Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #5250 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:06 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 5248, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 5246, Krazy wrote:Nancy do try not to suggest people replace out just because they rolled scum :P
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Nauci, was like, uh Nancy, stop being so rude.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #5251 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:06 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 5249, Irrelephant11 wrote:Shoutout to xtoxm, Nancy, and NM who all had better reads than me and got punished for it!
Would gladly play with y’all again, though I’m taking a break from signing up for things right now (unrelated to this game, don’t worry)
<3 <3 <3
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #5252 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:08 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 2687, Nauci wrote:If TW were scum this game there's no way he could even contain his excitement about convincing THIS group of players that he's town :lol:

It'd have been oozing into every post by page 50
:lol:
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #5253 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:09 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 2681, Nauci wrote:
In post 2616, AlmostNancy wrote:You townlocking tw, after NM flip, is what’s pinging me and why would you ever in a million years ever ignore the extremely confident read of a dead townie.
Irrelephant town locked TW and shoshin
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #5254 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:11 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 2657, Nauci wrote:
In post 2538, AlmostNancy wrote:
In post 2535, Shoshin wrote:I was wrong. Get over it.
If you mean, I’ll be ignoring your reads in this game, show me why tf I shouldn’t?

You help push through a mislynch - one that Kokichi and I told you would flip green and now, you inexplicably townlock that mislynch’s strongest scumread?

:facepalm:
???

She and others have town locked tw for a long time

Also I'm not sure if most people have ever put that much stock in NM's reads :/

But this game did teach me a little on how to read him I think

I just assume he's kinda trolling most of the time to preserve his impossible to read meta
THIS. :lol:
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5255 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:13 pm

Post by Krazy »

Relly if you're not joining the next one would you like to take a glance at the setup and be a third reviewer? :P
vote conspiracy
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #5256 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:14 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 4246, Kokichi Oma wrote:Why are you guys voting me after what Mew said? Without even trying to sort. suspect.
I was extremely shocked that Kokichi was lynched before Key.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5257 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:16 pm

Post by Shoshin »

Personally, I think Koki misplayed that situation quite badly. He should have claimed immediately as he promised to do.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #5258 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:17 pm

Post by the worst »

I didn't really appreciate being told to rep out all the same. I was dead honest travelling until late December and didn't have time to get into lengthy real-times which was the context to that conversation.

I made as much effort as I could before getting back and I'm happy with the way I conducted myself there.

eh, mislynch me for being busy next time we play. I'm ready.
who's scum? i haven't read up yet but like, it's me
--
intermittent v/la until late march
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #5259 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:18 pm

Post by the worst »

oh god yeah Kokichi scum MVP unironically
--
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #5260 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:18 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 5257, Shoshin wrote:Personally, I think Koki misplayed that situation quite badly. He should have claimed immediately as he promised to do.
He wasn’t lying about being IC, he just should have added “mayor” to his claim but still, town ever lynching Kokichi here over blantant scum!Key, was still cringeworthy bad play.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #5261 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:22 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 5258, the worst wrote:I didn't really appreciate being told to rep out all the same. I was dead honest travelling until late December and didn't have time to get into lengthy real-times which was the context to that conversation.

I made as much effort as I could before getting back and I'm happy with the way I conducted myself there.

Well, sorry-not sorry. You 100% deserved that after telling me, you couldn’t properly sort me until mid-December and if you or anyone else ever tries that gambit on me again, I 100% promise to have the exact same response to that.

I know you were traveling but you scumclaimed with that slip. Don’t even try to pull that injured party crap here. :roll:
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #5262 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:27 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 5261, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 5258, the worst wrote:I didn't really appreciate being told to rep out all the same. I was dead honest travelling until late December and didn't have time to get into lengthy real-times which was the context to that conversation.

Well, sorry-not sorry. You 100% deserved that after telling me, you couldn’t properly sort me until mid-December and if you or anyone else ever tries that gambit on me again, I 100% promise to have the exact same response to that.

I know you were traveling but you scumclaimed with that slip. Don’t even try to pull that injured party crap here. :roll:
If you honestly don’t have proper time to sort someone, than you don’t try to push a scumread on them and not expect some consequences.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #5263 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:27 pm

Post by skitter30 »

my issues with the setup and how some people played non-withstanding, i think tw played brilliantly and absolutely deserves his win
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #5264 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:28 pm

Post by the worst »

I don't pull injured party crap.

Try to meta me next time I can't real-time with you properly because I'm mobileposting while lost in Hanoi. I'll flip green.

That said I don't need an apology :lol: Just wanted you to know how I felt outside of being a wolf. :P
--
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #5265 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:33 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 5263, skitter30 wrote:my issues with the setup and how some people played non-withstanding, i think tw played brilliantly and absolutely deserves his win
Who is claiming otherwise? But pro-tip, town!Shoshin, never mislynches like this and what pinged me the hardest was how nonchalant she was about that.

In Labrynth, town!Shoshin practically went near-postal whrnever we had a mislynch - even anti-town AA9. And she would have torn me a new one over ever scumreading me/voting me for being suspicious of that.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #5266 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:37 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 5264, the worst wrote:

I don't pull injured party crap.

Try to meta me next time I can't real-time with you properly because I'm mobileposting while lost in Hanoi. I'll flip green.

That said I don't need an apology :lol: Just wanted you to know how I felt outside of being a wolf. :P
I understand but you can’t expect me not to be uberpissed when I’m being hard scumPOE’d by someone who can’t sort me properly for like 3 freaking weeks. :lol:

<3 <3 <3

Congrats though, you and Shoshin totally deserved your wins but try not to be so blatantly scummy on D1, in the future. :P
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #5267 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:39 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 5265, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 5263, skitter30 wrote:my issues with the setup and how some people played non-withstanding, i think tw played brilliantly and absolutely deserves his win
Who is claiming otherwise? But pro-tip, town!Shoshin, never mislynches like this and what pinged me the hardest was how nonchalant she was about that.

In Labrynth, town!Shoshin practically went near-postal whrnever we had a mislynch - even anti-town AA9. And she would have torn me a new one over ever scumreading me/voting me for being suspicious of that.
i didn't say anyone said otherwise, i was sharing my feelings on the subject
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5268 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:53 pm

Post by Nauci »

Haven't caught up on post game chatter

but The Worst deserves some sort of Academy Award for this
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #5269 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:05 pm

Post by the worst »

Heh, in 8p I was thinking if I were town I'd fakeclaim witch. great (or krazy?) minds.
--
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #5270 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:15 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 5190, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:I still don’t understand how Varsoon is terran Duran, when Mitilos was his alias.
@Krazy, you’ve got some “splaing” to do.
Because there were two Durans in the game, exactly as they said.

And Narud is not Duran; Narud is Narud.

Your assumption of Narud being Duran was just that, your assumption.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #5271 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:22 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 5223, the worst wrote:would be interested to hear mastina's take. I kinda wonder if it's closer to 40/30/30
I wouldn't have passed the setup if I didn't stand by it being balanced--swingy as fuck, yes, but given it was pseudo-multiball, that was going to be a given. Town could have fucked the scum over, and scum could have fucked the scum over--and almost did! You almost were killed by Performer N3, which would have eliminated the deepscum and meant that Varsoon would out some VERY condemning info which would have nigh-conftowned him.

Had that happened, both groupscum go down fast, Mitillos as the witch is POE'd pretty quickly, and when the game's still going after that it doesn't take long to figure out you're hunting for a 3p (thus, players that previously looked town by virtue of not being groupscum, i.e., Shoshin, would again be under revision).

I don't think that the setup is 50:25:25 town:scum:arsonist, but 33:33:33 town:scum:arsonist is more in the zone of where I'd put it, and that is an acceptable definition of balanced...just a significantly swingy-as-fuck definition of it.

Swingy, but balanced, passes any review I'd make.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #5272 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:25 pm

Post by the worst »

Subject: The Cow Level -- Starcraft Dead/Spectator Thread
Xtoxm wrote:yeah. this game is a great example of why you dont let people get away with terrible hammers
scum did it literally every day
and town never punished them
#veryveryverygoodposting
--
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #5273 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:48 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 5271, mastina wrote:I don't think that the setup is 50:25:25 town:scum:arsonist, but 33:33:33 town:scum:arsonist is more in the zone of where I'd put it, and that is an acceptable definition of balanced...just a significantly swingy-as-fuck definition of it.

Swingy, but balanced, passes any review I'd make.
I think this is important; town had a LOT of power; Mitillos' n1 action was lucky as shit (8.3% chance of nuking the vig from what should have been a 0.76% chance of directing the vig into the PGO blindly is.....definitely a punishment for misplaying by instantly claiming, but not an utterly dire one. Mitillos still hit the jackpot). we lucked in rolecopping Xtoxm, but not too badly as I knew there was very likely a low priority jailkeeper. the rest was sheer misplays. my weakest moment d1 was my treatment of NM and that wasn't picked up on. Kokichi misplayed horrifically and allowed himself to get within hammer range in pseudo LyLo. we are in a kinda site meta of punishing early claims but I don't think rel's early claim was a complete misplay. just turned Mitillos' optimal play from winning the lottery to a 1d12. :P

And the power Shoshin's role had made me smile when I saw it. That's what a balanced tp role should be. not an immortal god that shoots laserbeams out of its eyes, but hard to wipe out via rand. if one more thing went against us this game, Shoshin would have won this through sheer good dayplay. EOD. insane huge credit to you, Krazy and schadd_ on this. This is the kind of shit we should be seeing more of wrt third parties (shout-out to Pine's 1sbp multitasking 2shot tracking serial killer in project Pinecone).

I think if you asked a random person on the street with a year's mafia experience to give you their perfect 3p scumteam you'd >rand get the answer "roleblocker, a godfather, rolecop". it's a nice, tidy, useful team. but if you told them you're going up against a triplevoting innocent child, a gated vig/doc/rolestopping jk an ungated AC/roleblocker and someone who finds out half of the shit they do at night and so on and ao forth they'd probably reflexively puke. our roles IMPLYING the existence of a Jailkeeper & AC is just clever design imo, and via mod WIFOM it doesn't like... inform us unreasonably. it's just a trigger of stuff to look out for.

Mitillos' role as a de facto traitor-who-could-betray-us was a coinflip away from being a negative utility. his wincon was surviving 3 days, then going to have a snooze for his shiny c. 67% winrate; haven't run calcs based on mountainous or anything but it's probably higher than the other 3 factions' ev

┐(´д`)┌
I know I'm gonna be anti-"scumsided" naturally because I played my hardest, and I think Keyser and Performer were absolutely wonderful to work with (the best scumteam I've scummed with (though there are some close seconds :good:)). but like this is a conversation I remember seeing in Earthbound post-game and being like ".....oof yeah that was a cheap win" and that's not a feeling I have here.

I liked this setup. I would have liked being town in this setup even more. I would have liked being the witch, and I would have liked being the arso.

I don't often look at a setup and feel this way. even most of the opens I love leave me feeling like "fuck I'd hate to rand _____ here"
--
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #5274 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:51 pm

Post by the worst »

wow that's a lot more candid than I usually am post-game... if anyone feels offended hmu because I don't mean to imply anyone played poorly here. it's the kind of setup that's impossible to account for all possible factors in; there were moves made that were like technical misplays but incredibly difficult to anticipate.

I think there's a lesson to be learned wrt Kokichi's actions here. it was a gambit and I fucking lurve gambits and he nearly swung me into the range where a lack of quickhammer would have confscummed me. imo he got too attached to the gambit and stopped reading the gamestate.
--

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”