dcorbe
dcorbe
Goon
dcorbe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #935 (isolation #0) » Fri May 16, 2008 6:59 am

Post by dcorbe »

I obviously stepped into a mess here so I owe the entire game a good and thorough read. Since I'm in the middle of working it's something I can't do right this second. I'll give this game my utmost attention tonight when I get an opportunity.
armlx wrote:Hi dcorbe. Sorry you had to replace into this scenario. Please claim your role immediately or be lynched.
I'm not going to role claim. That's just a lame cop-out. I know my role but nobody else does or needs to.

If I get lynched, I get lynched.

If I claim a pro-town role, you either believe me and give me a pass, or you don't and I get lynched.

If I claim an anti-town role, I get lynched anyways.

Once I've done an initial read of this thread, I'll try and address some of the outstanding issues.
dcorbe
dcorbe
Goon
dcorbe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #937 (isolation #1) » Fri May 16, 2008 7:03 am

Post by dcorbe »

armlx wrote:
dcorbe wrote: If I claim a pro-town role, you either believe me and give me a pass, or you don't and I get lynched.
Yeah, thats sort of the point.
And if I am to be judged based on my predecessor's actions what's the point of role claiming if you've made up your mind already? That's sort of my point ;)
dcorbe
dcorbe
Goon
dcorbe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #939 (isolation #2) » Fri May 16, 2008 7:12 am

Post by dcorbe »

I think you need to give me a chance to read the entire thread before demanding that I stake a claim. You've obviously been waiting on pins and needles for me to reply.
dcorbe
dcorbe
Goon
dcorbe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #941 (isolation #3) » Fri May 16, 2008 7:22 am

Post by dcorbe »

armlx wrote:If your claim is something we can confirm, then we do that and you don't get lynched if you aren't lying.
I'd be happy to.
armlx wrote: Rather you claim now so if you are going to lie, you don't get to reread and make a better lie based on that.
But you don't seem to get the point of "uninformed majority". If I'm not given sufficient time to arm myself with what little knowledge that I can gain from reading the thread, I can't very well claim something that you can either confirm or refute, now can I? At that point I would simply be saying "I'm a townie" and it would be my word against your prior knowledge of events that have transpired in this thread.
dcorbe
dcorbe
Goon
dcorbe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #943 (isolation #4) » Fri May 16, 2008 7:26 am

Post by dcorbe »

armlx wrote:You fail to see my point. Some roles are inherently confirmable as their night action leaves a trace of its occurrence. I'm not talking about confirming based on in thread actions.
I understand your point, but how am I expected to be able to defend my own actions if I don't know what they were!?

I'm not going to sit here and have a one-sided debate with you.
dcorbe
dcorbe
Goon
dcorbe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #945 (isolation #5) » Fri May 16, 2008 7:31 am

Post by dcorbe »

Why do I HAVE to role claim?

I think it's pretty obvious that anyone joining a game isn't going to want to get lynched right away. Why on earth would I claim anything other than a pro-town role?

You've already made up your mind, obviously.
dcorbe
dcorbe
Goon
dcorbe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #947 (isolation #6) » Fri May 16, 2008 7:40 am

Post by dcorbe »

Armix,

I'm a little suspicious of your own motives. This is starting to sound like an attempt to divert attention away from yourself. Keeping me on the defensive is going to cast doubt on me and placate your own motives.

I've got 4 votes, for sure, but people on this thread have obviously shown interest in lynching you too. Keep your own in mind before you continue soap-boxing.

I'm not going to continue to dignify this with meaningless responses.
dcorbe
dcorbe
Goon
dcorbe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #949 (isolation #7) » Fri May 16, 2008 8:29 am

Post by dcorbe »

I'm not trying to deflect, I'm just trying to point out your overly aggressive stance.

If dropping hints isn't enough, I'll just come right out and say it. I'm NOT mafia. I'm a townie. Lynching me isn't going to end the game.
dcorbe
dcorbe
Goon
dcorbe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #953 (isolation #8) » Fri May 16, 2008 8:46 am

Post by dcorbe »

Sorry for my n00bism but what does ABWOP mean?

:mrgreen:
dcorbe
dcorbe
Goon
dcorbe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #969 (isolation #9) » Fri May 16, 2008 5:18 pm

Post by dcorbe »

vollkan wrote:
dcorbe wrote: If I claim an anti-town role, I get lynched anyways.
Why did you mention this possibility?
dcorbe wrote: I'm not trying to deflect, I'm just trying to point out your overly aggressive stance.

If dropping hints isn't enough, I'll just come right out and say it. I'm NOT mafia. I'm a townie. Lynching me isn't going to end the game.
Hmm...I have my doubts as to whether you are not mafia, but you don't affirm whether or not you are SK. Dcorbe, if you are SK it is of crucial importance for your own sake that you claim right now. I don't want to reveal why at this point in time, because it will play right into the mafia's hands, but the way this game has panned out, in this particular setup, means that if you are SK, you can only win at this point in time by claiming.

I know this may sound highly counterintuitive but, if you think hard enough, it should be obvious why you need to claim.
I'm certainly not the SK either. The SK is still alive and out there somewhere.
dcorbe
dcorbe
Goon
dcorbe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #972 (isolation #10) » Fri May 16, 2008 5:54 pm

Post by dcorbe »

FOS: armix

Does anyone find it odd that all armix and the people he replaced ever did was snipe? Certainly seems like something an SK would do.. Offer up heads with no real solid explanations. No OMGUS intended.
dcorbe
dcorbe
Goon
dcorbe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #974 (isolation #11) » Fri May 16, 2008 6:08 pm

Post by dcorbe »

armlx wrote:All I have done is snipe, eh? No posting of full cases, long posts analyzing the game up to this point. No, none of that.
You joined the game around page 35. You replaced loudmouthlee. You claimed to be "rereading" that very night, though that's the first post from you in the entire thread.

Since page 35 I don't see ANY of the "long analyitcal" posts you're referring to.
dcorbe
dcorbe
Goon
dcorbe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #976 (isolation #12) » Fri May 16, 2008 7:29 pm

Post by dcorbe »

Armix (and to everyone in general),

[quote "armix"] Analytical enough for you?[/quote]

I guess. One post. But as I said you haven't been on this thread very long so I don't quite know what to make of it yet.

There's still a few people left (The Fonz, vollkan iamuser) who still haven't commented yet; however, nobody has rushed to my defense yet and based on the initial reaction to my presence here and the comments thus far in reaction to what I have posted, it doesn't look as if anyone is going to rush to my defense either.

You would think that with an SK still in the game, and only 2 Mafia left, that the mob wouldn't want to hang their own out to dry.

As you pointed out, I have most of the lynch votes right now. Who else do you suspect as mob? Surely a mob-on-mob voting wouldn't be taking place this late in the game, with so few mobsters left.

If I were mob, SOMEONE out there would be defending me right now, no?

I'm only asking for the benefit of the doubt here.
dcorbe
dcorbe
Goon
dcorbe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #978 (isolation #13) » Fri May 16, 2008 7:57 pm

Post by dcorbe »

I may have over stated my point a bit. There's a difference though between blatantly defending and really aiding me right now in my time of need.

From the point of view of the mob right now, the odds are bad with 2, but worse with 1. If I were personally in that position (which I am not) I would come to the defense of another in this particular situation, hope that the serial killer gets a townie, lynch a townie, and nightkilll a townie. Now game balance is in the mob's favor.
dcorbe
dcorbe
Goon
dcorbe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1000 (isolation #14) » Sun May 18, 2008 10:29 pm

Post by dcorbe »

Cipher wrote:Actually, the SK would still have a slim chance of victory if he claimed now (see my earlier post). dcorbe should get a chance to claim SK if that's what he is, otherwise I'm thinking this wagon is probably going to end in his lynch. To be clear: the town categorically does not want to lynch the SK today.

I think that the makeup of the wagon may have something to with activity, though that doesn't completely explain it.
I've already claimed. If I go back on my word and claim "SK" all that does is provide even more ammunition for my aggressors to sit back and say "that's a scummy move" and lynch me.

I'm walking on egg shells with spiked shoes here :)
dcorbe
dcorbe
Goon
dcorbe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1005 (isolation #15) » Mon May 19, 2008 4:45 am

Post by dcorbe »

vollkan wrote:
dcorbe wrote:
Cipher wrote:Actually, the SK would still have a slim chance of victory if he claimed now (see my earlier post). dcorbe should get a chance to claim SK if that's what he is, otherwise I'm thinking this wagon is probably going to end in his lynch. To be clear: the town categorically does not want to lynch the SK today.

I think that the makeup of the wagon may have something to with activity, though that doesn't completely explain it.
I've already claimed. If I go back on my word and claim "SK" all that does is provide even more ammunition for my aggressors to sit back and say "that's a scummy move" and lynch me.

I'm walking on egg shells with spiked shoes here :)
You're inexperienced at this game, which would explain the gross error in your post here.

First off, if you are town you absolutely should not claim SK under any circumstances. Let me stress that firmly. The reasons for this are related to my other 'reasons' that, as before, I would prefer not to have to reveal in thread.

That said, if you are SK then claiming SK most definitely will
not
result in your lynch. Maybe it's because you lack experience, but the reason for this should be
pretty obvious
. To give you some idea as to why I am advocating this: SK claiming will cause both the SK's chances of success to elevate, the town's chances to elevant, and the mafia's chances to plummet.
All excellent points here. I see how this could be logical.

I did falsely claim my role initially for a couple of reasons.

1) I wasn't sure if it was proper to ever claim your role under any circumstances. I figured that sort of defeats the purpose of the game. It does sound a little bit like a cheat to a total noob.

2) I didn't want to be lynched, so I figured claiming a pro-town role was my only shot.

Claim: SK
dcorbe
dcorbe
Goon
dcorbe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1008 (isolation #16) » Mon May 19, 2008 6:10 am

Post by dcorbe »

vollkan wrote:
dcorbe wrote: Claim: SK
:lol:

Dcorbe, you may be interested (and probably very pissed off) to know that everything I have been saying about it being good for the SK to claim was complete and utter bullshit. I laid a trap, and you fell right into it.

I am sure that you are not town now, since I expressly told you not to claim SK as town. Which means that you are either town, or mafia. Either way, I want you dead. NOW.

With my might hammer, I smite thee:
Vote: dcorbe
How do you know I'm not lying about that, too?
dcorbe
dcorbe
Goon
dcorbe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1009 (isolation #17) » Mon May 19, 2008 6:13 am

Post by dcorbe »

Nice. I think I'm actually managing to get myself lynched FASTER.
dcorbe
dcorbe
Goon
dcorbe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1010 (isolation #18) » Mon May 19, 2008 6:21 am

Post by dcorbe »

Vote: The Fonz
for not saying anything since I replaced into this game.
dcorbe
dcorbe
Goon
dcorbe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1017 (isolation #19) » Mon May 19, 2008 11:58 am

Post by dcorbe »

My original claim was townie. If I'm lying about this, then I'll probably be killed by either the SK or the Mob tonight.

I don't think iamausername's notion of my survivability if I DON'T get lynched right away flies. I'm likely to be killed by either the SK or the Mob tonight if I'm not mob. If I'm still alive tomorrow you've basically confirmed my role.

If I'm NOT lying about my original pro-town claim, we're all basically wasting a lynch at this point. and it potentially means that up to 2 more of us townies are going to die tonight. Do we really want to do that?

If I'm NOT lying about my SK Claim (and as Cipher and Stheven pointed out) I could potentially be in a position to help the town.

@dahill1: Who are the confirmed pro-town roles right now?
dcorbe
dcorbe
Goon
dcorbe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1152 (isolation #20) » Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:11 am

Post by dcorbe »

Nice job fonz :)

Since I was lynched early on do I put this one in my lose column or does this count as a win?

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”