If Scummers Ruled the Galaxy... [Stellaris Lets-play]

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2018 3:16 am

Post by wgeurts »

Discovery

2203-06-02

As the research vessel SIS Darwin nears the first stellar body in the Tacborpal system its sensors start to pick up strange readings... structures, almost impossibly natural, litter the surface of the moon Tacborpal IVa. Studying these structures would take a long time, and the oh so appealing Tacborpal II lay within reach. Lead scientist Yihua Meng decided to postpone research into the origin of these structures, and the government decided to withhold any information of them from the general public for the time being. They made their way to Tacborpal II, and the results were startling...

Spoiler: Tacborpal II

Alien life was found on the planet! Biological beings different to our own life yet still remarkably similar littered the surface and the seas, yet the presence of intelligent life lacked. The news of extraterrestrial life however spread like wildfire on Meat World, proving all those wrong that once thought our planet was one of a kind. The evolutionary marvels renewed a long-discarded hope of first contact with intelligent outworlders.
Soon after this monumental discovery the team aboard SIS Darwin came across artefacts of some kind upon the dwarf planet Tacborpal I...

Spoiler: The Irassian Concordat

By now the Scummers were ecstatic. A popular newsnet post reads "Intelligent life taunts with most pointed absence". It is beyond doubt we are not the first to have roamed these stars, a both thrilling but terrifying prospect to people of Meat World. Encouraged by these breakthroughs Cheetory6 funded the creation of two more research ships, each to be sent to neighbouring star systems. A construction ship was also sent to Tacborpal, and within a year the first outpost within another solar system was built.

Spoiler: Tacborpal Outpost

Further funding was also released to study the mysterious structures located by SIS Darwin a year ago. Tacborpal IVa was found to be uninhabitable and uninhabited, yet these structures were carved from a material not native to the moon, evidently placed by some artistically-inclined spacefaring lifeforms, perhaps the Irassians? Translation of murals upon the monoliths charted a timeline so fantastical it must surely be fictional. Surely.

The research vessel SIS Leif Ericson funded by the Scummer Assembly dispatched to Lidor also swiftly made a breakthrough, albeit relatively speaking less exciting. Exotic gasses were found upon a dwarf planet within the system, as well as a planet that too hosted simple biological lifeforms. The gasses were found to be highly volatile, yet also held strong hallucinogenic properties as swiftly discovered by the team in a rather... happy accident. Although we have no utility for these gasses as off now, the existence of materials before unbeknownst to our people is fascinating.
"
i agree we should have a rule against wgeurts
" -
Davsto

"
let's have 2 rules against wgeurts
" -
DeathRowKitty

Annadog40
Annadog40
Owl of the Night Chat
Annadog40
Owl of the Night Chat
Owl of the Night Chat

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2018 3:22 am

Post by Annadog40 »

Good job Cheetory6
This is my life now

Once you have 100 posts, click here to go to the page to join the speakeasy group.
wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2018 3:48 am

Post by wgeurts »

Reminders of Mortality

2206-05-16

As the Scummer researchers continue to explore the unknown they are met with some harsh reminder of the mortality of all things. First a lifepod is found orbiting a gas giant in the Lidor system, then a seemingly abandoned ship is encountered in orbit of another planet within the same system...

Spoiler: All Things Come To Rest

To add to this a fossilized corpse of an enormous spacefaring being is also found frozen within a comet. The researchers aboard SIS Leif Ericson are unsure as to what they must do with the remains.

Spoiler: Silent Shout

What do you suggest?

That's it for now, will continue later at some point possibly. What do you lot think the Scummer Assembly should pursue? Should we try to inhabit one of the newfound habitable worlds? And what about that corpse the size of a double decker bus?
"
" -
Davsto

"
" -
DeathRowKitty

vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2018 4:29 am

Post by vonflare »

This story is very engaging so far, can't wait to see what happens
THIS POST IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT.
Annadog40
Annadog40
Owl of the Night Chat
Annadog40
Owl of the Night Chat
Owl of the Night Chat

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2018 4:43 am

Post by Annadog40 »

Lets go inhabit! Be our own aliens.
This is my life now

Once you have 100 posts, click here to go to the page to join the speakeasy group.
PvtUrist
PvtUrist
Mafia Scum
PvtUrist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2018 4:45 am

Post by PvtUrist »

Keep bus
Randomnamechange
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2018 5:39 am

Post by Randomnamechange »

gonna go indiana jones on the dead creature
vonflare (21:40)
you suck randomidget
McMenno
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
One For Aren't-We-All
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2018 6:18 am

Post by McMenno »

dna sample
mafiascum is on life support
wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2018 6:39 am

Post by wgeurts »

Deep-space Encounter...

2206-07-20

The remains of the gargantuan gastropod were brought onboard the SIS Leif Ericson and shall be returned to Meat World to be placed in a Museum, DNA shall also be harvested and studied. Just under two months later the Leif Ericson has another encounter with spacefaring entities, this time they're not dead however...

Spoiler: Beta Aliens

Although their intentions are unknown the atmosphere on Meat World can be best described as rapturous.
"
" -
Davsto

"
" -
DeathRowKitty

Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2018 8:30 am

Post by Raskolnikov »

I still think Meat World sounds like something you don't want in your browser history

Do we have a choice wrt to these beings? They seem like good upstanding fellows and should be left in peace
deranged and incoherent
?
Annadog40
Annadog40
Owl of the Night Chat
Annadog40
Owl of the Night Chat
Owl of the Night Chat

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:03 am

Post by Annadog40 »

I think we should say hello
This is my life now

wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2018 11:38 am

Post by wgeurts »

Teriyaki
Space Whales

2210-04-04

In post 54, Annadog40 wrote:Lets go inhabit! Be our own aliens.
Cheetory6 called a special meeting of the Assembly, the topic at hand: interstellar colonisation. Tacbarpal II had been heavily studied for a few years now, and the scientific consensus was that the planet was perfectly habitable for Scummers. A second planet... it would allow us to tackle future overpopulation and expand our industries... let's do it.

Spoiler: The Wheels on the Bus go Round and Round...
The arrow points at Meat World by the way.

And thus the first interstellar Scummer colony ship embarked on its voyage, writing history as it went. Meanwhile back on Meat World our scientists had been studying the strange lifeforms seen floating about from planet to planet, after nine months a report was published on the creatures dubbed "Tiyanki Space Whales". They seemed to be harmless, cute almost. Most definitely worth saying "hello" to, and for now: not a target for our as off now unused weaponry. Not to be mistaken with tasty Asian cuisine either, even if whaling is acceptable in that region.

Spoiler: Teriyaki Report

A year passed, and suddenly the sensors of the SIS James Cook research ship were picking up strange readings from the surface of O'elmash IIa. The SIS Leif Ericson also made yet another discovery, stumbling across what seemed to be the remnants of a giant interstellar battle that took place long ago...

Spoiler: More Discoveries

All this time the Scummer colony ship had been making its way to Tacbarpal II, which they swiftly renamed to the much nicer sounding "Zoroaster" (not even lying, the RNG generated this lol). As the giant vessel entered orbit thousands of landing pods were dispatched, bringing with them hundreds of thousands of Scummers. It is a glorious time for the Scummer Assembly, Cheetory6 securing himself a legacy that would go down into the history books for generations to come. The coming few years these colonialists shall start to lay out the foundation for a new society, it shall take some time.

Spoiler: We Are Our Own Aliens

Speaking of Cheetory6; his 10 year term was coming to an end... ah, nevermind, just like in the SUPP he got re-elected without contest.

Spoiler: All Hail Cheetory6!

The alien mural scientists set out to decode was also eventually translated, proving itself to be a trove of information our academics can fawn over for decades to come.

Spoiler: Findings

The Scummers were truly starting to get a foothold in the galaxy, yet they seemed to be alone... for now.

"
" -
Davsto

"
" -
DeathRowKitty

the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2018 11:47 am

Post by the worst »

I love this
who's scum? i haven't read up yet but like, it's me
--
intermittent v/la until late march
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2018 11:55 am

Post by vonflare »

ok this game actually looks amazing
THIS POST IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2018 11:56 am

Post by the worst »

In post 63, vonflare wrote:ok this game actually looks amazing
so much this ^^^^^
--
Annadog40
Annadog40
Owl of the Night Chat
Annadog40
Owl of the Night Chat
Owl of the Night Chat

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2018 12:19 pm

Post by Annadog40 »

Nice
This is my life now

wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2018 12:21 pm

Post by wgeurts »

Social Shifts and Even More Dead Stuff

2211-11-06

Another year went by, and even more discoveries were made by our valiant team of researchers who were now starting to become, quite understandably, depressed. SIS Leif Ericson finalised its studies on the space battle graveyard, fed up of sifting through floating corpses and ancient machinery. SIS James Cook then proceeded to survey a neighbouring star system, finding a tomb world with the remains of an Industrial-era civilisation preserved impressively well. The atmosphere of the planet had been shredded by a solar flare in the past, instantly irradiating all life that may have once roamed the surface. Probes found families slumped over tables, workers scattered across ancient alien machinery, and younglings void of life. It was horrendous, it was truly as if the universe was flicking the finger at the Scummer scientific community, sapient life had oh so obviously existed here, but it was most certainly no more. What does this bode for us some of our researchers began to wonder...

Spoiler: Dead Things

Even more impressive however was the discovery a solar system once inhabited by the elusive Irassian Concordat. A gaia planet, terraformed to support all life optimally, orbited the sun named "Lost Menagerie". This is not all however! For a gas giant was found with a colossal framework of metals ringing it, dead vines hung from the structure into the gas giant. The scientific community believes it to have been a gas giant planetary farm, as mapping the genome revealed that the vines had been manipulated to feed off the gasses and withstand the brutal elements of space. The Scummers can only look and marvel at the ruins of this megastructure, dwarfing any achievement ever reached by one of our own. And to think this was millions of years before we arose.

Spoiler: The Lost Menagerie

Meanwhile back on Meat World, the Assembly was being shaken up by the emergence of two new factions: the Free Thought Council lead by Head of Engineering Militadis Staikopoulos and the Alien Compassion Watch lead by President Cheetory6.

Spoiler: Factions

The former seeks freedom for all within the Scummer Interplanetary Assembly, whilst the latter promotes friendly relations with all alien species as well as boosted efforts to locate sapient life.
Scummer society itself was also evolving, how? That's up to you:

Which Ascension Perk should the SIA adopt?

Spoiler: Ascension Perks

That is all for today, I shall continue later and base the Ascension Perk pick off general consensus here. May the force be with you all :P
"
" -
Davsto

"
" -
DeathRowKitty

Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2018 12:27 pm

Post by Raskolnikov »

Is it bad if I'm secretly hoping the other cool factions designed by us gang up and destroy our mafiascum protagonist?
deranged and incoherent
?
Annadog40
Annadog40
Owl of the Night Chat
Annadog40
Owl of the Night Chat
Owl of the Night Chat

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2018 12:28 pm

Post by Annadog40 »

With all this destruction of the ancient alien races Annadog40, a commoner who is aligned with the Alien compassion watch, decides that the best chances for ours and other species survival is to spread out to far reaching lands, hopeful meeting living aliens that we can form ties with and continue our mutual existences for many years to come. (Interstellar Dominion)
This is my life now

the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2018 12:28 pm

Post by the worst »

Transcendal Learning feels appropriate :>
--
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2018 12:28 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 67, Raskolnikov wrote:Is it bad if I'm secretly hoping the other cool factions designed by us gang up and destroy our mafiascum protagonist?
if it is, I'll save u a seat in mafiascum stellaris hell
--
wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2018 12:31 pm

Post by wgeurts »

In post 70, the worst wrote:
In post 67, Raskolnikov wrote:Is it bad if I'm secretly hoping the other cool factions designed by us gang up and destroy our mafiascum protagonist?
if it is, I'll save u a seat in mafiascum stellaris hell
Not even unrealistic, this game spawns 3-4 factions (I set the amount) as Advanced Empires which start like a century ahead technology and society wise, if they get annoyed at you your choice is: get vassalised or die. If they want vassals that is...
"
" -
Davsto

"
" -
DeathRowKitty

Annadog40
Annadog40
Owl of the Night Chat
Annadog40
Owl of the Night Chat
Owl of the Night Chat

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2018 12:36 pm

Post by Annadog40 »

Why would the U'i team up with any of your pio races?
This is my life now

vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2018 12:51 pm

Post by vonflare »

The Dread takes no prisoners
McMenno
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
One For Aren't-We-All
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2018 1:17 pm

Post by McMenno »

executive vigor