Scumleague FF 2018 (First Game 9/6)

For completed/abandoned Mish Mash Games.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #600 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:07 am

Post by PokerFace »

My loss to you was only loss where I started the wrong players. My other losses, I didn't really have a chance either because my opponents team went nuts or my team had an off weak. I have won my work league and other leagues in past, but this is best team I have had in our leagues so I'm rather pleased. Figured it would be good to welcome T-bone to the bracket where we don't play week 16 or 17
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:00 pm

Post by PJ. »

Hey guess what? I also started the wrong players. If we both "started the right players" I beat you by 20. You lose because you deserve to lose, bro.
Sometimes a sandwich is just a sandwich.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2018 2:05 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Then I don't feel like I made a mistake, so i feel better
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:42 am

Post by T-Bone »

In post 595, PokerFace wrote:
T-Bone wrote:1 point and I would have had a bye instead of this disaster...
1 more win like the one i should have got over Panzer, and I would have too. You could have also started Henry, to avoid joining me in my bracket. Here we will have a Browns fan playing a Ravens fan. While in real nfl the Browns vs Ravens play in week 17, and there may be some major playoff implications should Pitt keep losing

(I still think those in Consolation Bracket for 7-10 should have had their first round last week and second round this week. So they would not play week 16 or 17. As things stand, T-bone and I won't play week 16, but everyone else will. That doesn't make a lot of sense.)
There was no way I'd have started Henry when he was averaging 3 points a game, while White and Saquon were averaging double digits. And the Jags still managed to give up some of the fewest fantasy points to RBs despite sucking.
My Top 40 Alt Songs of the Year!

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:43 am

Post by Nero Cain »

Congratulations to Bro for making it into the L3 finals. I think that regardless of whether he beats me or not he's guaranteed a spot in L1. I'd like to thank Snakes and Auto? for playing and all our dupers for playing in two leagues.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:44 am

Post by Rhinox »

gg PEG. Your team was very beatable this week and I'm a little salty I intended to start Damien Williams over Gus Edwards but forgot to check before the Thursday game. Would have given me 7.90 more points and I lost by 6.34 :(

more upset Barkley ghosted me when I thought we had such a strong relationship the past few months </3
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:39 pm

Post by PJ. »

I'd like to thank all the scrubs in league 2 for letting me get promoted
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:18 am

Post by mith »

In post 604, Nero Cain wrote:Congratulations to Bro for making it into the L3 finals. I think that regardless of whether he beats me or not he's guaranteed a spot in L1. I'd like to thank Snakes and Auto? for playing and all our dupers for playing in two leagues.
L3 doesn't promote directly to L1 this year (because of the dupes and overall reduced player count). I posted the promotion/relegation order earlier in the thread.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:22 am

Post by PokerFace »

Panzerjager wrote:I'd like to thank all the scrubs in league 2 for letting me get promoted
You should really be thanking mith/yahoo for your schedule there. Playing in less games than Sharron gives you weakest schedule overall now

You should also thank Mith's son for your draft position...
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:22 am

Post by D3f3nd3r »

Nah if it wasn’t for Luke he would be undefeated, of course
“The assumption of good faith is dead”

(profile pic by datisi)
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:00 pm

Post by PJ. »

Yes, thanks for my draft position where I traded or dropped all but 2 players of my draft.

Yes, thank yahoo for giving me the perfectly crafted schedule of dudes who can't pick the right players than cried about it.

Especially thank the guy who got Todd Gurley and was too dumb to scrap together more than 4 wins.
Last edited by PJ. on Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:02 pm

Post by PJ. »

Yes, thanks for my draft position where I traded or dropped all but 2 players of my draft.

Yes, thank yahoo for giving me the perfectly crafted schedule of dudes who can't pick the right players than cried about it.

Especially thank the guy who got Todd Gurley and was too dumb to scrap together more than 4 wins.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Sat Dec 22, 2018 12:30 am

Post by PokerFace »

How different would you say it is to draft 7th vs drafting 8th in a 10 man league?

I drafted 7th while you drafted 8th. I had highest regular season point total and EPE. Only 6 of my 15 remaining roster were not guys I drafted. Less than 1/2. I'm pleased with the team I picked

How different would you say it is to draft 8th vs drafting 9th in a 10 man league?

KMD drafted 9th while you drafted 8th. KMD has second highest point total and second best EPE. I don't think draft position is really something you should be angry at.

How would you rank all draft positions in a 10 man league?
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:50 am

Post by PJ. »

And we were separated by 15 points over the course of 13 games because you couldn't capitalize on your advantage. Even if I had defenders schedule, I still would of made playoffs, and he failed to despite having Gurley and the bears. Goon city.

7 vs 8 is pretty huge cause it separated who got a top tier running back and who did not.

I also made a mistake that I shouldn't of, cause I wasnt doing it in mocks, but I went odb over Hopkins like a goof. Luckily I got value out of hilton/Mixon as well as trading julio.

KMD got hosed in the draft too, but he, like me, basically got his whole team on waivers/trades. He got hopkins, he got lucky on mahomes(even though he wasted a slot on watson (early too). Draft order is huge, but luckily for me, kmd, and dominator, the rest of you didn't do anything in waivers. Also on kmd being ahead of me, he's up there cause I'm a fucking idiot. I was ahead in waivers and took Sutton over Cooper. But it happens. Sometimes i a play bad. But the difference is most of you are goons that didn't stop anyone from picking up waivers.

6 running backs and the goon who always picks brown, so I'd say 1-6 are the best, in w/e order (just had pray you didn't get bell) then 7 (cause you probably got lucky and got a runner) then 8, 9 , 10 are all comparable. I think I like 10 more than 8. 8-9 similarly bad, and we both had to rebuild our entire team basically.
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:20 am

Post by D3f3nd3r »

You would have gone 6-7 if you had my schedule, which would only have gotten you into the playoffs with the sixth seed because you owned the tiebreaker over Wraith by about 25 points. Not a single team in the league would have had a winning record playing my schedule.
“The assumption of good faith is dead”

(profile pic by datisi)
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:26 am

Post by PJ. »

Did i say I would of had a winning record? I would of had two more wins than you. The guy who has todd gurley.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:54 am

Post by PokerFace »

Given my team, I didn't need to get 1/2 many players as you. So my waiver position and how I could have made pickups to effect yours, isn't something I think applies. Having a good rb round 1 doesn't mean you don't need to worry about your other players. You picked before me in 1/2 the rounds, so I am kinda missing some of your argument.

Only mistakes I feel I made were getting rid of cooper and cook. Gruden is kinda an unpredictable guy. What he has done to the raiders is bad. Mack and Cooper are better off.

The 6 person playoff we had was a bit excessive. Six out of 10 shouldn't make playoffs. The odds of a team with a loosing record making the playoffs should be lower than it was. I think I'd rather have no divisions with 10 teams. Only if we go back to 12 players, should we have divisions.

Regardless of player amount in our league, I still think a playoff like what I described here: viewtopic.php?p=10608405#p10608405 is a great idea to use in the future even if it would shorten the regular season to 13 weeks. We had 13 weeks this season, I think that's fine
Last edited by PokerFace on Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:00 am

Post by PJ. »

6 is way to many in a playoff. Also, you finished in 5th, so I'm sure you made some mistakes.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Sat Dec 22, 2018 2:21 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Cooper and cook on my roster instead of kmd's wins me round 1 of playoff. Would have also got me another win to get better seeding, so yay I think that's it. I am rather happy with how things went regardless.

The player that got Bell made the playoffs and draft picks 6-10 made the playoffs in our league. KMD picked 9th and got Kareem hunt round 1. You had a shot at the same player since you picked 8th round 1. I'd count Hunt as a top RB even with how his season ended. Melvin Gordon was also still on the board since he got picked 11th so there's another top rb that was still available, so your point earlier about not having a shot at a top rb is further mute.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:33 pm

Post by PJ. »

Both were uncertain to be that good. And hunt is going to end up not a top 10 back.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:57 pm

Post by BROseidon »

MGIII going as late as he did this year was dumb in general tho
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:55 pm

Post by PJ. »

League 1: the true hero has returned.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Mon Dec 24, 2018 12:43 am

Post by BROseidon »

Who is that he's hot.

In other news remember when y'all shat on my L3 draft? Good times :D

(It was actually not a great draft, though)
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #623 (ISO) » Mon Dec 24, 2018 2:06 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Congrats Panzer. Great season.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #624 (ISO) » Mon Dec 24, 2018 2:19 am

Post by PokerFace »

Hunt was the rb yard leader in 2017 so I figured he would be good this year. He was top 10 before his mistake got him out of the league

Was a good season. GG all

Return to “Sens-O-Tape Archive”