kitcat
Goon
kitcat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:51 am

Post by kitcat »

In post 126, Slaxx wrote:
In post 124, rooroo wrote:Slaxx why are you voting ofrhz over sa rn?
I’m a sucker for a good wagon. Also I think I can sort ofhrZ easier so pressure is best spent there. Still circling SA.
Why do you think you can sort ofrhz easier?
kitcat
kitcat
Goon
kitcat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:57 am

Post by kitcat »

Slaxx, you feel really weird tonally. I'm bad at describing tonal reads (they tend to basically end up somewhere around 'gut') but I guess I should probably mention it and I'll try to figure out why it's bothering me
kitcat
kitcat
Goon
kitcat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:05 am

Post by kitcat »

In post 230, Eragon wrote:I do have one question, what are the minor town pings on eyes?
Feels really clueless and like out-of-touch with the gamestate? And not in a scummy way? I'm not actually sure if htis setup has daytalk or if he's ever played scum here before, I'd have to check because those would affect how I'm reading the cluelessness but like his out-of-touchness and openness about not forming reads feels very minorly townie. I guess scum I think are usually more self-conscious about having like no reads and arent' so willing to state that openly.

I have to check into those two things above tho.
kitcat
kitcat
Goon
kitcat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:06 am

Post by kitcat »

In post 160, kitcat wrote:Ok, who do you think is going to lolhammer in this game?
@pinkball
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:12 am

Post by Slaxx »

In post 251, kitcat wrote:Slaxx, you feel really weird tonally. I'm bad at describing tonal reads (they tend to basically end up somewhere around 'gut') but I guess I should probably mention it and I'll try to figure out why it's bothering me
Not much I can say about my tone you’re like the third person to bring it up I think

I’m not particularly concerned with appeasing a bunch of people’s sensibilities, your read should be your read regardless.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:13 am

Post by Slaxx »

In post 250, kitcat wrote:
In post 126, Slaxx wrote:
In post 124, rooroo wrote:Slaxx why are you voting ofrhz over sa rn?
I’m a sucker for a good wagon. Also I think I can sort ofhrZ easier so pressure is best spent there. Still circling SA.
Why do you think you can sort ofrhz easier?
I just got out of a game where we were both town and it was one of those people you mind meld with

Felt like a great jumping off point for a good strong early read either way
kitcat
kitcat
Goon
kitcat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:14 am

Post by kitcat »

In post 233, Pink Ball wrote:Ok, I'm pretty pissed off right no. I was fucking memeing all time when there was literally ONE PERSON POSTING, and I'm called out for not doing shit? I was doing shit, I was trying to get reactions, and I got one from Invisibility that helped me sort him out. If you don't know what the hell I'm doing, ask me, for fucks sake. I already said I didn't want to explicitly say what my reads were at the time 'cause I was waiting for something to happen, why the fuck is that scummy? I really can't believe this shit.

Also, I already explained two fucking times why I felt tunneled, and you keep addressing that shit as I am wrong? FEELINGS, FEELINGS, FEEEEEEEELIIIIIIIINGS FOR CRYING OUT LOUD, I CAN'T BE WRONG ABOUT HOW I FEEL, THAT DOESN'T MEAN I *THINK* IT'S A TUNNEL. And the feeling, as I already explained, was justified on some specific posts that made me feel I was going to be scumread by Sleepless no matter what I said/did.
Uh this feels kinda ATE and OTT to me and I'm not sure why you're reacting this way?
In post 233, Pink Ball wrote:So my reads would be:
{SleeplessAssasin, Slaxx, Invisibility} townreads
{CultofAthena} nulltown
{rooroo, EyesWithoutAFace} null
{kitcat} nullscum
{Eragon} scumreads
Also this readslist is like upside down in comparision to mine
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:14 am

Post by Slaxx »

I had the knee jerk reaction of looking at eye and thinking town but there’s something very particular about #2 I don’t like

And no BONUS POINTS for answering for them so don’t
kitcat
kitcat
Goon
kitcat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:17 am

Post by kitcat »

In post 255, Slaxx wrote:I just got out of a game where we were both town and it was one of those people you mind meld with
Fair enough
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:17 am

Post by Pink Ball »

In post 244, Slaxx wrote:Let me rephrase:

Why were my interactions AI? I get the RTI helps but is there a reason beyond being reasonable?
By "being reasonable" I meant to say that I'm agreeing with your line of thought and your progress. Scum can make sense too of course, but the important thing here is to check context, which in this case is the gamestate. Eragon stirred the game up with his replacement and you were there to interact with him when he was catching up. You could've waited until he was caught up to see what could be the best course of action, but you didn't: you jumped in and started talking with him 'cause you weren't agreeing with him but you thought he was town so it was worth it.

Being reasonable by itself is NAI; being reasonable along with timing is good. Your contributions have been good to the game in order to make it playable; you have provided info to make yourself sortable and to sort other players too, when you could've focused on pushing other players who haven't contributed that much (or pushed me, since I'm in a position that makes me an easy push without that much retaliation for the pushers).

I can post specific posts I liked before the RTI and during the RTI if you want, but that's what I get from your slot in general.
kitcat
kitcat
Goon
kitcat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:18 am

Post by kitcat »

In post 254, Slaxx wrote:
In post 251, kitcat wrote:Slaxx, you feel really weird tonally. I'm bad at describing tonal reads (they tend to basically end up somewhere around 'gut') but I guess I should probably mention it and I'll try to figure out why it's bothering me
Not much I can say about my tone you’re like the third person to bring it up I think

I’m not particularly concerned with appeasing a bunch of people’s sensibilities, your read should be your read regardless.
Ya usually people want me to try to articulate such reads. I'll try but this is something I'm not very good at so I guess I'm just more mentioning it for now
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:19 am

Post by Pink Ball »

In post 256, kitcat wrote:
In post 233, Pink Ball wrote:Ok, I'm pretty pissed off right no. I was fucking memeing all time when there was literally ONE PERSON POSTING, and I'm called out for not doing shit? I was doing shit, I was trying to get reactions, and I got one from Invisibility that helped me sort him out. If you don't know what the hell I'm doing, ask me, for fucks sake. I already said I didn't want to explicitly say what my reads were at the time 'cause I was waiting for something to happen, why the fuck is that scummy? I really can't believe this shit.

Also, I already explained two fucking times why I felt tunneled, and you keep addressing that shit as I am wrong? FEELINGS, FEELINGS, FEEEEEEEELIIIIIIIINGS FOR CRYING OUT LOUD, I CAN'T BE WRONG ABOUT HOW I FEEL, THAT DOESN'T MEAN I *THINK* IT'S A TUNNEL. And the feeling, as I already explained, was justified on some specific posts that made me feel I was going to be scumread by Sleepless no matter what I said/did.
Uh this feels kinda ATE and OTT to me and I'm not sure why you're reacting this way?
In post 233, Pink Ball wrote:So my reads would be:
{SleeplessAssasin, Slaxx, Invisibility} townreads
{CultofAthena} nulltown
{rooroo, EyesWithoutAFace} null
{kitcat} nullscum
{Eragon} scumreads
Also this readslist is like upside down in comparision to mine
I changed my mind about Eragon already, and the way you're posting right now reminds me of other player who I usually scumread because of playstyle instead of content, so keep it going.

Also about ATE yeah it was pretty emotional but when I explained my reads I toned it down. I was pretty much pissed off by being scumread by almost everyone just because I was trying to be funny in a game that no one was playing.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:21 am

Post by Slaxx »

In post 259, Pink Ball wrote:
In post 244, Slaxx wrote:Let me rephrase:

Why were my interactions AI? I get the RTI helps but is there a reason beyond being reasonable?
By "being reasonable" I meant to say that I'm agreeing with your line of thought and your progress. Scum can make sense too of course, but the important thing here is to check context, which in this case is the gamestate. Eragon stirred the game up with his replacement and you were there to interact with him when he was catching up. You could've waited until he was caught up to see what could be the best course of action, but you didn't: you jumped in and started talking with him 'cause you weren't agreeing with him but you thought he was town so it was worth it.

Being reasonable by itself is NAI; being reasonable along with timing is good. Your contributions have been good to the game in order to make it playable; you have provided info to make yourself sortable and to sort other players too, when you could've focused on pushing other players who haven't contributed that much (or pushed me, since I'm in a position that makes me an easy push without that much retaliation for the pushers).

I can post specific posts I liked before the RTI and during the RTI if you want, but that's what I get from your slot in general.
Okay I like that a lot more. Thanks for explaining. Eragon has mentioned pocketing and I’m super susceptible to that, especially as I built a rapport with the player, so I just wanted to see that I wasn’t being fleeced.
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:22 am

Post by Pink Ball »

In post 253, kitcat wrote:
In post 160, kitcat wrote:Ok, who do you think is going to lolhammer in this game?
@pinkball
Did I specifically said I thought someone could lolhammer? At that moment the game was pretty dead and I would not have been surprised if someone hammered ofrhz without realizing it (not on purpose, I mean. ofrhz was on L-1 too early).
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:26 am

Post by Pink Ball »

In post 262, Slaxx wrote: Okay I like that a lot more. Thanks for explaining. Eragon has mentioned pocketing and I’m super susceptible to that, especially as I built a rapport with the player, so I just wanted to see that I wasn’t being fleeced.
Yeah I knew were you where coming from since Eragon already talked about that alternative, but... Again, I don't like talking about what I would and wouldn't do as town or scum since it's pretty much useless, but I wouldn't try to pocket a player I don't know that much or that I think that they could outplay me. You're both of these cases.
rooroo
rooroo
Goon
rooroo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:58 am

Post by rooroo »

VOTE: Athena
washed upside-down
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:02 am

Post by Slaxx »

In post 260, kitcat wrote:
In post 254, Slaxx wrote:

Ya usually people want me to try to articulate such reads. I'll try but this is something I'm not very good at so I guess I'm just more mentioning it for now
I can get you in touch with a long list of exes who can help you articulate what you don’t like about my tone.

Seriously though, if you can articulate it, fine, I can defend it. But just saying it, especially after one or two others have, just feels like we are trying to build a narrative that I can’t realistically defend against. Suddenly it’s two days until deadline and we all decide to lynch me for “tone”.
Invisibility
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he or she

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:13 am

Post by Invisibility »

i like eragon
there was a lot of text that i'll have to read and not just skim later when i have more time
i also dont really like pink ball's freakout
Invisibility is actually AWESOME!
Invisibility
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:14 am

Post by Invisibility »

actually nah this reaction test is stupid im not sure what to think of the post though
i like eragons breakdown though so maybe i should dislike the post
okay i dislike the post
Invisibility
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:15 am

Post by Invisibility »

i should make a google doc of me reads im going to make a google doc of my reads
its private you arent allowed to/arent going to be allowed to be going to look at it
Eyes without a face
Eyes without a face
Goon
Eyes without a face
Goon
Goon

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:43 am

Post by Eyes without a face »

In post 187, Slaxx wrote:None of those reasons are reasons you think I’m Mafia
No. I think both Mafia are in that pool. My reasons are not to prove it's you, but to explain why not voting anyone else.
Eyes without a face
Eyes without a face
Goon
Eyes without a face
Goon
Goon

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:45 am

Post by Eyes without a face »

But your response makes me feel better, because you are not arguing your alignment, but arguing the evidence. It's like you're saying "It's not what you know. It's what you can prove." which works in a court of law, but not in an online game.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:46 am

Post by Slaxx »

In post 271, Eyes without a face wrote:But your response makes me feel better, because you are not arguing your alignment, but arguing the evidence. It's like you're saying "It's not what you know. It's what you can prove." which works in a court of law, but not in an online game.
So the proper response to that would be “I’m Town”

Confused as to what you’re saying here
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:47 am

Post by Slaxx »

This is probably the first time I’ve been told arguing the evidence is scummy
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:55 am

Post by Slaxx »

Let’s recap

-You vote me because of how you want to look to other people
-I point out none of those are reasons to vote me
-You scumread me because I didn’t try to work into the conversation that I’m Town?

I am now extremely interested in how you parsed apart your initial reads list. Will you please expand on that?

Return to “Completed Open Games”