Micro 844: Geriatric Half Mast Nightless [Endgame]

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:00 am

Post by u r a person 2 »

would you mind sharing those reads that you're comfortable making
theslimer3
theslimer3
Mafia Scum
theslimer3
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:53 am

Post by theslimer3 »

In post 23, CheekyTeeky wrote:
In post 22, brassherald wrote:My thoughts are some people put way too much weight on RVS votes and I don't trust reads this super early, even my own.
When do you start feeling comfortable making reads? Is this something to do with being a lawyer?

How would we ever advance if we all sat around not weighing up people's initial posts?
In post 22, brassherald wrote:I'm not getting the plain English meaning of the words he is posting
Maybe it's the accent. I'm not letting you use this down the line to hedge a stance on our foreign friend btw.

I should save the rest of my posts for the morning. Gn glgl.
Ive had 6 years of scoffing at RVS and you come along being the only person to have it make sense to me, and it wasnt even directed at me
Im a black cat anyway.
GTKAS Slimer
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:16 am

Post by OkaPoka »

This might be the perfect playerlist to do this. Y'all wanna do some RAoPS? (Random Asking of Philosophy Stage) where we hit each other up with some philsophical questions about how we view the game should be played? Yes? Please? Yes?

10 posts every 24 hours is a lot lmao I don't think I really need to hardcore restrict myself.

First question should be, do you believe in lynching lylo liabilties (aka policy lynching people who are troll-y)?
theslimer3
theslimer3
Mafia Scum
theslimer3
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:56 am

Post by theslimer3 »

In post 27, OkaPoka wrote:This might be the perfect playerlist to do this. Y'all wanna do some RAoPS? (Random Asking of Philosophy Stage) where we hit each other up with some philsophical questions about how we view the game should be played? Yes? Please? Yes?

10 posts every 24 hours is a lot lmao I don't think I really need to hardcore restrict myself.

First question should be, do you believe in lynching lylo liabilties (aka policy lynching people who are troll-y)?
Yes. PLing trolling players early game is beneficial, as it prevents being lynchbait later on.

Besides, players that contribute next to nothing wont really be a scumtell
Im a black cat anyway.
GTKAS Slimer
theslimer3
theslimer3
Mafia Scum
theslimer3
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:56 am

Post by theslimer3 »

^and thats why you should do it
Im a black cat anyway.
GTKAS Slimer
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:23 am

Post by OkaPoka »

What about lurkers? Would you policy lynch people who actively prod doge etc.? If you scumread someone vs troll/lurker, do you pick the latter lynch early game?
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:36 am

Post by brassherald »

In post 30, OkaPoka wrote:What about lurkers? Would you policy lynch people who actively prod doge etc.? If you scumread someone vs troll/lurker, do you pick the latter lynch early game?
Why would you ever vote for a policy lynch over a legitimate scum read? That's just poor play. I spent a while crusading against Policy Lynching in general but have backed off that quite a bit since then, but lynchin g a scum read is obviously the better option here.

I don't do reads lists, however, I will share a few quick thoughts so far.

Shoshin is sus to me, its been a while since I'm around, but damn, the early townblocking looks like a big case of buddying to me, feel free for people to tell me why I'm wrong, I love being told I'm wrong.

VOTE: Shoshin

u r a person 2 has me frustrated with a comment about an obvious joke being an "endorsement" as if anyone in the world has ever fucking listened to me or that I am actually going to conserve my posts. But, that being said, I do get called awkward constantly, and I doubt shoshin and this person are both scum with the early town block of the two of them if there are two.

Oka, I want to know what you actually think about policylynching for reals, because I've been confused before when people are asking someone to clarify whether they believe the question, so please do that for me.

The rest of you can count on me reading your shit and sorting you as time goes, which is not to say I have not sorted you or that I have, just that if I have, I am choosing not to share at this time.

I'm a Wildcard.

-Brass Conservation Awkward Herald Awkward, Wildcard.
I've only made one good post, and don't you dare accuse me of doing it again.
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:05 am

Post by OkaPoka »

Most games I don't have good reads until later on(I can feel confident but usually they are trash reads), so as a result I've embraced the idea of clearing people I can't sort/most people can't sort early. Even if I have a scumread early, its usually based on some weak foundation so as a result I do like policy lynching over scumreads most of the time d1.

Of course exceptions occur if I have a strong enough scumread on someone.

I've seen how much trouble slots that are very difficult to sort have caused as maf, and won games that were undeserved because certain players were just too lynchable but made it to lylo. I've also clashed a lot with people I thought were scum, but ended up flipping my read on them, but when I scumread someone I tend to get into a 1v1 mode to force stuff so its usually a bad sign if I push someone early because it means the game gets zzz for everyone else. I try to steer clear of 1v1s best I can, but sometimes it just happens.

I don't know if I would consider my lynching preference as policy lynching, its more of creating a better environment for town to succeed later on. (And of course make it easier for me to sort people).

Especially with mountainous setups like these with no pr mechanics to save us, I think lynching the slot hardest to sort would be a good gameplan day 1.

That was a lot of rambly ideas. But I want to make this post a warning post to anyone who wants to meme this game and be purposely hard to sort because that's just rude.
---

Anyways since this is a mountainous setup, anyone else agree with my game plan of lynching lurk slots/troll slots day 1 if they appear?

I've played two mountainous setups "recently", both as scum, both won precisely because of some really fortunate slots decided to gift my team the win.
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:10 am

Post by brassherald »

Could you please link those two games?
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:13 am

Post by OkaPoka »

viewtopic.php?f=84&t=77358 (this game was with n_m) honestly winnable for town, lylo with 3v2, but n_m got kinda compromised lynched.

viewtopic.php?f=84&t=76784 replaced into a scum slot, had a lot of interesting players tho
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:16 am

Post by Shoshin »

brassherald's town based on his paranoia that I'm buddying via early townreads.

I don't like Oka's posting. Lots of words to say nothing.

VOTE: Oka
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:17 am

Post by OkaPoka »

Could you quote some words that say nothing?
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:43 am

Post by Shoshin »

In post 36, OkaPoka wrote:Could you quote some words that say nothing?
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:04 am

Post by u r a person 2 »

In post 31, brassherald wrote:u r a person 2 has me frustrated with a comment about an obvious joke being an "endorsement" as if anyone in the world has ever fucking listened to me or that I am actually going to conserve my posts. But, that being said, I do get called awkward constantly, and I doubt shoshin and this person are both scum with the early town block of the two of them if there are two.
Hey I'm sorry I called you awkward. I couldn't think of a better word at the time.

I have no idea whether people listen to you or not.

It was a read out of, and to move us out of, RVS. Recent postings read slightly town

I like the move to Oka. I don't understand why you would actively move us back towards a random whatever when we were already quickly leaving RVS. As sho insinuated, you used it as a chance to say nothing of value from a sorting perspective while looking active

VOTE: oka
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:31 am

Post by CheekyTeeky »

Oka, do you have any thoughts on what anyone here has posted so far?

@
-'---

In post 13, Shoshin wrote:u r a person 2 is town as well. I like how the game is going so far.
Shoshin could you please elaborate on why you townread U2 here?
In post 15, Shoshin wrote:Not sure yet. Scum can't afford too many townreads on town in this setup so challenging them early is plausible play from scum. At the same time, the "???" isn't how I see scum going about that. Feels more like genuine confusion at how anyone could have a townread so quick. So if I had to guess, maybe town?
In post 35, Shoshin wrote:brassherald's town based on his paranoia that I'm buddying via early townreads.
I'm not sure why you would bother suggesting that scum might be challenging your townreads, yet you townlean Aubrey for tone and townread Brass for paranoia after being the only players to challenge your townreads?

Does not compute.

@
-'---

U2 do you have any townreads apart from Shoshin thus far?

@
-'---

Brass why did you vote Shoshin over U2? It looked like you were heading towards voting U2 when you were talking about scum being more likely to waffle on in RVS. What are your thoughts on Oka?
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:39 am

Post by brassherald »

I'm not liking Oka, to be fully honest. I am not a fan of people who suggest policy lynches over voting for actual scum reads. I get that we don't have any PRs, but you should be able to play to tell the difference between, say, Not_Mafia and a scum player. I'm not sure if it's lazy or scum.

As to Shoshin over U2, it's mostly because I don't want to be making votes based on less logical and more emotional thinking. U2's post that was pinging me might have just been emphasized in my head because it was about me, and I don't want to do that and I didn't want to let myself do it. That being said, I may have over adjusted in my attempt to be more rational.

I still don't feel good Shoshin and I would also prefer to have that slot sorted early to U2 right now, as well. I am not really at real confidence in my reads just yet, so vote is more of a sorting vote/I can only vote for one person at a time vote.
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:45 am

Post by u r a person 2 »

In post 39, CheekyTeeky wrote:U2 do you have any townreads apart from Shoshin thus far?
I like the game you are playing right now, CT. I doubt it's out of your scum range, but it seems pro-town so far. We need some of that whirlwind Cheeky action in this game, imo. I think I'm maybe seeing the start of that?

my posts thus far are a pretty good indicator of what I'm thinking right now outside of the above
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:41 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

hard to do a proper take on everyone this early + not everyone has checked in but

I don't like shoshin too much because she seems to have a very high opinion of herself.
Brass is playing the "haha look im so awkward card" too much. Also I do not believe brass has truly endured the suffering of a scarring lylo situation.
I like slimer's opinion on the game. Feels like he has suffered/seen some free town wins gone down the drain, and the fact that he's adapting to it is a good sign.
As for you cheeky, I don't know. You are just different than DDU.

Yeah none of that is AI, but whatever.

Everyone else hasn't done enough stuff for me to have a take on them.
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:55 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

In post 42, OkaPoka wrote:I don't like shoshin too much because she seems to have a very high opinion of herself.
I want to say that usually comes from town but I'll resist that urge for now, I have no idea about this player's scumrange. I have heard rumours about her though which is actually the only reason I joined this geriatric game. In order words, tonally, this is what I expect from a possible town!Shoshin. Logically I'm not sure yet.
In post 42, OkaPoka wrote:I like slimer's opinion on the game. Feels like he has suffered/seen some free town wins gone down the drain, and the fact that he's adapting to it is a good sign.
Oh yeah, so this policy lynch theory, could you pseudo-hypothetically apply it here? Like if you had to PL the scumteam where would you go based on the almost zero info available?
In post 42, OkaPoka wrote:As for you cheeky, I don't know. You are just different than DDU.
If I'm not different then it should worry you more. You witnessed the great sausage scumreading me for being "different" to his folly so heed the warning. Secondly, this is a geriatric game which is challenging for CheekyTeeky's playstyle. I'll take what I can get in terms of learning new techniques while under these constraints though.
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:04 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

I don't think there is enough to policy lynch anyone (yet). The point is that hopefully this is enough warning shots to make sure nobody ever decides to dance with the idea of being policy lynched, because in the end I don't like policy-lynching, its more of a necessary evil. In that DDU game, if I were town, Not_mafia and saudade would have been cleaned up day 1.

But the greater picture is if I can get everyone on board with policy lynching individuals who do go the troll route, then nobody will ever dare to enter the "look at me im a troll" stage, so if u want, you can throw yourself behind this idea too.

Sausage was scum that game, so him scumreading you was probably just leaving his options open for a lynch. I guess I'll see whats-up as we go down further.
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:09 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

In post 44, OkaPoka wrote:Sausage was scum that game, so him scumreading you was probably just leaving his options open for a lynch. I guess I'll see whats-up as we go down further.
Lol no he townread me as the frozen caughtass scum he was. I was referring to that amazing trainwreck you spectated where A50 and I lost the game for town after our giant sausage fight.
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:17 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

viewtopic.php?f=83&t=77685

this one?

That game was just disgusting to watch. Though to be honest I thought you were scum that game, so I guess I can't actually read you. I'm hoping that town!you can find scum out day before lylo.

I need to stop posting and let others have fun.
Maestro hasn't posted btw guys.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:26 pm

Post by Shoshin »

In post 39, CheekyTeeky wrote:
In post 13, Shoshin wrote:u r a person 2 is town as well. I like how the game is going so far.
Shoshin could you please elaborate on why you townread U2 here?
I had just townread Slimer when U2 voted him, creating our first legit wagon. I think the action of building early wagons is pro-town, and I think it's a fairly reliable town tell when the wagoning vote comes onto a player (Slimer) who a townie (me) just townread.
In post 15, Shoshin wrote:Not sure yet. Scum can't afford too many townreads on town in this setup so challenging them early is plausible play from scum. At the same time, the "???" isn't how I see scum going about that. Feels more like genuine confusion at how anyone could have a townread so quick. So if I had to guess, maybe town?
In post 35, Shoshin wrote:brassherald's town based on his paranoia that I'm buddying via early townreads.
I'm not sure why you would bother suggesting that scum might be challenging your townreads, yet you townlean Aubrey for tone and townread Brass for paranoia after being the only players to challenge your townreads?
I don't have a read on Aubrey. I thought my qualifier "if I had to guess" made that clear?

Brass paranoia feels genuine because I don't think it's likely for scum to straight-up challenge a townblock this early right after I said that's what scum would do. I think scum Brass would have been a bit more self-consciously awkward about something like that.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:46 pm

Post by northsidegal »

-
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart
northsidegal