Hearthstone- Heroes of Warcraft (Enter Your ID!)

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #2008 (isolation #0) » Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:10 am

Post by RadiantCowbells »

Am I the only one who feels like the only way to climb ladder is face hunter?
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #3905 (isolation #1) » Sun Sep 04, 2016 7:54 am

I got stuck at rank 1 and couldn't make legend last season =[
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #3920 (isolation #2) » Tue Sep 13, 2016 1:39 am

Cthun druid is such a good deck for climbing up to like 5.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #3922 (isolation #3) » Tue Sep 13, 2016 5:19 am

How to reach legend rank as rogue, or "Why we should sap that C'thun" coming to theatres near you.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #3939 (isolation #4) » Thu Sep 15, 2016 4:30 am

Face day is coming up.

RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #4029 (isolation #5) » Sat Oct 22, 2016 3:27 pm

I feel like ramp druid has gotten considerably stronger this season with the shift in the meta.
Aggro shaman was sort of a disasater but midrange I do just below 50/50 on, make mincemeat of most control warrior variants, and have heavily positive winrates against other druids, control warrior, and dragon warrior.
The only true disaster matchups are miracle rogue and zoolock.

Climbing was consistent but slow back in August when I last played, whereas now I feel like a lot of the games are just really just decided from the get go and a lot of the losses are like 'how the fuck did that happen' with massive amounts of bullshit required to lose in a ton of matchups.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #4043 (isolation #6) » Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:00 am

LET ME CHANGE YOUR MINDing an Ancient of War is absolute nonsense.

Priest is going to be so stupid soon.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #4060 (isolation #7) » Sun Nov 20, 2016 11:20 pm

I'm fairly certain that the best priest decks in the new meta will use duplicates though given how strong some of their new cards are.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #4062 (isolation #8) » Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:46 am

Had a moment and played some HS and faced 5 midrange shamans in a row and eventually lost to the last one and just fuck it I'm done. No HS till expansion.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #4076 (isolation #9) » Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:19 pm

That's a pretty decent card for aggro tbh.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #4079 (isolation #10) » Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:09 am

In post 4077, Sudo_Nym wrote:1 health dies to Maelstrom Portal, Whirlwind, Revenge, and Ravaging Ghoul even through stealth.
can still take a deck slot in like zoo though.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #4080 (isolation #11) » Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:11 am

I think that some sort of stealth rogue variant might get going and be extremely strong. it all depends on how aggro the meta gets.

hunter is going to be awful to face. kazakus mage/lock will probably be pretty strong and the best archetypes of their class. I think some sort of control priest will pick up that most likely doesn't run kazakus. Dragonfire potion reminds me of lightbomb and the 1 cost reminds me of Shrinkmeister, the two cards that together made Priest the god of GvG control. Druid will either be amazing or nonexistent if a decklist can be made that can get to fatigue with an auctioneer and pump out 4 jade golems a turn. Some sort of midrangey paladin will come out that I think will be pretty good. Jade rogue will suck. Shaman will probably be really strong control wise too, and midrange shaman will still be a massive powerhouse. I think that this expansion may be the death of warrior.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #4082 (isolation #12) » Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:36 pm

Tempo rogue was a thing for a while this season. I wouldn't be surprised if an aggro variant of rogue came out.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #4091 (isolation #13) » Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:32 pm

I'M IN CHARGE NOW ARG;ALRGAH;
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #4106 (isolation #14) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:26 am

I hit rank 5 but now I have literally zero time to play.

I may never hit legend at this rate :(
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #4143 (isolation #15) » Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:56 am

CONCEAL WHY >><
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #4889 (isolation #16) » Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:42 pm

first time legend off of a rank 7 season start, was rank 1 at one point in whispers of the old gods but aside from that i've never been super high rank.

I ended up making mecha'thun druid because it seemed
cool
and was within my dust range thinking it was a low tier / meme deck but it's actually staggeringly good. you have near autowin, like 95% winrates versus a staggering chunk of the meta. odd paladin, secret/spell hunter, zoolock, even lock w/o geist, odd warrior, odd/kingsbane rogue, murloc mage, even/shudderwock shaman, besides zoolock/even lock which sometimes gets out of control the matchup is ridiculously favoured. in terms of bad matchups, priest decks generally average 35% winrate and depend on them getting a bad roll, deathrattle hunter is nasty like 25% winrate, big spell mage and anticombo lock are just concedes. even paladin and deathrattle rogue are 50/50. druids vary from token which is unlosable and big/taunt which is near unwinnable but i did snag a win off of taunt by getting going early and whacking it in the face. thing is with all the decks that classically run geist absolutely gone from the meta from 7-1 it was a very smooth climb, i encountered 1 big spell mage and 0 anticombo locks in ranked. given that the deck has no cards that are dead or even weak (like moonfire) draws versus aggro besides mecha'thun itself (which can still be played since generally you have the survivability in aggressive matchups to have time to play a 10/10) and the ability to snag wins off of bad matchups through playing wannabe token druid and going face, it doesn't even really feel like a combo deck as much as it feels like a taunt heavy removal heavy deck that also has great card draw and happens to automatically win on turn 13. it does take a lot of organization in terms of how you organize your cards so it's not a deck that you can like autopilot and whack peoples faces or play reactively, but it feels like it really rewards good consistent execution as opposed to high rolling into free wins.

it's also definitely the most fun deck that i have ever played with the possible exception MSoG questing miracle rogue, but that deck often felt like draw luck was the most important factor.

decklist is extremely generic, I took the highest winrate deck off of hsreplay to start with and at no point felt like there were any cards worth even considering changing out. i have toyed with dropping the 2 oaken summons and golems for bloodmage thalnos/twig of the world tree/flobbidinous floop/a second starfall, but I don't have the dust to craft both the non-thalnos requisite legendaries so I've stuck with what I have.

Innervate x2
Lesser Jasper Spellstone x2
Naturalize x2
Wild Growth x2
Wrath x2
Ferocious Howl x2
Branching Paths x2
Ironwood Goldem x2
Oaken Summons x2
Swipe x2
Arcane Tyrant x2
Nourish x2
Starfall x1
Spreading Plague x2
Malfurion the Pestilent x2
Mecha'thun x2
Ultimate Infestation x1

turns out I played more than 50 games because i forgot that I played quite a bit like really early november but i'm not sure how much of that is ranked/casual. 101 games
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #4896 (isolation #17) » Sun Dec 23, 2018 5:22 pm

yea

when the druid nerf came out i was rank 650 with a 64% winrate
that dropped to 58% and rank 1500 with a ridiculous 2/11 streak before i stopped playing the class

i'm back up to 400 with paladin

Return to “The Arcade”