Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #2175 (ISO) » Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:57 am

Post by Something_Smart »

I didn't think it would be quite this bad, I think it's faster than some of the other large games I've played at least. Besides I wanted to play anyway because Boon :P

I definitely didn't expect my reads to be this weak this far in, but I really didn't think about how damaging the lack of public votes is. Like I've said, I do think it will be better on future days.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2176 (ISO) » Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:59 am

The other thing is, people have not been posting in a very accessible way. Most people have either been posting one-liners with no explanation at all or engaging in quote pyramids where the quotes are five times longer than the responses, which are a major pain in the ass to read.

I'd love to see some people summarize who they scumread most along with a 2-3 sentence explanation of why, with links to some posts that make them feel that way.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Almost Chara
Almost Chara
Mafia Scum
Almost Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2177 (ISO) » Thu Dec 27, 2018 12:01 pm

Post by Almost Chara »

@The Last Knight:

I'll have you know we have not voted (or even considered voting) you ever during the course of this game. I had you down as my 2nd strongest TR and I've cited post # for it, and Chara agreed with most of my reads (Actually they didn't comment much on my TRs, but we discussed a lynch pool of 7 slots and they came back with 2 TR, 2 SRs & 3 Nulls from those specific 7, so I considered it an agreement we would lynch in 5 of them)

@Nero: I am not going to disclose my reads or our votes. You only get to know who we end up voting by EoD. I'll just tell you that you're not in my bottom 7 (i.e. not at all in our lynch pool).

~A50
[
wiki
] hydra of
Almost50
and
Chara
[
Win:Loss
]
T 2:2
S 1:1
3P 1:0
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2178 (ISO) » Thu Dec 27, 2018 12:03 pm

In post 2177, Almost Chara wrote:I am not going to disclose my reads or our votes. You only get to know who we end up voting by EoD.
Hmm.

Do you have a reason for this beyond typical A50 mystification?
Almost Chara
Almost Chara
Mafia Scum
Almost Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2179 (ISO) » Thu Dec 27, 2018 2:28 pm

Post by Almost Chara »

In post 2178, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 2177, Almost Chara wrote:I am not going to disclose my reads or our votes. You only get to know who we end up voting by EoD.
Hmm.

Do you have a reason for this beyond typical A50 mystification?
Do you have a reason for asking beyond typical S_S being overly silly?

~A50
[
wiki
] hydra of
Almost50
and
Chara
[
Win:Loss
]
T 2:2
S 1:1
3P 1:0
DrewVa
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2180 (ISO) » Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:24 pm

Post by DrewVa »

In post 2147, The Last Knight wrote:I nominate both Almost Chara or Gamma Emerald to hammer me.

I nominate Elsa Jay to nominate someone to vote me.

If either one of these three get 3 or more collaborators, then that should be enough of a concensus, right? Seeing as we are so close to end of day.
AC??? You’ve got to be kidding me. They are one of my top townreads and why are you sr Gamma?
Show
Hydra of DVa and Nancy Drew 39

HAPPY FESTIVUS
DrewVa
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2181 (ISO) » Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:26 pm

Post by DrewVa »

In post 2151, Theta Alpine wrote:so

policy lynch the vengeful/supersaint claim then i guess
unless someone has a better idea
What if it’s true? The way he keeps on pushing this lolhammer thing, makes me think it’s real. I think if he was faking it, he would have backed down by now?
Show

HAPPY FESTIVUS
DrewVa
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2182 (ISO) » Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:30 pm

Post by DrewVa »

In post 2156, Cheeky Dancer wrote:
In post 2132, DrewVa wrote:
In post 2130, Cheeky Dancer wrote:Oh sorry. I skimmed their ISOs and thats how I felt.

Can you explain how you have no real scumreads?

~ C
We do, have you not been following our posts?

You also know that my strength early on is in forming strong townreads, so I find it very interesting you emphasizing that.
I have - your last reads list said you had no strong scum reads. I don't know anything about how you play except you post more than me as either alignment which is demoralising to say the least.
:lol:

I’m “demoralizing” irrespective of alignment? Ouch, I’m wounded. LMFAO
Show

HAPPY FESTIVUS
DrewVa
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2183 (ISO) » Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:31 pm

Post by DrewVa »

In post 2157, Cheeky Dancer wrote:
In post 2133, DrewVa wrote:
In post 2130, Cheeky Dancer wrote:Oh sorry. I skimmed their ISOs and thats how I felt.

~ C
And that is a completely unhelpful answer.
Yeah it was me being a smartass. It's my polite way of saying "no"
You’re doubling down on not explaining your reads, got it. :lol:
Show

HAPPY FESTIVUS
Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion
Pronoun: He or She. Idc.

Post Post #2184 (ISO) » Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:36 pm

Post by Elsa Jay »

In post 2161, Boonskiies wrote:
Day 1 Representatives
These 4 people will be responsible for ending the day phase. They just have to vote to end the day. When 3 of the 4 of them do, the day will end, or whenever the countdown times out. Plurality Lynch Rule applies, meaning whoever has the most votes at the end of the day, will be the lynch. You will vote within your private thread. Good luck, and have fun.

Emperor flippyNips
Alonzo
Mcqueen
Xtoxm

(expired on 2018-12-28 18:00:00)
on
December 28th, 2018.

Mod Notes:
I’m being lenient with prods right now for the holidays. If Night 1 ends in a really busy time, I’ll have a longer night to compensate.
We're down to the wire. Theta disappeared again. Sigh. I just wanted her to be useful.

I will give Theta 2 options. To vote TLK when she gets back as a safety net for everyone elsa here, or get lynched/shot at the discretion of the rest of the town.
I made a GTKAS. Go shitpost in it if you want. It's very lonely.

"Even when I leave mafia and play an entirely different game I can't escape you you menace." - North/Wenya
DrewVa
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2185 (ISO) » Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:37 pm

Post by DrewVa »

In post 2165, Nero Cain wrote:@Alzo
@Drew
@TLK
@Elsa
@Nev and Max
@Gamma
@Xtoxm
@a50

Who are your votes on?
I’m leaning to one of the emperors rn. I’m currently not liking them, CD or Profil.
Show

HAPPY FESTIVUS
DrewVa
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2186 (ISO) » Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:42 pm

Post by DrewVa »

In post 2184, Elsa Jay wrote:
In post 2161, Boonskiies wrote:
Day 1 Representatives
These 4 people will be responsible for ending the day phase. They just have to vote to end the day. When 3 of the 4 of them do, the day will end, or whenever the countdown times out. Plurality Lynch Rule applies, meaning whoever has the most votes at the end of the day, will be the lynch. You will vote within your private thread. Good luck, and have fun.

Emperor flippyNips
Alonzo
Mcqueen
Xtoxm

(expired on 2018-12-28 18:00:00)
on
December 28th, 2018.

Mod Notes:
I’m being lenient with prods right now for the holidays. If Night 1 ends in a really busy time, I’ll have a longer night to compensate.
We're down to the wire. Theta disappeared again. Sigh. I just wanted her to be useful.

I will give Theta 2 options. To vote TLK when she gets back as a safety net for everyone elsa here, or get lynched/shot at the discretion of the rest of the town.
In post 2151, Theta Alpine wrote:so

policy lynch the vengeful/supersaint claim then i guess
unless someone has a better idea
I didn’t like this post, however. In this kind of setup, the odds favour a townie dying over scum. Why would you lynch a hardclaim TPR anyway? If TLK really is a supersaint, then it’s self-resolving anyhow.
Show

HAPPY FESTIVUS
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2187 (ISO) » Thu Dec 27, 2018 6:28 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

b/c we get rid of two sketchy slots. I mean, not that I find TLK scummy but there are/were a
large
# of ppl scumreading him and his role can get rid of another. If I were an SS I'd be more than happy suiciding on someone I scumread and that's what he wants to do so...

Though I kinda don't see us being able to really coordinate this rn.

I'm not seeing the big fuss over ENG. I mean yeah, lurking and being useless are both heads scum game so it's certainly possible but your reaon for scum reading him isn't exactly correct. He's not really tunneling me, He questioned my town read and then when he was challenged he called me townish. So its more of a hedge than a tunnel...not that that makes him that much better. I think if you are deadset on deposing an emperor then EFN is maybe slightly scummier.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2188 (ISO) » Thu Dec 27, 2018 6:42 pm

In post 2179, Almost Chara wrote:Do you have a reason for asking beyond typical S_S being overly silly?

~A50
I mean, it's an interesting strategy. I could think of several potential reasons why you might find it better to be secretive about your vote... but I could also see you doing it just because you feel like it. Hence why I asked.
DrewVa
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2189 (ISO) » Thu Dec 27, 2018 6:55 pm

Post by DrewVa »

In post 2187, Nero Cain wrote:b/c we get rid of two sketchy slots. I mean, not that I find TLK scummy but there are/were a
large
# of ppl scumreading him and his role can get rid of another. If I were an SS I'd be more than happy suiciding on someone I scumread and that's what he wants to do so...

Though I kinda don't see us being able to really coordinate this rn.

I'm not seeing the big fuss over ENG. I mean yeah, lurking and being useless are both heads scum game so it's certainly possible but your reaon for scum reading him isn't exactly correct. He's not really tunneling me, He questioned my town read and then when he was challenged he called me townish. So its more of a hedge than a tunnel...not that that makes him that much better. I think if you are deadset on deposing an emperor then EFN is maybe slightly scummier.
VOTE: Flippynips

DVa already voted in our confessional, so barring any better options. Alonzo has a pretty decent metacase.
Show

HAPPY FESTIVUS
Cheeky Dancer
Cheeky Dancer
Goon
Cheeky Dancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2190 (ISO) » Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:05 pm

Post by Cheeky Dancer »

In post 2182, DrewVa wrote:
In post 2156, Cheeky Dancer wrote:
In post 2132, DrewVa wrote:

~ C
We do, have you not been following our posts?

You also know that my strength early on is in forming strong townreads, so I find it very interesting you emphasizing that.
I have - your last reads list said you had no strong scum reads. I don't know anything about how you play except you post more than me as either alignment which is demoralising to say the least.
:lol:

I’m “demoralizing” irrespective of alignment? Ouch, I’m wounded. LMFAO
What do you mean? I don't get what's funny?
Love Cheeky and Performer xx
mcqueen
mcqueen
Mafia Scum
mcqueen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2191 (ISO) » Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:20 pm

Post by mcqueen »

In post 2063, Cheeky Dancer wrote:
In post 1917, DrewVa wrote:Rn, Performer blatantly mischaracterizing our posts and implying he knows anything at all about how I play as scum, when he has never played with me as scum, is the scummiest thing I’ve read so far, this game.
Dude. I was one of the NRG reviewers for the scum game of yours with xwing. I followed that game closely.

Also, you and mcqueen saying I was buddying or acting weird with TLK, say what?? That was an off topic remark about another FM player in the bay area. Using a remark like that to put suspicion on someone, is actually scummy.

~ P
How tho? I’m not gonna lie I have no proof u were buddying, but the conversation in question felt like you two were gaining rapport with each other hidden behind being excited to both be from the Bay area. Buddying. That’s why i asked
mcqueen
mcqueen
Mafia Scum
mcqueen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2192 (ISO) » Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:27 pm

Post by mcqueen »

In post 2075, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 2042, mcqueen wrote:I agree with this. Your infatuation with lynching lurkers on day 1 is slightly bothersome.
I've yet to even vote for a lurker. (all my votes have been on RCE, Cheeky or Ram. Currently, I'm not voting anyone b/c I thought we were going to do the plan were we use TLK as a double lynch.) I'm just mature enough of a player to know that lurking is a good place for scum to hide out and of our lurkers, several of their scumgames/meta involve being a lurksack. Lurkers suck and I don't like them.
Why do I have to scum read active players?

I think Ram is just scum trying t make me look bad by claiming that I'm exclusively hunting lurkers. I also think that his "don't lynch in the lurkers!" means he has a buddy or two there.
Kinda obvious since Ram is active (and he’s ur scumread), but there’s always scummy active players, especially in a big game like this. Seems pretty weird of u to ask such a question tbh
mcqueen
mcqueen
Mafia Scum
mcqueen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2193 (ISO) » Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:32 pm

Post by mcqueen »

In post 2093, Alonzo wrote:I just want progress the game RN more than anything.

Here's some steamy Fresh my name is emperor flippynips and I lurk hard as scum meta

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=78044
K i saw ppl were voting flippynips a little later, and ive yet to click this link.

But flippynips lurker in Newbie 1901 with us and he was town... We MLed him btw. Keep that in mind pls
mcqueen
mcqueen
Mafia Scum
mcqueen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2194 (ISO) » Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:33 pm

Post by mcqueen »

In post 2095, Alonzo wrote:When it comes to flippynips I just say yes..

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=77801
K lol that answers the above post from me, I’m an idiot
mcqueen
mcqueen
Mafia Scum
mcqueen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2195 (ISO) » Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:34 pm

Post by mcqueen »

In post 2097, Alonzo wrote:VOTE: FLIPPYNIPS

VOTE: END THE DAY
Don’t really understand this vote at all. Bothers me a lot.

Dude lurks no matter what, and u know this and provided links, but u vote him anyway
mcqueen
mcqueen
Mafia Scum
mcqueen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2196 (ISO) » Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:36 pm

Post by mcqueen »

In post 2100, DrewVa wrote:
In post 2093, Alonzo wrote:I just want progress the game RN more than anything.

Here's some steamy Fresh my name is emperor flippynips and I lurk hard as scum meta

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=78044
In post 2095, Alonzo wrote:When it comes to flippynips I just say yes..

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=77801
In post 2097, Alonzo wrote:VOTE: FLIPPYNIPS

VOTE: END THE DAY

Okay, that’s pretty damn convincing.

I’ll sheep you on that.

UNVOTE:

VOTE: Flippynips
And this is even worse... DrewVa what the heck? You think this is good reasoning? I’ve got half a mind to scumread you for this... idc if Alonzo’s a tr of mine doesn’t mean his vote wasn’t stupid or I can’t be wrong.
mcqueen
mcqueen
Mafia Scum
mcqueen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2197 (ISO) » Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:39 pm

Post by mcqueen »

In post 2103, DrewVa wrote:Actually,

UNVOTE:

For now.

I’m not liking ENG’s recent posts.

I’ll wait on it a bit but ENG has altered the order of mine and Nero’s posts, to arrive at a false conclusion. Also, he accuses Nero for being “buthurt”, because he asked why was he scummy, which was hella weird.
Actually ur wrong. Nero mentioned Elsa was butthurt and ENG commented on that. ENG didnt call nero butthurt. I dont know kuch about ur post order and the false conclusion, i havent read pgs 62-82. But the unvote seems weird. Like u make a terrible vote agreeing with Alonzo then back off. Idk man.
mcqueen
mcqueen
Mafia Scum
mcqueen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2198 (ISO) » Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:42 pm

Post by mcqueen »

In post 2114, Cheeky Dancer wrote:Did you slip profii? :lol:
Yeah there are certain posts of his that really set me off. Like the ones around your post here.
mcqueen
mcqueen
Mafia Scum
mcqueen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2199 (ISO) » Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:47 pm

Post by mcqueen »

In post 2135, RCEnigma wrote:
In post 2129, DrewVa wrote:
In post 2123, Cheeky Dancer wrote:Xtoxm can be scum.

~ C
In post 2124, Cheeky Dancer wrote:Profii can live today.

~ C
In post 2125, Cheeky Dancer wrote:EFN looks like a lurker lynch. Didn't see anything AI there.
ENG is town.

~ C
Planning to explain any of these reads?
Loading bullet...

Aiming at cheeky..

Maybe I can hit cheeky and Profii with a two for one.
is this a soft claim or are you messing around

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”