Cassiopeia's Cave - Undertale Edition(Q&A thread) 8/8

For completed/abandoned Mish Mash Games.
JunkoChan
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/her

Cassiopeia's Cave - Undertale Edition(Q&A thread) 8/8

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:31 pm

Post by JunkoChan »

You hear a passing conversation:

-Did you know?
-What?
-Oh come on, the entire town is talking about it
-You know I have better things to do than chitchat...
-You... eh wathever, this is not trivial at all, some guy found a gigantic entrance to a cave that came out of nowhere
-Wow fantastic, a cave, I'm so excited *eye roll*
-You will change your mind after you see this! *shows a golden nugget*
-is that.. GOLD? WHERE DID YOU FIND THAT?
-Haha now that I have your attention, this little thing was inside the cave, well not quite, just at the entrance, my father gave it to me
-Your father? how could he..
-He has some aces up his sleeve *wink* so, are you coming with me?
-Is this for real?
-Let's find out!

ImageHi~ My name is Rose and I'll be your host for this occasion. Welcome to Cassiopeia Year 20XX, the town recently found a mysterious cave and only those brave enough to reach the bottom will receive the maximum prize or... at least that's what the rumors say.

ImageCurrently there is an expedition being organized by the smartest, strongest and greediest members of Cassiopeia, I convinced a friend after showing him one of the gold pieces my father found at the cave's entrance and I might look like a fragile girl for your inexperienced eyes but I'm leading this journey. so.. I know you are new here but, are you up for the task? or is the cold fear crawling on your back? let me know soon.

Basic Information

-This is a Roleplay turn based dungeon game
-Every turn players must submit their actions, Time limits between each turn may vary (Host will always announce this)
-Players may choose to "sabotage" other players, they both receive the "busy" status and lose their turn.
-Players identities will be hidden.
-Each player has a role, a level, hit points, damage range, a passive ability and a special ability!
-Each player must choose 2 roles from the role list at the Dungeon Entrance and the host will toss a coin to decide their actual role
-The attack order (Initiative) is announced before each turn by the host.
-Cubic rooms are encounters, there is at least 1 monster in each room and they must be defeated to continue.
-Paths (the arrows) May contain random events announced by the host.
-The Party may choose to split by mayority vote each time they find a divergence,
WARNING
: enemies wont get easier if you decide to split
-If the party decides to split the new groups are randomly chosen
-Each enemy grants the party a set amount of rewards: exp and buffs are distributed equally after the fight, items are distributed randomly after the fight and since there is a limited amount of items, some players might not receive any items at all, however only the player that lands the killing blow will receive the
Determination
Reward.
-At the end of the game the player with the highest amount of
Determination
wins.
-Players are able to trade
Determination
for healing and items with other participants

Levels

-Each player starts at level 0
-Each level up grants the player a random Buff and 15 Max Hp, the player also heals for 15 Hp when leveling up
-Each level up increases your attack range depending on your class
-You need 10 Exp points to level up
-Max Level is 5

Order of Operations

Smoke Cloud
Nature's Wrath
Sabotages
Mind Control
Other Special abilities (At the same time)
Normal attacks
Enemy's attack (if alive)

Buffs

Hp Up!
(Gain +5 Max Hp/Heal 5 Hp)
Attack Up!
(Gain +5 Attack) tradable
Exp gift +1
Exp gift +2

Status

Status can be stacked and they reset after each combat

Poisoned
: Lose 5 Hp per Turn
Burned
: Lose 10 Hp per Turn
Demoralized
: -20 Max damage
Hasted
: +3 initiative
Busy
: Being Sabotaged or sabotaging

Dungeon Map

Roles

Ranger
Hp: 100
Attack Range:
15-60
Gain 5 Max attack per level
Special ability: "Multi shot" (Once per Combat) Shoot 2 arrows*(level+1) each arrow deals the same amount of damage but has a 33% chance to miss
Passive ability: "Safe Distance" The Ranger takes half the damage dealt by the enemy during combats

Warrior
Hp: 200
Attack Range:
20-40
Gain 15 Max attack per level
Special ability: "Sword throw" (Once per Combat) Double your attack range for this turn, you can't attack the following turn. Note: If you get sabotaged while doing this a random ally takes 1/3 of the damage instead Note 2: If you hit a Ninja with a sword throw, lose 10 Max Damage
Passive ability: "Hope" Grant +5 attack*Turn number to a random ally, if this ally lands the killing blow with the extra damage, the warrior receives the
Determination

Priest
Hp: 250
Attack range:
0-20
Gain 2 Max Attack per level
Special ability: “Healing wave” (Once per Combat) heal X amount of players for 1-20 Hp+(2*Level), deal X*amount healed/2 Damage to the enemy. Note: You can’t heal yourself with this ability during the combat.
Passive ability: “Kindness” After each combat heal yourself for 1/3 the amount of Hp healed using “Healing wave”
Bonus ability: "As One" You can use your Hp to heal an ally outside of combat (You Lose 30 Hp they gain 40 Hp, willing players give you 1
Determination
)

Spirit Master
(one of a kind)
Hp: 175
Attack Range:
0-0
Gain 0 Max attack per level
Special ability: "Nature's wrath" (Once per Combat) Halves the amount of damage dealt by your allies, the amount reduced becomes your damage for this turn. Note: You can attack normally
Passive ability: "Reincarnate" Gain 70 Max attack*(dead allies+1) - Hp currently missing

Pyromancer
(one of a kind)
Hp: 150
Attack Range:
15-30
Gain 5 Max attack per level
Special ability: "Pyroblast" (Once per Combat) Deal 200+(20*level) Note: If you get sabotaged while doing this all the players involved take 30 damage and your attack deals a flat 150 Note: Can't be used on the first turn
Passive ability: "Healing flames" If you kill an enemy using "Pyroblast" Gain 20 max Hp and heal 50

Mechanic
Hp: 400
Attack Range:
0-0
Gain 0 Max Attack per level (Can't attack)
Special ability: "Heating up!" Gain 40+(10*level) atack damage and pass the turn when attacking this ability becomes: "RELEASE!" Deal yoor chosen damage from your Attack Range + all the damage gained by "Heating up!", lose all the charges afterwards.
Passive ability: "Reliability" Cannot be sabotaged, takes double damage while "Heating up!"

Ninja
Hp: 50
Attack Range
40-80
Gain 20 Min Attack and 30 Max Attack per level
Special ability: "Smoke cloud" (Once per Combat) Sabotage the entire party Note: You can attack with your Min Damage while using this ability
Passive ability: "Stealth" Can only be damaged by AoE attacks Note: If a Ninja it's targeted by a "sword throw", he recieves no Damage and gains 10 Max Damage

Kinesis
(One of a kind)
Hp: 175
Attack Range
10-20
Gain 15 Max Attack per level
Special ability: "Mind Control" (Once per Combat) Force a player to use their special ability any way you want, if this player lands the killing blow Kinesis receives all the buffs and the
Determination
reward
Passive ability: "Knowledge" You know the identities of the entire party

Note: If you want to join the game write: "I'm in" in this thread, I'll start things up when at least 8 players join the game.

Current Player List:
PvtUrist
Segaco
Elements
the worst
Enter
xofelf
Firebringer
Frozen Angel

The adventure awaits!
Last edited by JunkoChan on Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:22 am, edited 14 times in total.
For how to play with JunkoChan, click on my wiki!

I will inflict you with the pain of a thousand slapping anime girls ~thenewearth
you do know if you kill me that's a one way ticket to execution-ville ~Iprobablysuck
JunkoChan
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6 (isolation #1) » Fri Dec 28, 2018 2:13 am

Post by JunkoChan »

In post 5, Segaco wrote:Junko chan comes back to life!

/in
Hi Segaco! sorry forbanishing :( had a rough year but now I'm back and ready !

I will inflict you with the pain of a thousand slapping anime girls ~thenewearth
you do know if you kill me that's a one way ticket to execution-ville ~Iprobablysuck
JunkoChan
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9 (isolation #2) » Fri Dec 28, 2018 12:48 pm

Post by JunkoChan »

In post 8, xofelf wrote:Oh this is super cool looking. What kind of deadlines are we looking at here for submitting anything? Tentative in, I definitely want to watch if I have to out.
If youa re asking for action deadlines, depends on the boss fights and the rooms, initial rooms are usually 48 hours and it goes down andin some cases up from there, minimal deadline is 24 hours tho, cuz it's hard and mostly unfair due to time zone differences to go below that, but I pulled off a rapid fire 2hour deadline for a boss fight once, it was really intense haha.

I would love to have you in the game if you are interested!

JunkoChan
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12 (isolation #3) » Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:55 pm

Post by JunkoChan »

In post 10, xofelf wrote:That's exactly what I was asking! Just wondering level of commitment needed. Count me in, though I'm away until after the first.
Don't worry about it! I think that's the case for many of us, it still give me time to get 1 more player and prepare roles and everything else :)

JunkoChan
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13 (isolation #4) » Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:56 pm

Post by JunkoChan »

In post 11, Firebringer wrote:/in as pyromancer
rolepicking is done secretly and at random between 2 roles of your choice, I'll let you know when to send the pm to me

Thanks for joining in!

JunkoChan
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #16 (isolation #5) » Sat Dec 29, 2018 4:02 am

Post by JunkoChan »

In post 14, Frozen Angel wrote:/in

I really have a lot of questions about how to play a game like this though so you I'm gonna bother you a lot xd

if you have a link to any similar games I will look at how stuff was played to get a better idea about it maybe?
Welcome! with you we are ready to start :3

Let me see if I can find a spoiler free version of my old games, You can ask me as much as you want about mechanics tho, since this is the first time I'm running a game like this on this forum.

JunkoChan
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #17 (isolation #6) » Sat Dec 29, 2018 4:06 am

Post by JunkoChan »

In post 15, Segaco wrote:Yay we're full!

Question before game start: is the spirit master able to attack without using its ability?
yes! Passive ability: "Reincarnate" Gain 70 Max attack*(dead allies+1) - Hp currently missing

This means that at level 0 Spirit Master passive ability has:

70 Max attack*(0+1)-0=70 so his attack range is 0-70

JunkoChan
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #18 (isolation #7) » Sat Dec 29, 2018 4:20 am

Post by JunkoChan »

PM's sent! choose wisely my dear travelers. We can use this thread for Q&A I'll create another one for the game.

JunkoChan
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #20 (isolation #8) » Sat Dec 29, 2018 4:48 am

Post by JunkoChan »

In post 14, Frozen Angel wrote:if you have a link to any similar games I will look at how stuff was played to get a better idea about it maybe?
Here you go! really old game so I won't be using most of it now, but it has similar mechanics! and it was also a fun game specially towards the end

edit: Just realized someone f'd that forum and removed the icons that were used during that game to show the characters, so it might be hard to follow some things

JunkoChan
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #22 (isolation #9) » Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:31 am

Post by JunkoChan »

7/8 Role PM's received
Last edited by JunkoChan on Sat Dec 29, 2018 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JunkoChan
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #25 (isolation #10) » Sat Dec 29, 2018 1:58 pm

Post by JunkoChan »

In post 24, xofelf wrote:This player list is gr8 :D
Agree! all PM's received sending roles soon!

JunkoChan
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #27 (isolation #11) » Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:35 am

Post by JunkoChan »

No Passive ability: "Stealth" Can only be damaged by AoE attacks

So they are immune to any damaging status effects

JunkoChan
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #29 (isolation #12) » Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:13 am

Post by JunkoChan »

In post 28, Enter wrote:does it make sense at all to coordinate which side we stand on? I guess it doesn't matter does it due to randomness, although we could minimize effects if half are on one side and the other half are on the other, right?
I think that's something for the Game thread since I can't give you the answer to that as a host

Return to “Sens-O-Tape Archive”