Thanos
Thanos
Goon
Thanos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3150 (ISO) » Tue Jan 01, 2019 6:37 pm

Post by Thanos »

In post 3129, mcqueen wrote:but times where they seem, to me at least (I've never played with either, so if someone wants to meta-correct me, go ahead), are blatantly town. Those times include both heads, btw.
McQueen, could you point out a couple of instances where you thought my slot was "blatantly town"?

~Auro
Cheeky Dancer
Cheeky Dancer
Goon
Cheeky Dancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3151 (ISO) » Tue Jan 01, 2019 6:47 pm

Post by Cheeky Dancer »

In post 3143, Thanos wrote:
In post 2859, Cheeky Dancer wrote:I voted Drewva for how they're reacting to pressure on them around the so called "scum slip" they're more likely to harp on about people being dumb (BEF) when they're scum ime.
Cheeky, apologies if I missed it but - can you link to the relevant scumgame posts where this happens?

While their knowledge of other rooms is NAI to me, their response about Boon confirming it to them in their confessional felt ungenuine. Still, that's a really weak case, so nah. I'll discuss with Lamees more about what other scummy pings she got, if anyone else can recap their reasons for voting that slot it'd be great too.

~Auro
Thanos I'm comparing Dva's general tone in Overkill 1(scum) and Overkill 2(town). I feel like it's more similar to O1 but I agree that we should probably focus off the scum wagon today.

Who do you think is scum off the wagon?

~ C
Love Cheeky and Performer xx
Cheeky Dancer
Cheeky Dancer
Goon
Cheeky Dancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3152 (ISO) » Tue Jan 01, 2019 6:49 pm

Post by Cheeky Dancer »

I don't mind lynching Theta but I don't see the benefit of lynching a no-info slot over letting a vig shot sort it?

~ C
Thanos
Thanos
Goon
Thanos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3153 (ISO) » Tue Jan 01, 2019 6:57 pm

Post by Thanos »

In post 3152, Cheeky Dancer wrote:I don't mind lynching Theta but I don't see the benefit of lynching a no-info slot over letting a vig shot sort it?
Ah right, yeah a vig shot would be perfect here.
Regarding the scum off wagon, I'll actually go and read the posts towards the end of D1 again - should be a good place to hunt IMO, what do you think? Especially the reactions to Alonzo's case.

I remember there was some talk about McQueen trying to push elsewhere lending him some scum equity, his post TRing me sounds a wee bit white-knightey, but I tend to do that a lot as either alignment so I'm trying to talk to him more about it.

I'm still pretty busy :( so I can't put in much effort yet, I'll try my best though. Who's your top SR right now?

~Auro
Cheeky Dancer
Cheeky Dancer
Goon
Cheeky Dancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3154 (ISO) » Tue Jan 01, 2019 7:01 pm

Post by Cheeky Dancer »

I'm thinking SS or Mcqueen but yeah I need to effort more too. I'll let Performer give his thoughts after some digging.

~ C
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #3155 (ISO) » Tue Jan 01, 2019 7:14 pm

Post by davesaz »

In post 3124, Emperors New Groove wrote:
In post 3121, Nev and Max wrote:It's real easy to wiggle out of reads you haven't explicitly stated, just talked about, and pantomimed and sensed.
Funny...if you ISO me, I have explicitly stated reads. Sorry if they aren't all neat and proper like you would like.

I'm going to bed...you're pushing scum read territory for lack of ability to read...because it almost has to be intentional.
I just did a quick skim. There are a few weak-looking townreads. Didn't notice any explicit scumreads, though I only read about the 2nd half or so.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
Thanos
Thanos
Goon
Thanos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3156 (ISO) » Tue Jan 01, 2019 7:15 pm

Post by Thanos »

In post 2400, Boonskiies wrote:Xtoxm [2]: - Mcqueen [12/28, 16:08], Something_Smart [12/28, 16:09]
Woah. This is interesting. Seems co-ordinated.

~Auro
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #3157 (ISO) » Tue Jan 01, 2019 7:18 pm

Post by davesaz »

In post 3155, davesaz wrote:
In post 3124, Emperors New Groove wrote:
In post 3121, Nev and Max wrote:It's real easy to wiggle out of reads you haven't explicitly stated, just talked about, and pantomimed and sensed.
Funny...if you ISO me, I have explicitly stated reads. Sorry if they aren't all neat and proper like you would like.

I'm going to bed...you're pushing scum read territory for lack of ability to read...because it almost has to be intentional.
I just did a quick skim. There are a few weak-looking townreads. Didn't notice any explicit scumreads, though I only read about the 2nd half or so.
:lol:
I did a quick skim
backwards
, and then they post reads on the next page. :facepalm:
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
Cheeky Dancer
Cheeky Dancer
Goon
Cheeky Dancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3158 (ISO) » Tue Jan 01, 2019 7:27 pm

Post by Cheeky Dancer »

In post 2400, Boonskiies wrote:Ultimate Liars (Kokichi Oma/Hebichan) [2]: - davesaz [12/18, 08:56], Thanos [12/22, 12:53]
Thanos can you please explain why you left your vote on UL?
Thanos
Thanos
Goon
Thanos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3159 (ISO) » Tue Jan 01, 2019 7:36 pm

Post by Thanos »

In post 3158, Cheeky Dancer wrote:
In post 2400, Boonskiies wrote:Ultimate Liars (Kokichi Oma/Hebichan) [2]: - davesaz [12/18, 08:56], Thanos [12/22, 12:53]
Thanos can you please explain why you left your vote on UL?
UL was a lurkslot, but whatever content did come out of it wasn't towny -- Lam pointed out that one of their early posts ( I think) comes more often from scum!Kokichi than town. Both these factors combined was enough to be happy with a vote there.

Lamees wanted to vote DrewVa but I didn't, so we didn't place our vote there.

~Auro
Cheeky Dancer
Cheeky Dancer
Goon
Cheeky Dancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3160 (ISO) » Tue Jan 01, 2019 7:40 pm

Post by Cheeky Dancer »

I think Elsa is town...and she has a point about Profii's claim.
In post 2649, Elsa Jay wrote:
In post 2299, profii wrote:I have no idea what’s going on

With plurality in effect it seems there may be a risk of my gettingnlynched so I’ll claim

I can modify 1 person each night with these 3 thingys and give them +1 shot

(Ascetic, Loyal, Loud)

So like 3 nights work if that makes sense

I don’t seem all that useful so might as well lynch

The loud / loyal might help us prove someone later tho
Emperors New Groove wrote:2/3 of the abilities suck for scum so...
Yeah, if he out them on scum. Clearly putting loud on a probable PR to give his claim more merit is a great idea. Scum support items to disable town later on. Especially if he uses Loyal on a Cop and they also got a roleblocker or something.

We gotta look at roles very closely. The 1 Scum flip gives me the hint that scum power roles aren't overpowered at all, but instead they look 'helpful' to town.
Cheeky Dancer
Cheeky Dancer
Goon
Cheeky Dancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3161 (ISO) » Tue Jan 01, 2019 7:42 pm

Post by Cheeky Dancer »

Maybe we leash Profii?
BrightEyedFish
BrightEyedFish
Mafia Scum
BrightEyedFish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3162 (ISO) » Tue Jan 01, 2019 8:47 pm

Post by BrightEyedFish »

In post 3156, Thanos wrote:
In post 2400, Boonskiies wrote:Xtoxm [2]: - Mcqueen [12/28, 16:08], Something_Smart [12/28, 16:09]
Woah. This is interesting. Seems co-ordinated.

~Auro

I thought so too, I checked the time stamps to the posts and the conversation at the time of those votes is here: Post

Honestly, I didn't find anything really incriminating in those posts and they were pretty open with their voting on xt.
profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3163 (ISO) » Tue Jan 01, 2019 9:35 pm

Post by profii »

In post 3161, Cheeky Dancer wrote:Maybe we leash Profii?
Woof
profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3164 (ISO) » Tue Jan 01, 2019 9:45 pm

Post by profii »

In post 3049, Elsa Jay wrote:He's trying to imply I'm waiting around too see where the dust settles and propose a mislynch on Theta from my scum perspective, McQueen.
More like - that seems like a plausible way things could go so by stating it, you can’t do it - if that makes sense

If you’re not scum anyway, no harm done

If Theta scums it up good and proper - all is well

The other thing that bugged me in this is that Alonzo said we lynched EFN for having scum meta as a lurker - that’s cool

But then he said “if” there is a meta tell on Theta -

He also said we should get the theta lynch done in under 10 pages

Why are we rushing a lynch on the basis of a meta tell that Alonzo isn’t even sure exists

Then you come along and “appear” all fence sitty about it

I don’t like it
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3165 (ISO) » Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:21 pm

Post by RCEnigma »

In post 3135, Cheeky Dancer wrote:You guys can quit trying to get PP to conform to your approved style of play. If you took a moment to meta check him or Ari you'd know being a lurk lazy sack is mostly NAI. The amount of activity today from PP says they're town.

~ C
Why would activity be town indicative then?
profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3166 (ISO) » Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:22 pm

Post by profii »

In post 2293, The Last Knight wrote:I think a proper wagon/scumlean is profii. I am obviously not voting for myself because I don't want to be my own hammer on accident. So I just want to be on a reasonable wagon when the day ends. And profii isn't pinging my towndar at all.

VOTE: profii
Can someone in the right time zone check this for me because it’s bugging me and I want to make sure I’m doing it right

It
appears
TLK said he would vote me half an hour after voting Theta according to the Boon vca

It could be because I’m GMT and adding +5 to all time stamps to find juicy posts near when people actually voted that I’ve infact messed this up

Help???
Thanos
Thanos
Goon
Thanos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3167 (ISO) » Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:23 pm

Post by Thanos »

In post 3131, Emperors New Groove wrote:Hmm...Thanos isn't town. Null at best.

Auro is basically absent. Rage-quit threats are lame. Stating that cop innos are not reliable are also lame.
No one threatened to rage quit. I did make a joke/poke fun at someone who rage quits though. My bad. But that was way back.

Stating cop innos are unreliable is pretty obvious if you read why it was stated.

Both these points you bring up prove that you're not even reading the thread properly.
BrightEyedFish
BrightEyedFish
Mafia Scum
BrightEyedFish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3168 (ISO) » Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:36 pm

Post by BrightEyedFish »

In post 3166, profii wrote:
In post 2293, The Last Knight wrote:I think a proper wagon/scumlean is profii. I am obviously not voting for myself because I don't want to be my own hammer on accident. So I just want to be on a reasonable wagon when the day ends. And profii isn't pinging my towndar at all.

VOTE: profii
Can someone in the right time zone check this for me because it’s bugging me and I want to make sure I’m doing it right

It
appears
TLK said he would vote me half an hour after voting Theta according to the Boon vca

It could be because I’m GMT and adding +5 to all time stamps to find juicy posts near when people actually voted that I’ve infact messed this up

Help???
If you are GMT then you should +8 from the time stamps. The time stamps are in PST.
profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3169 (ISO) » Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:37 pm

Post by profii »

Doh
profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3170 (ISO) » Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:38 pm

Post by profii »

Yeah that works I changed my forum clock ta
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3171 (ISO) » Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:39 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

In post 3165, RCEnigma wrote:
In post 3135, Cheeky Dancer wrote:You guys can quit trying to get PP to conform to your approved style of play. If you took a moment to meta check him or Ari you'd know being a lurk lazy sack is mostly NAI. The amount of activity today from PP says they're town.

~ C
Are you OMGUSing?
profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3172 (ISO) » Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:51 pm

Post by profii »

In post 2380, The Last Knight wrote:In light of profii's reveal and theta's iso being pinging me due to lack of original ideas, I'd vote there. Hadn't really noticed her before. Not sure if I made it back in time though..
Riiiight TLK posted this just before moving his vote

All good
In post 2380, The Last Knight wrote:In light of profii's reveal and theta's iso being pinging me due to lack of original ideas, I'd vote there. Hadn't really noticed her before. Not sure if I made it back in time though..
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3173 (ISO) » Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:52 pm

Post by RCEnigma »

In post 3171, CheekyTeeky wrote:
In post 3165, RCEnigma wrote:

~ C
Are you OMGUSing?
You or PP? Just not understanding why being active can't be indicative of scum if lurking isn't specifically his Scum meta.

I would probably scumread Ari early regardless but I haven't played with PP.
Cheeky Dancer
Cheeky Dancer
Goon
Cheeky Dancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3174 (ISO) » Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:39 pm

Post by Cheeky Dancer »

PP. A player can lurk as both alignments and still be unlikely to be active without prompting as scum. I could be wrong but I'm not particularly interested in lynching that slot today.

~ C

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”