DrewVa
Mafia Scum
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3200 (ISO) » Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:07 am

Post by DrewVa »

In post 2691, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 2406, BrightEyedFish wrote:I was hoping for an AC filled D2 but that won't happen.
Why did you want him to be here on d2?
In post 2410, Ramcius wrote:I'm dissapointed in all of you, scum included
Why? We lynched scum. I'm sure you are disappointed that Nips lurked and got lynched though.
In post 2411, DrewVa wrote:gifted it to someone you wouldn’t expect
:( I mean, I'm right here. Sure scum can't leave me alive in LYLO but I would have used the vig before then. I'm just really heartbroken Nancy. But real talk, why would you not give it to me?
In post 2460, Alonzo wrote:Anyone corroborate Gammas Room C stories?
Why does this matter?

I don't know if this stuff continues beyond this point but it all seems very very dumb to me. Boons mini show-off game has two "alignments" blue and pink and thus has no relevance to the Christmas colors in the main game.

Its past now but I instantly wanted to claim.

I don't know why Nancy would ask if there was more than one room but I'm willing to buy that she was told by Boon.
Nero, I didn’t want to put a target on your back, for the same reason, we didn’t keep it. I did try to gift you the +1 but Boon vetoed it.

Hopefully, you get another chance to win or that someone (maybe us) gifts something else to you.

The problem was that what we choose to do with our prize, has everything to do with the trustworthiness of our competitors in that round.

So had we been in a round with say you and Gamma, very good chance we would have gifted it to one of you.
Show
Hydra of DVa and Nancy Drew 39

HAPPY FESTIVUS
DrewVa
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3201 (ISO) » Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:09 am

Post by DrewVa »

In post 3197, Xtoxm wrote:i think over half the game have called dave town now and i'd just like to say i have no idea where thats coming from
His posting here, is pretty much identical to Overkill 2.
Show

HAPPY FESTIVUS
DrewVa
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3202 (ISO) » Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:13 am

Post by DrewVa »

In post 3198, Ramcius wrote:
In post 3194, DrewVa wrote: Welp, you’re dead wrong and I haven’t had a chance to discuss it with her but yeah, I don’t understand how VCA has 0 effect on anyone’s reads.

And yeah, you not being interested in reassessing your reads, is NAGL tbh.
I'm interested in reassessing my reads, I just don't think your participation in EFN lynch is AI, or I should say your timing on joining that wagon. Alonzo started, so he's pretty much clear (as if he wasn't my TR already) and other 2 joining close to deadline are clear too, scum wouldn't risk doing that, but you were in middle, when there were other better wagons around, yet you stayed on EFN
I disagree that wasn’t a good wagon. Alonzo pointed out that EFN meta was very AI. He then further clarified that the two games he referenced - happened at pretty much, the EXACT SAME TIME, so I think that made his scumcase on them, hella convincing to me.
Show

HAPPY FESTIVUS
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #3203 (ISO) » Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:17 am

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 3176, profii wrote:I don’t like that Xtoxm seemingly gets voted by S_S for calling him a rolefisher - imo I agree with Xtoxm- s_s was trying to find out who I could “power up” by making loyal and thus could nk them
Not quite-- I voted him for calling me a rolefisher and then not responding to my request for an explanation.

Because you seem to have it wrong as well. The roles that I was asking for were ones that would have practically no town utility without your upgrade. He made it out as though "rolefishing" and "asking a certain role to claim" are the same, but rolefishing, when done by scum for scum-motivated reasons, has to actually help scum if successful. I don't think outing the town one-shot motion detector really helps scum.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Ramcius
Ramcius
Mafia Scum
Ramcius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3204 (ISO) » Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:21 am

Post by Ramcius »

In post 3202, DrewVa wrote:
In post 3194, DrewVa wrote: Welp, you’re dead wrong and I haven’t had a chance to discuss it with her but yeah, I don’t understand how VCA has 0 effect on anyone’s reads.

I'm interested in reassessing my reads, I just don't think your participation in EFN lynch is AI, or I should say your timing on joining that wagon. Alonzo started, so he's pretty much clear (as if he wasn't my TR already) and other 2 joining close to deadline are clear too, scum wouldn't risk doing that, but you were in middle, when there were other better wagons around, yet you stayed on EFN
I disagree that wasn’t a good wagon. Alonzo pointed out that EFN meta was very AI. He then further clarified that the two games he referenced - happened at pretty much, the EXACT SAME TIME, so I think that made his scumcase on them, hella convincing to me.
Feel free tell me who are his scumbuddies? As I learned nothing from his lynch
DrewVa
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3205 (ISO) » Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:24 am

Post by DrewVa »

In post 2786, Xtoxm wrote:
In post 2780, Gamma Emerald wrote:
stop outing BOONus round winners, it informs scum of who has more abilities to use
I mean it does look like there's a strong correlation between bonus winners and day reps.
I think boon wants scum to know where the prizes are going
The wording boon used in the rules for day reps is suggestive as well
Yes but no one knows either what prize is claimed nor if the winner keeps their prize or gifts it but yeah, wasn’t too happy with being a day rep. It makes me a lot less eager to win too any prizes.

If you repeatedly show up as day rep, it puts a huge target on your back.
Show

HAPPY FESTIVUS
DrewVa
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3206 (ISO) » Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:28 am

Post by DrewVa »

In post 3204, Ramcius wrote:

Would you have felt better, if we had lynched town?

No, I don’t know that yet. I am really frustrated that AC was not more forthcoming about their reads though. Did they have any other scumreads besides Theta?
Show

HAPPY FESTIVUS
DrewVa
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3207 (ISO) » Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:33 am

Post by DrewVa »

In post 3203, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 3176, profii wrote:I don’t like that Xtoxm seemingly gets voted by S_S for calling him a rolefisher - imo I agree with Xtoxm- s_s was trying to find out who I could “power up” by making loyal and thus could nk them
Not quite-- I voted him for calling me a rolefisher and then not responding to my request for an explanation.

Because you seem to have it wrong as well. The roles that I was asking for were ones that would have practically no town utility without your upgrade. He made it out as though "rolefishing" and "asking a certain role to claim" are the same, but rolefishing, when done by scum for scum-motivated reasons, has to actually help scum if successful. I don't think outing the town one-shot motion detector really helps scum.
How does it help town, to do that?
Show

HAPPY FESTIVUS
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3208 (ISO) » Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:38 am

Because then profii could give them a power and turn a useless role into a useful one, and even if they do get killed (unlikely because of protectives), town's no worse off than it was and scum didn't get to kill who they wanted.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #3209 (ISO) » Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:45 am

Post by Xtoxm »

just looks like a bs excuse to justify rolefishing to me
scum can't rolefish by wagoning people to l-1 the normal way in this game
so credit for getting inventive
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3210 (ISO) » Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:53 am

please explain to me WHAT BENEFIT I GET FROM ROLEFISHING A MOTION DETECTOR AS SCUM.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3211 (ISO) » Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:54 am

It sounds like a BS buzzword you're using to throw shade on someone else.
profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3212 (ISO) » Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:55 am

Post by profii »

In post 3210, Something_Smart wrote:please explain to me WHAT BENEFIT I GET FROM ROLEFISHING A MOTION DETECTOR AS SCUM.
Because if they Md comes back and says erm guys I got no result then we have a potential guilty - that’s different from no movement
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3213 (ISO) » Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:57 am

Literally just looking up "rolefishing" in the oversimplified buzzword dictionary and then applying it to anything that remotely fits without using your brain at all.

Pedit: yeah but that's info. That's something we wouldn't get unless you loyalized an investigative.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3214 (ISO) » Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:59 am

Maybe a watcher or tracker caught a scum roleblocker visiting them. Maybe there is no scum roleblocker, or they only have one shot and didn't want to use it. All that is potential info for the town. NOT for the scum. :shifty:
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3215 (ISO) » Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:59 am

That emote was accidental but it fits perfectly.
Alonzo
Alonzo
Mafia Scum
Alonzo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3216 (ISO) » Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:19 am

Post by Alonzo »

What are your reads SS?
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/It

Post Post #3217 (ISO) » Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:30 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Time to get off my ass and read this shit
<Embrace The Void>

My pronouns are she and it, please respect that. I don't mind the occasional slip.
Ramcius
Ramcius
Mafia Scum
Ramcius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3218 (ISO) » Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:45 am

Post by Ramcius »

In post 3206, DrewVa wrote:
In post 3204, Ramcius wrote:

Would you have felt better, if we had lynched town?

No, I don’t know that yet. I am really frustrated that AC was not more forthcoming about their reads though. Did they have any other scumreads besides Theta?
Would be better, if we lynched active scum

Why you concerned about my scumread on you? I'm not only person, who scumread your slot, I'm not even voting or pushing for your lynch, yet you singled me out for some reason
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/It

Post Post #3219 (ISO) » Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:01 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 3023, Cheeky Dancer wrote:I'm fine not lynching anyone on the TLK wagon today.

The Last Knight [3]: - Karmeleon [12/19, 08:19], Emperors New Groove [12/24, 08:34], Ramcius [12/24, 11:45]

~ C
Why?
<Embrace The Void>

My pronouns are she and it, please respect that. I don't mind the occasional slip.
Nev and Max
Nev and Max
Goon
Nev and Max
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3220 (ISO) » Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:59 am

Post by Nev and Max »

In post 3219, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 3023, Cheeky Dancer wrote:I'm fine not lynching anyone on the TLK wagon today.

The Last Knight [3]: - Karmeleon [12/19, 08:19], Emperors New Groove [12/24, 08:34], Ramcius [12/24, 11:45]

~ C
Why?
In post 3034, Nev and Max wrote:
In post 3029, Cheeky Dancer wrote:
In post 3027, Nev and Max wrote:

~ C
Can you explain how you came to this conclusion? It seems to come out of nowhere so I don't know how to take it.
Sure TLK was the Super Saint claim. Scum wouldn't risk leaving their votes there incase the wagon went through. As I said earlier there is value in looking at all the people that pushed TLK to claim but then started pushing elsewhere after the claim. I'm not interested in pursuing those slots at this point.

~ C
Thank you for actually answering, I wasn't thinking about the claim in conjunction with his prior wagon.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3221 (ISO) » Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:05 am

In post 3081, Cheeky Dancer wrote:What are your thoughts on the EOD VC?

~ C
Ok time to :thonk: about this.
Spoiler:
In post 2400, Boonskiies wrote:
Day 1 Vote Count

The time is based off of California time, or -8:00, month first, then day.

Emperor flippyNips [4]:
- Alonzo [12/26, 18:53], DrewVa [12/27, 17:01], Xtoxm [12/28, 16:53], Cheeky Dancer [12/28, 17:48] ------
[LYNCH]

The Last Knight [3]:
- Karmeleon [12/19, 08:19], Emperors New Groove [12/24, 08:34], Ramcius [12/24, 11:45]
Theta Alpine[3]:
- Almost Chara [12/27, 14:50], Elsa Jay [12/28, 17:41], The Last Knight [12/28, 17:35]
Ultimate Liars (Kokichi Oma/Hebichan) [2]:
- davesaz [12/18, 08:56], Thanos [12/22, 12:53]
Xtoxm [2]:
- Mcqueen [12/28, 16:08], Something_Smart [12/28, 16:09]
DrewVa (Nancy Drew 39/DVa) [2]:
- Ultimate Liars [12/15, 22:02], BrightEyedFish [12/28, 00:23]
Ramcius [2]:
- Gamma Emerald [12/19, 12:37], Nero Cain [12/27, 14:52]
Profii [1]:
- RCEnigma [12/20, 17:19],
BrightEyedFish [1]:
- Nev and max [12/16, 16:58]
RCEnigma [1]:
- Theta Alpine [12/18, 07:59]
Elsa Jay [1]:
- Profii [12/28, 17:01]

Not Voting [1]:
Emperor flippyNips

RCE's vote stands out the most, but I suspect it was because he wasn't online to change his vote after profii's claim. I am surprised he didn't show up at all in the 12+ hours before deadline to at least reevaluate his vote which was at that time over a week old... but him being busy at the wrong time certainly isn't indicative of alignment.

There are a lot of lurker votes. 4 on flippy, 3 on Theta and 2 on Ultimate Lurkers. Of note is the fact that all the flippy/Theta votes were relatively recent but both UL votes were from a lot earlier. I don't recall a lot of discussion of lynching UL near the end of the day, but I know there was for flippy, which brings up the question to dave and Thanos, why did you stay on UL when it seemed like the consensus was if a lurker was lynched, it would be flippy?

Now, I know there was some meta case on flippy, I have no idea if there were any cases on the other two beyond activity. I think I recall feeling UL was slightly town but they definitely don't have enough content to read confidently. I don't think I've ever read Theta anyway.

The final thing of note is the votes on TLK who is pretty much not a lynch option at this stage in the game. I recognize that there's some element of daring in keeping your vote on a supersaint claim knowing that you could end up being hammer and getting killed by it. I also recognize that this is scarier for scum if TLK is town (conversely, if he is scum then it would be safer for scum who know it won't happen). But I still think it's stupid to stay on him at this point in the game, when his power is far more useful if used lategame... and all the votes on him were kept from long enough ago that it's unlikely they'd end up being the hammer vote.

Don't really see anything notable in the other wagons.

I'm not a huge proponent of VCA; I was more interested in seeing votecounts so I could see where people's heads were at during the day and how people would respond to wagons. But I think if we are going to get anything from this VC, it will probably be from the TLK or UL wagons.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3222 (ISO) » Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:11 am

In post 3216, Alonzo wrote:What are your reads SS?
And now this.

Profii, Nero, mcqueen, Karm town.
N&M, TLK, Alonzo leantown.
I thought Gamma said something recently that I liked. Might have been .
Xtoxm is the closest thing I have to a scumread. I hate the way he conducted the rolefishing discussion; I don't know if it's alignment indicative but I kind of hope he is scum being intentionally obtuse.

For the others I could definitely place them into "town side of null" and "scum side of null" categories, but there wouldn't really be a point to that since they'd change too easily.
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3223 (ISO) » Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:17 am

Post by Kokichi Oma »

Prodge. Sorry this is a lot to catch up on.
How do you expect to find the culprit when you're all worried about each other's feelings? If you're planning to expose a liar, then you have to corner them psychologically.
Cheeky Dancer
Cheeky Dancer
Goon
Cheeky Dancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3224 (ISO) » Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:32 am

Post by Cheeky Dancer »

Anyone care to weigh in on this unexplained defense of EFN?
In post 2193, mcqueen wrote:
In post 2093, Alonzo wrote:I just want progress the game RN more than anything.

Here's some steamy Fresh my name is emperor flippynips and I lurk hard as scum meta

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=78044
K i saw ppl were voting flippynips a little later, and ive yet to click this link.

But flippynips lurker in Newbie 1901 with us and he was town... We MLed him btw. Keep that in mind pls
In post 2195, mcqueen wrote:
In post 2097, Alonzo wrote:VOTE: FLIPPYNIPS

VOTE: END THE DAY
Don’t really understand this vote at all. Bothers me a lot.

Dude lurks no matter what, and u know this and provided links, but u vote him anyway
In post 2196, mcqueen wrote:
In post 2100, DrewVa wrote:
In post 2093, Alonzo wrote:I just want progress the game RN more than anything.

Here's some steamy Fresh my name is emperor flippynips and I lurk hard as scum meta

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=78044
In post 2095, Alonzo wrote:When it comes to flippynips I just say yes..

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=77801
In post 2097, Alonzo wrote:VOTE: FLIPPYNIPS

VOTE: END THE DAY

Okay, that’s pretty damn convincing.

I’ll sheep you on that.

UNVOTE:

VOTE: Flippynips
And this is even worse... DrewVa what the heck? You think this is good reasoning? I’ve got half a mind to scumread you for this... idc if Alonzo’s a tr of mine doesn’t mean his vote wasn’t stupid or I can’t be wrong.
In post 2202, mcqueen wrote:
In post 2189, DrewVa wrote:
In post 2187, Nero Cain wrote:b/c we get rid of two sketchy slots. I mean, not that I find TLK scummy but there are/were a
large
# of ppl scumreading him and his role can get rid of another. If I were an SS I'd be more than happy suiciding on someone I scumread and that's what he wants to do so...

Though I kinda don't see us being able to really coordinate this rn.

I'm not seeing the big fuss over ENG. I mean yeah, lurking and being useless are both heads scum game so it's certainly possible but your reaon for scum reading him isn't exactly correct. He's not really tunneling me, He questioned my town read and then when he was challenged he called me townish. So its more of a hedge than a tunnel...not that that makes him that much better. I think if you are deadset on deposing an emperor then EFN is maybe slightly scummier.
VOTE: Flippynips

DVa already voted in our confessional, so barring any better options. Alonzo has a pretty decent metacase.
Im gonna be honest. I need time to skim his scum game, but i also know he lurked as town. No way I’m willing to put a vote on what is essentially a random player at this point. He’s done nothing, and there are scum reads out there along with a Super saint claim. I’m not lynching some randy. Sorry

inb4 drewva says I’m buddying him.
In post 2203, mcqueen wrote:That covers 82-88. Still havent read 62-82 and im gonna do that now since i feel its important.

Atm i’m still not fully buying into Elsa’s vig claim, or who/whatever she claims to know. Dont know why everyone just buys it. Vig is one of the easiest fakeclaims and almost no way to disprove it. Not that disproving is easy in larges regardless.

Super saint claim seems more legit, but even then I’m skeptical. I kinda wanna be the one to vote him, but sorry not sorry I’m town and don’t wanna die. Hopefully some of you with townreads on me can vouch for me here.

Thus, i kinda wanna vote to end the day and take our chances. Would still need xtoxm or EFN to vote with me and Alonzo, but I’m feeling as though the last 17 hours will do more harm than good. Hopefully TLK is still the plural lynch and whoever dies dies. Honestly I don’t want a claimed super saint in the game much longer. The longer he’s alive, the more immune he becomes, since no one will want to die with a hammer or a nightkill of him. He needs to go.

Gonna read 62-82 now but here it is. VOTE: End the day. Xtoxm or EFN, i encourage you to do the same.
Love Cheeky and Performer xx

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”