Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1275 (ISO) » Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:38 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1273, OkaPoka wrote:im saying why its anti town not to case
oh, it is. I'm a firm believer in "people play like shit to improve their scum meta"
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Suka
Suka
Goon
Suka
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1276 (ISO) » Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:38 am

Post by Suka »

Cases are a crutch for bad players. I'm not making any unless it's LYLO and necessary to avoid my own mislynch. As a matter of practice, cases lead to mislynches more often than lynches based on organic consensus / collective intelligence.
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1277 (ISO) » Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:40 am

Post by OkaPoka »

DDL AND BEF THIS HAS TO BE SETTING OFF ALARMS TOO RIGHT?
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1278 (ISO) » Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:41 am

Post by Nero Cain »

There are going to be more mislynches b/c there are always going to be more town in a game and most players are bad and scummy anyways.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1279 (ISO) » Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:42 am

Post by OkaPoka »

suka if you dont case and dont vote a real wagon then u might as well be a tree stump
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1280 (ISO) » Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:42 am

Post by OkaPoka »

actually tree stumps can still case

u might as well be a spectator
Suka
Suka
Goon
Suka
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1281 (ISO) » Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:43 am

Post by Suka »

Experience usually teaches bad players to case less.
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1282 (ISO) » Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:43 am

Post by OkaPoka »

why should i trust your experience?
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1283 (ISO) » Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:44 am

Post by Nero Cain »

leave the Vi nooblet alone.

northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1284 (ISO) » Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:48 am

Post by northsidegal »

VC 2.4
i ran out of pictures... :shifty:

votes
[5] Vorkuta
:
DrDolittle , mbaki , Nero Cain , BrightEyedFish , OkaPoka
[1] mbaki
:
Vorkuta
[1] Varsoon
:
Creature
[1] BrightEyedFish
:
Suka
[1] DrDolittle
:
Varsoon
[1] Suka
:
Kmd4390

[1] Not Voting
:
Leodanny

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch

The Day 2 deadline is in
: (expired on 2019-01-04 14:37:59)

Mod Notes
: Hope you're having fun!
Prodding Leodanny.
Last edited by northsidegal on Thu Dec 27, 2018 12:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart
mbaki
mbaki
Mafia Scum
mbaki
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1285 (ISO) » Thu Dec 27, 2018 12:07 pm

Post by mbaki »

In post 1275, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 1273, OkaPoka wrote:im saying why its anti town not to case
oh, it is. I'm a firm believer in "people play like shit to improve their scum meta"
Absolutely is, yep (to both of you).
In post 1271, Nero Cain wrote:I kind of agree with KMD that Vork killing RB is a little funky but not impossible. Like, its totally possible he (or his scumbuddy) forget about that interaction or didn't think that was a traitor interaction.
As I said my friend, a combination of recency bias and the fact rb was pushing Vorkuta would likely be enough. Thinking that was a pr soft over a traitor soft is also a possible factor.
In post 1276, Suka wrote:Cases are a crutch for bad players. I'm not making any unless it's LYLO and necessary to avoid my own mislynch. As a matter of practice, cases lead to mislynches more often than lynches based on organic consensus / collective intelligence.
Cases aren't a crutch, they're a way of convincing people to follow your desired lynch. If you are bad at forming reads, cases are bad. If you have reads more accurate than random, cases are good because it gets your scumreads lynched.

But anyways, on the topic of the game: Suka, nobody is gonna vote with you unless you case it because you're going against the grain. If we get to post game and BEF endgames, you don't get to say you were right because you didn't put any effort into actually getting them lynched. Just a comment.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1286 (ISO) » Thu Dec 27, 2018 12:09 pm

Post by Varsoon »

It ain't Vorkuta either.
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1287 (ISO) » Thu Dec 27, 2018 12:21 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

varsoon would u like to elaborate on ddl
mbaki
mbaki
Mafia Scum
mbaki
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1288 (ISO) » Thu Dec 27, 2018 12:26 pm

Post by mbaki »

In post 1284, northsidegal wrote:[1] mbaki : Vorkuta 1119
[1] Varsoon : Creature 1033
[1] BrightEyedFish : Suka 1168
[1] DrDolittle : Varsoon 1257
[1] Suka : Kmd4390 1260

[1] Not Voting : Leodanny
Lol.
Suka
Suka
Goon
Suka
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1289 (ISO) » Thu Dec 27, 2018 1:19 pm

Post by Suka »

More votes on Bright, please!
Vorkuta
Vorkuta
Jack of All Trades
Vorkuta
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1290 (ISO) » Thu Dec 27, 2018 1:38 pm

Post by Vorkuta »

Cool at L-1 now. Not claiming without an intent to hammer.
Remember who's on my wagon and who's not on my wagon.

DDL and BEF just passively jumped on it because 'meh why not'. Hell- in DDL's case this basically started off as a counter wagon so he'll gladly jump on any life raft offered.
Oka.... gave up on the mbaki lynch attempt.
Mbaki and NC are actively pushing it, and providing (bad) reasons for them.

Like NC goes line by line through my ISO and points out that I'm not doing 100% town things with every single one of my posts. Let me respond to some of them.
In post 1271, Nero Cain wrote:Scum that's trying to talk Creature down from his reads?
In post 445, Nero Cain wrote:Creature's content is ass and you know it
Oh cool thanks for doing the legwork for me there.
In post 1271, Nero Cain wrote:flimsy reason to support the wagon
For what its worth I was in another game with Yyotta (was ongoing at the time) and she flipped scum there with pretty much the same behavior/content/activity. I didn't want to bring it up because 'not discussing ongoing games'. But LYLO liability is a thing.
In post 1271, Nero Cain wrote:not scumhunting
This game has a thousand posts. Want me to comb through every single player's ISO and figure out the total %age of their posts that isn't devoted to scumhunting?
In post 1271, Nero Cain wrote:scum annoyed that town are town reading other town.
Some of you do give out town reads left and right for literally the dumbest reasons imaginable- case in point garbage (no offense creature :P) like this
In post 144, Creature wrote:rb is probtown
DrDolittle
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1291 (ISO) » Thu Dec 27, 2018 1:38 pm

Post by DrDolittle »

should we stall the lynch for as long as possible so that when day 3 rolls around leo and varsoon will be back from vla and forced to participate
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1292 (ISO) » Thu Dec 27, 2018 1:40 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

i guess

zzz

but that means we are going to be prodging until deadline? sounds like how you kill momentum
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1293 (ISO) » Thu Dec 27, 2018 1:42 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

leodanny is going to get replaced probs

maybe new blood will reinvigorate
Vorkuta
Vorkuta
Jack of All Trades
Vorkuta
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1294 (ISO) » Thu Dec 27, 2018 2:19 pm

Post by Vorkuta »

Now's a good time to do my reads probably: I'm torn here.
Is there real scum on my wagon? Or is scum trying to protect me because lynchbait/they expect my lynch to go through and will have perfect scapegoats come D3/D4? Obviously I'd love to completely town read suka and varsoon for defending me, while scum reading NC and mbaki for the BS that they conjure up my way. However that would me the most obvious conclusion and I doubt scum that is obvious: that was my entire reason for clearing suka early on in D-1 in the first place.

Sure browsing mbaki's ISO doesn't exactly reveal him to be the paragon of friendliness. However, he's conveniently USING his horrible personality to deflect all reads and lynch attempts by saying 'well you don't actually SCUM read me, you hate me as a person and thats akin to policy lynching'. This, plus his wagon, screams powerwolfing to me, coupled with the fact that he "gave up because he had no value to town this game" but then magically decided to be able to clearly see rb's crumbs and that life was worth living after all. Its like his scum chat collectively decided- hey mbaki, don't off yourself just yet and he reconsidered.

NC's posts read that of a cynical player that won't have any of this WIFOM attempts and trying to pick agendas with players on this site. He could go either way.

Oka has been
harassed
bullied by mbaki the entire time so there's that- I read a lot of genuine frustration.
I can kind of relate to the player who's sick and confused of the initial RQS/RVS stage tries to do experiment with something new but has been shot down and scum read for.... said reasons. Oka then follows this up with the most active questioning, asking specific players to give reads, and overall trying to solve the game in general. I town read this but feel betrayed at you putting me and DDL at L-1

Suka reads as someone who has successfully avoided a wagon and is now trying to force push a BEF agenda. Obviously in my situation I would love to townread then and assume that they have special insight (PR much?) into BEF's alignment, but this tunelling makes me suspicious. I almost want to see the fallout that Suka will have to go through after a BEF flips (either way). I'm not going to scum read someone who wants to defend me and include me in their town core without better reasons.

Creature has been meta read to hell and back and when he's not lurking he's hyper posting. I'll defer to the rest of you on what his alignment is because the amount of fluff posting and completely unwarranted random 'X is town' or 'X is scum' without any explanation and selective ignoring of certain questions screams scum to me.

Varsoon I town read for the same reason I town read Suka- I don't believe, not for a second, that this lurking, V/LA, and just avoiding interactions is scum!varsoon's play. Sure this gameplay/style is tremendously different from my first game ever with him, but scum!Varsoon would put up much more of an interesting fight than.... this.... what he's doing now
Plus
In post 957, Varsoon wrote:I'm a horribly reactionary player.
I need to improve on this.
I need to be more proactive.
Just sitting around and responding and waiting for something to catch my eye as THIS IS SCUM doesn't cut it in games like this.
is self reflection and I town read this.

BEF has been bullied by mbaki (and a few others :P) as well and is currently trying to interpret rb's crumbs slightly more objectively and without as much cherry picking as mbaki is. Seeing as rb's posts are the only things that we can use to solve the game, I town read this (and have no idea on how to react to Suka's push)
However this strikes me as... interesting
In post 942, BrightEyedFish wrote:I'm vigging you tonight anyways so I don't care what you think.
DDL used a nice AtE early on and ended up as VT. As I said before, I'd like to think scum is classy enough to not stoop down to an AtE, and I think scum optimally claims anything but VT as it provides disruption, an opportunity to get conf!town read, all but guarantees them not to get lynched, and is overall the winning play for scum. His hope of delaying a lynch to not give the V/LA guys a free pass is something I town read.

Leodanny is probably using the newbie card more strongly than I am, but his posts seem to come from newb!town rather than newb!scum (yes, I changed my mind after parking my vote on him for a bit early on in D1). V/LA so....

Now for KMD- most of what he says I almost 90% agree with and I like how he's trying to consider every and all options. However... I get the feeling that there's a bit of LAMIST in his posts plus (again) I'm cynical of statements like this.
In post 223, Kmd4390 wrote:My scum game is just me trying to match my town game.
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1295 (ISO) » Thu Dec 27, 2018 2:39 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

my scumreads are starting to grow on me on a personal level :(
mbaki
mbaki
Mafia Scum
mbaki
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1296 (ISO) » Thu Dec 27, 2018 2:43 pm

Post by mbaki »

Please don't townread that awful post because it has a lot of words.
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1297 (ISO) » Thu Dec 27, 2018 2:45 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

but he analyzed how im feeling perfectly in a nice way and i like that

and he remind me of me kinda with that intro
Vorkuta
Vorkuta
Jack of All Trades
Vorkuta
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1298 (ISO) » Thu Dec 27, 2018 2:48 pm

Post by Vorkuta »

In post 1296, mbaki wrote:Please don't townread that awful post because it has a lot of words.
*sighs* I'll bite.
Please explain why my post awful. Don't think of it as a courtesy to me, but as a service to the OTHER genuine townies out there.
Who knows- you might even make some good points
or dig yourself deeper in a hole
mbaki
mbaki
Mafia Scum
mbaki
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1299 (ISO) » Thu Dec 27, 2018 2:48 pm

Post by mbaki »

I already am typing a reply.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”