case. I wish we had checked Amzela at some point.

I would have probably lynched FL over DGB, since she was obvtown after Bujaber hammer - especially after FL started getting twitchy.
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #4683 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:58 am

Post by Cerberus v666 »

In post 4677, DrewVa wrote:
Nominating
Flavor Leaf
for
for his play in
:P If I see a PT where FL calls out DrewVa's response to this situation, I'll second it. Otherwise I have to assume it was the mistake it appeared to be. *shrug*
God, how much of a poor sport can you be? You’re just so freaking dense and bitter, that you need to make this about me. :facepalm:

Wrt OUR play, we ran circles around you this game and if you ever remove your head from your ass, maybe, you’ll actually see that.
DrewVa, again: Look at the way FL started the day phase. Does voting Amzela actually make sense coming from town, given the way they had approached the day start? Making that vote is a mistake all the time, unless you know that the person you're talking to is just going to go for it without thinking, which they claim they did. Unless I see that they ACTUALLY did call that in advance, as they're claiming they did, then it was a mistake.

You're being results oriented in your analysis. What's important isn't how it worked this time, but the process that led to that decision, and whether or not that decision was the right one.
DrewVa
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4684 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:01 pm

Post by DrewVa »

In post 4675, Cerberus v666 wrote:(Does anyone else wondering how DrewVa managed to conclude that I,a fter admitting that I played terribly this game, am the one who can't self-reflect in this conversation? Or willing to bring up the (again, completely accurate) things I've questioned them on which they've deflected by attacking me? FL? Can you ask them these things please? Or anybody I guess?)
Give it up already. You ain’t winning this. Just hold on to your remaining self-respect. What is still left of it.

You know why I did what I did, because I’ve already fucking explained so clearly that a dead horse would have gotten it by now.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #4685 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:03 pm

Post by Almost50 »

Night kills priority:

SK > EBG > PGO > Hitman > Mafia > Vig

N1 Action

Nero switch Wisdom w/ pintu (success)
Toog activate Global Doc shot (success - everyone is protected from a single kill)
Cheeky block profii (success - profii is blocked)
profii Cop FL (fail - profii is blocked)
Creature watch FL (fail - FL Ascetic shot exhausted)
Mala EBG profii (success - profii extra protected)
Alch track BEF (success - BEF visited no one + Doc shot on Alch exhausted)
DrewVa investigate BuJaber (success - not SK)
Alonzo investigate pintu (success - FL learns pintu is NOT Vanilla)

FL eviscerate RCE (fail - Doc shot on RCE exhausted)
FL shoot RR (fail - FL kill on RCE overrides factional kill)
Wisdom shoot Fortian (fail - Doc shot on Fortian exhausted)
Fortian shoot RR (fail - Doc shot on RR exhausted)

N2 Action

Nero switch RCE with Tails (success)
Cheeky Block BEF
Malakitty EBG RCE -- redirected to Tails
Tails kills Nero (Nero gets hit by a car)
Flavor leaf kills RCE -- redirected to Tails
Malakitty reflexively shoots FL (FL loses the BP shot)
Malakitty "Disappears. Leads are found that her corpse got dipped into a bin filled with hydrochloric acid, thus leaving her as an untraceable vat of liquid mush."
CheekyTeeky is shot by BEF
Gamma shoots Creature (Creature dies)
Mafia assigns FL to kill profii. (Fail - FL is already targeting someone else with a kill)
Fortian shoot RR (4 Town players are already dead this cycle, so RR survive the night AGAIN :lol: )
Creature Watch profii. (Target visited by no one)
Alonzo V-Cops Tails *redirected to RCE, but either way FL gets Tails is NOT Vanilla)
Alchemist Tracks Cheeky (Cheeky targeted BEF)
profii Cops Cheeky (Cheeky is MAFIA)
DrewVa check RR (RR is NOT SK)

N3 Action

FL kills Tails (Fail. Tails is NK-immune)
Mafia use FL to killing RCE (Fail. FL is submitting a different kill)
Gamma kills Alchemist (Success. Alchemist is dead)
Fortian Vigs Alonzo (Success. Alonzo is dead)
profii Cops Gamma (Target is a member of a street gang called Underdogs)
Alch Tracks Wisdom (Target went nowhere)
Alonzo V-Cops Gamma (FL is notified Gamma is Vanilla. Connection terminated.)
DrewVa checks Gamma (target is not SK)

N4 Action

Tails shoots RR (RR is dead)
FL shoots Wisdom (Wisdom lost BP status)
BuJaber shoots Thor (Thor is dead and loses the game)
Wisdom shoots pintu (pintu is dead)
Florian shoots Varsoon (Varsoon is dead. BuJaber takes over GF role)
profii Cops Amz (Target has no criminal record)
DrewVa Investigates Thor (Target is not SK)

N5 Action

FL shoots Wisdom again (Wisdom is dead. Underdogs are no more)
Wisdom shoots profii (profii is dead)
Florian shoots DGB (DGB is Dead. A Town Role will be revealed Scum)
profii Cops FL (Target is Mafia)
DrewVa Investigates Tails (Target IS a Serial Killer)

*Tails is notified Amzela is a VT

N6 Action

FL shoots Fortian
Fortian shoot davesaz
DrewVa investigate davesaz

Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #4686 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:05 pm

Post by Cerberus v666 »

Explaining why you did what you did is JUSTIFYING the mistake. That's very different from saying "Yes, I screwed up, I should have considered x y z and played this differently."

Instead you're saying "tbh, I don't blame myself for doing it, anyone else would have done the same."

Huge difference.

You're right though, I did conclude that there was little to be gained from interacting with you on this subject, so I should probably stop, but I justkeep holding onto the hope that you'll suddenly see the light.
Amzela
Amzela
Goon
Amzela
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4687 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:05 pm

Post by Amzela »

In post 4684, DrewVa wrote:
In post 4675, Cerberus v666 wrote:(Does anyone else wondering how DrewVa managed to conclude that I,a fter admitting that I played terribly this game, am the one who can't self-reflect in this conversation? Or willing to bring up the (again, completely accurate) things I've questioned them on which they've deflected by attacking me? FL? Can you ask them these things please? Or anybody I guess?)
Give it up already. You ain’t winning this. Just hold on to your remaining self-respect. What is still left of it.

You know why I did what I did, because I’ve already fucking explained so clearly that a dead horse would have gotten it by now.
You know, I am more than willing to take the blame for the bad game, if you two would stop fighting.

Wait, but also, are games not normally this fast? And @Nancy, were we supposed to talk more?

Also yay time to enter a newbie game... or never play again because lack of time and consistency.
DVa
DVa
Mafia Scum
DVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4688 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:06 pm

Post by DVa »

In post 4665, Flavor Leaf wrote:We have to see the game for what it was. An over the top kill heavy Multiball game. We got exactly what was promised.

I feel like the appropriate response here was "oh, town lost a bastard game where there was a 4 man scum team with 9 total anti-town players and zero redundancy in town investigative abilities"

Like purely from a math POV town doesn't win this most of the time

On the plus side, Cerb lost the game so I feel like in the end it all works out.
DrewVa
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4689 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:06 pm

Post by DrewVa »

In post 4683, Cerberus v666 wrote:
Nominating
Flavor Leaf
for
for his play in

DrewVa, again: Look at the way FL started the day phase. Does voting Amzela actually make sense coming from town, given the way they had approached the day start? Making that vote is a mistake all the time, unless you know that the person you're talking to is just going to go for it without thinking, which they claim they did. Unless I see that they ACTUALLY did call that in advance, as they're claiming they did, then it was a mistake.

You're being results oriented in your analysis. What's important isn't how it worked this time, but the process that led to that decision, and whether or not that decision was the right one.
Your behaviour to us, was abusive, unfair, unwarrented and mean. I’m not having this - or any other conversation with you for that matter, until you freaking apologize to me/us.

And furthermore, until you take into account my reasoning for why I did what I did, your analysis is pointless anyhow.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #4690 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:07 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Games usually go about the full deadline on the first Day phase and then tend to last roughly a week each day phase after that, sometimes shorter if people have their mind made up.
I think the whole 24-hour prod range is kinda huge given that if someone only posted once every 24 hours on average I'd have a real tough time figuring them out.

Also this game reminded me what Bloodborne taught me, which is that a mechanic should never be built solely into a role, because if that role dies, the cool mechanics you thought up are moot.
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #4691 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:08 pm

Post by Cerberus v666 »

In post 4687, Amzela wrote:

You know, I am more than willing to take the blame for the bad game, if you two would stop fighting.

Wait, but also, are games not normally this fast? And @Nancy, were we supposed to talk more?

Also yay time to enter a newbie game... or never play again because lack of time and consistency.
People do indeed tend to remove their heads from their asses when they reach LYLO, and thus things slow down. Or they don't just announce guilties at day starts and force quicklynches. The sheer volume of posts in the early game is a pretty consistent thing though.
In post 4688, DVa wrote:
In post 4665, Flavor Leaf wrote:We have to see the game for what it was. An over the top kill heavy Multiball game. We got exactly what was promised.

I feel like the appropriate response here was "oh, town lost a bastard game where there was a 4 man scum team with 9 total anti-town players and zero redundancy in town investigative abilities"

Like purely from a math POV town doesn't win this most of the time

On the plus side, Cerb lost the game so I feel like in the end it all works out.
Yeah, again, slightly scumsided game overall I think.
DrewVa
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4692 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:08 pm

Post by DrewVa »

In post 4686, Cerberus v666 wrote:Explaining why you did what you did is JUSTIFYING the mistake. That's very different from saying "Yes, I screwed up, I should have considered x y z and played this differently."

Instead you're saying "tbh, I don't blame myself for doing it, anyone else would have done the same."

Huge difference.

You're right though, I did conclude that there was little to be gained from interacting with you on this subject, so I should probably stop, but I justkeep holding onto the hope that you'll suddenly see the light.
The ONLY thing, I’m willing to acknowledge is how annoyingly persistent you are in beating this stupid dead horse. Happy now?
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #4693 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:10 pm

Post by Cerberus v666 »

In post 4689, DrewVa wrote:
Nominating
Flavor Leaf
for
for his play in

Your behaviour to us, was abusive, unfair, unwarrented and mean. I’m not having this - or any other conversation with you for that matter, until you freaking apologize to me/us.

And furthermore, until you take into account my reasoning for why I did what I did, your analysis is pointless anyhow.
I am(again) never going to apologize to you because there is nothing to apologize for. If this shall be the last time we talk, that is unfortunate and I wish you the best going forward.
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #4694 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:12 pm

Post by Cerberus v666 »

Oh!

Something I did that was a super fuckup, with the toog thing, that I realzied immediately but couldn't bring up because doing so would have made it more likely we'd end up mislynched:

Pushing toog the way I did was ABSOLUTELY a huge mistake. Not for the reasons others might think, but because I KNOW Toog is someone who would be willing to just end themselves as town, so I should have been MUCH more explicit in the best way to approach their role if they were town. What htey did was absolutely still the optimal action, but hte timing was wrong, and that was largely because I forgot that Toog is totally someone who'll just peace out of a game with no second thoughts, as they showed me in Heroes Wanted.

So yeah, that was a HUGE misread/mistake, with the knowledge I had of their playstyle.
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #4695 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:14 pm

Post by Cerberus v666 »

In post 4694, Cerberus v666 wrote:Oh!

Something I did that was a super fuckup, with the toog thing, that I realzied immediately but couldn't bring up because doing so would have made it more likely we'd end up mislynched:

Pushing toog the way I did was ABSOLUTELY a huge mistake. Not for the reasons others might think, but because I KNOW Toog is someone who would be willing to just end themselves as town, so I should have been MUCH more explicit in the best way to approach their role if they were town. What htey did was absolutely still the optimal action, but hte timing was wrong, and that was largely because I forgot that Toog is totally someone who'll just peace out of a game with no second thoughts, as they showed me in Heroes Wanted.

So yeah, that was a HUGE misread/mistake, with the knowledge I had of their playstyle.
I also didn't believe that A50 would put in another role that oculd result in a killfree N1 after hearing everyone tell him that it was a mistake in the first overkill; obviously I was wrong about that, but that is part of why I was pretty content with Toog sorting himself for us that way, though again, the approach was bad.
DrewVa
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4696 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:14 pm

Post by DrewVa »

In post 4687, Amzela wrote:

I’m not sure I understand your question? FL was really good and I wish I hadn’t underestimated you. Anyway, Cerb is blessed to have someone like you for his girlfriend. I hope he knows how damn lucky he is. If he ever stops worshiping the ground you walk on, you have my express permission to kick his fool ungrateful ass, into next week.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #4697 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:15 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Ya'll, I'm downloading 66 gigs of data right now to supplement the research and content I need to produce this game
I'm about to dump 72+ unpaid hours into building a setup for you folks
If I'm willing to do all this, please hash out stuff and come to a happy agreement moving forward
DrewVa
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4698 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:16 pm

Post by DrewVa »

In post 4693, Cerberus v666 wrote:
In post 4689, DrewVa wrote:
Nominating
Flavor Leaf
for
for his play in

I am(again) never going to apologize to you because there is nothing to apologize for. If this shall be the last time we talk, that is unfortunate and I wish you the best going forward.

I’m sorry, was that dead air, I just felt chafing me?
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #4699 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:16 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 4553, Flavor Leaf wrote:@Almost - get them PT’s out, haha.
All accessible now. Let me know if any are still private.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”