RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1975 (ISO) » Tue Dec 25, 2018 12:32 pm

Post by RCEnigma »

In post 1967, Nero Cain wrote:At first, I was like an SS claim makes no sense in this setup (and thus was a gambit) but then I remembered that Boon said there's be timestamps and that being how hammer is decided makes some sense to me. If we really wanted to use him as a double lynch we can have like the people we want dead to vote TLK and everyone else unvote as so not to prevent a TLK lynch.
Scum just have to unvote if they are on the wagon and get another Lynch instead.

Couple mechanical questions for the situation.

If TLK is the Lynch should the rest of the slots unvote to avoid a plurality Lynch on someone else?

Does that ruin the point of keeping votes hidden since it will be manipulated day 1?

I think that's kind of a short term gain long term loss.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1976 (ISO) » Tue Dec 25, 2018 12:32 pm

Post by RCEnigma »

In post 1967, Nero Cain wrote:At first, I was like an SS claim makes no sense in this setup (and thus was a gambit) but then I remembered that Boon said there's be timestamps and that being how hammer is decided makes some sense to me. If we really wanted to use him as a double lynch we can have like the people we want dead to vote TLK and everyone else unvote as so not to prevent a TLK lynch.
Scum just have to unvote if they are on the wagon and get another Lynch instead.

If TLK is the Lynch should the rest of the slots unvote to avoid a plurality Lynch on someone else?

Does that ruin the point of keeping votes hidden since it will be manipulated day 1?

RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1977 (ISO) » Tue Dec 25, 2018 12:33 pm

Post by RCEnigma »

Sorry about that. Also Ramcius moved up to town.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1978 (ISO) » Tue Dec 25, 2018 12:37 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1976, RCEnigma wrote:Does that ruin the point of keeping votes hidden since it will be manipulated day 1?
y do you care if the hidden votes are not hidden?

like if we are lynching TLK then we just say X, Y, Z votes him and if they aren't we lynch there.

Also, remember that the wagon will be public in the end.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
The Last Knight
The Last Knight
Goon
The Last Knight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1979 (ISO) » Tue Dec 25, 2018 12:53 pm

Post by The Last Knight »

It's a good plan. If the people that we all deem to be suspicious don't bother to vote on my lynch, then they are even more suspicious.

I think Ramcius, DrewVa, and Gamma Emerald should vote to lynch me.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1980 (ISO) » Tue Dec 25, 2018 1:05 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

and Cheeky and UL
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #1981 (ISO) » Tue Dec 25, 2018 1:08 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

In post 1975, RCEnigma wrote:

theres for sure important mechanical strategy discussion to be had about this
but i dont think we need to start it on d1 with 23 players still alive
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1982 (ISO) » Tue Dec 25, 2018 1:13 pm

Post by RCEnigma »

In post 1978, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 1976, RCEnigma wrote:Does that ruin the point of keeping votes hidden since it will be manipulated day 1?
y do you care if the hidden votes are not hidden?

like if we are lynching TLK then we just say X, Y, Z votes him and if they aren't we lynch there.

Also, remember that the wagon will be public in the end.
There's a fair bit that could go wrong with it. Thinking about associations that will be important when town turns on itself which is more likely than not. It's just Information that I think is good for town that we are going to end up nullifying.
Nev and Max
Nev and Max
Goon
Nev and Max
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1983 (ISO) » Tue Dec 25, 2018 1:13 pm

Post by Nev and Max »

In post 1979, The Last Knight wrote:It's a good plan. If the people that we all deem to be suspicious don't bother to vote on my lynch, then they are even more suspicious.

i don't really agree with DrewVa

i'm townreading them so.

~Max
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1984 (ISO) » Tue Dec 25, 2018 1:14 pm

Post by RCEnigma »

In post 1981, Xtoxm wrote:
In post 1975, RCEnigma wrote:

theres for sure important mechanical strategy discussion to be had about this
but i dont think we need to start it on d1 with 23 players still alive
This is about the day 1 Lynch specifically....... But ok?
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #1985 (ISO) » Tue Dec 25, 2018 1:38 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

Day 1 Representatives
These 4 people will be responsible for ending the day phase. They just have to vote to end the day. When 3 of the 4 of them do, the day will end, or whenever the countdown times out. Plurality Lynch Rule applies, meaning whoever has the most votes at the end of the day, will be the lynch. You will vote within your private thread. Good luck, and have fun.

Emperor flippyNips
Alonzo
Mcqueen
Xtoxm

(expired on 2018-12-28 18:00:00)
on
December 28th, 2018.

Mod Notes:
I’m being lenient with prods right now for the holidays. If Night 1 ends in a really busy time, I’ll have a longer night to compensate.
"Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
. That's my main; I just mod on
Boonskiies
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1986 (ISO) » Tue Dec 25, 2018 1:38 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 1900, BrightEyedFish wrote:Who doesn't want their scumreads dead?
Me. I want scum dead, if my reads are bad I'd actually prefer that people ignore them

Incidentally, this is the answer to whoever asked how I can not have any scumreads this far in. The thread has been going at a pace too fast for my present availability, and while I could do lots of reading and force myself to make scumreads, I don't think they'd be better than random, and they'd quite likely be worse.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1987 (ISO) » Tue Dec 25, 2018 1:40 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

Oh yeah and merry Christmas etc etc.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
DrewVa
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1988 (ISO) » Tue Dec 25, 2018 3:37 pm

Post by DrewVa »

In post 1936, Ramcius wrote:
In post 1933, Elsa Jay wrote:I'm actually looking forward to see who's murdered via lynch now.
i hope it's me
You’re not enjoying the game?
DrewVa
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1989 (ISO) » Tue Dec 25, 2018 3:41 pm

Post by DrewVa »

In post 1938, The Last Knight wrote:So I see the wagon on my as only grown larger. I just want to implore you all to stay away from voting me if you're town. Not wise. I'm worried that I'll take you with me. I'm town, y'all. But I'll be a martyr if that's what you want me to be. I'm already the last knight during this Last Night Tomorrow, so it is only fitting that this night be my last.

I want to put out there that my vote in Ram is about as confident as it was when I first voted him, but that doesn't make him my best vote. He's an aggressive player that I had found some inconsistencies with but his trajectory has plateued for me and I think I can chalk him up as a scum lean (at best).

The DrewVa v Thanos read a lot like a svt to me as well and clogged up a lot of my catching up the other day. I have bad vibes about DrewVa because of how personal it got but I also feel that it wouldn't have been so intense if DrewVa were actually scum. I like Thanos even more though so I want to say DrewVa is scum.

Inb4 everyone seeing me as calling DrewVa scum as me counterclaiming, because I've seen a lot of people posting about the two of us being buds. I've barely been present for any of that. If I were scum with DrewVa, I would have told them not to take the back and forth the other day so personally, and told a buddy to relax.

I also want to buy Elsa's vig claim. Seems in line with his attitude. If whoever they've been wanting to shoot gets killed, then we will have some good info on D2.

My actual vote incoming....
Happy Holidays, The Last Woat.
DrewVa
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1990 (ISO) » Tue Dec 25, 2018 3:43 pm

Post by DrewVa »

In post 1943, The Last Knight wrote:Oh, and if you haven't figured it out yet, I'm claiming Super Saint.
That means the hammer gets it. I was SS in RC uPick.
DrewVa
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1991 (ISO) » Tue Dec 25, 2018 3:47 pm

Post by DrewVa »

In post 1959, mcqueen wrote:Man that sucks. I was thinking of moving my vote to TLK. Now I’m scared
In this setup, that’s probably wise. Anyone on that wagon could theoretically be the hammer.
DrewVa
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1992 (ISO) » Tue Dec 25, 2018 3:49 pm

Post by DrewVa »

In post 1960, Ramcius wrote:I blame Boon for this mess, can we lynch him and have Duck to take over?
:lol:

HURT: Boon

HEAL: Ducky
DrewVa
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1993 (ISO) » Tue Dec 25, 2018 3:49 pm

Post by DrewVa »

In post 1961, Elsa Jay wrote:If we lynch Boon, Flavor Leaf takes over. Trust me, he's way shittier.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion
Pronoun: He or She. Idc.

Post Post #1994 (ISO) » Tue Dec 25, 2018 3:55 pm

Post by Elsa Jay »

DrewVa laughs at all my post. Halp. I'm being pocketed. It's stuffy and warm and weird.
DrewVa
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1995 (ISO) » Tue Dec 25, 2018 3:57 pm

Post by DrewVa »

In post 1971, Ramcius wrote:also, i don't mind to take hammer. If i'm right, nothing gonna happen to me, if i'm wrong, then my reads are mess and i'd rather watch game from dead thread - TLK town means Gamma and DrewVa likely to be town too, scum have not much reason to interfere in town v town wagon situation as they did.
The thing is, I’m really suspicious because why does SS ever claim? I was SS and my strategy was to obvtown it enough to get NK’d. It didn’t actually happen but I came close to becoming IC via desperado.

Because it is not only the hammer that can die, it’s also anyone that tries to NK him too. SS hammer doesn’t care about your alignment.

So, I was obviously trying (unsuccessfully) to get scum to kill me, so I never claimed it.
DrewVa
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1996 (ISO) » Tue Dec 25, 2018 3:59 pm

Post by DrewVa »

In post 1979, The Last Knight wrote:It's a good plan. If the people that we all deem to be suspicious don't bother to vote on my lynch, then they are even more suspicious.

I think you should remove your armoured helmet.
DrewVa
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1997 (ISO) » Tue Dec 25, 2018 4:00 pm

Post by DrewVa »

In post 1980, Nero Cain wrote:and Cheeky and UL
Only ones voting him, will be anyone who wants a replace out.
DrewVa
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1998 (ISO) » Tue Dec 25, 2018 4:02 pm

Post by DrewVa »

In post 1994, Elsa Jay wrote:DrewVa laughs at all my post. Halp. I'm being pocketed. It's stuffy and warm and weird.
You want me to diss/ignore your posts, just say the word.
DrewVa
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1999 (ISO) » Tue Dec 25, 2018 4:05 pm

Post by DrewVa »

Spoiler:

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”