Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #3350 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:36 am

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 3342, DrewVa wrote:Actually, that does make sense but still not a good idea to out them and how do we even know any of thrse exist in this setup?
Well if they don't, then absolutely no harm is done.

Can you actually think about whether it's a good idea instead of just saying "outing roles = good for scum"? How much of a tragedy is it if scum kill the voyeur before they can use their power?
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Karmeleon
Karmeleon
Goon
Karmeleon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3351 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:46 am

Post by Karmeleon »

In post 3349, Ramcius wrote:
In post 3348, Karmeleon wrote:I want the VC. If I consider the top wagon an optimal lynch I'm ending the day.

This game isn't supposed to take long.
Don't try to pull Alonzo, it wasn't funny D1, it's not funny now
I'm not joking. When there are too many players alive, the correct play to do is settle on someone we agree in and focus on nightplay.
BrightEyedFish
BrightEyedFish
Mafia Scum
BrightEyedFish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3352 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:54 am

Post by BrightEyedFish »

In post 3351, Karmeleon wrote:
In post 3348, Karmeleon wrote:I want the VC. If I consider the top wagon an optimal lynch I'm ending the day.

I'm not joking. When there are too many players alive, the correct play to do is settle on someone we agree in and focus on nightplay.
In post 3348 you said if YOU find the top wagon optimal YOU will end the day.
Now in post 3351 you say WE should all agree on a wagon...

Two opposing statements in quick succession make little sense to me...
Are you playing on two sides?
Ramcius
Ramcius
Mafia Scum
Ramcius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3353 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:56 am

Post by Ramcius »

Funny how you say "we", when you did literally nothing in this day phase
Nev and Max
Nev and Max
Goon
Nev and Max
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3354 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:05 am

Post by Nev and Max »

In post 3310, DrewVa wrote:Yes, I didn’t check it out first. I’ve made that mistake in numerous games. If this the the only reason N&M do a 180 on us, it’s a really bad reason - especially when it looked like they were trying to pocket us by voting Thanos, when we were far from sure on them att.
Yeah I hate it when new info pops up and forces people to reevaluate reads as a result...

Max has been a little absent recently, I can only imagine that when you talk about us voting Thanos that it was Max who said that and not me. Our vote was on BEF day 1, and it's been on you so far day 2.

And as far as using "bad reason"s: Nuts.
Nev and Max
Nev and Max
Goon
Nev and Max
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3355 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:09 am

Post by Nev and Max »

In post 3319, DrewVa wrote:Even if their actions are clearly visible?
If their actions were clearly visible we wouldn't be having a discussion about what to do here, we would just be lynching ram to test the theory. The idea that wifom would save them is working right now because we aren't lynching the guy who might be scum based off mechanics.
DrewVa
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3356 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:10 am

Post by DrewVa »

In post 3354, Nev and Max wrote:
In post 3310, DrewVa wrote:Yes, I didn’t check it out first. I’ve made that mistake in numerous games. If this the the only reason N&M do a 180 on us, it’s a really bad reason - especially when it looked like they were trying to pocket us by voting Thanos, when we were far from sure on them att.
Yeah I hate it when new info pops up and forces people to reevaluate reads as a result...

Max has been a little absent recently, I can only imagine that when you talk about us voting Thanos that it was Max who said that and not me. Our vote was on BEF day 1, and it's been on you so far day 2.

:igmeou:

What new info? First you pocket us, now this?
Show
Hydra of DVa and Nancy Drew 39

HAPPY FESTIVUS
DrewVa
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3357 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:12 am

Post by DrewVa »

In post 3355, Nev and Max wrote:
If their actions were clearly visible we wouldn't be having a discussion about what to do here, we would just be lynching ram to test the theory. The idea that wifom would save them is working right now because we aren't lynching the guy who might be scum based off mechanics.
You mean who? TLK? Oh Ram? Because of the day rep thing?
Show

HAPPY FESTIVUS
Nev and Max
Nev and Max
Goon
Nev and Max
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3358 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:14 am

Post by Nev and Max »

This is your second post of the day. This game is supposed to be played. Play.
Karmeleon
Karmeleon
Goon
Karmeleon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3359 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:15 am

Post by Karmeleon »

In post 3352, BrightEyedFish wrote:

In post 3348 you said if YOU find the top wagon optimal YOU will end the day.
Now in post 3351 you say WE should all agree on a wagon...

Two opposing statements in quick succession make little sense to me...
Are you playing on two sides?
I want to end the day on a wagon I agree with.
Karmeleon
Karmeleon
Goon
Karmeleon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3360 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:16 am

Post by Karmeleon »

In post 3353, Ramcius wrote:

I don't even know what's going on. It's just DrewVA, Cheeky Dancer and Gamma Emerald playing in the last few pages. When I requested the virtual VC, nobody handed it.
DrewVa
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3361 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:17 am

Post by DrewVa »

In post 3356, DrewVa wrote:
In post 3310, DrewVa wrote:Yes, I didn’t check it out first.
I’ve made that mistake in numerous games.
If this the the only reason N&M do a 180 on us, it’s a really bad reason - especially when it looked like they were trying to pocket us by voting Thanos, when we were far from sure on them att.

Do I need to link you to the numerous towngames where I’ve done that and does it even matter to you?

I mean you tried to make it seem on D1, that you were voting Thanos to please us, when we temp voted them. I don’t think you even care, whether or not your reasons make any sense. At least BEF actually believes what he’s saying. I’m not convinced you do.
Show

HAPPY FESTIVUS
Karmeleon
Karmeleon
Goon
Karmeleon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3362 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:17 am

Post by Karmeleon »

I don't see any scumread being thrown around, that's the problem.
Nev and Max
Nev and Max
Goon
Nev and Max
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3363 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:18 am

Post by Nev and Max »

Max might have spoken to you middle to end of day 1, but no one tried to pocket you. And the info I'm talking about is how I see your entrance into the day here and the fact that you missed the nk post. In my mind town just doesn't do that. I can't think of a single time where days start and I don't go to the 1st post in thread.
DrewVa
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3364 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:20 am

Post by DrewVa »

In post 1696, Thanos wrote:
In post 1694, DrewVa wrote:Fine, it’s very trying on one’s patience, when your dealing with one hydra head acting unacceptably and you mistakenly diect that frustration on the wrong head. :/
I've direct experience playing against that head before and can understand the sentiment. :P
I've seen her keep getting mislynched for it, too, which is why I stress that she does this as town too and isn't scum-indicative.

Now, one thing that bothered me -- Max's last two posts looked a bit like a pocketing attempt to me. What do you think?

~A
In post 1698, Thanos wrote:
Spoiler:
In post 1627, Nev and Max wrote:in other news:
i'd totally be down for a thanos lynch

i'm in no way caught up and don't give two fucks to say this.

~M
In post 1641, Nev and Max wrote:ok

the nancydrew hydra is town

town will win this

also im going to bed

so good night

i love you all
you are all the best

xoxoxoxoxo

~Max
In post 1658, Nev and Max wrote:anyways

im actually caught up now.

reads are all over the place, but will discuss w/ nev and get back to this thread asap.

i have a few townreads so thats a plus!

xoxo

going to bed for real.

~m

btw if it makes you feel better, nancy/dva,
i you got my vote regarding thanos slot without a doubt
in regards to a lynch. i will get my bff on board because he has my back

So he gauges that we're in a 1v1, and immediately says he's down for a lynch on my slot, and is non-committal. There's another post where he flops on that which I didn't quote. Then he asserts that you're town, and town will win, and then suddenly makes a commitment to the vote -- the language there also seems more pockety than independent. ("You got my vote.. without a doubt")

The lack of consideration that this could be TvT both before and after reading the exchange reads *pocket* to me, hmm I'll keep this in mind for later.

~A
In post 2010, Thanos wrote:@Nev and Max:

I'm assuming your vote is on us; and we are your strongest scumread.
You did seem to develop that suspicion in the course of my DrewVa interactions; can you detail what exactly pinged you as scummy?
Do you disagree with Gamma Emerald that the kind of hydra dissonance my slot exhibited is towny?
What made you "side with" Nancy so blatantly?
I still feel you were pocketing her; a lazy, opportunistic pocket considering you haven't done much else till then.

~A
In post 2012, Thanos wrote:
In post 2010, Thanos wrote:a lazy, opportunistic pocket considering you haven't done much else
since
then.
Corrected.

~A
Show

HAPPY FESTIVUS
Karmeleon
Karmeleon
Goon
Karmeleon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3365 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:22 am

Post by Karmeleon »

DrewVA, if you had to end the day this instant, who would you lynch?
Alonzo
Alonzo
Mafia Scum
Alonzo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3366 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:23 am

Post by Alonzo »

Get your coat love, you've pulled!
Nev and Max
Nev and Max
Goon
Nev and Max
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3367 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:23 am

Post by Nev and Max »

In post 3357, DrewVa wrote:
In post 3355, Nev and Max wrote:
You mean who? TLK? Oh Ram? Because of the day rep thing?
Yes, Ram being included as a day rep is an anomaly. The other 3 share a common trait (boonus winners) and Ram is the odd man out as he wasn't in a round. We are told that scum have the ability to switch a player in to the reps, but that they would have had to do it before the start of the day when we get our new reps and we figure out where they are being picked from.

I think that the idea put forth that boon only picks 3 winners, and the other slot is "held" for scum if they chose to switch is conveluted and bullshit.

Easier explanation is that scum didn't know the mechanic beforehand, boon told them about the ability to put a scummer on the reps and they did so replacing the winner from group c.
Nev and Max
Nev and Max
Goon
Nev and Max
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3368 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:25 am

Post by Nev and Max »

In post 3360, Karmeleon wrote:I don't even know what's going on. It's just DrewVA, Cheeky Dancer and Gamma Emerald playing in the last few pages. When I requested the virtual VC, nobody handed it
Boo hoo.

Read the game and play. Or replace out bro. Sorry no one dropped what they were doing to figure out a vote count for you. It's almost like that's something you could do to try and get involved in the game again...
Ramcius
Ramcius
Mafia Scum
Ramcius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3369 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:27 am

Post by Ramcius »

In post 3360, Karmeleon wrote:

I don't even know what's going on. It's just DrewVA, Cheeky Dancer and Gamma Emerald playing in the last few pages. When I requested the virtual VC, nobody handed it.
If you read thread, you'd know that no one made VC in D2, so there's nothing to handle to you

You can start by putting names of people you want to lynch
Nev and Max
Nev and Max
Goon
Nev and Max
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3370 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:27 am

Post by Nev and Max »

Drew:
1627- max
1641- max
1658- max

So again, you were speaking with the other half of this Hydra who didn't say any of that. You would have to talk to Max about that read and your feelings.
DrewVa
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3371 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:28 am

Post by DrewVa »

In post 3363, Nev and Max wrote:

Max might have spoken to you middle to end of day 1, but no one tried to pocket you. And the info I'm talking about is how I see your entrance into the day here and the fact that you missed the nk post. In my mind town just doesn't do that. I can't think of a single time where days start and I don't go to the 1st post in thread.
Are you not reading what I wrote? I said I’ve done that in numerous games. Are you just looking for a wagon to vote on, and ignoring any evidence contradicting your read, because that’s exactly what it looks like and yeah, your slot definitely did try to pocket us. None of your votes have had good and or sincere reasoning behind them not Thanos, not BEF, not us. Like the others, it’s just a really lazy vote. The other votes we got, actually had some real thought behind them.
Show

HAPPY FESTIVUS
Karmeleon
Karmeleon
Goon
Karmeleon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3372 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:28 am

Post by Karmeleon »

In post 3368, Nev and Max wrote:
In post 3360, Karmeleon wrote:I don't even know what's going on. It's just DrewVA, Cheeky Dancer and Gamma Emerald playing in the last few pages. When I requested the virtual VC, nobody handed it
Boo hoo.

Read the game and play.
In order to do that I'd have to put a fair ammount of players in ignore.
Karmeleon
Karmeleon
Goon
Karmeleon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3373 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:28 am

Post by Karmeleon »

In post 3369, Ramcius wrote:
In post 3360, Karmeleon wrote:

If you read thread, you'd know that no one made VC in D2, so there's nothing to handle to you

You can start by putting names of people you want to lynch
I say we lynch Ultimate Liars and focus on nightplay tonight.
Nev and Max
Nev and Max
Goon
Nev and Max
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3374 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:30 am

Post by Nev and Max »

Then replace out karm...

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”