Micro 844: Geriatric Half Mast Nightless [Endgame]

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:46 pm

Post by northsidegal »

Votecount 1.1

CheekyTeeky (1):
OkaPoka
theslimer3 (1):
no lunch
no lunch (1):
CheekyTeeky
Shoshin (1):
brassherald
OkaPoka (2):
Shoshin , u r a person 2

No Lynch (1):
theslimer3

Not voting (2):
Maestro, Aubrey

With 9 alive, it’s 5 to lynch. The Day 1 deadline is in (expired on 2019-01-13 15:49:59).
Last edited by northsidegal on Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart
Aubrey
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:18 pm

Post by Aubrey »

I'm kinda liking U-r-a-Person-2's demeanor so far.

--

Shoshin is someone I have a raised eyebrow on. The first read came across as a potential fabrication. Now that she has explained it, I understand it better, but I'm still not on board with her reasoning.
"First person generating a wagon = town"
. And as far as I'm concerned, 2 votes doesn't make a wagon right out the gate. I don't know what to make of the Bass read yet.

I do like the energy being put out right at the beginning of the game though.

--

I've had the pleasure of briefly seeing Cheeky's scumplay as we were both partners at one time. And by pleasure I mean she constantly attacked me left and right. :lol: Totally two different scum players. How's it been dude?

--

I fear Oka is going to be a pain for me to read and grasp. It's so spontaneous. The way he writes is perfect for his avatar though.

--

I haven't put much thought into Brass. The only thing that stuck out to me was the sense of anger after receiving criticism from U-r-a-Person. it didn't seem necessary, but I don't know how indicative that is to either alignment.
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:02 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

Slimer, you remember that Newbie game where we established RQS is scummy post-game? I'm surprised Oka didn't ping you and instead you answered his question. Any feelings about Oka and others?

@
-'---

In post 46, OkaPoka wrote:this one?

That game was just disgusting to watch.
You're a diddle head for linking that btw <3. Yep that one.

@
-'---

In post 51, Aubrey wrote:I've had the pleasure of briefly seeing Cheeky's scumplay as we were both partners at one time. And by pleasure I mean she constantly attacked me left and right. Totally two different scum players. How's it been dude?
Oh! I thought I recognised you. Yeah the bussing days were fun, I'm glad you guys still managed a win in the end. It's been sweet.

I'm worried you're scum here though :/

@
-'---

In post 47, Shoshin wrote:I had just townread Slimer when U2 voted him, creating our first legit wagon. I think the action of building early wagons is pro-town, and I think it's a fairly reliable town tell when the wagoning vote comes onto a player (Slimer) who a townie (me) just townread.
Thanks! Has your read changed since this point? What do you make of him town blocking you and promptly changing the vote you initially townread him for? Does his sheeping bother you?
Aubrey
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:45 pm

Post by Aubrey »

In post 52, CheekyTeeky wrote:I'm worried you're scum here though :/
:(
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:55 pm

Post by Shoshin »

In post 52, CheekyTeeky wrote:Thanks! Has your read changed since this point? What do you make of him town blocking you and promptly changing the vote you initially townread him for? Does his sheeping bother you?
Still town. His initial response to my townread was very towny (asking my thoughts on Aubrey seemed like a genuine attempt to sort me) and the follow-up "town blocking" made sense as a trajectory. Changing votes is expected this early in the game. And sheeping doesn't bother me, no.
no lunch
no lunch
Goon
no lunch
Goon
Goon

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:33 am

Post by no lunch »

In post 8, Shoshin wrote:theslimer's probably town. If scum, I doubt he starts the game by needlessly attracting attention to himself.
The more I think back to it, the less fond of this stance I am.

Could you please explain why you believe voting me is drawing attention to one's self in a way that is town indicative?
no lunch
no lunch
Goon
no lunch
Goon
Goon

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:34 am

Post by no lunch »

In post 35, Shoshin wrote:brassherald's town based on his paranoia that I'm buddying via early townreads.

I don't like Oka's posting. Lots of words to say nothing.

VOTE: Oka
Still want an answer to mh previous question. But this is a good vote.

VOTE: OkaPoka
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:46 am

Post by CheekyTeeky »

On rereading the thread I just realised how distracting my roses as dividers were so, sorry! I probably took the "edit" part of geriatric too seriously. >.> they're pretty but once is fine...

On another note: more votes on No Lunch please.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:31 am

Post by Shoshin »

In post 57, CheekyTeeky wrote:On another note: more votes on No Lunch please.
Why not Oka? What don't you like about NL?
theslimer3
theslimer3
Mafia Scum
theslimer3
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:26 am

Post by theslimer3 »

In post 52, CheekyTeeky wrote:Slimer, you remember that Newbie game where we established RQS is scummy post-game? I'm surprised Oka didn't ping you and instead you answered his question. Any feelings about Oka and others?

@
-'---

In post 46, OkaPoka wrote:this one?

That game was just disgusting to watch.
You're a diddle head for linking that btw <3. Yep that one.

@
-'---

In post 51, Aubrey wrote:I've had the pleasure of briefly seeing Cheeky's scumplay as we were both partners at one time. And by pleasure I mean she constantly attacked me left and right. Totally two different scum players. How's it been dude?
Oh! I thought I recognised you. Yeah the bussing days were fun, I'm glad you guys still managed a win in the end. It's been sweet.

I'm worried you're scum here though :/

@
-'---

In post 47, Shoshin wrote:I had just townread Slimer when U2 voted him, creating our first legit wagon. I think the action of building early wagons is pro-town, and I think it's a fairly reliable town tell when the wagoning vote comes onto a player (Slimer) who a townie (me) just townread.
Thanks! Has your read changed since this point? What do you make of him town blocking you and promptly changing the vote you initially townread him for? Does his sheeping bother you?
Well he seems to agree, and he had an agenda while asking the question (lynching lurkers/trolls) so I dont think the question was just to do a gotcha on people who answer.

But honestly, I dont see how any of you can distinguish between a troll and scum. I've come across plenty of trolls and lurkers who ended up flipping scum. Why do they get a pass for a possible scum read?
Im a black cat anyway.
GTKAS Slimer
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:30 am

Post by CheekyTeeky »

In post 58, Shoshin wrote:
I have a funny feeling Oka is town even though I can see a few aspects of his scum meta here. It's actually quite frustrating that our posting is restricted because I'm finding that it obscures my ability to use meta.

In a haphazard way by adding up all his thoughts I think I can account for all my issues with his slot and lump him into the good ol' town basket.

Also, his wagon make up, namely U2 and NL, doesn't look too appetising from my pov.

NL is a case similar to Aubrey. Both made terrible entrances into the game. Following that, It's both what they didn't talk about and when they did talk, what it was they chose to comment on.

Slimer asked a very pertinent question in , which NL seemed to skip over, she skipped over any reaction to my weirdass entrance posts, before jumping back to Shoshin, acting like she didn't also misinterpret Slimer's RVS vote as a serious vote for a No Lynch...she then jumps on the same wagon as her only other suspect before even waiting for a response.

It all reads to me like she's hoping we won't look too closely if she's not too loud or strange.

Also, I did a quick meta skim and she seems to have more elaborate posts (+ more personality) in non-geriatric games. Isn't that strange!

It's 2am so I'm not very concise atm. But this is vaguely what I'm looking at with these two.

Pedit Hi Slimer - it's bothering me that you haven't confirmed or corrected your vote. You're currently viting for a No Lynch - if it's intentional that's fine but please just say so.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:49 am

Post by Shoshin »

In post 60, CheekyTeeky wrote:I have a funny feeling Oka is town even though I can see a few aspects of his scum meta here.
What's the difference between Oka's town/scum meta?
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:57 am

Post by CheekyTeeky »

In post 61, Shoshin wrote:
In post 60, CheekyTeeky wrote:I have a funny feeling Oka is town even though I can see a few aspects of his scum meta here.
What's the difference between Oka's town/scum meta?
How long is a piece of string?

Here's some transparency of my thoughts if it helps.

- Oka's waffling is scummy.
- His intent to play using geriatric rules is genuine with no hidden agenda.
- His intent to PL is towny; though his reasoning seems contradictory in parts.
- His independent thoughts, particularly on Shoshin and Brass seem townie but he doesn't really talk about tells that are AI, nor does he give AI stances.
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:29 am

Post by brassherald »

In post 62, CheekyTeeky wrote: - His intent to PL is towny; though his reasoning seems contradictory in parts.
Could you expand on the towny part of this?

I definitely see the contradictory thing, but I'm not sure I understand how its towny.

Maybe I am misremembering and I guess I could go back and read but.... no, didn't he basically say he'd like to lynch town people because he doesn't believe that they can succeed in LYLO? How's that town?

Also, just as a side note, I don't plan to let this go to LYLO, so why am I lynching to win at LYLO? I just want to lynch scum and chew bubblegum, and I'm all out of bubble... wait, I found more!

But, let's still lynch scum rather than think about LYLO, maybe?

-Brass Conservation Awkward Herald Awkward, Wildcard, Bubble Gum Chewer
I've only made one good post, and don't you dare accuse me of doing it again.
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:41 am

Post by CheekyTeeky »

Brass, I don't really want to turn this into an argument about people's play preferences. The point is that Oka has advocated for PLs before as town, and I believe his reasons for believing it is the optimal play are genuine. He is a good scum player, when I was trying to organise lynches for towns best success based on reads and VCA/NKA, he kept pushing for slightly scummy slots that were on the right track over trolls and lurkers. So in a way he's playing against what he would believe to be his scum wincon by encouraging PLs early.

You're preaching to the choir, I am not a fan of PLs, if I'm really stuck for a scumread I'd prefer to lynch a high info slot with scum equity but that's beside the point.

I may have surpassed my post limit. Will count in the morning. Gn!
Aubrey
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:34 am

Post by Aubrey »

What topic were you expecting me to talk about?

What is the issue against NL?
theslimer3
theslimer3
Mafia Scum
theslimer3
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:37 am

Post by theslimer3 »

UNVOTE:
My b
Im a black cat anyway.
GTKAS Slimer
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:19 am

Post by u r a person 2 »

Cheeky is killing it thus far. Strongest read right now is town!cheeky. I don't see an agenda outside of aggressively moving us out of rvs and scum hunting

I'm leaning town on Aubrey. I love his first two posts, and the thinking in his reads is fine.

Town lean on oka. Half sheep of cheeky, half me rereading their reasoning re PLs and softening on it
103-11 0-2
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:19 am

Post by u r a person 2 »

I'm scum reading Slimer. Their entrance is fine, but is odd because a)it's obvious no lynching is silly and they know it. b) if they actually are serious about wanting to discuss it, that discussion would be a tedious waste of space

is filler and potential low key buddying

and - I might be conf biasing this because I really don't like it when I see every post someone makes as scummy, but they seem very happy to engage in a theory discussion

And then finally
In post 59, theslimer3 wrote:But honestly, I dont see how any of you can distinguish between a troll and scum. I've come across plenty of trolls and lurkers who ended up flipping scum. Why do they get a pass for a possible scum read?
This is the best example of scumhunting in slimer's iso and they are shading theoretical trolls.

VOTE: slimer
103-11 0-2
no lunch
no lunch
Goon
no lunch
Goon
Goon

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:15 am

Post by no lunch »

In post 58, Shoshin wrote:
Don't mind Cheeky, she suffers from the unfortunate condition of Mafia Alignment.

Talk to me about slimer?
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:12 am

Post by northsidegal »

Prodding Maestro.
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart
theslimer3
theslimer3
Mafia Scum
theslimer3
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:19 am

Post by theslimer3 »

So essentially your case is that I tried no lynching at the beginning of the game, possible buddying,disagreeing with my thoughts in lynching trolls/lurkers, and the fact that i havent started scumhunting yet?

Am i missing anything?
Im a black cat anyway.
GTKAS Slimer
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:21 am

Post by u r a person 2 »

that's a fair representation, yeah