Almost Chara
Almost Chara
Mafia Scum
Almost Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:14 pm

Post by Almost Chara »

In post 197, Taly wrote:By the way, can you explain your lynch pool Almost?
I don't feel like I should at this time (i.e. before I get to talk to Chara). Once we've discussed and reached a "close to mutual" reads then I/they can post the reasoning behind the read on each slot.

~A50
[
wiki
] hydra of
Almost50
and
Chara
[
Win:Loss
]
T 2:2
S 1:1
3P 1:0
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:16 pm

Post by Varsoon »

I forgot how much I love Taly-posting.
It's been too looong.

I don't know what to make of Mephisto. They kept coming up with excuses/outs for STW to take, which rang a bit awkward to me.
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him, she/her

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:25 pm

Post by Taly »

In post 200, Almost Chara wrote:
In post 197, Taly wrote:By the way, can you explain your lynch pool Almost?
I don't feel like I should at this time (i.e. before I get to talk to Chara). Once we've discussed and reached a "close to mutual" reads then I/they can post the reasoning behind the read on each slot.

~A50
good answer

ok townread strengthened ty
A50
<3
"Taly is going to be a hot mess all game and I am entertained" ~ Gammagooey
"The human race is bad at reading Taly." ~the worst
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
"Taly wins for the most fence-sitty reads in a game ever" ~Battle Mage
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him, she/her

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:32 pm

Post by Taly »

In post 201, Varsoon wrote:I forgot how much I love Taly-posting.
It's been too looong.
<3 <3 <3 <3 <3

gonna go eat bye
"Taly is going to be a hot mess all game and I am entertained" ~ Gammagooey
"The human race is bad at reading Taly." ~the worst
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
"Taly wins for the most fence-sitty reads in a game ever" ~Battle Mage
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:46 pm

Post by Alchemist21 »

I think mephisto giving outs makes them Town. Scum-to-Town wouldn’t give an out at all, and we know scum have daytalk so if they were scum together I imagine that giving them an idea on how to excuse their play would have happened in the scum PT. Town gives outs like that when they want to consider the possibilities without jumping the gun. It’s a fluffy slot but I think that’s mostly Ari being Ari.
Shoshin the worst
Shoshin the worst
Goon
Shoshin the worst
Goon
Goon

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:08 pm

Post by Shoshin the worst »

VOTE: u r a person 2
hydra of Shoshin & the worst!
Mephistophanes 39
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Goon

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:12 pm

Post by Mephistophanes 39 »

In post 115, Varsoon wrote:I'm unsure why you keep providing them the 'out' of it being an RVS gag.
Shoshin isn't really a joking player.
Even TW is fairly serious.
I mean, they've now clarified that they decided to do this pregame making it NAI and also not worth any more discussion about.
I just thought it might be a thing.
In post 122, Mephistophanes 39 wrote:
In post 119, Shoshin the worst wrote:
In post 111, Mephistophanes 39 wrote:Ari no, I disagree, Varsoon is right. Does it necessarily make them scum? No but this isn’t your old site and they know that here and they are digging in thier heels despite strong opposition. That isn’t sitting right with me.

~Nancy
This is an example of the behavior we're avoiding. Yes, we're a fictive person, but that doesn't mean we're incapable of playing together as one.

-Shoshin & the worst (aka Shoshin the worst)
Why is Ari and I disagreeing on something bad for town?
Did we get an answer to this? S&W, please do that.
In post 125, Alchemist21 wrote:I hate to be anal about this but could you put down either a vote or unvote just in case the mod does count it?
In post 128, Alchemist21 wrote:Thank you.

VOTE: Shoshin and the worst
POSTURING!!!
Like, this is so fucking posturing.
Like, out vote did not count. I can guarantee that! You know that! So why does it matter if we unvote or not, especially considering it will be shown in the next VC that we are not, and even if we are, it's only L-1.
In post 126, Varsoon wrote:Yeah, it's not really good form to vote with intent but not with actual names.
:roll:
[redacted snarky comment because I like Varsoon]
In post 129, Varsoon wrote:Trust, I was tempted to take advantage of it, make ShoshinTW think they were lynched, see the response, but I don't know if
1. it would've fooled them
2. they would've given any worthwhile info and not just WIFOM
Well, no way to do that now. Why throw out an opportunity like this? Take the chance!
Don't like that you didn't tbh.

- Por Flavor
Show

Pleased to meet you,
Hope you guess our name.
But what's puzzling you,
Is the nature of our game.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:15 pm

Post by Varsoon »

I was more interested in playing it straight and there was no way I'd be able to fake into a hammer there given I was already voting the wagon.
Tibor and Lumia
Tibor and Lumia
Goon
Tibor and Lumia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:20 pm

Post by Tibor and Lumia »

I like this Mephistophanes character, which is as far as I will go without consulting Gamma Gamma Bing Bong.

UNVOTE:

I would prefer as we are getting into the lynching numbers if I could consult with my hydra partner before a lynch occurs.

Sorry, cat hair for giving up even more fake hammers.

-Brasivers Cuomo
Tibor (Brassherald) and Lumia (Gamma Emerald)
Mephistophanes 39
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Goon

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:22 pm

I guess I'm going page by page...
In post 134, Varsoon wrote:@Mephistophanes: The second link works--it should bring you to TAZ mafia, with a search for 'stretch', yielding no results.
You're welcome to search that game on your own:
viewtopic.php?f=54&t=77242
In post 139, Mephistophanes 39 wrote:
In post 134, Varsoon wrote:@Mephistophanes: The second link works--it should bring you to TAZ mafia, with a search for 'stretch', yielding no results.
You're welcome to search that game on your own:
viewtopic.php?f=54&t=77242
It’s really mindblowing how often scum!Shoshin used that word in Starcraft 1 and never once in TAZ. I don’t recall her using it in Labrynth either.
In post 140, Varsoon wrote:I searched, she didn't.
I even made a joke of it in Starcraft and Shoshin acknowledged I was using her words.
This whole argument is so stupid. I'm sorry but using a term in a game just means that was your vibe that game. I often get onto a phrase and it seems to just come out time after time in a game. It's not an alignment thing though.
In post 138, Mephistophanes 39 wrote:
In post 105, Shoshin the worst wrote:This is our first game ever. No meta exists for us yet.

-Shoshin & the worst
How can you possibly say this?

~N
...because they are one slot and there is no meta for their combined slot yet? I thought that was obvious tbh.
In post 136, Varsoon wrote:@Taly: Why does town keep up the schtick if it gets this much opposition either?
Did we get an andwer to this? Could we, Taly?
In post 146, Alchemist21 wrote:
@Mod; Is there going to be a record of previous Days’ player list orders or do players have to manually keep track of previous orders?
Could we get an answer to this too? :)
In post 151, Shoshin the worst wrote:
In post 143, u r a person 2 wrote:This signing posts thing and follow up posts are the scummiest posts of the thread. Why does town you not just go okok jeez and start signing?
We are signing. That doesn't change the fact that most posts are written by both of us.

-Shoshin & the worst
:lol:
Honestly, you two are the worst...and shoshin :P
But really, this is amusing and I'm sorry people aren't appreciating your great trolling here XD
In post 154, Alchemist21 wrote:
In post 150, Shoshin the worst wrote:
In post 137, Mephistophanes 39 wrote: Varsoon posted 2 links, one to Starcraft 1, where you encouraged everyone multiple times to “stretch their mind” and the second, to TAZ, where you didn’t do that even once.
That's a bad use of meta. There's nothing inherently scummy about that phrase. It just means "break out the box you're in," or "challenge your way of thinking," which are phrases I've definitely used before as town (e.g. in Laybrinth when discussing your reads).

For some background, I say "stretch your mind" quite often in my yoga teaching to shift how people relate to their mind/body during a practice. It's just a part of how I speak in real life contexts. I'd never thought to use it in the context of mafia until Starcraft 1 because I don't usually use the phrase in an intellectual context.

I was very happy with how it applied in Starcraft 1 and I couldn't even contain my excitement when Varsoon picked the phrase up. Yes, it's such a great phrase that even Varsoon (who doesn't seem to like me much) used the phrase himself in Starcraft 1, as TOWN. Point being, it has nothing to do with alignment. It's just a phrase with a useful meaning in the context of a mafia game. I intend to use it a lot more.

-the worst
Did... did he just purposely sign the post wrong?
Yes. They are never going to sign properly. Can we please just move the fuck on from this!?
They aren't going to change it, so lets take out own advise and go "okay fine" and MOVE ON ALREADY!

- Por Flavor
Show

Pleased to meet you,
Hope you guess our name.
But what's puzzling you,
Mephistophanes 39
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Goon

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:34 pm

In post 166, Shoshin the worst wrote:I'm not negotiating. I am telling you, if you're town you need to start reconsidering the way you approach this kind of situation.
When I'm less annoyed I will be looking for players who are actually trying to sort the game.

Why are you hyperfocusing on our hydra dynamic when it is a pregame decision and there are fourteen other slots?
I agree with S&W here tbh. Sorry Var, but they're right.
Why not engage someone else? This thread needs to breath and you two going at it is smothering it.
In post 169, Varsoon wrote:Your hydra signing is the least of why I scumread you.
I'm not going to re-assess because the last time that you used a combination of 'stretch your mind', emotional rhetoric, and this kind of browbeating to force me to reassess an early scumread on you, you were third party anti-town.
So, nope.
Not going to happen.
I don't see much of the above as scummy. Are these your main reasins for scumreading the slot?
Because it seems like you're honestly just a little butthurt they aren't giving in. Which is fine and all, just admit it and I'm happy!
Otherwise this is a really weak case.
In post 170, Shoshin the worst wrote:
In post 168, u r a person 2 wrote:
In post 163, Shoshin the worst wrote:@nancy you should feel bad for nearly every post you've made. Literally. You're peddling nonsense.
@harpoon your ISO has become such a farce I'm losing my rvs townread on you. get back to fucking playing.
can i take these to be scum reads?
sadly not. we are nulltown on Varsoon but are also considering just ignoring him until he removes his trousers from his head. Ari has also been towny and I am not sure getting preoccupied by this bullshit is scum indicative for Nancy.

take it as my "slap yourself upside the head" reads.

taly is a scumread though
<3 You get me :)
I am interested by this Taly read and look forward to it coming more to light!
In post 180, Varsoon wrote:Fully reveal it now.
I'm not going to let you beat around the bush.
Your answer in 177 says to me "I do not actually have a good reason and I am fabricating one; in the meantime, please come up with something on your own to justify my play and maybe come to a scumread conclusion there yourself."

So, no.
I won't just 'look at some ISO's and 'get the gist of it'.
You'll explain it in full detail and won't 'hide' anything that you don't want to reveal 'quite yet', because that's bullshit.
Yeah.....When they say no because they want to see it develop naturally and so they don't scare him off it makes perfect sense. You pushing for the reveal of the Taly read is really yuck.
In post 182, Varsoon wrote:You talking about how you look in relation to me is scum posturing and attempts to make me change my position solely for towncred from you, which is something I could care less about.

I want your Taly read explained so that I can further understand the game at hand; not because it'll buy you any towncred.
The burden on me is not to explain why Taly is town; stop trying to walk back your read or force me to do something inorganic like explain a read I don't have and just explain your own damn read that you've already claimed.
Are you okay man?
They aren't going to sign as you like and they aren't explaining this read right now so...Iunno why you're trying to strongarm them into it.
Like you say they are browbeating and using emotional rhetoric, but that's exactly what I see from you...

- Por Flavor
Show

Pleased to meet you,
Hope you guess our name.
But what's puzzling you,
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:39 pm

Post by Alchemist21 »

In post 206, Mephistophanes 39 wrote:
In post 115, Varsoon wrote:I'm unsure why you keep providing them the 'out' of it being an RVS gag.
Shoshin isn't really a joking player.
Even TW is fairly serious.
I mean, they've now clarified that they decided to do this pregame making it NAI and also not worth any more discussion about.
I just thought it might be a thing.
In post 122, Mephistophanes 39 wrote:
In post 119, Shoshin the worst wrote:
In post 111, Mephistophanes 39 wrote:Ari no, I disagree, Varsoon is right. Does it necessarily make them scum? No but this isn’t your old site and they know that here and they are digging in thier heels despite strong opposition. That isn’t sitting right with me.

~Nancy
This is an example of the behavior we're avoiding. Yes, we're a fictive person, but that doesn't mean we're incapable of playing together as one.

-Shoshin & the worst (aka Shoshin the worst)
Why is Ari and I disagreeing on something bad for town?
Did we get an answer to this? S&W, please do that.
In post 125, Alchemist21 wrote:I hate to be anal about this but could you put down either a vote or unvote just in case the mod does count it?
In post 128, Alchemist21 wrote:Thank you.

VOTE: Shoshin and the worst
POSTURING!!!
Like, this is so fucking posturing.
Like, out vote did not count. I can guarantee that! You know that! So why does it matter if we unvote or not, especially considering it will be shown in the next VC that we are not, and even if we are, it's only L-1.
In post 126, Varsoon wrote:Yeah, it's not really good form to vote with intent but not with actual names.
:roll:
[redacted snarky comment because I like Varsoon]
In post 129, Varsoon wrote:Trust, I was tempted to take advantage of it, make ShoshinTW think they were lynched, see the response, but I don't know if
1. it would've fooled them
2. they would've given any worthwhile info and not just WIFOM
Well, no way to do that now. Why throw out an opportunity like this? Take the chance!
Don't like that you didn't tbh.

- Por Flavor
I haven’t modded in ages and can’t say Krazy is like me, but I personally would have counted your vote as a mod since the post it came with made it apparent who it was directed at. I really want my vote there but not if it’s going to run the risk of a lolhammer ending the day prematurely.
Mephistophanes 39
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Goon

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:47 pm

In post 191, Almost Chara wrote:All caught up. Time to get us shot tonight. :P

Preliminary lynch pool (in no particular order): Shoshin the worst, Mewtaph, u r a person 2, pinturucchio, nicorobin, Kokichi Oma

Everyone else is on the positive side of null to some degree.

Disclaimer: I have not discussed any reads/reasoning with Chara yet. Thi8s preliminary list is subject to change when we do get to discuss stuff in the PT. After all, it's D1 and Chara is the one with the gift of tone reading alignments.

~The guy watching TV, playing Mafia, following a soccer game and eating all at the same time.
SEE now this is what I'm here for!
And while this is an easy throwaway post for scum, coming in when it did seems towny.
In post 192, pinturicchio wrote:Hey, I forgot this existed. I'm going to catch up now. Just skimmed this page and saw the votecount: UNVOTE: shoshin the worst , let's see what happened there.

By the way Shoshin and duck, could you sign your posts please? I don't know Shoshin and I think I can somewhat read the aussie
Uggh, why did you have to ask this! Of All Things! THIS!!! :facepalm:
In post 193, Taly wrote:
In post 181, Shoshin the worst wrote:taly is the kind of player capable of writing in a narrative driven fashion which means if we alert him to what were looking at/for too early, we'll lose what momentum we do have.
~ the worst & Shoshin
I'm flattered you guys think I'm this good as scum... but I think you guys underestimate my perceptiveness as town. :P

But this reinforces my point above. You both are using meta-logic to explain an early read on me, on how I make consistent narratives as scum.

Yet the only focal point I've made are two stances that I gathered through a 1v1 between you and
Varsoon
, which I townread both of you on. There's no motivation or means I could get towncred by posturing myself around your potential lynch if nobody is even entertaining my train of thought.
Two interessting points.
One is that I don't think you are outside your scungame yet, so I'll be keeping you in mind as the game progresses.
Second is the TvT read of S&W and Var. Can you explain the last line of this quote to me please?
In post 197, Taly wrote:
Mephistophanes
is an iffy read at the moment...
Ari
has contributed almost little to nothing of a unique thought, and I thought
Nancy
would do more than
"just misuderstand"
STW's
hydra
"not gonna sign"
thing

Almost Chara
obvtowned in

Like I can't see how scum would group such a specific area of people in a lynch pool, and proceed to give an honest positive read to the rest of the playerlist with the amount of chaos and town communication barriers present in the game thus far.
(A 1v1, an L-1'd wagon that spawned from RVS initially, etc.)

By the way, can you explain your lynch pool
Almost?
I've had unique thoughts!!! </3
In post 199, Taly wrote:also for everyone who disagrees with me on
STW
, give me a SIMPLE bullet-pointed list on the reasons their posting is scum-motivated

*optional challenge because y not?*

convince me how
Mephisto
isn't scum :)
Because our Role PM was green :P
Nice appreviation btw! Mephisto sounds awesome =D
In post 201, Varsoon wrote:I forgot how much I love Taly-posting.
It's been too looong.

I don't know what to make of Mephisto. They kept coming up with excuses/outs for STW to take, which rang a bit awkward to me.
Well you keep being ridiculous. I'm just trying to be a reasonable party in all of this!
In post 204, Alchemist21 wrote:I think mephisto giving outs makes them Town. Scum-to-Town wouldn’t give an out at all, and we know scum have daytalk so if they were scum together I imagine that giving them an idea on how to excuse their play would have happened in the scum PT. Town gives outs like that when they want to consider the possibilities without jumping the gun. It’s a fluffy slot but I think that’s mostly Ari being Ari.
I'm...I'm fuffly and unoriginal eh?
Geez guys </3

XD I kid. I like the way you are thinking critically about this so that's points into the townbin :)

- Por Flavor
Show

Pleased to meet you,
Hope you guess our name.
But what's puzzling you,
Mephistophanes 39
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Goon

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:49 pm

In post 211, Alchemist21 wrote:I haven’t modded in ages and can’t say Krazy is like me, but I personally would have counted your vote as a mod since the post it came with made it apparent who it was directed at. I really want my vote there but not if it’s going to run the risk of a lolhammer ending the day prematurely.
*sigh*

Fine, I'll null that strike against you.

Just, I don't know any mod that would count that, at least in the current site modding pool.

-
Obvistophanes
Por Flavor
Show

Pleased to meet you,
Hope you guess our name.
But what's puzzling you,
Almost Chara
Almost Chara
Mafia Scum
Almost Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:55 pm

Post by Almost Chara »

i love hydraing with Almost. he's so good at stroking my ego. <3
i should actually read this. i'm pretty tired and unfortunately dealing with some things that are taking up more time than expected.
but i'll at least catch up before i sleep.
~Chara
[
wiki
] hydra of
Almost50
and
Chara
[
]
Tibor and Lumia
Tibor and Lumia
Goon
Tibor and Lumia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:01 pm

There’s a lot I have not read yet. That’s good, game was feeling slow before.
-Gams
Tibor and Lumia
Tibor and Lumia
Goon
Tibor and Lumia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:05 pm

In post 77, Varsoon wrote:I don't understand why town would ever commit to play that knowingly hinders reads accuracy.
I've seen and been in plenty of hydras where we've used the hydra itself (signing, hydra dissonance, etc) as a means of posturing and being harder to read, but only ever as scum.
Only time I’ve ever tried it was with drealmerz in the DDU hydra blitz that was discussed in the signups by me and Ari. It ended poorly, we were town though.
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:33 pm

Post by u r a person 2 »

In post 205, Shoshin the worst wrote:VOTE: u r a person 2
sup bro

Taly looks townie but I didn't have another good place to vote so I was kind of just waiting for something to go on

I'm also concerned about my ability to read this player list as a whole at a rate better than average.

and have been toying with the question of whether sheeping a player or hydra experienced with the player set might be greater +eV than following my own reads

not really straight sheeping but committing myself to ++weighting their reads

Someone like Almost Chara - I like the thinking behind A50's lynch pool, or at least what I infer the thinking to be. But I'm also in that lynch pool which has to lower the equity of the entire worldview

I've also noticed pintu promising a catch up, and I've been watching to see if he was going to follow through. I guess it's been long enough to plop a vote there.

VOTE: Pintu
103-11 0-2
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:34 pm

Post by u r a person 2 »

In post 217, u r a person 2 wrote:rate better than average.
should read
rate better than random
103-11 0-2
Almost Chara
Almost Chara
Mafia Scum
Almost Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:34 pm

Post by Almost Chara »

In post 43, Taly wrote::D so much opportunity to get pocketed!!

._. im gonna have to reread that playerlist movement night action stuff arent i?

not feeling the
kokichi
IC claim but i slight townvibe it anyway

VOTE: Almost Chara

RVS is bullshit but square up w me, both heads now

~ Taly
this post isn't AI, i just like it.
In post 136, Varsoon wrote:@Taly: Why does town keep up the schtick if it gets this much opposition either?
i think town is more likely than scum to keep with a shtick regardless of how it's viewed. i would prefer Shoshin and the worst sign, but i don't think i can make them.

for what it's worth, i think it weakens their posting overall, and it really seems like more work than the payoff warrants. but everyone has their own way of doing hydras. for me, hydraing with anyone besides Almost has not really worked out. and we do talk about our reads (and strategies, when scum), but for the most part we play independently. we've never gotten complaints about that, though, at least not that i remember.

oof, okay. not a game i can easily catch up in. but that's okay, that's on me.
but i have townreads on Taly and Varsoon. they're both preliminary.
i'm unwilling to dismiss Varsoon vs. STW as TvT, but that's my first impression of it, especially with STWs reaction. i buy Varsoon's belief in his case too.
~Chara

(i think Almost's and my posts are really easy to tell apart... it's as simple as my hatred of sentence capitalization.)
[
wiki
] hydra of
Almost50
and
Chara
[
]
Tibor and Lumia
Tibor and Lumia
Goon
Tibor and Lumia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:44 pm

In post 90, Shoshin the worst wrote:We're doing this because we think two players posting independently under the same slot harms the ability to scumhunt. We're avoiding any sort of schizophrenic posturing, hydra dissonance, disorganized/contradictory noise, which means you can treat us as if we aren't a hydra. This will make things easier for those who dislike or struggle with sorting hydras.

Stretch your minds a bit, break out the "hydra theory" box you're in, and maybe you'll realize that we're doing this for the town's benefit? We'd never limit ourselves like this as scum (before the game we discussed different ways we could abuse hydra mechanic if we were scum and this wasn't it).

-Shoshin & the worst (super redundant but I guess we'll keep signing for our slower-witted readers)
To add onto the last thing I commented on: when I started playing there was a consensus that hydra dissonance was a scummy thing. It’s not, and honestly has the possibility to indicate Town more often than scum. Say one head is embroiled in a 1v1 with another player, hydra or not doesn’t matter. Then the other head of the hydra comes in and presents very solid reasoning for the other person in the 1v1 to be Town. It’s highly unlikely scum try to do that unless they’re playing a big WIFOM game, because it completely undermines the first head’s efforts in the 1v1.
I came up with this in DnD Upick and despite abondaning the read the the tell had merit (to explain, I townread the hydra I used it on, changed my read later, they flipped town eventually).
-Gamma
Tibor and Lumia
Tibor and Lumia
Goon
Tibor and Lumia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:48 pm

In post 102, ProFlavor wrote:
In post 87, Varsoon wrote:@Proflavor: Could you sign your posts?

~ woof
In post 117, Tibor and Lumia wrote:The mod already asked everyone to sign their posts. I think reads should be discussed beforehand and I will be doing that with Gamma but tone is different, people using different tones than their town or scum tone can be used to read them.

-Bherald
FYI I am gonna be a little more lax re:signing if I’m mentioning meta as I’ve played a lot more than brass, nothing against him.
-you know who it is.
Tibor and Lumia
Tibor and Lumia
Goon
Tibor and Lumia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:53 pm

In post 148, Taly wrote:Also, I've never heard specific phrases come from specific alignments in people... so the
"stretch your mind"
tell doesn't make sense to me?

UNVOTE:
I know it happens, iirc that’s how Ellibereth became so good at scumhunting
-G. Cash
Tibor and Lumia
Tibor and Lumia
Goon
Tibor and Lumia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:57 pm

In post 137, Mephistophanes 39 wrote: Varsoon posted 2 links, one to Starcraft 1, where you encouraged everyone multiple times to “stretch their mind” and the second, to TAZ, where you didn’t do that even once.
That's a bad use of meta. There's nothing inherently scummy about that phrase. It just means "break out the box you're in," or "challenge your way of thinking," which are phrases I've definitely used before as town (e.g. in Laybrinth when discussing your reads).

For some background, I say "stretch your mind" quite often in my yoga teaching to shift how people relate to their mind/body during a practice. It's just a part of how I speak in real life contexts. I'd never thought to use it in the context of mafia until Starcraft 1 because I don't usually use the phrase in an intellectual context.

I was very happy with how it applied in Starcraft 1 and I couldn't even contain my excitement when Varsoon picked the phrase up. Yes, it's such a great phrase that even Varsoon (who doesn't seem to like me much) used the phrase himself in Starcraft 1, as TOWN. Point being, it has nothing to do with alignment. It's just a phrase with a useful meaning in the context of a mafia game. I intend to use it a lot more.

-
the worst
Hol up
Why you signing as your hydra mate Shoshin?
The only time I’ve considered THAT trick was as scum in a hydra with NM, and while part of the plan there was just to be silly, there was also intent to confuse posting times with it. So there’s tangible scum advantage to signing as the wrong head.
-Emerald Star
Mephistophanes 39
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Goon

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:00 pm

In post 223, Tibor and Lumia wrote:

-
the worst
Hol up
Why you signing as your hydra mate Shoshin?
The only time I’ve considered THAT trick was as scum in a hydra with NM, and while part of the plan there was just to be silly, there was also intent to confuse posting times with it. So there’s tangible scum advantage to signing as the wrong head.
-Emerald Star
It's not a trick, they're doing it to purposely troll Varsoon and others worried about signing.
They left clues as to who it was in both missigned posts, and people picked up on them.
They're making a statement, plain and simple. Nothing AI in it.
Show

Pleased to meet you,
Hope you guess our name.
But what's puzzling you,

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”