Micro 844: Geriatric Half Mast Nightless [Endgame]

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:41 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

@no lunch, was just wondering if you had a main that Cheeky knew about and meta'd you from there.
---

Anyways here are my thoughts.

Watching the same three people go at it, (no lunch, u r a person 2, and CheekyTeeky) for this long does nothing to further the game state for town. I think it would be healthier for the game if we paused this argument, enough has been said on either side to make a decision and reinforcing it will just give more room for scum slots to posture in and attach to (barring the scenario in which all three are scum). If anything, any development in this triad should be only furthered by outside slots because otherwise this game will devolve into watch three people go at it while the others spectate.

---

Anyways, Cheeky that's a d1 doubt=zero from you on no lunch. Do you feel likewise for u r a person 2? I don't know how comfortable I am with the idea of you hard defending me and then following me onto this wagon when you have a self-proclaimed 100% success rate on doubt=zero'ing d1 on somebody else. Even with your explanation, a scum lynch is a scum lynch, no?

I'm pretty sure u r a person 2 is scum here, but still.

---

Part 2, why u r a person 2 is scum. I'll keep it short.

When playing DDU, I was scum.

My mentality was to get townread early, buddy up, and then help powerpush through the game. I would basically double down with my town butt-buddy (katy that game) and help attack whoever we were duo-pushing together, even try and steer her in the direction of a mislynch. Also had other goals but those are irrelevant to this discussion.

Seeing u r a person 2's iso, I see a slot that's trying to find a buddy in town and then ganging up on the common "scumread." His "unique-r" analysis comes after he gangs up, which is key because that's what I did as scum.

Fwiw I townread Shoshin which contributes to my theory.

---

Maestro has big post. I skimmed. I think I answered some questions by elaborating in wall post. LMK if you need anything else answered.
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: They/Them/Any

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:42 pm

Post by Maestro »

I realize my last bit of sass may be lost in translation: I disagree that u2's post is AtE so I'm calling out CT for also potentially trolling by calling it that.

PEDIT: I had a bit for you to respond to in there, maybe? But I don't think you answered anything, my dude.

"Oka has big post. Me cave man, only skim big posts."
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:46 pm

Post by brassherald »

So, for Aubrey, its all about his longer posts. and seem like real reading and thinking occurring. I might no necessarily agree with all the reads and all the thoughts, but what is out there seems like enough for a town lean. He's not automatically assuming my mistake was real, so he's actually evaluating everyone and not taking the easiest excuses to hand out town reads. I like that to be town. As a disclaimer, I don't plan on meta diving anyone because of effort, so, if he's really good at faking town like thoughts, then, hey, good on him, but I'm getting town vibes from his more thoughtful posts.

Slimer is actually more just doing his own thing here, not really seeming to work towards an agenda, I would love to see more from them since we are well past the RVS stage and I don't see enough now, a few days after I town blocked him, to keep him in definite town territory, actually. I would link stuff I liked before, but I don't remember which ones stood out to me, he's still got enough to town lean, but not town block.

Also... VOTE: Cheeky Teeky

Scum.

I know it was you, Cheeky? You broke my heart!
I've only made one good post, and don't you dare accuse me of doing it again.
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:48 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

Oh snap. I'm heartbroken brass </3
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:50 pm

Post by Maestro »

In post 86, Shoshin wrote:I'm never lynching Brass. And I'm pretty sure NL isn't lynching Brass either. So I'm pretty sure you need to give up on that mislynch, Maestro.
In post 91, Shoshin wrote:Maestro's town, Slimer.
In post 93, Shoshin wrote:
In post 92, Aubrey wrote:Just how in the hell are you getting so many town reads by page 4?
Brass town telled and town slipped. He's town.

Maestro's town because scum would have realized how Brass slipped.
I'm catching up from around this post but I clicked to the most recent posts first, yes, sue me, or fuckin' don't unless you have a good lawyer because I live in the US of A and we love to sue around here... IMO this thought progression looks the worst to me from the PoV of only reading what came before this and the last page or so (e.g. pg 7 because Oka had to get the fwrjfdhsking pagetop and force my post to lose context.

Shoshin doesn't even vote me or apparently even scumread me after accusing me of seemingly actively pushing a ML I know is a ML......? I remain skeptical of somebody reaching up their ass and pulling out the idea of a "townslip" and this is what I get in response? Skepticism is healthy. If I teach you nothing else, let it be that, comrades. (I basically don't believe "townslipping" is a thing, if you haven't noticed - anything can be faked,
anything
)

PEDIT: Hi brass, I exist. Notice me, Horton! Suddenly Seymour! CT is obvs a troll so talk to me instead plz.
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:51 pm

Post by Maestro »

Does anybody have a good reason for Town!Shoshin?
He started throwing out "townslips" and """""confirming""""" people but.....???
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:51 pm

Post by Maestro »

Shit, I have a post limit, don't I?
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:53 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

Well hopefully that was enough of a Whirlwind team :)

{U2, NL, Brass, Maestro} lynch in here.

I'm L-1 as Brass kindly forgot to mention. I hardclaim Jester.
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:53 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

1. If you think they should provide more reasoning for a vote, just say that. If you disagree with how they voted for the person you're voting for, just say that. Why go through all the trouble to question somebody about a vote but be all awkward about it?
I'm asking for a distinction of why Cheeky is preferring u r a person 2 to no lunch. With the doubt=zero in my mind. I was wondering because previously Cheeky was pushing no lunch. Now I wonder harder because I see a doubt = zero d1.
2. I like this qvestion. Zees ees good qvestion.
@no lunch RE the response in :
it matters because they wanna know if you're Scum or not so please link some games from whatever other site you've played on, and if it's EpicMafia I promise to only judge you a little bit.
Nothing to respond to here.
3. The next time you wanna get all opportunistic, just commit, bro. Lurking =/= Not Being On-site. You have a 2014 join date. Act like it?
What do you want me to say? I didn't check if you were on site or not. I clicked on your iso and saw 2 posts from you in total.

I think we are good here?

---

Brass you just made an entire post elaborating on aubrey and slimer.
Then you voted Cheeky.
Elaborate on Cheeky too please.

---

Town!Shoshin is town for now as long as she remains this way. She has limited herself too much to win as scum, even if its disagreeable.
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:57 pm

Post by brassherald »

In post 180, Maestro wrote:Does anybody have a good reason for Town!Shoshin?
He started throwing out "townslips" and """""confirming""""" people but.....???
Shoshin is also scum, I just got bored of stagnating on that vote.

For this one, I will go with another classic film to quote.

"Malkovich Malkovich? Malkovich. Malkovich! Malkovich!"

This has been Brass' relevant movie quotes minute with Any Given Sunday and Con Air, clearly.

P-Edit Cheeky is a tone read, the tone is scum, the reads are bad, and I seem to remember Cheeky being better than that.

Also P-Edit: I did not forget to say you were at L-1, I did not know you were at L-1.
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:02 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

Oka I'm as confident in my U2 read as my NL read. But I trust you guys can read because you have like eyes and stuff. Also brass tone reading me is hilarious but probably the best reason for voting me so far.
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:04 pm

Post by brassherald »

In post 185, CheekyTeeky wrote:Oka I'm as confident in my U2 read as my NL read. But I trust you guys can read because you have like eyes and stuff. Also brass tone reading me is hilarious but probably the best reason for voting me so far.
I'm pitch perfect, baby!

Another movie quote, I'm on fire! (I assume this is the final line of Pitch Perfect 3)

But, I'm not ready for day to end anyway. VOTE: Shoshin

Back to your partner.
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:05 pm

Post by u r a person 2 »

look at how the wolves come out of the bushes when the alpha is cornered

there has to be at LEAST one in {aubrey, oka, maestro}

my money is on scum!maestro

I especially dislike how he felt he had to explain why he was quoting earlier posts here:
In post 179, Maestro wrote:I'm catching up from around this post but I clicked to the most recent posts first, yes, sue me, or fuckin' don't unless you have a good lawyer because I live in the US of A and we love to sue around here... IMO this thought progression looks the worst to me from the PoV of only reading what came before this and the last page or so (e.g. pg 7 because Oka had to get the fwrjfdhsking pagetop and force my post to lose context.
103-11 0-2
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:08 pm

Post by u r a person 2 »

Although probably not both of {maestro, oka}

It would be kind of weird for them both to come out in strong defense of cheeky with wall posts two minutes apart as a scum team
103-11 0-2
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:18 pm

Post by Maestro »

In post 188, u r a person 2 wrote:Although probably not both of {maestro, oka}

It would be kind of weird for them both to come out in strong defense of cheeky with wall posts two minutes apart as a scum team
This is unironically funny to me.

Pray tell, why would that be weird if you see us both as Scum? Scum have Daychat cuz there's no Nights idjit they could be doing whatever the fuck they want. Also, I wasn't explaining
why I was quoting posts
, I was explaining why my catch-up was weirdly disjointed. It's like you're not even reading, my dude.
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:24 pm

Post by u r a person 2 »

In post 189, Maestro wrote:This is unironically funny to me.

Pray tell, why would that be weird if you see us both as Scum? Scum have Daychat cuz there's no Nights idjit they could be doing whatever the fuck they want. Also, I wasn't explaining why I was quoting posts, I was explaining why my catch-up was weirdly disjointed. It's like you're not even reading, my dude.
Precisely, they have day chat. I think people would sub consciously decide not to do that. basically I think scum!me would avoid having 2/3 members post wall posts 2 minutes apart to defend the third, so I think it's not unreasonable that others might.

Sorry, you had quoted posts as part of your catch-up where it was disjointed, and I was just using that as a way to describe it. I was on the same page as you tho, don't worry.
103-11 0-2
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:27 pm

Post by Shoshin »

I'm sad that my townreads scumread me.
no lunch
no lunch
Goon
no lunch
Goon
Goon

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:01 pm

Post by no lunch »

In post 170, Aubrey wrote:Wouldn’t scum cheeky check before lying like that...?
Would town!Cheeky not do the actual meta dive? She's caught.
no lunch
no lunch
Goon
no lunch
Goon
Goon

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:06 pm

Post by no lunch »

I do not scumread Shoshin but she is a wild card. I think her conduct around the slip/early townreads is more consistent with a town mindset than CheekyTeeky's.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:12 pm

Post by Shoshin »

In post 193, no lunch wrote:I do not scumread Shoshin but she is a wild card. I think her conduct around the slip/early townreads is more consistent with a town mindset than CheekyTeeky's.
Assume I'm town for a second. How confident are you in scum Cheeky? Who are her partners?
Aubrey
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:05 pm

Post by Aubrey »

In post 172, u r a person 2 wrote:
In post 170, Aubrey wrote:Wouldn’t scum cheeky check before lying like that...?
if we take that as a given we must then deduce that town!cheeky is likely to fabricate a meta read

I think it's more likely that scum cheeky doesn't check than town cheeky just makes up reads

You make a point. When I'm scum I'm highly cautious about things like this, so it's hard for me to wrap my head around a play like that coming from scum. Unless you follow Maestro's logic. Similar to how someone said "
Love these posts
" and was later scrutinized due to word choice. There could be a chance of that happening here.
In post 142, Shoshin wrote:That's a pro-town worry to have. Why do you think I'm scum?
It's more of a, "
I'm not following a number of your processes, and opposing some of the reasonings
" It also goes back to what I spoke to Slimer about.

There are also twitches I get when I'm reading you. post was one. Another was when you said the below.
In post 107, Shoshin wrote:I don't think you should keep scumreading me for things I regularly do as town.
Self diagnosis of town play never looks good to me. Someone else should say this for you, not you onto yourself.

--

If you take away Oka's town read on you, it partially represents some of my hinderance with you. Altering his words a bit.
In post 183, OkaPoka wrote:Shoshin has limited herself too much to win as scum, even if its disagreeable.
as scum, dishing out town-reads left and right can get you town-read for being pro active, but it also makes it harder for you to easily shift stances. Double edge sword. I think a decent scummer can use this sword, and recant the reads later down the line. This is where I disagree with Oka.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:17 pm

Post by northsidegal »

Prodding theslimer3.
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart
northsidegal