Idea: Force Replace votes

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
BNL
BNL
Micro Madness
BNL
Micro Madness
Micro Madness

Idea: Force Replace votes

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:55 pm

Post by BNL »

Some things like repeated prod-dodging are grounds for force-replacement. The issue with such rules is that these afe often subjective as it is hard to define what a contentless post is, and it is hard to make an objective rule.

One idea I have is to shift the decision to the players rather than the moderator. The players can vote if they want to force replace a player. This removes the decision away from the moderator to the players so that now the mod’s ruling is objective: players get force replaced when they get X votes. This can be used to replace not only activelurker slots but also trolls and toxic players from the game.

However, I see such a system as easily abused. This is why I’m opening up this idea publicly: do you guys think this is workable?
GTKAS - BNL

Busy, on indefinite V/LA. May return April 2020
BNL
BNL
Micro Madness
BNL
Micro Madness
Micro Madness

Post Post #4 (isolation #1) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:13 am

Post by BNL »

I kinda figured out that this wouldn't work, but I wanted more constructive criticism than a "No".

I also know that people trying to replace players for their own benefit is probably not a good idea, but I want to see what other people think.
GTKAS - BNL

Busy, on indefinite V/LA. May return April 2020

Return to “Mafia Discussion”