Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #925 (ISO) » Mon Dec 24, 2018 9:16 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 905, Edosurist wrote:Meh, let's lynch Gamma.

Other possible scum include Vax and Kokichi.
Town include Nancy Drew, Hebi and Ausuka.
I'm slightly lean-town on Wisdom and Varsoon now.

I don't think the profii kill was from town, but the Cheeky one potentially was. I still doubt it cuz my bet's on multi-ball
How do you figure that? Cheeky was blatant obvtown, Profil wasn’t.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #926 (ISO) » Mon Dec 24, 2018 9:18 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 912, Gamma Emerald wrote:Duplicate roles are rather rare even in larges from my experience
Except in FG games.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #927 (ISO) » Mon Dec 24, 2018 9:22 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 913, Purrcocet wrote:Nancy give me treats or else. Grrr. :3
Spoiler:

Sure thing. :wink:

:lol:

<3
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
TheBrie
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #928 (ISO) » Mon Dec 24, 2018 11:04 am

Post by TheBrie »

I don't think the profii kill was from town, but the Cheeky one potentially was. I still doubt it cuz my bet's on multi-ball.
Lynching Gamma doesn't sound like the worst idea ever. Rest of those reads: similarish to mine. Leaning less scum on Kokichi yet because I really don't know how to read him yet. And a less town on Heib, and even Ausuka. And regarding Nancy, I still need to figure out what's going on with the neighbourhood. Xtoms (I know that's not spelled right) posts are not all consistent with it being a masonry as he and Varsoon claim.

Profii kill was odd because he'd not done much besides vote Varsoon early on. No one really had reason to be afraid of him. And Cheeky? You think town killed Cheeky? Scum killing Cheeky makes sense.

Nollaig shona dhaoibh. Merry Christmas to you all. I probably won't be back for some days, unless I get too bored.
Show
Was once the mistress of contingency plans. Finding all the wrong answers along with the right ones since December 2016.

Jingle when I was SK: Wish TB would have won though, she was obvtown.
Silliest line from my best game: But neither of you seem that smart.
As scum: RC could be scum.
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he

Post Post #929 (ISO) » Mon Dec 24, 2018 12:54 pm

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

pending the meta information but kokichi is one of my strongest town rn
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/It

Post Post #930 (ISO) » Mon Dec 24, 2018 2:29 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 918, Kokichi Oma wrote:
In post 915, sheepsaysmeep wrote:can someone pushing kokichi for meta link me a scumgame that they think matches this one because this is not the first time ive seen this brought up and idk anything about kokichi meta
The people who've actually played with me as scum dont scumread me. So idk who singleton is unless it's an alt.
It’s BulletNLynchproof (part of ThoseInCharge)
<Embrace The Void>

My pronouns are she and it, please respect that. I don't mind the occasional slip.
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #931 (ISO) » Mon Dec 24, 2018 2:43 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 928, TheBrie wrote:

I don't think the profii kill was from town, but the Cheeky one potentially was. I still doubt it cuz my bet's on multi-ball.
Lynching Gamma doesn't sound like the worst idea ever. Rest of those reads: similarish to mine. Leaning less scum on Kokichi yet because I really don't know how to read him yet. And a less town on Heib, and even Ausuka. And regarding Nancy, I still need to figure out what's going on with the neighbourhood. Xtoms (I know that's not spelled right) posts are not all consistent with it being a masonry as he and Varsoon claim.

Profii kill was odd because he'd not done much besides vote Varsoon early on. No one really had reason to be afraid of him. And Cheeky? You think town killed Cheeky? Scum killing Cheeky makes sense.

Nollaig shona dhaoibh. Merry Christmas to you all. I probably won't be back for some days, unless I get too bored.
What are you trying to figure out? I already told you, it’s a neighbourhood, not a masonry.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #932 (ISO) » Mon Dec 24, 2018 2:52 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 931, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 928, TheBrie wrote:

What are you trying to figure out? I already told you, it’s a neighbourhood, not a masonry.
P.edit. I told Edor, I think?
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #933 (ISO) » Mon Dec 24, 2018 5:00 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

Merry Christmas!
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
light_ganski
light_ganski
she/her
Mafia Scum
light_ganski
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #934 (ISO) » Tue Dec 25, 2018 3:41 am

Post by light_ganski »

Still catching up

I dunno The Brie looks more normal the more I go through

Liking sheepsaysmeep
A work in progress

"The philosophers have hitherto only interpreted the world, in various ways; the point, however, is to change it".
light_ganski
light_ganski
she/her
Mafia Scum
light_ganski
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #935 (ISO) » Tue Dec 25, 2018 3:44 am

Post by light_ganski »

vax looks like town!vax from echo bay grits

I'm finding this game annoyingly content-sparse
A work in progress

"The philosophers have hitherto only interpreted the world, in various ways; the point, however, is to change it".
light_ganski
light_ganski
she/her
Mafia Scum
light_ganski
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #936 (ISO) » Tue Dec 25, 2018 3:52 am

Post by light_ganski »

Theta looks awkward (in the sense of standing in the back not knowing what to say)

Having played scum with theta in grits i'm not sure whether to townread this
A work in progress

light_ganski
light_ganski
she/her
Mafia Scum
light_ganski
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #937 (ISO) » Tue Dec 25, 2018 3:52 am

Post by light_ganski »

Probably town tho
A work in progress

light_ganski
light_ganski
she/her
Mafia Scum
light_ganski
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #938 (ISO) » Tue Dec 25, 2018 5:01 am

Post by light_ganski »

deffo towning vax

maybe the potato too
A work in progress

light_ganski
light_ganski
she/her
Mafia Scum
light_ganski
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #939 (ISO) » Tue Dec 25, 2018 5:03 am

Post by light_ganski »

wagononmics confuses the fuck out of me in terms of style
A work in progress

sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #940 (ISO) » Tue Dec 25, 2018 5:21 am

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

i kinda wanna v read light's catchup
light_ganski
light_ganski
she/her
Mafia Scum
light_ganski
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #941 (ISO) » Tue Dec 25, 2018 5:54 am

Post by light_ganski »

why does ausuka always look scummy to me?

yh I was prob wrong about the brie
A work in progress

light_ganski
light_ganski
she/her
Mafia Scum
light_ganski
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #942 (ISO) » Tue Dec 25, 2018 5:58 am

Post by light_ganski »

it may just be because I'm a dumbass but everything in this game feels super shallow
A work in progress

light_ganski
light_ganski
she/her
Mafia Scum
light_ganski
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #943 (ISO) » Tue Dec 25, 2018 6:09 am

Post by light_ganski »

In post 940, sheepsaysmeep wrote:i kinda wanna v read light's catchup
I'm on my third christmas day cocktail so I'll probs be able to do a mostly coherent readslist/ISO analysis of peoples soon

Stay tuned for quality content
A work in progress

light_ganski
light_ganski
she/her
Mafia Scum
light_ganski
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #944 (ISO) » Tue Dec 25, 2018 12:51 pm

Post by light_ganski »

Day one megapost heeeeeeeeere we go!

It was vonflare that claimed death miller (10) not varsoon :facepalm:
> still say policy lynching death millers is good praxis
Cheekyteeky discussing the mod's ethics page 1 (12) when we all know xyzzy has none is... probably irrelevant but I'll note it down anyway.
Varsoon comes in (15)... criticising RVS votes (?!) and claims the neighbourhood. 99.9% confirmed by lack of CCs. this is NAI scum and town have equal motive to out it.
more RVS...

Found TheBrie's 28 odd as I misread it first time round ( :facepalm: ), but without that oddness her first couple posts seem broadly similar to her style in grits (she was town iirc)
32 (GEmerald): I really think that death miller isn't out of character for this mod buuuuut in any case policy lynch is likely the best option.
34 technically true but neighbourhoods far more often than not have at least one scum and lynching strong scumreads in the neighbourhood is good townie praxis.
39 lurkers are bad policy lynches early on
varsoon (49) pings me. "I outed the neighbourhood but we shouldn't use it in scumhunting" comes across as cautious scum outing the neighbourhood for helpful townie cred? profii (57) makes this obvious point.
58 pingy too, everything varsoon says is technically correct if you misconstrue the idea of neighbourhood-membership as mildly indicative of scum when you already have a scumread on someone as "we have to lynch within the neighbourhood".

96 (cheekyteeky) - no, entering with a vote is def NAI, entering in RVS trying to read shit all is slightly scum leaning but imho this is standard for thebrie, and 97-98 looks townie.
121 and 124 are basically my thought process RE varsoon in the first couple pages.
varsoon (128) claims the thing abt lynching independent of the hood's existence - again - and I still disagree with it based on my analysis re post 58 (because you're not trying to scumhunt independently you're trying to direct people away, profii makes this point in 144). 129 is pure AtE but I can see it coming from town or scum.
studying past games with hoods will only get you so far, why not analyse the game you're playing (GEmerald, varsoon, posts 145 through 168)

wagonomics (170, 325, 418) how do you calculate your wagon value scores? (327 is okay but I wanna see the maths)

there's so much fluff in this game I feel like I'm in a wool factory. cheeky and brie are town
225 I'm feeling fine with a miller policy lynch on this
230, 232 (nancy drew) is town ish
wisdoms entire ISO is so low energy I hate it (and also hate 817 lynching fast D1 is objectively bad)
282 is kinda crap too discounting information is always anti-town

vax's entry (292) is in character probs NAI
nancy drew (303) I agree with from the prespective of that being an easy vote for lurking scum to make, good analysis. 304 not so though vax is NAI there.
346 - iirc theta wasn't as indecisive as this D1 when she was my partner in grits so I'm gonna town read this for now, but she could still be scum hedging here so don't discount this.
354, 355 (gemerald, cheeky) is the same reason I don't like wagonomics, in that these wagon value posts are just aggregates of everyone elses votes, and don''t actually contribute to the discussion or push for action.

381 (hebi) - easy wagon comment would feel scummy from anyone else but this is my third or fourth time playing with her and I'm gonna let it slide as NAI for her.
414 has a strong point from ausuka about gemerald but she surely cant be serious on wagonomics.
419 is effectively the debut post of wagonomics info-wise. And it tells us... not much. Still not contributing anything other than value scores it seems anyone could calculate. Could be not_mafia memeing us in which case I'd be quite happy to kill him.
433 (vax) - entirely the opposite of why I was scum reading varsoon there ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
465 (cheeky) - one thing I've seen about newbies, is that newbie town often looks REALLY scummy. More often than newbscum even (when I was new to mafia I was a perfect example of this, I could kinda blend in as scum but as town I was floundering and clueless).
466 (partyboat) echoes my thoughts exactly, but see the above.
467 - I love the character in purely flavour terms, but for the purposes of the actual game I haaaaaaate having to try and get reads from this. Stuff like this is bad townie praxis y'all.
476 nah sheep is weak-ish town at this point varsoon is scummy

PSA, since a couple of people have said this: imho fast early days are shit, early days generate banks of information which can be used to look for associative tells, groups of actors and just trends of posts in general that are super useful after you have a couple flips for sorting the wheat from the scum, whereas quick lynches prevent the collection of information that can be analysed especially when you have low energy posters that would likely be policy lynched.
(ofc intense, detailed early days are more difficult to catch up on for us idiots who forget about the game for a week but thats not the point)

TheBrie (512) makes the point that potato's posts are largely derivative, but again, I firmly believe this is a newbtown trait people like to jump on as scummy, and I'm super suspicious of all the people completely okay with this lynch!
And in 520 sheep echoes my thoughts on varsoon. But I fully dislike the idea that his playstyle is similar to potato's, varsoon is scummy because he backpedalled away from talking about the neighbourhood the moment he thought being in it made him look scummy. And the potato was obvtown. 523 thereby is the definition of a bad take.
hebi's sheep vote (530) is also not good. I think its blatantly obvious how varsoon responded badly.
partyboat - 543 - suggests voting... the obvious wagon and two players who've hardly contributed. Which does not give me happy feelings at all.....
and then nancy (553) buddies him. This actually is interesting and I'm keeping a note of this

The Brie (560) seems actually reluctant to vote for the potato and I'm not sure whether in a "don't blame me when we mislynch" way or a genuine way. Which is a shame as I was building a pretty strong townread on that slot
600 - O B V I O U S N E W B I E T O W N
Since I'm seeing it discussed around here hebi is 95% town
612 and 614 - okay yh the potato is being super anti-town newbie here i'll concede this
650 is baaaaa'd the claim was a newbie claim, for a clearly inexperienced player claiming jailkeep at l-2 with a rapidly building wagon is perfectly fine.
kokichi makes a lot of low info posts
752 & 757 wagonomics needs to go. I'll be sad to see the back of these posts but he doesn't benefit town in any way
778 finally the potato posts reads... aaaaaaand they're not at all out of the mainstream. Not sure I agree yet on an ausuka TR
sheep's list (800) is reasonable bar scum reading hebi
There is not seriously a 4 person masonry. I'd almost believe this as scum team claiming a masonry y'know
and 844 (party boat) just reads
weird
after the masonry claim, in that he's still pretty insistent it's a neighbourhood and acting as if there's the possibility of multiple factions in it.
849 theta's CC seems genuine and I think two jailkeepers isn't unrealistic

Aaaaaaaaaand thats D1 over. The potato was objectively a shit lynch, even after the CC, but based on their posts 46 through 439 (and thats 40 separate posts) I understand the temptation to push the easy lynch, literally all of those posts were fluff, IIOA or questions about general gameplay/wording that could've be answered by a cursory look at the wiki. BUT - this is somewhere I think scum would have been able to push with relatively little fear of backlash and I think it would be pertinent to look at who was really pushing this wagon, or who was sheeping without any real reason to.

Holy shit this post reads like my economics notes
A work in progress

light_ganski
light_ganski
she/her
Mafia Scum
light_ganski
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #945 (ISO) » Tue Dec 25, 2018 12:53 pm

Post by light_ganski »

Idek maybe we should just keep wagonomics around for the fun
A work in progress

xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #946 (ISO) » Tue Dec 25, 2018 2:52 pm

Post by xyzzy »

votecount 2.022 players voting for sheepsaysmeep (Purrcocet, Varsoon)
1 player voting for Varsoon (light_ganski)
1 player voting for Theta Alpine (Gamma Emerald)
1 player voting for Kokichi Oma (singletonking)

16 players not voting (Kokichi Oma, Vaxkiller, Ausuka, hebichan, TheBrie, Party Boat, 0verki11, Theta Alpine, Wisdom, Xtoxm, Edosurist, Jaylow7, vonflare, sheepsaysmeep, Nancy Drew 39, Wagonomics)

with 21 votes, it takes 11 to lynch.

mod notes: to the question asked in : no, you cannot accelerate the game clock.
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #947 (ISO) » Tue Dec 25, 2018 3:04 pm

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

VOTE: varsoon

forgot to do this
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #948 (ISO) » Tue Dec 25, 2018 3:07 pm

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

too lazy to sort people within alignment groups and barely remember anything from this game at this poitn so i might be missing some things but

sheep, light, kokichi, ausuka, brie, nancy drew, theta villagers
wisdom lean villa
overkill?, hebi, lean wolf
varsoon wolf
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #949 (ISO) » Tue Dec 25, 2018 4:20 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 938, light_ganski wrote:deffo towning vax

maybe the potato too
The potato already flipped.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”