Amzela
Amzela
Goon
Amzela
Goon
Goon

Post Post #196 (isolation #1) » Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:08 am

Post by Amzela »

Aha. You cannot edit posts. That’s fun times. I apologize for accidentally quoting.
Amzela
Amzela
Goon
Amzela
Goon
Goon

Post Post #205 (isolation #2) » Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:26 am

Post by Amzela »

It’s probably time I introduce myself to the group, just so people aren’t wondering and to give some general context.

Hi all! I’m Amz. As you may guess by the lack of history, the inability to navigate the forum, and the join date of this account, I’m new here.

But why would Almost let a completely new person into a game?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It probably has to do with RR. I’m dating the half of RR that isn’t married.

So hello!
Amzela
Amzela
Goon
Amzela
Goon
Goon

Post Post #347 (isolation #3) » Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:15 am

Post by Amzela »

VOTE: Wisdom
Amzela
Amzela
Goon
Amzela
Goon
Goon

Post Post #372 (isolation #4) » Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:00 am

Post by Amzela »

In post 368, Alchemist21 wrote:
In post 205, Amzela wrote:It’s probably time I introduce myself to the group, just so people aren’t wondering and to give some general context.

Hi all! I’m Amz. As you may guess by the lack of history, the inability to navigate the forum, and the join date of this account, I’m new here.

But why would Almost let a completely new person into a game?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It probably has to do with RR. I’m dating the half of RR that isn’t married.

So hello!
I hear couples who endure a Mafia game together can endure anything. Good luck!
Why thank you! If this is anything like Diplomacy, we will be the strongest couple in all of Colorado.
In post 369, Varsoon wrote:I went doctor without insurance, just visiting cost 128 bucks.
I'll pick up my prescriptions tonight and let ya'll know the damage.
It wasn't like gallons of blood or anything and I've been coughing up blood in the morning too.
It's a really bad cough. I mean, bad enough to induce vomiting, which is pretty bad.
Aaaaaaahhhhhhh please let us know if we can help with anything if there's anything that can actually be helped.
Amzela
Amzela
Goon
Amzela
Goon
Goon

Post Post #656 (isolation #5) » Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:32 am

Post by Amzela »

In post 443, Reasonably Rational wrote:@Farside: Amzela is my gf, not Drixxs, and I think I would rather let her answer any questions directed at her. With regards to the playstyle change, it's experimental, and recent. :)
@Farside
Hi hello welcome. I do not know how to play Mafia online, only in person, but if you have issues with that you can take that up with A50. No offense taken at all, I know I'm slow.
However, I don't know if that can account for my off-ness. I'm always... off.
:]
In post 451, BuJaber wrote: Amz can you state a reason or reasons for your vote?
In post 487, Wisdom wrote:
In post 483, Tails wrote:@Wisdom: Why are you townreading Amzela?
Im not
In post 491, Wisdom wrote:I asked her if shes townreading drewva
I want to know why she voted me
In post 492, Tails wrote:I'm less watching her and more watching Cerb watching her.
@BuJaber, @Wisdom - I honestly just bandwagoned (sheeped?) with the first couple of posts. So much time has passed and a lot of information has come up (DrewVa), so I have to recheck.

UNVOTE:
In post 471, Tails wrote:But seriously, I hope RR is keeping track and seeing what I'm seeing.
This scares me.
In post 571, BuJaber wrote:The amount of people SK-reading people is staggering.

@Cerb - how shy is amz? At what point should we consider inactivity to be AI?.
I am pretty shy but I should become more active the more comfortable I get with people. However, given the fact that this is a newer medium to me, I'm not sure how I'll act around here. I do believe that once I figure out my system, you should see an uptick in posting.
On the other hand, a lot of these posts seem to have happened overnight and Cerb can attest to my need for massive amounts of sleep. That I do read the forums and post at work where I have access to a not-laptop. So pardon my slowness and call me out. Appreciate the help.
In post 613, Reasonably Rational wrote:
In post 483, Tails wrote:@RR: How would you feel if I got Amzela lynched?

@Wisdom: Why are you townreading Amzela?
Still catching up on the overnight posts, but its early and I'll forget this if i don't respond now.

I would feel the same way i would if Varsoon, or Chickadee, or anyone else I've chatted with enough to grow fond of were to be lynched this early: sad that I don't get to play with them more, relieved that I won't have to deal with the mental strain of being objective about someone I actively want to remain in the game, but also disappointed in the survival skills of anyone who can't avoid being lynched on D1. Also a little guilty for throwing her into the deep end of this particular forum.

-Cerb
I am a strong, independent woman who don't need no man!
That being said, if hiding behind Cerb or RR doesn't get me lynched, I will gratefully and most definitely hide behind the two.
Amzela
Amzela
Goon
Amzela
Goon
Goon

Post Post #667 (isolation #6) » Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:02 am

Post by Amzela »

@RR, Cerb
Haha I'm lost in the quotes and didn't realize the question was about DrewVa. Also, I could be neutral, do not forget that.

@Wisdom
I don't like it but I have to double-check. I also get confused on whether Nancy or DVa is responding sometimes, but I think that just means I need to check the threads a bit more carefully.
That being said, I do feel some aggression? How to analyze that to figure out what side they're on, I have no idea/haven't had time.
Amzela
Amzela
Goon
Amzela
Goon
Goon

Post Post #668 (isolation #7) » Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:03 am

Post by Amzela »

Also, I know people were buddying up but I have no idea what that means/if that actually has any effect on the game/shitposting?

But can I put in my request for a buddy as well?
Amzela
Amzela
Goon
Amzela
Goon
Goon

Post Post #727 (isolation #8) » Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:58 am

Post by Amzela »

In post 719, CheekyTeeky wrote:Instead of reading the game from the start I'm just going to ISO skim people in alphabetical order. I've just finished Davesaz and this is where I'm at:

Town lean
Fish
Chick

Nullish/conflicted
BuJaber
Creature
Davesaz

Scum lean
Alchemist
Amzela

Alchemist you said that your post explained your naked vote on Fish but that post seems to be talking more about Drewva than fish. Can you elaborate on your reads on both Fish and Drewva?

Amzela - what is your read on RR currently? I think you've implied you think they are town. Do you have reads on anyone, particularly those that have been pushing you?

Consider my list a bookmark until I can get more done.
Interesting read. Also, have people been pushing me? It feels more like people are just trying to understand how I play. Which is completely acceptable, as I am still trying to understand how I play.

RR feels more scum to me than anything, but that's light reading. Currently going through and tracking everything so I can organize my thoughts. On a page from yesterday, so bear with me. Stay tuned for more.

Thor gives me bad vibes.

For those in the States, Happy Thanksgiving!
Amzela
Amzela
Goon
Amzela
Goon
Goon

Post Post #748 (isolation #9) » Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:19 pm

Post by Amzela »

In post 743, farside wrote:Im really sorry to do this but
mod please replace me

I joined this for selfish reasons and I realized today I'm using this as a crux to avoid doing things IRL.
Take care Farside! We all do it every sometimes so no shame.
Amzela
Amzela
Goon
Amzela
Goon
Goon

Post Post #784 (isolation #10) » Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:13 pm

Post by Amzela »

In post 774, Tails wrote:
In post 656, Amzela wrote:
In post 471, Tails wrote:But seriously, I hope RR is keeping track and seeing what I'm seeing.
This scares me.
Your boyfriend is mine! Mine! And you can never have him back!
Muwahahaha!
*Ahem*
Anyway, want to go a little deeper on that?
I will have you know that I am the most adorable tiny Asian chick you have ever seen and I will defeat you and win back my boy with the power of God, anime, and a moon prism.

But in all seriousness, RR just has a habit of scaring me when they see something and I don't. Nothing out of the normal, just typical fear.

~~
Re: @Cheeky, because I do like responding to people even though it's not my turn.

TIL:
1. It is almost impossible to get caught up and track everything and keep things organized.
2. Gut feeling has always worked for me anyways.

I have a feeling that Farside/Alonzo, FL, BrightEyedFish, and Toogeloo are town.
Farside/Alonzo - solving a lot
FL - vote's switched a bit, haven't completely flushed it out, but it's enough and the people I've seen aren't related enough, but it's a preemptive reading.
BEF - also seems to solve alot
Toog - not sure what a hammer does but he seems to be pretty distant and not throwing himself all around?

I feel that DrewVa is scum and that the whole thing with Nancy and Wisdom is staged (sorry Nancy, don't want to invalidate your feelings)
RR because of the original posting of BEF and the fact that I don't believe there was any explanation for the switch in techniques outside to throw people off and Cerb is way too rational to just fuck with people. At least in Mafia.
I was going to throw DrewVa's list from somewhere in the 300-400s as also there, but I have a bad feeling.

But I really, really have a bad feeling about Thor.

VOTE: Thor

~~

And nooooooooooooow... to be the newbie.

What is pocketing? And what is multiballing/singleballing?
Amzela
Amzela
Goon
Amzela
Goon
Goon

Post Post #791 (isolation #11) » Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:23 pm

Post by Amzela »

In post 789, Wisdom wrote:
In post 784, Amzela wrote:I feel that DrewVa is scum and that the whole thing with Nancy and Wisdom is staged (sorry Nancy, don't want to invalidate your feelings)
Do you mean staged by her or that we're both scum
Both scum.
Amzela
Amzela
Goon
Amzela
Goon
Goon

Post Post #868 (isolation #12) » Thu Nov 22, 2018 6:14 am

Post by Amzela »

In post 846, DrewVa wrote:
Why is Thor scum here? I think I will probably anti-sheep any of your votes in this game.

~Nancy
Outside of this:
In post 825, Tails wrote:RR made note that Thor was acting more like his scum self in that game, so maybe not? Also, I think we have a few more strong personalities in this game.
It's coming from early posts and his defensiveness, which I do believe got called out by Cheeky.

--
Sidenote, not game related, histrionic is not inherently bad but has been used historically as a way to invalidate the concerns/feelings/treatment of women. This comes from the Renaissance and hysteria has typically been used as an excuse to mark women as irrational and, therefore, inferior as it was said to be only related to the uterus. I believe that might be the reason why Nancy doesn't like the usage of the word, and though it may not inherently be offensive, it could be argued that it implies something.
Amzela
Amzela
Goon
Amzela
Goon
Goon

Post Post #872 (isolation #13) » Thu Nov 22, 2018 6:32 am

Post by Amzela »

In post 852, Reasonably Rational wrote:
In post 825, Tails wrote:RR made note that Thor was acting more like his scum self in that game, so maybe not? Also, I think we have a few more strong personalities in this game.
LOL. No. I flat out told the game that Thor was scum and Thor was scum. All you need to read Thor is experience playing against him if you are scum and he isn't. Modding a game he plays in will probably help also since you get the outside view. He's terrifying if you're scum and he's town but he has some really deep grooves he tends to stick to as well.

Also maybe I'm giving everyone a really high BoP here because I think somehow nobody else really saw it in OK1? It seems pretty straightforward to me though. He's a bit less active this game than I'd like, but the early trend seems very much town on him, if you're wondering. I still have him in the null stack in my mind though. Waiting to see something specific in his posting.

~D
@RR;Drixx, if we weren't in OK1, should we read OK1?
In post 870, DrewVa wrote:
In post 865, pinturicchio wrote:
In post 863, DrewVa wrote: I know he’s not scumreading me based on that but that isn’t the point. I don’t appreciate him using terms like “histrionics” to describe my feelings. Yes, I am not suggesting that I should automatically be townread for that, only that my emotions are always genuine.
Maybe we understand differently the word "histrionic" in this context. What do you feel he's saying with that word? 'Cause, as far as I know, being histrionic is not intrinsically bad
p-edit: yeah RR defined histrionics as I know it is, and being dramatic is a personality treat, not a disorder or anything like that. My girlfriend is the most dramatic person I've ever known and it's fun, it's like living in a movie
He thinks just because this is a game, it somehow justifies him acting like a dick to me and it doesn’t. Scumreading me is a part of the game, abusing me isn’t and his most recent post is very close to bordering on that. If I wasn’t in a hydra, I would replace out over this but I made a commitment to DVa. A50 probably can’t do anything to stop it. I keep trying to as nicely as possible, to get through to him why his treatment of me is unacceptable and he just keeps doubling down and misconstruing what I’m saying. I never ever said, a single one of my posts were untouchable, only for him to stop being such a jerk to me. :(

Like there is a way to discuss my posts, without deliberately being an ass about it, is my point.
I personally don't read the abusiveness of the post, as Drixx was using histrionic in context of the descriptive word and he did make a point that we seem to be townreading you for those things. I don't think he was going after you necessarily but going after us for letting you all off the hook. And we have, to some extent.
(I don't trust you but the people you've both called out as Town/Scum are confusing me and I don't want to sort through that mess on Turkey Day.)
(Trust issues ftw)

Also RR;Drixx, this isn't just a game of rhetoric fite me.

That being said, I also heavily think that RR is scum, possibly due to knowing Cerb a little more and their original randomeness, and for you two to "seem to get into a genuine fight" is throwing me off and I am just confused. You do seem Town and I don't think scum would infight like that, unless this is an elaborate ploy to get us all confused.

Also @pintu I just realized that you're from Chile! Come up and eat turkey with us.

Also, I do not think this game is multiball and if so *throws hands up in the air and jumps out a window*.
Amzela
Amzela
Goon
Amzela
Goon
Goon

Post Post #875 (isolation #14) » Thu Nov 22, 2018 6:46 am

Post by Amzela »

*blushes* senpai noticed me
Amzela
Amzela
Goon
Amzela
Goon
Goon

Post Post #877 (isolation #15) » Thu Nov 22, 2018 6:48 am

Post by Amzela »

Wait Drixx, was that towards me?
Amzela
Amzela
Goon
Amzela
Goon
Goon

Post Post #882 (isolation #16) » Thu Nov 22, 2018 6:56 am

Post by Amzela »

In post 878, Reasonably Rational wrote:
In post 875, Amzela wrote:*blushes* senpai noticed me
We gotta find you an avatar.

Also ... please elaborate on your suspicion that Cerb and I are scum. I need to see this thought process written down.

~D

P-Edit: Nope. Nancy decided to wade further into troubled waters and suggest I was making political statements ... after the bullying and name calling didn't browbeat me into silence and obedience.
I know you're going to hate me for this, but it's merely a strong feeling. And I play with my gut.
(That's why I am so fucking bad at lying games and why I couldn't stop blushing when Cerb called me out as renegade during Bang!)

It's mostly that, as Cerb has mentioned, you all don't really do things randomly. Though I wouldn't put the RVS past a way to elicit reactions and write things down for research, I would be surprised that it would be your first post. That and I feel like congratulating Farside on figuring things out and yet not disputing it, while is completely something that Cerb would do, it's suspicious.

I don't know how to feel about the Hebi thing earlier in the game, calling out the emotional pull. I also know that people have been saying scum lay low, and I feel like you two wouldn't be ones to do that, and there's been posting and figuring out things, so I don't know.

However, I don't want you all to be lynched because I do appreciate your analyses.
Amzela
Amzela
Goon
Amzela
Goon
Goon

Post Post #883 (isolation #17) » Thu Nov 22, 2018 6:58 am

Post by Amzela »

In post 879, Reasonably Rational wrote:This is a game where people attempt AtE all the time.
Amzela
Amzela
Goon
Amzela
Goon
Goon

Post Post #886 (isolation #18) » Thu Nov 22, 2018 7:03 am

Post by Amzela »

In post 884, Reasonably Rational wrote:
pedit: AMZELA TRY TO LYNCH US IF YOU THINK WE'RE SCUM. :) That's just how the game should be played. I mean, you'll fail(I would expect us to top out at 8 votes at this stage in the day, 4 from people who have already expressed some inclination to be opposed to us, and 4 from people who don't care/are scum), but it could be a good exercise. <3
Nope I need your brains. I just hope you get vig (haha I know the terminology) at some point in time.

pedit: ah what the fuck.
VOTE: RR
Amzela
Amzela
Goon
Amzela
Goon
Goon

Post Post #900 (isolation #19) » Thu Nov 22, 2018 7:34 am

Post by Amzela »

Y'all, Almost50 has told me about the ISO view and this is amazing what is this bullshit phpBB you were not this fancy before.
Amzela
Amzela
Goon
Amzela
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1043 (isolation #20) » Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:28 pm

Post by Amzela »

In post 1024, CheekyTeeky wrote:Ohhh I've just worked out Alonzo's crumbed flavour I think.
In post 1035, DrewVa wrote:
In post 1023, Toogeloo wrote:meh, I didn't mean to double post the first quote, but whatever.

... Also, I am totally team Drixx here in regards to the Nancy v. Drixx meanie contest. Short of someone being obscene, a bigot, or literally trolling to piss someone off, you should be prepared and put on your big boy/girl panties and know there will be slights against your character and playstyle in Mafia. I'd do the same in Drixx's shoes, and Nancy has a history of AtE, so it was a perfectly valid argument by Drixx.
Based on what you said to Math in Heroes, like Wisdom, this doesn’t surprise me but Drixx and me have resolved things and Fort has reqursted people stfu about it, so why do you feel the need to still add your two cents to this? Just focus on the damn game, kthanx. :roll:
TIL: People in Mafia get super salty.
In post 981, CheekyTeeky wrote:
In post 947, CheekyTeeky wrote:Ok prepare to be amazed:

{Farside/Alonzo, Fortain, Profii}
{Fish, Chick, Gamma, Hebichan, Pint, RCE, Tails, Varsoon, Wisdom, RR}
{Creature, Davesaz, Malakitty}
{BuJaber, Flavorleaf, Alchemist, Majiffy, Thor}
{Amzela, DrippingGoofball, DrewVa}
Actually Creature can be scum btw.
@Cheeky, pardon my ignorance but what does this mean?
In post 965, Reasonably Rational wrote:
Fundamental Attribution Error:
I believe you are falling prey to this particular cognitive bias when it comes to interacting with me. (This is giving you a gigantic benefit of the doubt, but that seems reasonable to me at this juncture). I can provide you with links to studies and in depth evidence of this, but I'll start with a quote from a fantastic bit of writing which gives a fairly decent basic summary of the bias:
Suppose you come into work and see your colleague kicking his desk. You think, 'what an angry person he must be'. Your colleague is thinking about how someone bumped him into a wall on the way to work and then shouted at him.
Anyone
would be angry at that, he thinks. When we look at others we see personality traits that explain their behaviour, but when we look at ourselves we see circumstances that explain our behaviour. People's stories make internal sense to them, from the inside, but we don't see people's histories trailing behind them in the air. We only see them in one situation, and we don't see what they would be like in a different situation. So the fundamental attribution error is that we explain by permanent, enduring traits what would be better explained by circumstance and context.
Understanding this is one of the bedrock foundations of rationalism and interacting with other rational agents.

~Drixx

P.S. - Anyone interested in an entertaining and easy to understand introduction to the basic ideas of rationalism should definitely check out hpmor.com
@RR;Drixx Amateur psychologist here (hello psych degree from college). I think it also slights against you, as I haven't seen a lot empathy. It's an apparently-known feature of Nancy that she over-reacts. I do believe you understand the word histrionic and, contextualization aside, it does bring some hefty connotations especially when it seems like she was already up in arms with regards to people questioning her emotions. Nevertheless +1 points for whipping out social psych.

With regards to pegging you as scum, I take it back. I misread and apparently you do things randomly as town. Going to defer to Varsoon from now on and he pegs you as town.

UNVOTE:
In post 985, Fortian wrote:Just going to get some ~quick thoughts~ down.

In agreement with RR in that I think Profis reaction towards the dayvig thing here comes from scum significantly more often than not; can sort of see it being a situation where he'd sort of been told to make a post from his partners and ended up with that whole "If I'm not dead we should lynch Varsoon" which I don't really believe to be a real thought at all, particularly since he'd town read Varsoon earlier on and it not being a real dayvig can easily fit under reaction-test here.

The whole DrewVa v RR thing is a fucking chore to read through, in fact Drew v Anyone is just incredibly infuriating to have to read. Even moreso since I'm very confident that Drews town here and think that they're still just being a huge distraction to any real relevant scumhunting. Can I ask that people involved in this at least try and minimise their focus here for a bit, we're ~3 days into the game, it's at ~40 pages and about ~20 of those are about the one player in a 26 player game. Really unhelpful now, really unhelpful for those trying to catch up, and going to make rereading near impossible.

I'm pretty much working with a town pool of Toog/Drew/Tails/Pint/Varsoon/RR at the moment. I've got a weakish town read on Amzela that I'm going to want DV to sanity check me on, but is mostly based on thinking their stance and angle re; the RR vote is unlikely to come from them as scum here.

-Regfan

@Regfan/everyone, what exactly is dayvigging? A50 explained the vigilante role to me but what does dayvigging do and how do we know? I take it that A50/ruru would post something?
In post 996, profii wrote:Ok I’ve arrived

The reason day vig is scum is I’ve said imma cop someone twice. Granted I fake PR on day 1 to get night killed but if you are happy to shoot a potential cop without second thought then you should really be questioned from here on in
In post 1012, profii wrote:
In post 1011, CheekyTeeky wrote:
In post 988, Alonzo wrote:
In post 911, Varsoon wrote:Yeah profii your vote is bad and you should feel bad
Anyway
Daykill : Profii
Hasta la vista baby
This feels like TMI.
I’m a cop you idiot
Wait, just to make absolutely, completely sure (sorry for redundancy)
@Profii are you claiming the role of cop?

(Also what's the difference between a hard claim and a soft claim? And what's the difference between a claim and a suggestion? And is claiming crumbing or is crumbing a way to figure out roles/sides? Also, how the hell does crumbing work?)
Amzela
Amzela
Goon
Amzela
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1044 (isolation #21) » Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:30 pm

Post by Amzela »

shit.

Going back to my original thoughts.
Amzela
Amzela
Goon
Amzela
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1053 (isolation #22) » Thu Nov 22, 2018 2:05 pm

Post by Amzela »

Thanks Cheeky and Profii. I've been going through the wiki and I'm trying to understand how all that text and stuff actually plays out in game.

Guess we'll just wait and see.
Amzela
Amzela
Goon
Amzela
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1104 (isolation #23) » Fri Nov 23, 2018 4:52 am

Post by Amzela »

Wait what’s the rational behind DrippingGoofball?
Amzela
Amzela
Goon
Amzela
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1150 (isolation #24) » Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:39 am

Post by Amzela »

Yay for jumping on wagons because you can't figure what the fuck is going on!

VOTE: DrippingGoofball
Amzela
Amzela
Goon
Amzela
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1169 (isolation #25) » Fri Nov 23, 2018 11:27 am

Post by Amzela »

In post 1151, Toogeloo wrote:Amzela, how good do you think you'd be at discerning Cerb as town or scum in forum based Mafia? Hopefully you don't talk about the game outside of the game, but do you get a sense that you can read him without actually seeing him? Is your only experience with Cerb in live versions of the game?

Also... you need an avatar.
My experience with Mafia and Cerb is him fanboying over A50 and Varsoon's games. It's the whole reason why I decided to try things out in the first place.

With regards to how they play, however, I don't know. I feel that the Drixx v Nancy thing was very genuine, so I don't think they're on the same side. This makes me more inclined to say RR is town just because I think they'd be more focused if they were scum. I need to ISO Nancy and make my conspiracy board for who's associating with who. I need to make my case.
Amzela
Amzela
Goon
Amzela
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1827 (isolation #26) » Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:39 pm

Post by Amzela »

In post 1824, Tails wrote:Can someone explain to me why we're not voting the Drew hydra anymore? Because I just finished with the RR nonsense, and I really want that slot dead.
I think the emotional drama was genuine. That and DrewVa seems to be genuinely interested in solving things. I'm apparently pulling from post 1533.
In post 1802, hebichan wrote:That's fair.

Can we lynch thor over clem then? I think thor's iso is worse in general.
Thor's defensiveness gives me a bad feeling, especially post 1555. Does someone know if Thor always plays defensive?

But in any case hello, hi, the holidays are terrible and I hope Chickadee is okay and will survive.

Other notes:

RR

I know mafia Cerb is different than regular Cerb, and please call me out if this is knowledge I'm not supposed to tell, but I've never really seen Cerb so defensive before. Like, I know this is a game of paranoia, but Cerb never really gets petty over things.
RR gives me some bad feelings. Both Drixx and Cerb have been getting up in arms and it feels like a distracted, especially because they're both known to play the distant rational type.

Chickadee

I don't know about Chickadee's play style, but it still doesn't feel strong enough to read as scum. Pardon my inexperience, but it feels more wishy-washy and lost than anything. Especially with the replace, it honestly feels like she just skimmed a lot and was trying to do interpretations. I don't know how to feel about the creature defending thing, but given the holidays, I feel like outside circumstances probably would've put her on edge and that's why she'd ask Creature to stop. I also feel like her ask of Profii to continue voting for Creature was a continuation of her original vote. I don't know, I just feel like the Chickadee wagon is slightly empty.

However, I'm gonna pull the newbie card and just jump on a wagon to see who flips what because I have no fucking idea what's going on here. If the Chick wagon continues, count me in. It feels like even a mislynch gives more information than not. (Or maybe I'm playing the game wrong who knows.)
However, if a Thor wagon gets going, I will definitely jump on it with you @Hebi.

UNVOTE:
Amzela
Amzela
Goon
Amzela
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1940 (isolation #27) » Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:19 am

Post by Amzela »

In post 1937, Fortian wrote:
In post 1935, Fortian wrote:Clemency’s posting has only kind of supported my scumread on Chickadee imo.

In the meantime, RR you worry me.

-DV
Clarification. I think clem’s posting is scummy. Realised that was unclear
Which posts are you talking about?
Amzela
Amzela
Goon
Amzela
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2908 (isolation #28) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:35 am

Post by Amzela »

Reading RR and Wisdom as scum.
VOTE: RR
Reasons are Wisdom defending RR quickly after RR fucked up. They’ve been having a weird read all game.

You’re free to mislynch me if people can’t make up their minds. As I’ve learned my role is considered useless.

Mods, can I be put on indefinite V/LA? I will replace out if I cannot post/get to this place in 72 hours.

This game is really fun. Wish I was better and a bit more intelligent.
Amzela
Amzela
Goon
Amzela
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2911 (isolation #29) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:39 am

Post by Amzela »

Lies.
Mods can I be placed V/LA until this Friday, the 7th?

Thank you.
Amzela
Amzela
Goon
Amzela
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3404 (isolation #30) » Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:38 pm

Post by Amzela »

In post 3199, hebichan wrote:Does it?

Just because I'm voting on someone doesn't mean I care if I get lynched. I'm a VT in a role madness game again.

I just want to get my scumreads out before I die.
VOTE: hebichan

Get off my fucking role, scum.
Amzela
Amzela
Goon
Amzela
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3604 (isolation #31) » Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:43 am

Post by Amzela »

In post 3594, pinturicchio wrote:VOTE: Amzela
I honestly don’t blame you at all.

But I have four questions.

1. There’s roles that can reappear after they “died”, right? So even if Mala and Cheeky are gone, they can come back?
2. There can be two of the same exact role in a game? Because Hebi didn’t have any flavoring or any special abilities right?
3. There’s a max of 1 scum dead, right?
Toog didn’t count.
Hebi was lynched and flipped town.
So that means 3 town left and 1 non town for the deaths. (Also Nero posted a “Bah” post are we able to analyze anything?)
4. Janitoring. Do we ever get to know how they flipped or is it a mystery until the end of the game.
Amzela
Amzela
Goon
Amzela
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3720 (isolation #32) » Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:34 pm

Post by Amzela »

OH NOOOOOOO WHAT
Amzela
Amzela
Goon
Amzela
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3745 (isolation #33) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:49 am

Post by Amzela »

Alright just to get my stuff straight:

Nero Cain was Town.
Malakitty was Town.
CheekyTeeky was Scum.
Creature was Town.
Alchemist21 was Town
Alonzo was Town.
RCEnigma was... 3p?

RCE was the reason why people didn't flip.

(I'm still trying to sort through all of the other roles.)

That meant someone on town's side shot Cheeky, because a Roleblocker doesn't actually do any killing.
Amzela
Amzela
Goon
Amzela
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3934 (isolation #34) » Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:34 am

Post by Amzela »

I have no idea how to play this game and roles are weird and I'm gonna get in trouble for trying to play this at work.

For Gamma, after going through the Iso, I have no idea but I'm leaning towards not scum. I really, really want to wagon but like, the questioning of Cheeky's statements feels weirdly not scum. Then again, it could be... facade stuff? I'm looking at 3024 and 2794.
But also in 2325, it seems like a wishy-washy... I have no frickin' idea.

There feels like there's a lot of fluff but I have no idea either.

I don't know. I kinda want to wagon, but I feel blind, so I'm going to stick with my original not-happy-making vote.

(Baby steps right? Maybe I can get some more analyses after work...)
Amzela
Amzela
Goon
Amzela
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3947 (isolation #35) » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:05 am

Post by Amzela »

In post 3935, davesaz wrote:I'd like some time to read please. I believe profii but would like to look through Gamma's ISO to see if I can pick up on it separately. Consider me voting in spirit.

Amzela, how closely have you been looking at the last 2-3 pages?
I've been skimming them because I'm not supposed to be playing this game at work. Super distracted though.

I still want to focus on ISOing Chickmency and Cheeky.

@Wisdom, I am not but I'd like to help look for that person. I really want to join the Gamma wagon but given that there's two mafia teams and a lot of town has died already, I want to have some time to analyze before accusing anyone else.
Amzela
Amzela
Goon
Amzela
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3974 (isolation #36) » Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:45 pm

Post by Amzela »

UNVOTE:

Mafia, the game where you doubt everything and anything. I can't read Thor anymore.

I want to mention that Pintu had been going after Nero really hard. Like really hard. Now that Nero's flipped town, Pintu's gone on to Gamma.

@Pintu, can you explain why you were hammering for Nero so hard?
Amzela
Amzela
Goon
Amzela
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3977 (isolation #37) » Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:18 pm

Post by Amzela »

Oh shit son I think that's 8.

@FL
Also, I too missed 3847. I don't blame you. I am confused as how me voting RR when you think RR is scum makes me scum. It kinda seems back-firing.

Before this gets closed down, I want to mention that if you lynch me, I'm okay with that. It's going to be a mislynch and I think I angrily claimed VT at Hebi because I thought there couldn't be multiple roles, but from what I understand, VT is kind of useless anyways. But yeah.
Amzela
Amzela
Goon
Amzela
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3979 (isolation #38) » Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:26 pm

Post by Amzela »

Yeah but I don't like you either, RR.

Something about how you play feels... just off. Which is shit and doesn't help anyone because I've got no reasoning to back me up.
Amzela
Amzela
Goon
Amzela
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3982 (isolation #39) » Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:37 pm

Post by Amzela »

@Fortian, I finally went back through the ISO and re-read what y'all wrote about RR being scum.

I would like to make it very clear that Cerb's faith in me is very much misplaced and I should probably have been a normal human being and started off like every other single newbie instead of getting on my high horse and thinking I could handle that. So yeah.

Still agree with you on RR being scum though.
Amzela
Amzela
Goon
Amzela
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4297 (isolation #40) » Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:32 pm

Post by Amzela »

I apologize for being a shit player. Work and family exploded in face.

Am... I correct in seeing... the game is leaning towards a town win?
Amzela
Amzela
Goon
Amzela
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4426 (isolation #41) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:01 am

Post by Amzela »

Hey all it looks like I’m still alive and on PTO so I’m going to actually play this time.

FL, could you explain your role one more time please? Looking over the thread, I still have no idea how you and Alonzo worked.
Amzela
Amzela
Goon
Amzela
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4443 (isolation #42) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:29 am

Post by Amzela »

In post 4438, Flavor Leaf wrote:I need y’all here in real time.
In post 4439, Flavor Leaf wrote:I hate 3p endgame. This game effectively becomes all on me to make the correct decision.
In post 4442, Flavor Leaf wrote:DrewVa, you’re SK af....:lol:

I really didn’t like that I came to start posting like 15 minutes after Amzela did and she didn’t have anything much to say except that she can play this day. She asked about my role, though.
Calm down. It's my first day of PTO after the end-of-year rush and I'm immediately back at my parents house which is all sorts of fucky. Y'all have been going really fast.
In post 4440, Flavor Leaf wrote:
In post 4437, Flavor Leaf wrote:@DrewVa - you crumbed too much. It looks super fake and predetermined to me.
Not saying this is a reason against you. I very much think you’d do that as town also, but was just stating how it makes me feel.
I agree with the whole looking super fake.

Nevertheless, what exactly about DrewVa makes them look SK af?
Amzela
Amzela
Goon
Amzela
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4446 (isolation #43) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 5:12 am

Post by Amzela »

You’ve been proven town via your receives reads from Alonzo, FL?
Amzela
Amzela
Goon
Amzela
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4447 (isolation #44) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 5:14 am

Post by Amzela »

My other question, and correct me if I’m wrong, is who did DrewVa investigate last night, if they investigated, and why?

FBI Agents (which is their claim) can investigate once per night right?
Amzela
Amzela
Goon
Amzela
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4450 (isolation #45) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 5:19 am

Post by Amzela »

Yeah I saw that going through your iso with your 1-shot.

Admittedly, I’m trying really hard to not-Town read you and I have a lot of trouble. The only thing that makes me uneasy is your push to get things over with so quickly, but I also can’t tell if that’s normal cadence or just how you play. I know I’m the slow one here.

What do you mean by your shot found an SK?
Amzela
Amzela
Goon
Amzela
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4454 (isolation #46) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 5:28 am

Post by Amzela »

No worries but *squints comically*.

DrewVa is on V/LA anyways so if we can just slow it down a bit until DrewVa is able to defend themselves.

I’ve discovered I’m terrible at Mafia. I’m dating Cerb and he told me to try it out but also it’s been a point of stress. I don’t know the roles that well, especially the complicated roles, and the jargon plus the meta has been really rough to try and decode.

So maybe I can fake things? But goddamn please tell me how I’m doing it.
Amzela
Amzela
Goon
Amzela
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4459 (isolation #47) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 5:50 am

Post by Amzela »

I have a list of things I want to investigate but family right now.

The thing I do want to follow up on is Tails saying I claimed VT and I know you were asking for people to claim. Didn’t post and, as you expect, I am claiming VT.

It’s also stupidly hard to go back and forth reading you scum, town, and 3p for BOTH of you with ISOs as long as yours. Keep all the possibilities open. Keep all the paranoia on.
Amzela
Amzela
Goon
Amzela
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4495 (isolation #48) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:31 am

Post by Amzela »

Oh no. Oh well. Good game.
Amzela
Amzela
Goon
Amzela
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4497 (isolation #49) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:34 am

Post by Amzela »

Problem is, I am town. I have no idea how to defend myself, though, nor do I know how to read anyone anymore.
Amzela
Amzela
Goon
Amzela
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4498 (isolation #50) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:35 am

Post by Amzela »

I guess we just discuss this after the game? I have not made enough posts to clear my name, I know that.

BUT I GUESS I CAN THROW WRENCHES AT PEOPLE.

VOTE: DrewVa
Amzela
Amzela
Goon
Amzela
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4512 (isolation #51) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:56 am

Post by Amzela »

360 headshot and aimed at the wrong person. Thank you for letting me play! Nepotism never really did anyone good.
Amzela
Amzela
Goon
Amzela
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4527 (isolation #52) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:02 am

Post by Amzela »

Could we go over what could’ve happened better?
Amzela
Amzela
Goon
Amzela
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4687 (isolation #53) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:05 pm

Post by Amzela »

In post 4684, DrewVa wrote:
In post 4675, Cerberus v666 wrote:(Does anyone else wondering how DrewVa managed to conclude that I,a fter admitting that I played terribly this game, am the one who can't self-reflect in this conversation? Or willing to bring up the (again, completely accurate) things I've questioned them on which they've deflected by attacking me? FL? Can you ask them these things please? Or anybody I guess?)
Give it up already. You ain’t winning this. Just hold on to your remaining self-respect. What is still left of it.

You know why I did what I did, because I’ve already fucking explained so clearly that a dead horse would have gotten it by now.
You know, I am more than willing to take the blame for the bad game, if you two would stop fighting.

Wait, but also, are games not normally this fast? And @Nancy, were we supposed to talk more?

Also yay time to enter a newbie game... or never play again because lack of time and consistency.
Amzela
Amzela
Goon
Amzela
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4700 (isolation #54) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:16 pm

Post by Amzela »

In post 4690, Varsoon wrote:Games usually go about the full deadline on the first Day phase and then tend to last roughly a week each day phase after that, sometimes shorter if people have their mind made up.
I think the whole 24-hour prod range is kinda huge given that if someone only posted once every 24 hours on average I'd have a real tough time figuring them out.

Also this game reminded me what Bloodborne taught me, which is that a mechanic should never be built solely into a role, because if that role dies, the cool mechanics you thought up are moot.
Wait clarification. Am I just bad at playing, did this game go fast, or both?
Amzela
Amzela
Goon
Amzela
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4706 (isolation #55) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:24 pm

Post by Amzela »

Wait I’m super confused. I thought you didn’t like Drixx back in the massive argument you had around the... 170s?
Amzela
Amzela
Goon
Amzela
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4707 (isolation #56) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:25 pm

Post by Amzela »

Hahah 70s sorry. I don’t remember. Just remember a lot of anger.
Amzela
Amzela
Goon
Amzela
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4708 (isolation #57) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:26 pm

Post by Amzela »

Ah it doesn’t matter. Thank you again for letting me join!
Amzela
Amzela
Goon
Amzela
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4791 (isolation #58) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:21 pm

Post by Amzela »

In post 4771, DrewVa wrote:
In post 4760, Cerberus v666 wrote:
In post 4746, DrewVa wrote:
In post 4743, profii wrote:VOTE: Gladiate DrewVa and Cerb
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I’d settle for just muzzling him at this point. Amzela must be a saint, is all I have to add to that.
AmmiZLToday at 5:14 PM

Mmm... I don’t like how Nancy attacked you but also she’s sensitive and you dug so can’t blame her.
Your online persona is different than how you are in person
Cerberus v6.66Today at 5:16 PM
mhm
My online persona is identical to how I am
just not in mafia
idk, mafia is weird
:-/

From our discord a bit ago.

And yes, I did get her permission to post that.

In post game discussions I'm a lot less accepting of people not accepting criticism than I am in life in general, and I'm a lot less..nice, I suppose. Feel free to look around the site at me posting in other contexts if you actually want to get a view of how I am.
Why aren’t you listening to what your girlfriend is telling you? You’d be a better and much wiser man if you did. Amzela is very smart and you need to listen to what she says. She is inspirationally wise. If she ever lands a gig as a motivational speaker, I want tickets.
Lol DrewVa I spent the majority of last night spiraling into mental instability and crying on Cerb at 1 in the morning because of the game. I’m the last person you want as a motivational speaker.

For the record, it’s not the loss or win, it’s the ability to play that gets to me. I’m surrounded by very smart people and I am the pathos person of the group, not the logos. It gets to me is all.

But Cerb stop being a butt and acknowledge that Nancy and DVa did very well, especially after the extraordinarily long discussion of name blaming between you two that took forever to iso through. Nancy is no diubtedly going to try and get better, just like you will as I know you.

Also FL, you deserve that nomination. If you’re able to make a player get yelled at for shouting at her computer about how she doesn’t understand what the fuck you’re doing but you’re somehow town, you’re doing something right.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”