Anonymous games vs Non-Anonymous games

For large social games such as Survivor where the primary mechanic is social interaction.
Aurathebirb
Aurathebirb
Townie
Aurathebirb
Townie
Townie

Post Post #11 (isolation #0) » Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:51 pm

Post by Aurathebirb »

I probably wouldn't join a non-anon survivor either... >_<

With anon games, everyone theoretically starts off on the same foot. I don't think people put any weight on perceived IDs. If they do its probably a mistake because the majority of ID guesses even from veterans are wrong. Even trying to figure out who is a newbie is unreliable because some people have faked being new. So you really have to just base all your decisions off things people have said in the game.

I feel like going into a non-anon game you're at a disadvantage if you don't know people well. Some groups will be based on people who are already close to each other, and newbies who will have less information about relationships between other players. FTC bias could also be a pretty big issue.

The major advantage I see to non-anonymous games is that they could have a more casual atmosphere I guess? That would rely on people actually deciding to be casual though. And I guess they'd be good for meeting people. But you could fill the niche with non-survivor games.
Aurathebirb
Aurathebirb
Townie
Aurathebirb
Townie
Townie

Post Post #16 (isolation #1) » Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:53 pm

Post by Aurathebirb »

I can't speak for everyone, I'm sure that some people would want one. It'd be a good idea to run at least one if there's interest.

But I don't really see why it would be preferable to an anon game, given the choice.

Survivor has all-star seasons, but its not really a choice. No way to have anonymous returnees. Even then, its hard to call Survivor's returnee seasons fair. Many people had absolutely no shot at winning.

Return to “ORGs and Large Social Games”