Amzela
Amzela
Goon
Amzela
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4700 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:16 pm

Post by Amzela »

In post 4690, Varsoon wrote:Games usually go about the full deadline on the first Day phase and then tend to last roughly a week each day phase after that, sometimes shorter if people have their mind made up.
I think the whole 24-hour prod range is kinda huge given that if someone only posted once every 24 hours on average I'd have a real tough time figuring them out.

Also this game reminded me what Bloodborne taught me, which is that a mechanic should never be built solely into a role, because if that role dies, the cool mechanics you thought up are moot.
Wait clarification. Am I just bad at playing, did this game go fast, or both?
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #4701 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:17 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Cerb, I was sure that you were third party and, if not, I was gonna be happy with a lynch on you otherwise.
Should be obv from our scum PT.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #4702 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:18 pm

Post by Varsoon »

@Amzela: You're new, not bad. There's a lot of room for improvement, but the game was definitely fast paced. 200 pages in 1 month is a lot.
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #4703 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:20 pm

Post by Cerberus v666 »

In post 4697, Varsoon wrote:Ya'll, I'm downloading 66 gigs of data right now to supplement the research and content I need to produce this game
I'm about to dump 72+ unpaid hours into building a setup for you folks
If I'm willing to do all this, please hash out stuff and come to a happy agreement moving forward
*shrug* I'm willing to play with anyone in one of your games Varsoon, even RC!

:p

Actually, I'm willing to play with anyone in any game, because I don't actually take things personally(though Drixx does when things get personal).

Also, there's a very good chance that people who dislike me won't be in the game because I tend to be one of the first people to signup to your games. <3
GTK a me, currently live, this may be your only chance!
viewtopic.php?f=61&t=78521&p=10688009#p10688009
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4704 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:21 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

All good on the PT’s. Read em all.

But yeah, I act scummy as scum on purpose. Why would I act townie as scum? That’s scummy.

Also, what scum votes first in LYLO like that? That’s effectively the point of me voting first.
DrewVa
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4705 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:21 pm

Post by DrewVa »

In post 4697, Varsoon wrote:Ya'll, I'm downloading 66 gigs of data right now to supplement the research and content I need to produce this game
If I'm willing to do all this, please hash out stuff and come to a happy agreement moving forward
I’m sorry Varsoon, I don’t allow anyone to disrespect me like this and not apologize for it. However, I am a bigger person than - I forgot whom - and won’t allow it to prevent me from playing to the best of my ability in whatever awesome game you design.

I just have 0 respect for Cerb as a person. I’m not happy about that but then I have no choice but to respect his bad decision. Oh well, at least I still think well of the other half of that hydra. \_0_/
Amzela
Amzela
Goon
Amzela
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4706 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:24 pm

Post by Amzela »

Wait I’m super confused. I thought you didn’t like Drixx back in the massive argument you had around the... 170s?
Amzela
Amzela
Goon
Amzela
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4707 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:25 pm

Post by Amzela »

Hahah 70s sorry. I don’t remember. Just remember a lot of anger.
Amzela
Amzela
Goon
Amzela
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4708 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:26 pm

Post by Amzela »

Ah it doesn’t matter. Thank you again for letting me join!
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #4709 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:28 pm

Post by Varsoon »

@Cerb: I'm pretty much the same way. I was even tempted to implement a 'Wisdom-of-the-Mod' rule about not letting players who I know couch games in toxic rhetoric, but I'm going to stand by not having any blacklists on my games.

@Nancy: Please don't judge someone so harshly for providing harshly worded criticism, even if it's not due. I honestly think you should both apologize to each other, to some degree. I think you misplayed LYLO here, too, and if I was town, I'd be really frustrated about it, too, just like I was with Shoshin in the post-game of TAZ mafia; but it's more about being frustrated with a person's play and not voicing it in a way that person is going to appreciate or actually care to grapple with.
DrewVa
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4710 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:29 pm

Post by DrewVa »

In post 4703, Cerberus v666 wrote:
*shrug* I'm willing to play with anyone in one of your games Varsoon, even RC!

:p

Actually, I'm willing to play with anyone in any game, because I don't actually take things personally(though Drixx does when things get personal).

Also, there's a very good chance that people who dislike me won't be in the game because I tend to be one of the first people to signup to your games. <3

DON’T.FLATTER.YOURSELF.

As if someone like you could ever stop me from signing up for one of Varsoon’s awesome games.

Get over yourself. I’m sorry but you’re really not that important in the scheme of things.
DrewVa
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4711 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:36 pm

Post by DrewVa »

In post 4706, Amzela wrote:Wait I’m super confused. I thought you didn’t like Drixx back in the massive argument you had around the... 170s?
Nah, I’m not one to hold grudges and Drixx made things right, so I have no issue with him. I’m not asking Cerb to apologize for having a difference of opinion but for the despicable way he treated me, in the eary part of the conversation. I have plenty of respect for anyone who does their best to make things right, like Drixx did, so I have no problem with him anymore. I’m cool with him and was serious about talking to him on Discord and becoming friends. That wasn’t gametalk, I was 100% sincere about that.
DrewVa
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4712 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:38 pm

Post by DrewVa »

In post 4702, Varsoon wrote:@Amzela: You're new, not bad. There's a lot of room for improvement, but the game was definitely fast paced. 200 pages in 1 month is a lot.
+1

Agreed. For a newb, you played really well. :)
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #4713 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:41 pm

Post by Jingle »

In post 16, Jingle wrote:Factions in order of likeliness to win, IMO

Survivor
Bomber (Assuming good play :P)
Mafia
Town
Underdogs
MafSK
SK
In post 4691, Cerberus v666 wrote:Yeah, again, slightly scumsided game overall I think.
By design, even. :P

Town didn't have a 50% chance at winning this, ever, because there were 4 nontown factions. Numbers wise, I'd probably go with 40/35/20/5 for the 4 main wincons. Survivor was around 70% from my POV, and Bomber was ~60% if they were around to pull the trigger. The quick days hurt both town and Bomber a lot though.
Amzela wrote:
In post 4684, DrewVa wrote:
In post 4675, Cerberus v666 wrote:(Does anyone else wondering how DrewVa managed to conclude that I,a fter admitting that I played terribly this game, am the one who can't self-reflect in this conversation? Or willing to bring up the (again, completely accurate) things I've questioned them on which they've deflected by attacking me? FL? Can you ask them these things please? Or anybody I guess?)
Give it up already. You ain’t winning this. Just hold on to your remaining self-respect. What is still left of it.

You know why I did what I did, because I’ve already fucking explained so clearly that a dead horse would have gotten it by now.
You know, I am more than willing to take the blame for the bad game, if you two would stop fighting.

Wait, but also, are games not normally this fast? And @Nancy, were we supposed to talk more?

Also yay time to enter a newbie game... or never play again because lack of time and consistency.
I wouldn't go with never play again FWIW. Newbies are fun because you never know the kind of people you're going to get to play with. I would definitely suggest playing in smaller queues if you're a little crunched for time. Otherwise, playing as a hydra is a good way to keep yourself grounded and your head in the game if you can find someone (Like maybe Cerb? :P) who you can work well with.

Definitely reasonable to play a few Minis/micros before tackling a large again though. I mostly avoid larges myself because they can definitely eat up your free time.
This is a Parachute.
DrewVa
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4714 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:42 pm

Post by DrewVa »

In post 4707, Amzela wrote:Hahah 70s sorry. I don’t remember. Just remember a lot of anger.
Yeah there was but I’m really pretty easy going like that. Even the willingness on the part of someone to ultimately do the right thing, scores major points with me and also, I also have my own baggage that affected my reactions and it would be unfair of me, to hold Drixx or anyone, responsible for that.
DrewVa
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4715 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:45 pm

Post by DrewVa »

In post 4709, Varsoon wrote:@Cerb: I'm pretty much the same way. I was even tempted to implement a 'Wisdom-of-the-Mod' rule about not letting players who I know couch games in toxic rhetoric, but I'm going to stand by not having any blacklists on my games.

@Nancy: Please don't judge someone so harshly for providing harshly worded criticism, even if it's not due. I honestly think you should both apologize to each other, to some degree. I think you misplayed LYLO here, too, and if I was town, I'd be really frustrated about it, too, just like I was with Shoshin in the post-game of TAZ mafia; but it's more about being frustrated with a person's play and not voicing it in a way that person is going to appreciate or actually care to grapple with.
No Varsoon, I don’t have any reason to apologize, because I disagree with your analysis. I already explained my case. It hurts that you don’t see it, though. :/
DrewVa
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4716 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:50 pm

Post by DrewVa »

In post 4715, DrewVa wrote:
In post 4709, Varsoon wrote:@Cerb: I'm pretty much the same way. I was even tempted to implement a 'Wisdom-of-the-Mod' rule about not letting players who I know couch games in toxic rhetoric, but I'm going to stand by not having any blacklists on my games.

No Varsoon, I don’t have any reason to apologize, because I disagree with your analysis. I already explained my case. It hurts that you don’t see it, though. :/

This is not a matter of pride but integrity. I am the first person to admit when I’m wrong about anything and hold out an olive branch/apologise but if I apologize when I’m
not
wrong, then it makes all my genuine heart-felt apologies worthless. That’s way, you always know I’m sincere and not bsing you.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4717 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:56 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Sorry if I'm beating a dead horse here but...

@Nancy.
Just ignore Cerb. Seems like he always plays poorly and then rags on others. As if admitting that he played poorly gives him a right to fuss at others. Maybe he should put more effort into his own play?

That said, its a game and ppl make the wrong call. I didn't read enough to understand what happened but you should have taken the time to ISO both of them and maybe have some dialogue with the two of them.

I still love you though and my feelings are more important than Cerbs :lol:

In mafia, there's always going to be an element of luck. FL
DID
play well and he's come a long ass way since I first started playing with him. I'm kind of the opinion that town always wins mafia games and scum only win mafia games b/c town played poorly. Anytime that anyone does anything remotely impressive they get nommed for a scummy.
shrugz
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
DrewVa
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4718 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:00 pm

Post by DrewVa »

In post 4716, DrewVa wrote:
In post 4715, DrewVa wrote:

This is not a matter of pride but integrity. I am the first person to admit when I’m wrong about anything and hold out an olive branch/apologise but if I apologize when I’m
not
wrong, then it makes all my genuine heart-felt apologies worthless. That’s way, you always know I’m sincere and not bsing you.
I obviously don’t take issue with his analysis of my play, though I vehemently disagree with it. He crossed the line and he knows it and that is what he owes me an apology for - nothing else.

I understand his frustration but that doesn’t give him or anyone the right to browbeat and disrespect me that way and I shouldn’t have to apologize for being the recipient of that. I played the best I could best on my analysis of the situation at the time. I’m obviously unhappy that my best efforts ultimately failed but that in no way makes me a bad player and the only thing I need to feel bad about, was - well nothing actually but if I ever let FL fool me again, then I absolutely will take all of the lumps rightly coming to me.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4719 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:02 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

@Nero - you successfully affected me TWICE with your bus driver. You changed one of Alonzo’s results that I got that if I mentioned would have got me killed, haha
profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4720 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:03 pm

Post by profii »

In post 4704, Flavor Leaf wrote:All good on the PT’s. Read em all.

But yeah, I act scummy as scum on purpose. Why would I act townie as scum? That’s scummy.

Also, what scum votes first in LYLO like that? That’s effectively the point of me voting first.
when you scum / SK claimed I guess i said you're probably town

when you said dont shoot me or youll die - i knew you were scum. As town, even as PR you invite the NK, you dont shoe it off.

then you didnt protect me later on :'(
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4721 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:03 pm

Post by RCEnigma »

/In
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4722 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:05 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

oh.

I was actually scum reading FL eod 1. Of course, I didn't get a chance to say so and then I sent A50 a pm to try to guess the scum team but I had included Thor and DGB b/c I had read some stuff in the dead thread and I felt like him and Jingle had hinted they were scum. So there's no evidence to support my claim so feel free to believe/not believe.

Only scum that fooled me was Gamma and Chick and I guess kinda Wisdom. Like Wisdom was an early scum read but I kinda dropped that.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #4723 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:06 pm

Post by Cerberus v666 »

IMO, everyone has a right to note the mistakes that everyone made, including themselves; without that open discussion about gameplay post game everyone would improve at a much reduced pace.

I am shit at mafia though, 100%.
GTK a me, currently live, this may be your only chance!
viewtopic.php?f=61&t=78521&p=10688009#p10688009
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #4724 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:08 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 4590, Toogeloo wrote:I take full responsibility for Town's loss. Sorry guys.
LOL. What? I would have nominated you for a scummy for your play in both games if you had lived longer.

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”