Mish Mash Scummies 2018 - Nominations

For completed/abandoned Mish Mash Games.
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind
Pronoun: He/Him/His

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Sat Nov 03, 2018 4:03 pm

Post by Malkon05 »

I would like to throw out a couple ideas for new categories since I feel like, while 4 is good, there are two other types of players/people worth recognizing every year:

Best Moderator/Host

Best Spectator
CaptainMeme
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
Banana Split
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:52 am

Post by CaptainMeme »

I feel like Best Moderator/Host wouldn't work so well because most people don't see what's going on behind the scenes. The mod doing all the posting isn't usually doing all the work.

Best Spec I'd 100% be behind though.
Vijarada
Vijarada
Goon
Vijarada
Goon
Goon

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:54 pm

Post by Vijarada »

nah these are enough categories, given the number of mafia categories and how much bigger mafia games are.
get a warrant
mallowgeno
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:36 pm

Post by mallowgeno »

Nominate Fluminator
for
Smash Mouth
award

He is always a beast in games, both big and small. He has won two LSG games this year and has one of the highest ELO currently.

<3 Flum
xofelf
xofelf
they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash
Pronoun: they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:42 pm

Post by xofelf »

Yeah I'll
Second
that. He's always a really good dude, and really only adds positivity into the things he's involved in.
Xalxe: this is xofelf sometimes we call each other names and other times we share emotions
MattyP: Ur an enigma tho when it comes to circadian rhythm and the traditions we hold dear when it comes to the sun and the moon
Get to reknow a xofelf here
Discord is faster than PMs or sitechat: xofelf#1697
N
N
Jack of All Trades
N
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 6:02 pm

Post by N »

GTKAS

Share And Enjoy
(go stick your head in a pig)
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:36 am

Post by pablito »

Nominate Mish Mash game Big Brother Bots 2.0
by Xalxe.

While this is a reboot of a Blackberry original, Bots games are not easy to run at all. Perusing algorithms and programs for all possible loopholes is not an easy task. Xalxe took on the challenge, but also added his own flair to the game to make it feel like watching real episodes. Well done.

Nominate Mish Mash game Dead Last
by Xalxe.

Great adaptation of a card game. Xalxe kept the game rolling and the cast played to win. Adapting to a forum and thinking about communication rules was important here, and I think Xalxe did that justice.

So on that note:

Nominate Xalxe for Smash Mouth

Xalxe has been a consistent presence in Mish Mash and LSG, but having games finish in General Mish Mash is not an easy feat at all. And Xalxe is bringing it there with 3 completed this year. Furthermore, Xalxe was a pleasure to mod in The Void and every other game I've hosted him in.
Sup, later.
VashtaNeurotic
VashtaNeurotic
He/Him
Bullet Trainer
VashtaNeurotic
He/Him
Bullet Trainer
Bullet Trainer

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:11 pm

Post by VashtaNeurotic »

Nominate Captainmeme for Best New Player

Imo in pretty much every game meme has played in this year he's managed to leave a positive impact and be a fan favorite (or at the very least entertaining for specs to watch), he also did a majority of the work getting Reverse the Curse to run (and anyone who's modded a game knows how rough that can be) and has just been a fun general presence to have in the Mish Mash discord day to day. He definitely deserves a nom.

Also
Third
for Flum for Smash Mouth
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:51 am

Post by xofelf »

Second Meme

He's been a great addition to Large Social games, and I agree with what Vash said.
Xalxe: this is xofelf sometimes we call each other names and other times we share emotions
MattyP: Ur an enigma tho when it comes to circadian rhythm and the traditions we hold dear when it comes to the sun and the moon
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:56 am

Post by xofelf »

Oh, also
second Xalxe
. He's always been a delight, and brings so many games to Mish Mash regularly. And Mish Mash and Large Social Games have always been improved by him being a part of them.
Fluminator
Fluminator
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Fluminator
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:41 am

Post by Fluminator »

Just heard about this. I'm honoured to be mentioned, and that made my day. Thanks Mallow, Xof, and Vash <3. I think the reward should go to someone more active in actually running mish mash games like Mallow or Xalxe because I don't do that, but the nomination itself is enough to make me happy.
In post 4, Aurathebirb wrote:
Nominate
The Genius
for
Best Social Game

Adapting The Genius to a forum setting is a task that seems fairly difficult to do, but the mods of The Genius did a spectacular job of it.

First off I will mention that the mods chose to disable PMs for the game, and instead allowing players to communicate through forums in a way similar to One World. Player could move around every 4-6 hours to a different room, giving them new opportunities to talk to other players. This mechanic probably wasn’t strictly necessary to run a Genius game, but it made the game so much better. It added a new element to the game of having to coordinate movements with other players. It gave a great cast of players new ways to interact and form alliances. And it made the game feel more real, and made the scheming feel more intense. This couldn’t have been an easy thing to keep up and the mods did a fantastic job of it so I give a lot of credit to them for this.

The main matches of the show make up the bulk of the Genius show, so having incredible matches for a game adaption was very important. And I think the mods did equally well here. Some of these were adapted from the show, some from board games, and some were original concepts. The lineup of main matches for this game was pretty impressive though, and the vast majority of the 11 games were executed well. Even though it lasted way too long, I have to give special credit to the game “Prison Break” which was a very interesting and well-designed game that fit in with the Genius concept really well. The duels for the game were also pretty good, and I think a lot of them were better than the duels used on the show.

I’ve played a lot of games on forums over the years, and I think that this was the most impressive one that I’ve played. It was inspirational, memorable, and absolutely fantastic, and for that reason I believe it should be a contender for this award.
2nd

It was a smaller game and there weren't many spectators so I feel like most people aren't aware of just how much effort and time the mods put into this game. It was a very well designed game, and the main matches themselves even often had interesting loopholes built in to abuse like the actual genius. For around 6 months the mods would check every 4 hours to do room switches basically? That's commitment.

Nominate Vash for Best New Player

So humble nominating Meme (Who I agree should be nominated) :P . Vash deserves to be in the running too. He's played a whole assortment of games this year adding a lot to them, and he's usually a huge threat in them. He's someone I can leave this nomination short because I know most people are already aware of why he deserves a nom.
CaptainMeme
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
Banana Split

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:40 am

Post by CaptainMeme »

In post 35, Fluminator wrote:

So humble nominating Meme (Who I agree should be nominated) :P . Vash deserves to be in the running too. He's played a whole assortment of games this year adding a lot to them, and he's usually a huge threat in them. He's someone I can leave this nomination short because I know most people are already aware of why he deserves a nom.
2nd
. He played a fantastic game as Gundham - great both to play with and to watch - and coming within one vote of winning a game in his first year on the site was a huge achievement. Captain Falcon was fantastic also even though that character was the iconic merge boot instead of the iconic second place :D
Vijarada
Vijarada
Goon
Vijarada
Goon
Goon

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:27 pm

Post by Vijarada »

vash also plays a lot of things in general mish mash which is important yo.
get a warrant
mallowgeno
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:32 pm

Post by mallowgeno »

In post 36, CaptainMeme wrote:
In post 35, Fluminator wrote:

2nd
. He played a fantastic game as Gundham - great both to play with and to watch - and coming within one vote of winning a game in his first year on the site was a huge achievement. Captain Falcon was fantastic also even though that character was the iconic merge boot instead of the iconic second place :D
Nth Vash, he's awesome and also participates in a lot of mish mash things.

Return to “Sens-O-Tape Archive”