Springtrap
Goon
Springtrap
Goon
Goon

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:21 pm

Post by Springtrap »

VOTE: Trekkie

Based mainly on post #99. That is a horrible idea to do.
"He'll come back... He always does."
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:31 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 99, Trekkie99 wrote:I feel like it would be a good idea to lynch one of the neighbors, and depending on their flip we can get a better idea on what the remaining neighbor's allegiance is. For example if we lynch one and he flips scum, we can consider it more likely that the remaining neighbor could be town, and visa-versa. Of course if the neighbor we lynch flips town, we wouldn't automatically lynch the other neighbor, we would just simply keep in mind that there could be a higher chance of the remaining neighbor being scum.
I disagree that a town neighbor flip makes the other more likely scum. Honestly I do dislike Overkill’s mindset about the hood (not wanting to use it because it seems useless) but that’s not a scummy thing yet.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
0verki11
0verki11
they/he
Mafia Scum
0verki11
they/he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: they/he

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:53 pm

Post by 0verki11 »

In post 99, Trekkie99 wrote:I feel like it would be a good idea to lynch one of the neighbors, and depending on their flip we can get a better idea on what the remaining neighbor's allegiance is. For example if we lynch one and he flips scum, we can consider it more likely that the remaining neighbor could be town, and visa-versa. Of course if the neighbor we lynch flips town, we wouldn't automatically lynch the other neighbor, we would just simply keep in mind that there could be a higher chance of the remaining neighbor being scum.
Excuse me what.
'Lets lynch one neighbour so that we can work out the others alignment but dont lynch the other because we cant be sure of the others alignment.'
This post makes 0 sense
0verki11
0verki11
they/he
Mafia Scum
0verki11
they/he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:55 pm

Post by 0verki11 »

In post 101, Gamma Emerald wrote:
I disagree that a town neighbor flip makes the other more likely scum. Honestly I do dislike Overkill’s mindset about the hood (not wanting to use it because it seems useless) but that’s not a scummy thing yet.
Whats the point when I can just say everything in the thread during the day. I see the use of it at night but not really during the day.
Vorkuta
Vorkuta
Jack of All Trades
Vorkuta
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:29 pm

Post by Vorkuta »

In post 99, Trekkie99 wrote:one of the neighbors
Hypothetically, assuming you had your way, which one?

And guys- as dumb and ridiculous as #99 sounds, I think it comes from newb!town, not scum.
Jenga
Jenga
Townie
Jenga
Townie
Townie

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:12 pm

Post by Jenga »

singletonking what do you think of trekkie's 99?
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:20 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 103, 0verki11 wrote:
In post 101, Gamma Emerald wrote:
Whats the point when I can just say everything in the thread during the day. I see the use of it at night but not really during the day.
There’s ways to use it. You can draw out reads, try to get them to contradict what they say in the main thread, etc.
I’m at least glad you aren’t calling it useless at night.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Munchmellow
Munchmellow
Goon
Munchmellow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:48 pm

Post by Munchmellow »

In post 90, ofrhz wrote:
In post 36, Munchmellow wrote:
In post 29, ofrhz wrote:
In post 23, Munchmellow wrote:
In post 20, ofrhz wrote:Did you guys discuss and agree to out your neighborhood together?
No, no discussion.
What was your initial reaction in seeing ?
I was really surprised.
I guess there is logic behind it and overkill will explain it.
I feel like this doesn't really track with your entrance

If you were surprised by Overkill's post, why didn't you mention/question it when you first entered the thread?

VOTE: Munchmellow
I don't know, I just didn't.

You are implying I wasn't actually surprised, so I was lying about it. But being surprised doesn't have to do much with being town/scum but whether I knew about it or not. So if I wasn't actually surprised, I would have to know about it, so that would mean me and Overkill discussed it and are now both lying about it. What good would that do?
I just don't get your logic behind that vote.
PvtUrist
PvtUrist
Mafia Scum
PvtUrist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:36 pm

Post by PvtUrist »

Well hello there Gamma, glad to see you twisting my words already.

Current reads are semi-serious;
{Vorkuta, Jenga, Clemency, trekkie, ofrhz, texcat, munch, Overki11, Springtrap} null
{stk, EGL, Gamma} null-scum

Maybe it'll get some conversations going.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:40 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 96, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 47, PvtUrist wrote:Well singleton, is there anything here you
do
like?
Shade noted
Assume you mean this by twisting words? What did you mean by what I quoted in that case?
<Embrace The Void>

PvtUrist
PvtUrist
Mafia Scum
PvtUrist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:47 pm

Post by PvtUrist »

In post 44, singletonking wrote:
In post 21, Springtrap wrote:A neighborhood? Do they have day and nightchat or is it just during the day?
VOTE: Springtrap
I don't like that he opened with a question regarding whatever's been discussed, rather than coming up with his own content.

I also dislike PvtUrist for calling Munch overdefensive.
stk comes in making negative remarks 2/2. #108 not so much allignment indicative, more of my personal dislike of negative things.

Simliar story for
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:50 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Excuse me, how the fuck is 95 twisting words?
<Embrace The Void>

PvtUrist
PvtUrist
Mafia Scum
PvtUrist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:09 pm

Post by PvtUrist »

Alright, let's clarify things.

Spoiler: #95
In post 95, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 37, PvtUrist wrote:
In post 36, Munchmellow wrote:Are you suggesting we should copy paste sth from our private thread, because that would be clearly against the rules.
Overly defensive. Not the best first impression here, Munch.
No that’s a valid reaction.

The general consensus was that Munch's response was valid, and I was convinced so after being called out by Munch and EGL.

Spoiler: #65, my response
In post 65, PvtUrist wrote:
In post 61, singletonking wrote: How is Munch's assumption unreasonable, and how is it overdefensive?
Unreasonable? Not so in hindsight. Overdefensive? Up to you to interpret why I said so.

You're the third vote on me singleton, I'll be mindful of that.

Calling Munch "overdefensive" was more RVS/semi-serious to see how she'd react, if I was too much then blame stk for starting the negativity first.

Your remark was uncalled for and felt more like scum!Gamma subtle shade/posting for content than anything genuine.

Why the aggressiveness Gamma? Was I correct for calling you out and reading you as null-scum?
0verki11
0verki11
they/he
Mafia Scum
0verki11
they/he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:40 pm

Post by 0verki11 »

In post 108, PvtUrist wrote:Well hello there Gamma, glad to see you twisting my words already.

Current reads are semi-serious;
{Vorkuta, Jenga, Clemency, trekkie, ofrhz, texcat, munch, Overki11, Springtrap} null
{stk, EGL, Gamma} null-scum

Maybe it'll get some conversations going.
If youre trying to make discussion then posting Null reads isnt that right way to do it.
PvtUrist
PvtUrist
Mafia Scum
PvtUrist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:49 pm

Post by PvtUrist »

In post 113, 0verki11 wrote: If youre trying to make discussion then posting Null reads isnt that right way to do it.
I'm open to suggestions. I'd rather be dull than to fake town-reads because I'm not entirely sure about this game at all right now.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:59 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 112, PvtUrist wrote:Alright, let's clarify things.

Spoiler: #95
In post 95, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 37, PvtUrist wrote:
In post 36, Munchmellow wrote:Are you suggesting we should copy paste sth from our private thread, because that would be clearly against the rules.
Overly defensive. Not the best first impression here, Munch.
No that’s a valid reaction.

The general consensus was that Munch's response was valid, and I was convinced so after being called out by Munch and EGL.

Spoiler: #65, my response
In post 65, PvtUrist wrote:
In post 61, singletonking wrote: How is Munch's assumption unreasonable, and how is it overdefensive?
Unreasonable? Not so in hindsight. Overdefensive? Up to you to interpret why I said so.

You're the third vote on me singleton, I'll be mindful of that.

Calling Munch "overdefensive" was more RVS/semi-serious to see how she'd react, if I was too much then blame stk for starting the negativity first.

Your remark was uncalled for and felt more like scum!Gamma subtle shade/posting for content than anything genuine.

Why the aggressiveness Gamma? Was I correct for calling you out and reading you as null-scum?
The aggressiveness is because you’re accusing me of twisting words when nothing shown here seems to indicate that. And excuse me for responding late and giving a response multiple people already gave. Not like I should be vocalizing my thoughts anyway so I can engage with people. And how is “no that’s valid” uncalled for? You make it sound like I stabbed someone over that comment.
<Embrace The Void>

PvtUrist
PvtUrist
Mafia Scum
PvtUrist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:09 pm

Post by PvtUrist »

In post 115, Gamma Emerald wrote:giving a response multiple people already gave
Exactly that.

No no, not stab. Just very slight shade throwing.
singletonking
singletonking
Mafia Scum
singletonking
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:40 am

Post by singletonking »

I don't think a lot of things related to the use of neighbourhoods pointed out is scummy and rather NAI.
I don't have a problem with Overkill outing the neighbourhood. While I think it is weird and anti-town I buy that he does it habitually and I see no reason to suspect him for it. However, I do like Texcat's reasoning in and slightly lean town on her for that.

I also disagree with Trekkie's being scummy, despite disagreeing with the post. I often see new townies suggest weird mechanical stuff on the setup and end up getting lynched for it, and I think it is equally likely from town!Trekkie and scum!Trekkie.

@Jenga that answers . Incidentally, what's your opinion on that post?
On indefinite hiatus from playing Mafia.
singletonking
singletonking
Mafia Scum
singletonking
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:49 am

Post by singletonking »

In post 107, Munchmellow wrote:
In post 90, ofrhz wrote:
In post 36, Munchmellow wrote:
In post 29, ofrhz wrote:
In post 23, Munchmellow wrote:
In post 20, ofrhz wrote:Did you guys discuss and agree to out your neighborhood together?
No, no discussion.
What was your initial reaction in seeing ?
I was really surprised.
I guess there is logic behind it and overkill will explain it.
I feel like this doesn't really track with your entrance

If you were surprised by Overkill's post, why didn't you mention/question it when you first entered the thread?

VOTE: Munchmellow
I don't know, I just didn't.

You are implying I wasn't actually surprised, so I was lying about it. But being surprised doesn't have to do much with being town/scum but whether I knew about it or not. So if I wasn't actually surprised, I would have to know about it, so that would mean me and Overkill discussed it and are now both lying about it. What good would that do?
I just don't get your logic behind that vote.
Actually I want to echo ofrhz's concern on the post:
I did find it weird that you didn't care about Overkill outing the neighbourhood at all, especially if there was no discussion before that. I expect people to dislike a hood getting outed like that. The problem isn't you faking surprise, but you not immediately mentioning your surprise.
singletonking
singletonking
Mafia Scum
singletonking
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:50 am

Post by singletonking »

Tbh I'm starting to see why people are calling Munch defensive
Trekkie99
Trekkie99
Goon
Trekkie99
Goon
Goon

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:57 am

Post by Trekkie99 »

In post 102, 0verki11 wrote:Excuse me what.
'Lets lynch one neighbour so that we can work out the others alignment but dont lynch the other because we cant be sure of the others alignment.'
This post makes 0 sense
Well it it doesn't sound like such a good idea when you put it that way lol.
I like having semi alignment confirmed players in the game. Makes things more interesting. You can trust a semi town confirmed player a little more than everyone else, and visa-versa for a semi scum confirmed player.
singletonking
singletonking
Mafia Scum
singletonking
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:06 am

Post by singletonking »

I think that one player flipping scum would make the other locktown but I don't agree vice versa at all.
Trekkie99
Trekkie99
Goon
Trekkie99
Goon
Goon

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:27 am

Post by Trekkie99 »

In post 121, singletonking wrote:but I don't agree vice versa at all.
Why not?
Vorkuta
Vorkuta
Jack of All Trades
Vorkuta
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:35 am

Post by Vorkuta »

So trekkie- are you DEAD SET on the neighborhood being T&S?
I'm leaning toward T&T, while I think it's up in the air for most other people- that's why a green flip won't give us a lot.
Also
In post 104, Vorkuta wrote:Hypothetically, assuming you had your way, which one?
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:01 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 116, PvtUrist wrote:
In post 115, Gamma Emerald wrote:giving a response multiple people already gave
Exactly that.

No no, not stab. Just very slight shade throwing.
Yeah that’s not a fucking scumtell, especially for me

As for the shade throwing, dude, chill? What shade did you feel was in that comment? I was literally just saying I disagreed. If you think that’s shading you, get some thicker skin.
<Embrace The Void>

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”