mcqueen
Mafia Scum
mcqueen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1850 (ISO) » Mon Dec 24, 2018 5:03 pm

Post by mcqueen »

In post 1304, DrewVa wrote:
In post 1303, Nero Cain wrote:Someone is going to have to explain the Drewva and TLK hate. I asked Elsa earlier but they ignored me.
We’re hated? I thought that was just Alonzo. Can someone tell me, why he’s town here? Like, I understand he has this troll meta but I don’t necessarily see why that should be an excuse to townread him here.
just finished a game with him where he was scum. Doesn’t troll as much and actually “scumhunts”

I know, it’s backwards, but it’s obvious, so I’ll take it
mcqueen
mcqueen
Mafia Scum
mcqueen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1851 (ISO) » Mon Dec 24, 2018 5:09 pm

Post by mcqueen »

In post 1319, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 1292, Xtoxm wrote:I'm going to have to wade in here. If your clear use of vote tags should be disregarded as a joke, at what point do you draw the line between assuming a vote is a joke and a vote is real? The most sensible course of action is to take literal votes at face value, and you told us that you're voting yourself. If you don't want that in the artificial VC, go ahead and change it.
Oh, I don't think he should have assumed it was a joke. I think he should have asked rather than assuming ANYTHING, because it was meant to cause some confusion about whether it was an actual vote or not.
In post 1293, DrewVa wrote:@Something_Smart, who are you voting for, in your ACTUAL confessional?
I would hardly be right to be voting anyone when I haven't expressed any scumreads worthy of the name. I'll vote if and when I see someone who I actually think is substantially more likely scum than town. That doesn't always happen day 1, and it's even less likely to happen in a game like this. For clarity's sake, the answer right now is nobody.

I won't necessarily say when I vote someone, but if I refrain from doing so I will have a reason for not saying it. Probably that reason will be that I think the person would either clam up under pressure and be harder to read or they would get more wild and desperate and burn all their bridges as town.
In post 1296, The Last Knight wrote:I took a template and copied it, to be honest, and your name was right there at the top. I did think about taking your vote off but it also seemed like an obvious enough joke. I figured I could leave it there and change it later if/when you decided to go public. Just a sillier unknown.

I want to address the last sentence specifically though, because I don't think these VC are necessarily confessional votes. But if someone did vote here and was contradicted later, it gives some nice info on D2.
Oh, that's interesting. I thought the intent was to create an accurate picture of where people were voting. I know that's what I said I wanted to see (real votes, not mock votes), and I thought you created this in response to what I said.

You're right that it was always my prerogative to change my vote/alert you that it wasn't accurate. To be honest, I wanted to see if anyone would get the impression that I was ACTUALLY voting myself, and how they'd react to that... but it seems like nobody even mentioned it. I want to keep it on even after we've had this conversation, but at the same time I don't want to foster the idea that these votes are fake or less serious or that it's all right to have a joke vote on this that doesn't correspond to your real vote. So with that in mind:
UNVOTE:
Sorry, but you have no scumreads so far? At all? Have you actually been reading the thread?

As someone said earlier, it’s best to have a vote than not have one due to plurality. Even if it’s weak just say so
mcqueen
mcqueen
Mafia Scum
mcqueen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1852 (ISO) » Mon Dec 24, 2018 5:12 pm

Post by mcqueen »

In post 1327, Elsa Jay wrote:
In post 1312, DrewVa wrote:
In post 1310, Nero Cain wrote:Is Elsa the he here b/c Nancy is a girl, guy.
Yes, Elsa is a he.
My gender is Snow Queen, thank you very much.
Cheeky Dancer wrote:
In post 1102, Elsa Jay wrote:By the way, hypothetically, if I had a gun, who would be opposed if I shot Nero Cain?
I am no longer opposed.

Also, I disagree with outing your role so early. I think it would've been fine if you kept it secret because now scum has that info.

~ P
In one game, I counterclaim a literal Daycop claim for shits and giggles as scum day 1.

In another, I claim Neutral Doctor with the ascetic modifier, later on saying I'm a 1 shot BP day 1. I was a neutral Hider.

In yet another game, I claim day 1 to be a Ninja Lawyer. I was a town ninja lawyer.

Claiming day 1 as any alignment seems to be my specialty.

Who should I shoot then?
Still don’t buy your claim. Sorry, I don’t trust you. 2/3 of those examples you admit to lying
Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion
Pronoun: He or She. Idc.

Post Post #1853 (ISO) » Mon Dec 24, 2018 5:15 pm

Post by Elsa Jay »

Yeah, but the 1 time I told the truth I was town.
mcqueen
mcqueen
Mafia Scum
mcqueen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1854 (ISO) » Mon Dec 24, 2018 5:15 pm

Post by mcqueen »

In post 1336, Cheeky Dancer wrote:@TLK you're in the bay area too? Oh man, small world.

What do you think of ENG , almost chara, dave, or alonzo?
In post 1337, The Last Knight wrote:Let me read through some ISO's and I'll get back to you. I have some inklings about these peeps so far but I want to take a better look.
Is this buddying?
mcqueen
mcqueen
Mafia Scum
mcqueen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1855 (ISO) » Mon Dec 24, 2018 5:16 pm

Post by mcqueen »

In post 1853, Elsa Jay wrote:Yeah, but the 1 time I told the truth I was town.
Ok and I even gave you a town read. Doesn’t mean I buy the vig claim. I think you’re lying
Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion

Post Post #1856 (ISO) » Mon Dec 24, 2018 5:17 pm

Post by Elsa Jay »

So you think I'm flat out lying instead of me mentioning earlier I'm hinting something.
mcqueen
mcqueen
Mafia Scum
mcqueen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1857 (ISO) » Mon Dec 24, 2018 5:17 pm

Post by mcqueen »

In post 1349, Elsa Jay wrote:
In post 1348, Almost Chara wrote:why even play mafia at all? it's more fun to just vote randomly and then see who plurality decides to lynch.
~Chara
Exactly. I think we only need 1 more person to end the day and McQueen went afk.
Not like I’d vote to end it anyway
mcqueen
mcqueen
Mafia Scum
mcqueen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1858 (ISO) » Mon Dec 24, 2018 5:18 pm

Post by mcqueen »

In post 1856, Elsa Jay wrote:So you think I'm flat out lying instead of me mentioning earlier I'm hinting something.
Point this out to me?
Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion

Post Post #1859 (ISO) » Mon Dec 24, 2018 5:19 pm

Post by Elsa Jay »

In post 1823, Elsa Jay wrote:For all you know I'm just informed of a particular type of vigilante and am trying to give them ample space to shoot someone and letting them know I know they exist.
I made a GTKAS. Go shitpost in it if you want. It's very lonely.

"Even when I leave mafia and play an entirely different game I can't escape you you menace." - North/Wenya
mcqueen
mcqueen
Mafia Scum
mcqueen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1860 (ISO) » Mon Dec 24, 2018 5:21 pm

Post by mcqueen »

In post 1363, Emperors New Groove wrote:Alonzo vote is still a good vote.
Although I’m not fond of the trolling either, this is a bad vote
mcqueen
mcqueen
Mafia Scum
mcqueen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1861 (ISO) » Mon Dec 24, 2018 5:22 pm

Post by mcqueen »

In post 1859, Elsa Jay wrote:
In post 1823, Elsa Jay wrote:For all you know I'm just informed of a particular type of vigilante and am trying to give them ample space to shoot someone and letting them know I know they exist.
Oh yeah, cool. So you ask who to shoot on someone else’s behalf and expect me to find that town. Ok
Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion

Post Post #1862 (ISO) » Mon Dec 24, 2018 5:23 pm

Post by Elsa Jay »

What's anti-town to let the town know they have influence during the night so someone suspicous can die that they vote for?
mcqueen
mcqueen
Mafia Scum
mcqueen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1863 (ISO) » Mon Dec 24, 2018 5:26 pm

Post by mcqueen »

In post 1379, Elsa Jay wrote:Yeah, I may or may not have changed my vote with the recent information. But hey, since I'm about to go to sleep...

The person with the most votes after the person lynched is the one who gets shot. Is that a decent deal?
K. We’ll see.
mcqueen
mcqueen
Mafia Scum
mcqueen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1864 (ISO) » Mon Dec 24, 2018 5:28 pm

Post by mcqueen »

In post 1862, Elsa Jay wrote:What's anti-town to let the town know they have influence during the night so someone suspicous can die that they vote for?
You asked who to shoot, then claim that the person with the 2nd most votes gets shot, then say you’re not even the vig.

None of that is consistent?? And you want me to believe that’s town??
mcqueen
mcqueen
Mafia Scum
mcqueen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1865 (ISO) » Mon Dec 24, 2018 5:30 pm

Post by mcqueen »

In post 1390, RCEnigma wrote:Townreads are BEF, drewva, Elsa, Nero, nev, Alonzo, McQueen, almost Chara lightly. Fine shooting anyone else. Who all are currently townreading Profii?
Hopefully no one
Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion

Post Post #1866 (ISO) » Mon Dec 24, 2018 5:34 pm

Post by Elsa Jay »

In post 1864, mcqueen wrote:
In post 1862, Elsa Jay wrote:What's anti-town to let the town know they have influence during the night so someone suspicous can die that they vote for?
You asked who to shoot, then claim that the person with the 2nd most votes gets shot, then say you’re not even the vig.

I'm hypothetically saying I'm either a vigilante or am informed of a vigilante as a form to see what'll happen tonight. You know the term "Wine In Front Of Me"?

This is my version. It's "Elsa's Loco Suspicious Actions". ELSA for short.
I made a GTKAS. Go shitpost in it if you want. It's very lonely.

"Even when I leave mafia and play an entirely different game I can't escape you you menace." - North/Wenya
mcqueen
mcqueen
Mafia Scum
mcqueen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1867 (ISO) » Mon Dec 24, 2018 5:38 pm

Post by mcqueen »

In post 1866, Elsa Jay wrote:
In post 1864, mcqueen wrote:

I'm hypothetically saying I'm either a vigilante or am informed of a vigilante as a form to see what'll happen tonight. You know the term "Wine In Front Of Me"?

This is my version. It's "Elsa's Loco Suspicious Actions". ELSA for short.
No, I don’t know it

My vote is still on you btw. And for now that’s where it’s staying
Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion

Post Post #1868 (ISO) » Mon Dec 24, 2018 5:40 pm

Post by Elsa Jay »

Then ELSA is in effect already.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/It

Post Post #1869 (ISO) » Mon Dec 24, 2018 7:34 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1749, Karmeleon wrote:thanos
No.
<Embrace The Void>

My pronouns are she and it, please respect that. I don't mind the occasional slip.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1870 (ISO) » Mon Dec 24, 2018 7:36 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1751, DrewVa wrote:
In post 1735, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1729, DrewVa wrote:
In post 1721, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1604, Thanos wrote:
In post 1602, DrewVa wrote:Which is exactly what you're doing, Auro. You saw the pocket wasn't working, and then you pushed independently. Tell me how this isn't the bread and butter of your scum play.
Because if I was scum, and pocketing was the strategy, Lamees would listen to me and not post, making the pocket potentially more effective.

You're alleging that I and Lam are playing to different strategies as scum without an agenda where I want to pocket you and she wants to rile you up.

My defense is that I'm more meticulous as scum to not coordinate with my Hydra partner enough to pull off a strategy.

~A
Im inclined to back Thanos here. Hydra dissonance at least of this sense is towny. It’s why I town read Nancy’s hydra early in DND Upick.
Maybe.

Well, then why tf did you roleblock us then? :facepalm:
Math’s tunnel soured the read (mind the early included in my statement)
You obviously aren’t familiar with Math’s meta. Death tunneling on town, is a massive towntell for him.
I am familiar but I don’t meta read him
<Embrace The Void>

My pronouns are she and it, please respect that. I don't mind the occasional slip.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1871 (ISO) » Mon Dec 24, 2018 7:41 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1769, Cheeky Dancer wrote:Drewva you are clearly voting thanos despite saying you're unsure who to vote. You've got to be kidding me. This is according to pg 69 vc from TLK.
Also, I dread winter too. The people who advertise it as one of the or the happiest time of the year, I never believe it .

TLK, I think it's alright if you cant update anymore until 12/28 deadline. Not much happening anyway, unfortunately.

Vote stays on alonzo as his posts keep up with continued nonsense about us. I don't hide as any alignment, and my partner doesn't either afaik.

I'm reading thanos v drewva interaction on pg 66 as TvS, in that order. However, knowing both of them can be very verbose and ultra conniving, I wouldn't rule out SvS. Leaning TvS rn , however.

Feeling like GE & Ramicus are probably town for their posts about drewva and alonzo.

PenguinPower, man....are you town :(

AC, where have you gone?? :(

~ P
Could you untangle what you mean by this?
As for Thanos v DrewVa I’d say it’s TvT but if one of them is mafia I’d lean DrewVa.
And honestly I think we should wrap this up now
<Embrace The Void>

DrewVa
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1872 (ISO) » Mon Dec 24, 2018 7:54 pm

Post by DrewVa »

In post 1846, mcqueen wrote:
In post 1262, BrightEyedFish wrote:First off, I tend to always overestimate town and underestimate scum. So this post will be full of tinfoil and WIFOM stuff but it's where my fish head is at right now

The hidden vote system hurts both town and scum but I think it makes it a little harder for scum in the long term. They can't just sheep somewhere in the middle of a wagon and say "oops" when the lynched player flips town. They has less excuses to use the following day after a mislynch.

So this is the list of people who have made their votes public. It's around 50% or the player list. So going on that sample size, statistically speaking I would suspect at least 50% of scum to have done the same, so I would say in this list there are at least 2-3 scum.

Something_Smart
RCEnigma
Elsa Jay
profii
Karmeleon
Ramcius
Emperors New Groove
DrewVa
Gamma Emerald
The Last Knight
Nero Cain
Nev and Max

I have switched my vote 3-4 times so far this game and all of the people that I have voted are in this list. So that makes me think my reads are going places. If you have ISO's me then you can probably find my top scumreads throughout the game, though some have changed and some are still developing. ANd since I am a proponent of the hidden vote system I do not wish to publicly announce my votes as of now. I wish more people would keep their votes hidden, at least for the remainder of this day so that after the lynch and any NKs we will have a solid VCA to start with come D2. Perhaps once we get into D2 and further it may make more sense to share where we are voting. But for now I will stay silent on that front.
Again, as I said to Elsa; you have every right to keep your vote hidden, but when everyone else is sharing, you’re risking a lot to not do the same.
If Overkill 2, is any indication, I would argue the converse - BEF underestimated town. He faked a guilty on Hebi and never townread us in that game.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1873 (ISO) » Mon Dec 24, 2018 7:56 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1808, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 1722, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1612, Nero Cain wrote:both town and scum lurk bro. I'm not disagreeing with you that town don't not lurk. I just find your whole "don't lynch in the lurkers b/c there could be town!" to be extremely farsighted.
Explain what farsighted means?
When you are farsighted it means you can't see objects close up. I'm saying that if Ram is town his "don'y lynch in the lurkers!" is bad play but he's scum so the chance that there's a lurker or 2 on his team is a strong possibility.
I know the literal definition smh. What are you saying about him with it, that he’s too focused on future problems than current ones?
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1874 (ISO) » Mon Dec 24, 2018 7:58 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1818, Ramcius wrote:Lurker = null without content and associations
semi-active null = null with no content (so bunch of useless posts) and have associations

so why first one is better than second?

If can't think answer, sign for "Vig Nero" petition
Why not lynch Nero lol
<Embrace The Void>

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”