On the reliability of scumreads Day 1

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5 (isolation #0) » Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:53 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

In post 0, Allomancer wrote:The problem with Day 1 is that no one has any information besides the mafia, so it is difficult to scumhunt as effectively. Most of the info actually comes Day 2 when you can compare who was defending and attacking who with the known allegiances of the dead.

One thing I suggest is a sort of "informational N0". Killers can't kill Night 0 so that everyone still plays, but information gatherers such as Cops can gather information so that people have information for Day 1. Has this ever been done before?
People who write off day 1 and don't start playing day 2 tend to be people who often go on to lose games.

I see so many people say there's no info on day 1. I contend they aren't making enough of an effort to look for it. Day 1 is probably your best foundation for pretty much any info you gather for the rest of the game. I'd argue it's the most important day of the game. (When I think back to a lot of critical lynch decisions I've needed to make in many mafia games regardless of when in the game they were... the info to make the right decision often came through information from day 1.)

Return to “Mafia Discussion”