Anonymous games vs Non-Anonymous games

For large social games such as Survivor where the primary mechanic is social interaction.
PrivateI
PrivateI
The Real Friend
PrivateI
The Real Friend
The Real Friend

Post Post #23 (isolation #0) » Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:37 am

Post by PrivateI »

In post 18, Elsa Jay wrote:I'd add a poll here even to see what it's like and how many would play a Non-Anonymous Survivor game after 2 1/2 years of there not being any.
Correct me if I'm wrong here, but I don't think there's a poll needed here, yeah? Anyone is free to run a nonanonymous game, assuming they meet the other guidelines for running LSGs on site. Some people have publicly expressed that they won't, so you might adjust your expectations of casting at the onset, but if you want to run a nonanonymous game, go for it! And if your goal is to subtly prod other people into running one, well, good luck...:P I've been trying to do that with Big Brother games for awhile now.
PrivateI
PrivateI
The Real Friend
PrivateI
The Real Friend
The Real Friend

Post Post #30 (isolation #1) » Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:23 pm

Post by PrivateI »

In post 27, Elsa Jay wrote:Would you explain what a "Semi-Anonymous" game even is?

Is that where you know the player base but not who in particular is who, or that half the cast is known while the other half remain anonymous?
I still am a big fan of semi-anonymous games, in any form. One way I've considered involves everyone knowing the identity of one person. One involves Redemption Island, and people being revealed as they are eliminated.
PrivateI
PrivateI
The Real Friend
PrivateI
The Real Friend
The Real Friend

Post Post #38 (isolation #2) » Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:09 pm

Post by PrivateI »

In post 37, 0verki11 wrote:Semi anon is probably the best.
Non anonymous games arent that bad but past actions influcencing stuff isnt exactly fun.
What do you mean when you talk about semi-anon?

Return to “ORGs and Large Social Games”