Booneytoonz IX - Under The Sea -- Game Over!

Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #725 (ISO) » Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:17 pm

Post by Alchemist21 »

In post 711, Maki Harukawa wrote:
In post 607, Firebringer wrote:i skimmed through maki iso and i agree with wisdom that it is scummy.

VOTE: maki
Still can't read me and you'd be townreading me if I was scum. We both know this to be true I also know you townread me when I make posts like this so let's skip the whole part and you unvote me. K? Ok.
In post 620, Creature wrote:Maki is also boring
:(
In post 629, Frozen Angel wrote:I have a fever and very likely a cold and I've been sick all day plus I had a lot of stuff to do irl hence my absence today.

Its very likely similar tomorrow unless if I feel better

so
vla for like 48 hours
Get better loser <3
In post 638, Alchemist21 wrote:
In post 634, davesaz wrote:Alchemist, how much did you actually read?
All of it, though I was doing other stuff too for parts of it so it's possible I missed something important but I don't think I did.
I find it hard to believe through that whole read. What to me was if not the most telling pages yet. You thought it was all noise?
Yes. I’m not the only one who thinks so either.
In post 712, Clemency wrote:^
i swear i'm getting a soft scumlean on anyone who tried to claim the past 10 pages or so were noise

thats exactly when we started getting real
Maybe it’s AI for some of you specifically but I think the arguments could have come from either side. I don’t care how serious you were being, if it’s null to me then it’s null to me.
Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion
Pronoun: He or She. Idc.

Post Post #726 (ISO) » Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:18 pm

Post by Elsa Jay »

In post 724, Chara wrote:yes.
Alright, have a town cookie. LV 20 or not, atleast you have sense as town. That and Maki and a few others trust you, so I think I can look past the genocidal thingy.

Well, I'm still holding a grudge that both you and Little Lady told the big mean possible Vigi to shoot me, but that's neither here or there.
I made a GTKAS. Go shitpost in it if you want. It's very lonely.

"Even when I leave mafia and play an entirely different game I can't escape you you menace." - North/Wenya
Nikk
Nikk
Goon
Nikk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #727 (ISO) » Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:21 pm

Post by Nikk »

I went back and reread the interaction between myself and Elsa after seeing Maki's vote. I'm on a PC instead of my normal being on a phone so I can do a bit more. Here's my thoughts.
In post 525, Elsa Jay wrote:Nikk, is planning out a lynch order day 1 really a good idea in your eyes?
Especially when doing that gives scum an easy out to say "well we got a plan let's follow it".
I am asked a question here and given a focus on why Elsa thinks it's bad. I respond the next post
In post 527, Nikk wrote: That would be astronomically bad scum play and they would get caught very quickly.
This is me saying I don't think listing my thoughts out gives scum a free ride. As this is at this time the only reason Elsa gave for it being bad I figured the question at this time is answered.
In post 531, Elsa Jay wrote:I'm not arguing Maki is mafia or not. I'm currently arguing about setting a dang lynch order and the doubt of scumreading Maki for bringing up a possibility of mafia being informed.

If anything, this makes me scumread Nikk for doing this.

Pedit: saying "Scum won't follow that plan" is the same as knowing what scum can do. We have a lot of less serious players this game. An easy wagon is appealing. One your trying to set up.
This is a counterpoint to what I brought up as reasoning for why I feel what I did was townish. This establishes that Elsa saw my response.

During this time this exchange happened:
In post 526, davesaz wrote:@Elsa Jay: Which way are you trying to argue, that Maki is mafia and informed, or not mafia?
In post 531, Elsa Jay wrote:I'm not arguing Maki is mafia or not. I'm currently arguing about setting a dang lynch order and the doubt of scumreading Maki for bringing up a possibility of mafia being informed.

If anything, this makes me scumread Nikk for doing this.

Pedit: saying "Scum won't follow that plan" is the same as knowing what scum can do. We have a lot of less serious players this game. An easy wagon is appealing. One your trying to set up.
That wasn't the question asked of you though... so I bring this in to try and see if you are moving off the position or what here.
In post 533, Nikk wrote:
In post 519, Elsa Jay wrote:I feel like mafia informed Maki wouldnt bring up the option of mafia being informed about the millers. Seems stupid to even mention the possibility and fuck over your teammate claiming it.
This your response to my asking for your read.

But now you are saying you are not arguing maki is mafia or not.

Which is it?
Which you respond with this:
In post 534, Elsa Jay wrote:I mentioned I think Maki is town. I told you that's not the current argument I'm trying to say to you. I'm talking to you about the lynch order. Stop avoiding that just because I townread her.
Which is great...except the assertation that I am avoiding discussing your complaint which has now permiated to Clem and Maki. I answered the only question you posed to me.
In post 535, Nikk wrote:This is a shockingly defensive response to me basically saying I read Elsa and Maki as scum team.

Do you feel I have enough sway to lead town?
At this point I feel you are being defensive and want to push to see how you respond to being pressured. The answer is ... not well.
In post 537, Elsa Jay wrote:Oh my god.

Subject A: I think Maki is town.

Subject B: I think setting up a lynch order is scummy.

I want to discuss Subject B. You distract town with subject A. I double down I want to talk about Subject B.

Now you bring up a new one, Subject C: Do I think you can sway the town.

Stop that shit.
Again, the assertation that I am avoiding a conversation I am still participating in. You gave me one good reason why you feel what I did was bad and I stated I don't believe it to be true.
In post 538, Nikk wrote:You don't see a connection between C and B?

I'll let you know my answer: no. I'm no town leader. Me saying you are a decent run if Maki flips scum is just me being open with my thought process. Without anyone to follow or asking anyone to follow it cannot be a lynch order.
I continue to talk to you about the subject and tell you that me posting reads is not setting up easy lynches. I would need to be able to sway town as a town leader for that.
In post 540, Elsa Jay wrote:
In post 538, Nikk wrote:You don't see a connection between C and B?

I'll let you know my answer: no. I'm no town leader. Me saying you are a decent run if Maki flips scum is just me being open with my thought process. Without anyone to follow or asking anyone to follow it cannot be a lynch order.
... That is answering your own subject C more then B and you know it.

I DONT WANT YOU TO ANSWER YOUR OWN QUESTION.

VOTE: Nikk
And here we get the revenge vote.
In post 546, Elsa Jay wrote:Nikk, my question is to you why setting up a lynch order isn't scummy. You just tried to counter that by saying your not a town leader. That didn't answer my damn question.

My question is why are you attemping to set up a lynch order and not focus on today. You don't have to "ask people to follow". That's implied when you put down who you want to lynch back to back.

Why. Isn't. Setting a lynch after Maki. Whether they flip town or scum. Scummy?

Do I need to bold my question for you?
You ask the same question that again I already answered but this time in a more agressive way due to having pressure on you. Also continuing the narrative that I wasn't answering. You also push that I am not focusing on today when my entire post that started this was about who to lynch today.
In post 547, Nikk wrote:Because being open with thoughts and information at times is helpful to the town. Basing a lynch not just on who is scum but also what town learns from it is helpful. And finally because I never intended it to be a lynch list, more a 'here is what we learn by voting this way vs that'. Giving you a run doesn't mean a quick lynch with no conversation, just means you should be first focus the next day.

Especially now.
And I give my logic and reasoning here.

From there it devolves into you attempting to get me to revenge vote you back and other inane bickering.

What I don't understand in all of this is this:

Do you believe anyone who uses an x seems connected to y is scummy? It's the same philosophy as what I did.

ALSO:

Anyone who says THAT is just noise is talking nonsense. Try again.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #728 (ISO) » Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:25 pm

Post by davesaz »

In post 721, Chara wrote:
In post 712, Clemency wrote:^
i swear i'm getting a soft scumlean on anyone who tried to claim the past 10 pages or so were noise

thats exactly when we started getting real
i feel this, you were noise earlier but certainly not now. the last several pages are a lot but they've improved my read on you considerably.
Clemency as an individual is higher signal ratio since 500ish post than before. There was other posting that bugged me shortly before my most recent post about talkative people.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #729 (ISO) » Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:34 pm

Post by davesaz »

In post 546, Elsa Jay wrote:Nikk, my question is to you why setting up a lynch order isn't scummy.
I tried to stay out of this question for the most part.

Two things. It isn't setting up a lynch order, and even if it were it's not scummy.

If A happens then X is scummy.
If B happens then Y and Z are scummy.

This type of logic is the epitome of good town play.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
Nikk
Nikk
Goon
Nikk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #730 (ISO) » Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:34 pm

Post by Nikk »

My conclusion to all that... is either Elsa is super defensive because they were next if Maki flipped red (which could just be bad town play, not really a lockdown scumtell there) or Elsa wanted to paint me as uncooperative and knew at least Clem would follow because Clem (which would be a very hard scum tell of course)

Not really sure how to interpret all of it but I do feel Maki's most recent vote is a pretty blatant opportunistic revenge vote. So for now my vote remains. I'm willing to listen to reasons why I'm off base here.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #731 (ISO) » Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:35 pm

Post by davesaz »

In post 727, Nikk wrote:Anyone who says THAT is just noise is talking nonsense. Try again.
Yeah, this exactly, and you're not even bringing up my posting during that period.
Clemency
Clemency
any
Mafia Scum
Clemency
any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: any

Post Post #732 (ISO) » Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:36 pm

Post by Clemency »

VOTE: nikk
"all due respect, the words "Clemency" and "normal" do not belong in the same paragraph" - the worst
Nikk
Nikk
Goon
Nikk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #733 (ISO) » Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:37 pm

Post by Nikk »

In post 732, Clemency wrote:VOTE: nikk
Care to share a reason?
Nikk
Nikk
Goon
Nikk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #734 (ISO) » Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:38 pm

Post by Nikk »

No one else jump in please, this question is for Clem and Clem alone.
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #735 (ISO) » Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:38 pm

Post by Alchemist21 »

Nikk what do you think about my reason for scumreading Elsa?
Clemency
Clemency
any
Mafia Scum
Clemency
any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #736 (ISO) » Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:39 pm

Post by Clemency »

can i offer you the lyrics of Sheer Heart Attack by Queen
because it is 7 in the morning and I have not slept and that's the only thing going through my head right now
i need a doctor
"all due respect, the words "Clemency" and "normal" do not belong in the same paragraph" - the worst
Clemency
Clemency
any
Mafia Scum
Clemency
any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #737 (ISO) » Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:40 pm

Post by Clemency »

i cant look like a genius prodigy child without being horribly unhealthy
Nikk
Nikk
Goon
Nikk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #738 (ISO) » Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:40 pm

Post by Nikk »

In post 735, Alchemist21 wrote:Nikk what do you think about my reason for scumreading Elsa?
19?
Nikk
Nikk
Goon
Nikk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #739 (ISO) » Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:41 pm

Post by Nikk »

In post 736, Clemency wrote:can i offer you the lyrics of Sheer Heart Attack by Queen
because it is 7 in the morning and I have not slept and that's the only thing going through my head right now
i need a doctor
No. Play the game please.
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #740 (ISO) » Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:41 pm

Post by Alchemist21 »

That plus
Clemency
Clemency
any
Mafia Scum
Clemency
any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #741 (ISO) » Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:42 pm

Post by Clemency »

yeah my vote is in the right place
Nikk
Nikk
Goon
Nikk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #742 (ISO) » Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:42 pm

Post by Nikk »

In post 741, Clemency wrote:yeah my vote is in the right place
So that's a no for giving a reason then?
Clemency
Clemency
any
Mafia Scum
Clemency
any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #743 (ISO) » Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:43 pm

Post by Clemency »

nope
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #744 (ISO) » Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:43 pm

Post by Alchemist21 »

Shit like this is why I can't take Clemency seriously. Don't complain about being called noise if you're not going to respond to someone's attempts to engage you seriously.
Clemency
Clemency
any
Mafia Scum
Clemency
any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #745 (ISO) » Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:44 pm

Post by Clemency »

hahah
i'd rather watch him self-destruct over it
Nikk
Nikk
Goon
Nikk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #746 (ISO) » Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:44 pm

Post by Nikk »

In post 740, Alchemist21 wrote:That plus
Mmmmm...nah. i even thought that way seeing 2 then changed once more came out. Not a scum tell.
Clemency
Clemency
any
Mafia Scum
Clemency
any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #747 (ISO) » Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:44 pm

Post by Clemency »

never make the mistake of thinking i'm not taking the game seriously
Nikk
Nikk
Goon
Nikk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #748 (ISO) » Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:44 pm

Post by Nikk »

In post 743, Clemency wrote:nope
Noted. Thanks.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #749 (ISO) » Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:47 pm

Post by davesaz »

In post 747, Clemency wrote:never make the mistake of thinking i'm not taking the game seriously
If you're town, you need other town to take you seriously. Your voice has potential to be a lot more powerful than your one vote.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”