Shoshin the worst
Shoshin the worst
Goon
Shoshin the worst
Goon
Goon

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:51 am

Post by Shoshin the worst »

In post 137, Mephistophanes 39 wrote: Varsoon posted 2 links, one to Starcraft 1, where you encouraged everyone multiple times to “stretch their mind” and the second, to TAZ, where you didn’t do that even once.
That's a bad use of meta. There's nothing inherently scummy about that phrase. It just means "break out the box you're in," or "challenge your way of thinking," which are phrases I've definitely used before as town (e.g. in Laybrinth when discussing your reads).

For some background, I say "stretch your mind" quite often in my yoga teaching to shift how people relate to their mind/body during a practice. It's just a part of how I speak in real life contexts. I'd never thought to use it in the context of mafia until Starcraft 1 because I don't usually use the phrase in an intellectual context.

I was very happy with how it applied in Starcraft 1 and I couldn't even contain my excitement when Varsoon picked the phrase up. Yes, it's such a great phrase that even Varsoon (who doesn't seem to like me much) used the phrase himself in Starcraft 1, as TOWN. Point being, it has nothing to do with alignment. It's just a phrase with a useful meaning in the context of a mafia game. I intend to use it a lot more.

-the worst
hydra of Shoshin & the worst!
Shoshin the worst
Shoshin the worst
Goon
Shoshin the worst
Goon
Goon

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:54 am

In post 143, u r a person 2 wrote:This signing posts thing and follow up posts are the scummiest posts of the thread. Why does town you not just go okok jeez and start signing?
We are signing. That doesn't change the fact that most posts are written by both of us.

-Shoshin & the worst
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:54 am

Post by Varsoon »

I used it as a tongue-in-cheek joke toward you, goof.

It's okay to be upset over getting roped in by something so dumb, though.
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:55 am

Post by Alchemist21 »

In post 148, Taly wrote:Then walk me through how 105 warranted your vote because it's plainly obvious that it wasn't factual.
Yes it wasn’t factual. They were just bs’ing a reason to not sign posts after people gave meta reasons as to why they should sign.
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:57 am

Post by Alchemist21 »

In post 150, Shoshin the worst wrote:
In post 137, Mephistophanes 39 wrote: Varsoon posted 2 links, one to Starcraft 1, where you encouraged everyone multiple times to “stretch their mind” and the second, to TAZ, where you didn’t do that even once.
That's a bad use of meta. There's nothing inherently scummy about that phrase. It just means "break out the box you're in," or "challenge your way of thinking," which are phrases I've definitely used before as town (e.g. in Laybrinth when discussing your reads).

For some background, I say "stretch your mind" quite often in my yoga teaching to shift how people relate to their mind/body during a practice. It's just a part of how I speak in real life contexts. I'd never thought to use it in the context of mafia until Starcraft 1 because I don't usually use the phrase in an intellectual context.

I was very happy with how it applied in Starcraft 1 and I couldn't even contain my excitement when Varsoon picked the phrase up. Yes, it's such a great phrase that even Varsoon (who doesn't seem to like me much) used the phrase himself in Starcraft 1, as TOWN. Point being, it has nothing to do with alignment. It's just a phrase with a useful meaning in the context of a mafia game. I intend to use it a lot more.

-the worst
Did... did he just purposely sign the post wrong?
Mephistophanes 39
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Goon

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:59 am

Post by Mephistophanes 39 »

In post 150, Shoshin the worst wrote:

-the worst
Wait, Shoshin is the yoga instructor, not tw, unless he teaches duck yoga or something. :lol:
Show

Pleased to meet you,
Hope you guess our name.
But what's puzzling you,
Is the nature of our game.
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:59 am

Post by Michael Scott »

I like their defence on the meta scum-tell.

The mis-sign is pretty cheeky though.

~Jimothy
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:19 am

Post by Varsoon »

Also, Shoshin, it's not an issue of liking you or not.
It's an issue of if you're scum or not in this game.
I'm not going to see a repeat of what happened to me before.
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:24 am

Post by u r a person 2 »

In post 151, Shoshin the worst wrote:
In post 143, u r a person 2 wrote:This signing posts thing and follow up posts are the scummiest posts of the thread. Why does town you not just go okok jeez and start signing?
We are signing. That doesn't change the fact that most posts are written by both of us.

-Shoshin & the worst
I don't know enough (anything) about hydra etiquette to know if this is a fair or taking the piss
103-11 0-2
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:29 am

Post by Alchemist21 »

Signing with the actual hydra name is 100% taking the piss especially after it’s been explained why they should sign.
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:38 am

Post by u r a person 2 »

ok ty =P
103-11 0-2
Mephistophanes 39
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Goon

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:14 am

Post by Mephistophanes 39 »

In post 158, u r a person 2 wrote:
In post 151, Shoshin the worst wrote:

-Shoshin & the worst
I don't know enough (anything) about hydra etiquette to know if this is a fair or taking the piss
In post 159, Alchemist21 wrote:Signing with the actual hydra name is 100% taking the piss especially after it’s been explained why they should sign.
In post 9, Shoshin wrote:I will /in if someone wants to hydra with me?
I don't have time for a solo game
This is what Shoshin posted in the signup thread, so how does this synchronized thing align with that?

~N
Show

Pleased to meet you,
Hope you guess our name.
But what's puzzling you,
Is the nature of our game.
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:18 am

Post by Alchemist21 »

Are you asking us or the hydra?
Shoshin the worst
Shoshin the worst
Goon
Shoshin the worst
Goon
Goon

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:12 am

In post 79, Mephistophanes 39 wrote:P.edit. It is suspicious. Ari thought it might be some kind of RVS gag but I agree, it is kind of giving me slight scum vibes, especially considering both were scum in Starcraft 1.
I'm sorry, what?
what part of it is giving you scumvibes? It is literally a decision we made pre-game.
In post 81, Taly wrote:
In post 61, Shoshin the worst wrote:
In post 60, Taly wrote:whats awkward is that L-3 wagon on you
What's awkward about it Taly?
Your response to it.
elaborate please?

@nancy you should feel bad for nearly every post you've made. Literally. You're peddling nonsense.
@harpoon your ISO has become such a farce I'm losing my rvs townread on you. get back to fucking playing.

we're 7 pages in and the only person not circularly shitposting about misunderstanding out hydra dynamic seems to be Taly, who is instead making nonsense reads which I like for scum. is anybody else town this game? probably. why the fuck are town wasting so much time on game theory related nonsense which is not going to catch scum? this is a decision we made post-game. if you don't like it push us for it but embrace the fact you're pushing a POLICY LYNCH and when people re-read this nonsense after we flip you're going to look exactly as stupid as you're beiny. given the strength of this list I'm surprised how much stupid bullshit you're all entertaining rather than actually playing mafia.

can anyone even give me reads on slots other than ours? jfc

- obv!Shoshin
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:13 am

Post by Varsoon »

I'm not going to let you browbeat me with trying to take back some imaginary 'rvs townread' that you never had on me.
That's so pathetic and obviously manipulative.
That's not how town negotiates.
Die.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:15 am

Post by Varsoon »

I'm sure you'd love it if everyone gave reads and talked about players other than you.
I'm sure you'd do anything to take the spotlight off of yourself.
I'm not going to let that happen.
Shoshin the worst
Shoshin the worst
Goon
Shoshin the worst
Goon
Goon

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:16 am

I'm not negotiating. I am telling you, if you're town you need to start reconsidering the way you approach this kind of situation.
When I'm less annoyed I will be looking for players who are actually trying to sort the game.

Why are you hyperfocusing on our hydra dynamic when it is a pregame decision and there are fourteen other slots?
Shoshin the worst
Shoshin the worst
Goon
Shoshin the worst
Goon
Goon

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:16 am

┐(´д`)┌

- Shoshin
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:17 am

Post by u r a person 2 »

In post 163, Shoshin the worst wrote:@nancy you should feel bad for nearly every post you've made. Literally. You're peddling nonsense.
@harpoon your ISO has become such a farce I'm losing my rvs townread on you. get back to fucking playing.
can i take these to be scum reads?
103-11 0-2
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:19 am

Post by Varsoon »

Your hydra signing is the least of why I scumread you.
I'm not going to re-assess because the last time that you used a combination of 'stretch your mind', emotional rhetoric, and this kind of browbeating to force me to reassess an early scumread on you, you were third party anti-town.
So, nope.
Not going to happen.
Shoshin the worst
Shoshin the worst
Goon
Shoshin the worst
Goon
Goon

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:19 am

In post 168, u r a person 2 wrote:
In post 163, Shoshin the worst wrote:@nancy you should feel bad for nearly every post you've made. Literally. You're peddling nonsense.
can i take these to be scum reads?
sadly not. we are nulltown on Varsoon but are also considering just ignoring him until he removes his trousers from his head. Ari has also been towny and I am not sure getting preoccupied by this bullshit is scum indicative for Nancy.

take it as my "slap yourself upside the head" reads.

taly is a scumread though
Shoshin the worst
Shoshin the worst
Goon
Shoshin the worst
Goon
Goon

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:21 am

In post 169, Varsoon wrote:Your hydra signing is the least of why I scumread you.
I'm not going to re-assess because the last time that you used a combination of 'stretch your mind', emotional rhetoric, and this kind of browbeating to force me to reassess an early scumread on you, you were third party anti-town.
So, nope.
Not going to happen.
yes and we were both universally townread there
=> the stuff you are describing is the towngame or Shoshin, independently.

using a phrase she used ?once? maybe twice? in a single scumgame which she uses irl as a reliable scumtell is a trainwreck and uou should know that. Nancy will be able to testify to TPFKAP's "witch hunt" tell. that is only reliable because that player has used it across enough games it's obviously a subconscious wording choice.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:23 am

Post by Varsoon »

You have no idea what 'universally townread' means. You were majority townread. It's hard different.
You can come up with whatever little lies or rationale you want to try to wriggle free
You can continue to try to paint me as some person who's 'got pants on his head'
But I'm not going to let go of an informed read against a slot that, in the past, has won a game against me using these very sorts of tactics to try to shake my suspicions.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:24 am

Post by Varsoon »

Explain why you're scumreading Taly.
Shoshin the worst
Shoshin the worst
Goon
Shoshin the worst
Goon
Goon

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:25 am

I think either :-
1) you are genuinely tunnelled on this (there's guaranteed to be at least one towny who is). I can't allow that to continue and I need you to realise its objectively incorrect sooner or later. or,
2) you are scum looking for nonsense to yell about in the thread so people go "ah ok guess this is town-ragespam-Varsoon, better let that go!". don't forget the mainscum team didn't townread you until you conftowned yourself, via your claim that they were informed was aligned with the town. we know that you can lay down a farcical version of your town meta as scum. we can't allow this either.

so move on or give us something we can react to.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”