Mish Mash Scummies 2018 - Nominations

For completed/abandoned Mish Mash Games.
Fluminator
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #35 (isolation #0) » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:41 am

Post by Fluminator »

Just heard about this. I'm honoured to be mentioned, and that made my day. Thanks Mallow, Xof, and Vash <3. I think the reward should go to someone more active in actually running mish mash games like Mallow or Xalxe because I don't do that, but the nomination itself is enough to make me happy.
In post 4, Aurathebirb wrote:
Nominate
The Genius
for
Best Social Game

Adapting The Genius to a forum setting is a task that seems fairly difficult to do, but the mods of The Genius did a spectacular job of it.

First off I will mention that the mods chose to disable PMs for the game, and instead allowing players to communicate through forums in a way similar to One World. Player could move around every 4-6 hours to a different room, giving them new opportunities to talk to other players. This mechanic probably wasn’t strictly necessary to run a Genius game, but it made the game so much better. It added a new element to the game of having to coordinate movements with other players. It gave a great cast of players new ways to interact and form alliances. And it made the game feel more real, and made the scheming feel more intense. This couldn’t have been an easy thing to keep up and the mods did a fantastic job of it so I give a lot of credit to them for this.

The main matches of the show make up the bulk of the Genius show, so having incredible matches for a game adaption was very important. And I think the mods did equally well here. Some of these were adapted from the show, some from board games, and some were original concepts. The lineup of main matches for this game was pretty impressive though, and the vast majority of the 11 games were executed well. Even though it lasted way too long, I have to give special credit to the game “Prison Break” which was a very interesting and well-designed game that fit in with the Genius concept really well. The duels for the game were also pretty good, and I think a lot of them were better than the duels used on the show.

I’ve played a lot of games on forums over the years, and I think that this was the most impressive one that I’ve played. It was inspirational, memorable, and absolutely fantastic, and for that reason I believe it should be a contender for this award.
2nd

It was a smaller game and there weren't many spectators so I feel like most people aren't aware of just how much effort and time the mods put into this game. It was a very well designed game, and the main matches themselves even often had interesting loopholes built in to abuse like the actual genius. For around 6 months the mods would check every 4 hours to do room switches basically? That's commitment.

Nominate Vash for Best New Player

So humble nominating Meme (Who I agree should be nominated) :P . Vash deserves to be in the running too. He's played a whole assortment of games this year adding a lot to them, and he's usually a huge threat in them. He's someone I can leave this nomination short because I know most people are already aware of why he deserves a nom.

Return to “Sens-O-Tape Archive”