Micro 844: Geriatric Half Mast Nightless [Endgame]

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:33 pm

Post by brassherald »

Yo, Cheeky, I think someone else said it was 2 mafia. I just assumed it was right.

Like, legitimately, going to say someone else might have town slipped, but I don't remember who or really care to check.

I would prefer it if people don't give me a free pass because I don't read since this will just give me more incentive not to read. (Not that I need it)
I've only made one good post, and don't you dare accuse me of doing it again.
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:57 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

In post 31, brassherald wrote:I doubt shoshin and this person are both scum with the early town block of the two of them if there are two.
Oh it wasn't your second post. I didn't notice anyone else mention a scumteam of 2? Please quote it.
In post 79, brassherald wrote:
In post 69, no lunch wrote:
In post 58, Shoshin wrote:
In post 57, CheekyTeeky wrote:On another note: more votes on No Lunch please.
Why not Oka? What don't you like about NL?
Don't mind Cheeky, she suffers from the unfortunate condition of Mafia Alignment.

Talk to me about slimer?
So, are you at Cheeky/Oka as your best guess as the scum team?

I would assume you think Oka is scum because you voted him.
Assuming you were genuine in your first "townslip" I think it's reasonable to also assume that you would've checked the OP at some point to see how many scum you were actually looking for. Reiterating the slip is meh.

Some reads please Brass? I'm not letting you keep your cards held to your chest while you distract us with busywork anymore. You need to be more transparent if you are town.
no lunch
no lunch
Goon
no lunch
Goon
Goon

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:59 pm

Post by no lunch »

In post 99, CheekyTeeky wrote:Yay! Good work team. Great posting.

VOTE: U2

I think theslimer wagon is bad, I'm pretty confident he's town.

Oka I think the issue with adopting your philosophy here is that given this set up - mountainous nightless - scum are forced to act more towny than they would in a normal night action game since they can't kill off people who are on the right track/obv town. Therefore scum have more motivation to look towny. I think looking for "busywork"/hidden agendas/LAMIST behaviour is our best bet here.

Speaking of LAMIST, Brass "town slipping" is gross tbh. The first time he did it, in his second post I think, I wanted to see if anyone noticed. The way NL pointed it out feels forced, like I don't think saying "oh no my townread townslipped" is a genuine thought to have. If NL has been paying enough attention to notice Brass' slip then surely she would have noticed other things that she could comment on if she were actually scumhunting.

:thinking:

(I am so proud to waste a geriatric post on this one word reaction :))
no lunch
no lunch
Goon
no lunch
Goon
Goon

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:00 pm

Post by no lunch »

Okay I believe I may need to be more elaborate. Is anybody else having the hairs on the back of their neck standing up by the way Cheeky is talking about scum's incentive to play the LAMIST card while relentlessly LAMISTing?
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:14 pm

Post by brassherald »

Okay, I'm even dumber than I thought, someone else said two in a different game, I said two early because I thought this was that game when I was posting originally, and now, I'm just a real idiot, so it was all me, I am wrong and like, that's really all I can say, I know you don't really believe me, Cheeky, but I can only report the news, not force you to believe.

I still think shoshin's handing out town reads like it's candy on Halloween is suspicious, which is why my vote has not changed.

I could see U2 as scum, but I feel he has moved more towards townie than scum since my last post and Shoshin has not.

You have been rubbing me wrong the whole game for some reason, Cheeky, but I can't put my finger on why so I haven't really brought it up because I don't want to try to sell a gut feel to anyone else, but I don't understand this push on no lunch at all, he's null on my reads, and I generally have fewer town reads than anyone on the site from my recollection.

Aubrey does not have enough content for me to be confident with but I'm not feeling that as scum anymore.

Slimer looks cool now, slimer is the town block.

I need more from No Lunch and Maestro.

For the first time ever, I'm going to provide a tiered read list, insert this anywhere you want, and it'll still be valid.
Town: {Me}
Scum: {It's everyone else, isn't it? I've lost}
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:21 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

In post 103, no lunch wrote:Okay I believe I may need to be more elaborate. Is anybody else having the hairs on the back of their neck standing up by the way Cheeky is talking about scum's incentive to play the LAMIST card while relentlessly LAMISTing?
So we understand each other, please define LAMIST behaviour and elaborate on how any of my actions look LAMIST to you.

In post 104, brassherald wrote:I still think shoshin's handing out town reads like it's candy on Halloween is suspicious, which is why my vote has not changed.
Please tell me how this benefits scum!Shoshin.
Aubrey
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:44 pm

Post by Aubrey »

In post 93, Shoshin wrote:The real question is why you aren't?
I have town pings, but nothing near as absolute as you.
In post 95, theslimer3 wrote:But I dont think I can see the game the same way shoshin does. I much more prefer to conclude things rather than assume things more based on probability
Probability is fine, but the absolutism is what jars me. I tend to think scum have a more absolutistic mindset than town. Town usually move reads all over the place while I think it harder for scum to do that organically, so they root themselves a bit in their reads. The only difference here is that she has so many reads where I think scum like to put out only what they need.
In post 96, OkaPoka wrote:Townslipping does not exist
Agree. Slipping is when you have info you don't want others know, but accidentally say it. I thought NL was joking when he said that.
In post 82, brassherald wrote:Oh, shit, I am bad at the game. I've been looking for a team of two when it says in a post I didn't read that it's three.
I don't see why scum can't fake this.
In post 93, Shoshin wrote:NL's town because of the way he revisited/questioned my early townread on Slimer
I don't get this. You have one person voting you, and another person pressing you. Why wouldn't a scum NL backtrack?
In post 93, Shoshin wrote:Cheeky's town because she's engaging the game with a level of drive that doesn't come from scum
Her engagement feels similar to Ur-a-person-2, yet he is lower on your list.
In post 96, OkaPoka wrote:Nothing slimer has done is AI.
I kinda agree with this. I would expect something of a read from him by now. The only thing I see in his favor is him playing like a newer player if he is scum.

Everyone:
"WE WANT READS" *VOTE VOTE VOTE*

Slimer:
"Idk."
*Votes someone voting him*

This isn't a good enough reason to town lean him though, but I'm not ready to put someone at L1.
In post 104, brassherald wrote:I still think shoshin's handing out town reads like it's candy on Halloween is suspicious, which is why my vote has not changed.
Thank you. I like the fact you're going after someone who isn't a popular choice. VOTE: Shoshin
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:02 pm

Post by Shoshin »

In post 103, no lunch wrote:Okay I believe I may need to be more elaborate. Is anybody else having the hairs on the back of their neck standing up by the way Cheeky is talking about scum's incentive to play the LAMIST card while relentlessly LAMISTing?
If Cheeky's scum, why vote U2 here? Are you thinking it's Cheeky/Slimer? If so, who's the third?

I don't think you should keep scumreading me for things I regularly do as town.
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:11 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

Cool. Aubrey is town.

{Shoshin, OkaPoka, theslimer3, Aubrey}
{brassherald}
{Maestro, no lunch, u r a person 2}
no lunch
no lunch
Goon
no lunch
Goon
Goon

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:58 pm

Post by no lunch »

In post 105, CheekyTeeky wrote:So we understand each other, please define LAMIST behaviour and elaborate on how any of my actions look LAMIST to you.
no you first
no lunch
no lunch
Goon
no lunch
Goon
Goon

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:00 pm

Post by no lunch »

if there isn't scum between Cheeky and Shoshin I'll retire. handing out townreads everywhere in a game where 1/3 of the list is scum, is hilarious.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:16 pm

Post by Shoshin »

In post 108, CheekyTeeky wrote:{Shoshin, OkaPoka, theslimer3, Aubrey}
{brassherald}
Why is Slimer/Oka/Aubrey town? And why is NL/U2 scum? And why aren't you giving any weight to the obvious town slips from Brass/Maestro? Everything about your reads feels off.

In post 110, no lunch wrote:if there isn't scum between Cheeky and Shoshin I'll retire. handing out townreads everywhere in a game where 1/3 of the list is scum, is hilarious.
You might be right about Cheeky. Her townreads (other than me) are terrible.

I'm disappointed you lob me in with her. My reads look nothing like hers, and it's not scummy for me to townread players for towny behaviors, regardless of town/scum ratio. I'm especially disappointed that you're stoking paranoia about me in the current gamestate when I've already got some votes on me. If you let me get mislynched, you might want to consider retirement even if Cheeky flips scum.
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:51 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

In post 111, Shoshin wrote:Why is Slimer/Oka/Aubrey town? And why is NL/U2 scum? And why aren't you giving any weight to the obvious town slips from Brass/Maestro? Everything about your reads feels off.
Are you actually reading the game? When I stated Slimer was town and then voted U2 earlier you had no qualm, why are my reads surprising now? Slimer and Aubrey feel like they have no agenda, they're not trying to be townread. I've already discussed Oka, NL and my thoughts on the slip. I'm disappointed.
In post 111, Shoshin wrote:My reads look nothing like hers
Could you list them please?
In post 111, Shoshin wrote:You might be right about Cheeky. Her townreads (other than me) are terrible.
Do you usually think that having correct reads is AI? How is listing said awful reads beneficial for scum!Cheeky?
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:11 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

In post 108, CheekyTeeky wrote:{Shoshin, OkaPoka, theslimer3, Aubrey}
{brassherald}
For fun let's say that I accept the slips at face value. My list then looks like this:

{Brassherald, OkaPoka, theslimer3, Aubrey, Maestro}
{Shoshin, no lunch, u r a person 2}

Is this why you're changing your tact now? Because I've nailed your other two buddies and you need to break up my town reads or you're effed?
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:28 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

Cheeky's weird, but always weird. Her alignment is contingent on the accuracy of her reads.
---
Brassherald, I've played PYP with you. Why weren't you like this? Or why aren't you like you were in PYP?
---
no lunch you are voting slimer?
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:18 am

Post by brassherald »

Invisible was obvscum in PYP early on and I was in a really bad place, personally, then. Specifically, my relationship with my fiance was falling apart and I played different because of that. I'm an emotional guy.

As to how handing out TRs helps scum, its the long con, I saw rb do it once where he handed out town reads and acted like he was bussing his team, but as the deadline approached, he'd inevitably "compromise" and lynch town.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:20 am

Post by northsidegal »

Votecount 1.3

Shoshin (2):
brassherald , Aubrey
OkaPoka (1):
Shoshin
theslimer3 (3):
u r a person 2 , no lunch , Maestro
Maestro (1):
theslimer3
u r a person 2 (2):
OkaPoka , CheekyTeeky

Not voting (0):

With 9 alive, it’s 5 to lynch. The Day 1 deadline is in (expired on 2019-01-13 15:49:59).
Last edited by northsidegal on Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:46 am

Post by u r a person 2 »

In post 99, CheekyTeeky wrote:Oka I think the issue with adopting your philosophy here is that given this set up - mountainous nightless - scum are forced to act more towny than they would in a normal night action game since they can't kill off people who are on the right track/obv town. Therefore scum have more motivation to look towny. I think looking for "busywork"/hidden agendas/LAMIST behaviour is our best bet here.
If anything, town's motivation to obv!town should be even greater than scum's increased motivation levels. PR's don't have to worry about night kills, and without night kills, obv!town are basically bulletproof IC's (or something, im not a mechanics/role expert)

I think this worldview that you've constructed is probably contributing to your slimer read. You say his posts have no agenda and he isn't seeking town reads on himself. Those are true statements.

I describe slimer's game differently: "I have no reads."

I could see how you could get from the quoted worldview to a town!slimer read, but at the end of the day town binning someone for saying "I have no reads." simply must be bad.

Thoughts on this, Cheeky?

Further, if you are town, I imagine that you're reading me incorrectly for similar reasons to 1905, where you also read me incorrectly.
103-11 0-2
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:47 am

Post by u r a person 2 »

sorry for messing up your pronouns in that post, slimer
103-11 0-2
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:21 am

Post by u r a person 2 »

@oka
You came in here arguing for policy lynching trolls and lurkers.

now you are voting for me.

Was the policy lynch discussion a means to get out of rvs?

Do you believe I am either a troll or a lurker?

Why not vote for maestro or slimer? Certainly slimer would qualify as an active lurker?

I'm not sure what the right question is so feel free to answer all/some or something else entirely. I'm just trying to get inside your head as to why you went from advocating for policy lynches to voting me.

What does it mean that I'm getting scary close to how you played in DDU?
103-11 0-2
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:56 am

Post by Shoshin »

In post 112, CheekyTeeky wrote: Are you actually reading the game? When I stated Slimer was town and then voted U2 earlier you had no qualm, why are my reads surprising now? Slimer and Aubrey feel like they have no agenda, they're not trying to be townread. I've already discussed Oka, NL and my thoughts on the slip. I'm disappointed.
Are you reading the game? I guess you missed the post where I said all the scum are in the group of U2, Oka, Aubrey, and Slimer, meaning votes on U2 are okay, townreads on Slimer/Oka/Aubrey aren't.

I'm obviously struggling to understand how you've come to the reads you have, so why suddenly so guarded about your reasoning?

On Oka, you said he's playing similar to his scum meta by waffling & his reasoning seems contradictory, but he's town anyway because he wants to policy lynch, he's genuinely using the geriatric rules in a geriatric game, and he's giving independent thoughts that don't have any connection to actual scumhunting. Based on what you've said so far, why aren't you scumreading this slot, let alone townreading it?

On Slimer/Aubrey, what do you mean "no agenda"? That sounds like you're saying they aren't scummy, not that they're affirmatively town. I want to know why you're actively townreading them, not why they're null. Why are they townier than Brass/Maestro?

On U2, you've said nothing. Why is he scummier than NL/Slimer/Aubrey?

On NL, you seem to be suggesting he's scum because he's trying to avoid attention by intentionally ignoring questions/posts? Is there something else?

In post 113, CheekyTeeky wrote:For fun let's say that I accept the slips at face value. My list then looks like this:

{Brassherald, OkaPoka, theslimer3, Aubrey, Maestro}
{Shoshin, no lunch, u r a person 2}

Is this why you're changing your tact now? Because I've nailed your other two buddies and you need to break up my town reads or you're effed?
What "tact" did I change? Why is Oka/Slimer/Aubrey townier than me?
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:55 am

Post by CheekyTeeky »

Brass, trust me on slimer, I have played with scum slimer and this isn't it. I have played with scum Oka and this isn't it. I have played with scum Aubrey and surprise! This isn't it. If I scumread you I would have put you at the bottom of my list, I'm struggling to sort your intent but based on my addition to the first two scum members I found on page 1 (I'm that good xx) I think you have to be town.

If people actually look at the interactions between Shoshin/U2/NL you would know this team makes sense. E.g. Neither will vote each other, they're talking past each other/not answering each others questions/their townreads on each other smell like ass.

@Oka would you move to Shoshin?

VOTE: Shoshin
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:00 am

Post by Shoshin »

VOTE: Cheeky
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:12 am

Post by u r a person 2 »

In post 121, CheekyTeeky wrote:(I'm that good xx)
unfortunately, not this game you aren't

It rubs against the grain for me to lift a pressure vote meant to get reads after receiving only "I have no reads." I wouldn't let someone in their very first game off the hook with that answer, lol.

So maybe you could help me out here and show me why you're so sure on Slimer?

This is the olive branch.
103-11 0-2
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:14 am

Post by u r a person 2 »

or, really any read but like, you're wrong and it's clouding my view of you so I would like to find something to talk about with you
103-11 0-2

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”