Marathon Weekend Open Setup Group

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
BNL
BNL
Micro Madness
BNL
Micro Madness
Micro Madness

Post Post #8 (isolation #0) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:27 pm

Post by BNL »

/in
GTKAS - BNL

Busy, on indefinite V/LA. May return April 2020
BNL
BNL
Micro Madness
BNL
Micro Madness
Micro Madness

Post Post #159 (isolation #1) » Wed May 08, 2019 7:55 pm

Post by BNL »

I’d be interested in trying out some micros I made:

Predict the kill:
In post 0, BNL wrote:2 Mafia Goons
7 Vanilla Townies

Lynching and killing are compulsive.

Every Night, each townie may guess the night kill, and may not guess themselves. Town gets 1 point for every correct guess. Furthermore, the Mafia may give the town 1 point every Night.

The number of points earned every Night is announced at the start of the next Day. Town wins by lynching both Mafia or by earning a total of 7 points. Mafia immediately win at 50%.

Unsure of the balance, 7 points may be a bit too much, but a mass claim lets town get information every Day.
Poison Bomb:
I thought of a variation to Marked for Death:

2 Mafia Poisoners
7 Vanilla Townies

The Mafia have spent years working on a poison, which causes their target to die one day after ocnsumption. But these years in the lab have made them more vulnerable to the poison itself...

Every Night and pregame, the Mafia may poison someone. Poisoned players die at the end of the next Night phase, and are not informed they are poisoned. However, if a poisoned townie dies through physical means (i.e. lynch, not poison), a poisonous gas would be released that would kill all the Mafia (but not the townies).

The Mafia not only have fix their kill in advance, but make sure that their victim doesn’t die beforehand. This can be a problem if the Mafia fail to read the townie’s stances or if the townies change their reads. I have seen a few games where the Mafia fail to kill a player some Night, and town almost lynch that player the next Day.

If town are confident, they can also try to lynch the poisoned player for the win, but it’s probably a bad idea to do so because it doesn’t help town in their pirmary wincon if they’re wrong.

Another variation can also be played with one less VT and removing the pregame poison, as in Marked for Death.

Would this be fun to play? I feel like it’s awkward that town want to lynch either the scummy players or their towniest player.
GTKAS - BNL

BNL
BNL
Micro Madness
BNL
Micro Madness
Micro Madness

Post Post #182 (isolation #2) » Thu May 23, 2019 4:58 pm

Post by BNL »

Before I forget, I want to run this game. It's suited for a marathon game.
In post 0, callforjudgement wrote:
Starvation Island
  • 5 town, 2 scum; no power roles
  • Each player starts with 15 food (adjustable to "adjust the deadline"). There's no normal voting; the food mechanic replaces the voting mechanic.
  • Players can give their food away to other players at will (i.e. spending 1 food to give 1 food to another player). This action is public.
  • Players can spend 1 food to take 1 food away from another player. This action is also public.
  • Nightless; every 24 hours, each player simultaneously loses 1 food.
  • Players with 0 food left are eliminated and can no longer participate in the game (as usual, they still win with their faction).
  • Town win if all scum are dead, and at least 2 townies are still alive.
  • Scum win if town are reduced to one living player, or if nothing can prevent this.

There are some similarities to Angel Nightless here (in particular, there's an obvious HURT: /HEAL: tag usage), but the setup seems notably different in nature as it's mostly about saving people, rather than about throwing them out. (The "hurt" action is there as a safety valve against trolling scum; I suspect that most of the time, it would be a bad idea to use it. Both "hurt" and "heal" leave the town/scum balance of food the same if used correctly, and shift it by 2 if used on the wrong alignment, though, so they may turn out to be equally viable.)

The "two townies must live" rule seems to be necessary to avoid breaking strategies (such as choosing the most obvious townie and forcing everyone to pile up their food onto that player). That's a bit of a pain, as it makes the (otherwise very simple) setup a bit harder to explain, but I guess we'll have to live with it.

Can anyone see a breaking strategy here and/or does anyone think this is unbalanced? If not, I'm considering running it.
GTKAS - BNL

BNL
BNL
Micro Madness
BNL
Micro Madness
Micro Madness

Post Post #185 (isolation #3) » Thu May 23, 2019 9:56 pm

Post by BNL »

In post 184, callforjudgement wrote:
In post 182, BNL wrote:Before I forget, I want to run this game. It's suited for a marathon game.
I recommend you change the "24 hours" to something a bit lower! Apart from that, it should work, although it'll likely be a lot of effort for the mod.
Of course! I'm thinking of 20 food and 1 food per minute.
GTKAS - BNL

BNL
BNL
Micro Madness
BNL
Micro Madness
Micro Madness

Post Post #186 (isolation #4) » Thu May 23, 2019 9:58 pm

Post by BNL »

Oh, and for modding purposes, it's probably easier to use "You need X food to be alive X minutes into the game" rather than "You lose 1 food every minute". Both are equivalent, but the first is a lot easier on the brain.
GTKAS - BNL

BNL
BNL
Micro Madness
BNL
Micro Madness
Micro Madness

Post Post #187 (isolation #5) » Fri May 24, 2019 4:21 am

Post by BNL »

Starvation Island (7p) was run with a town win!

Oh, and DON'T mod this game unless you have a bot.
GTKAS - BNL

BNL
BNL
Micro Madness
BNL
Micro Madness
Micro Madness

Post Post #189 (isolation #6) » Fri May 24, 2019 4:52 am

Post by BNL »

I meant to say don't mod it as a marathon
GTKAS - BNL