Mephistophanes 39
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Goon

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:00 pm

Post by Mephistophanes 39 »

^^^ You know who the fuck this is because nancy isn't on board with this shit and I've made it clear I am. Not signing it.
Show

Pleased to meet you,
Hope you guess our name.
But what's puzzling you,
Is the nature of our game.
pinturicchio
pinturicchio
Mafia Scum
pinturicchio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:01 pm

Post by pinturicchio »

Sorry guys couldn't catch up when I said I was gonna. I'm reading this tomorrow.
Mephistophanes 39
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Goon

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:03 pm

Gdi what a time to pagetop XD
pinturicchio wrote:Sorry guys couldn't catch up when I said I was gonna. I'm reading this tomorrow.
Looking forward to it~
Show

Pleased to meet you,
Hope you guess our name.
But what's puzzling you,
Tibor and Lumia
Tibor and Lumia
Goon
Tibor and Lumia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:05 pm

Post by Tibor and Lumia »

In post 185, u r a person 2 wrote:i read over the isos

varsoon could be right

but i don't want this lynch anymore right now

I think I'll join you on Taly.

VOTE: Taly
Hi Taly,
Would you kindly talk to me about your varsoon read (or any read you have other than Shoshin the worst)
At this point I see nothing to indicate Taly is not simply misled here
@Grecian philosopher: I guess you have a point, if it was from a hydra that was signing seriously I’d really have a problem but since they’re already taking the piss here it’s understandable, not that I like it any more.
-Gemerald (shout-outs to Ari, the originator of this nickname!)
Tibor (Brassherald) and Lumia (Gamma Emerald)
Mephistophanes 39
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Goon

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:07 pm

In post 228, Tibor and Lumia wrote:
In post 185, u r a person 2 wrote:i read over the isos

varsoon could be right

but i don't want this lynch anymore right now

I think I'll join you on Taly.

VOTE: Taly
Hi Taly,
Would you kindly talk to me about your varsoon read (or any read you have other than Shoshin the worst)
At this point I see nothing to indicate Taly is not simply misled here
@Grecian philosopher: I guess you have a point, if it was from a hydra that was signing seriously I’d really have a problem but since they’re already taking the piss here it’s understandable, not that I like it any more.
-Gemerald (shout-outs to Ari, the originator of this nickname!)
<3 <3

Yeah, if it were a think that started D2 or something I'd be miffed but this is not the case. It;s part of why I am frustrated that everyone is making such a big deal over it!

- Por Flavor
Show

Pleased to meet you,
Hope you guess our name.
But what's puzzling you,
Tibor and Lumia
Tibor and Lumia
Goon
Tibor and Lumia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:09 pm

In post 199, Taly wrote:also for everyone who disagrees with me on
STW
, give me a SIMPLE bullet-pointed list on the reasons their posting is scum-motivated

*optional challenge because y not?*

convince me how
Mephisto
isn't scum :)
Why? My partner has stated they want to locktown Nancystophanes and I’m mildly inclined to agree rn. So tell me what scummy things you see there?
-that damn fourth Chaos Emerald
Tibor and Lumia
Tibor and Lumia
Goon
Tibor and Lumia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:11 pm

In post 201, Varsoon wrote:I forgot how much I love Taly-posting.
It's been too looong.

I don't know what to make of Mephisto. They kept coming up with excuses/outs for STW to take, which rang a bit awkward to me.
Indeed. What is you two’s record of reading each other? I ask since you have a hydra and you are mutually townreading each other and I want to know how much I should trust those reads.
-Not_Brassherald
Almost Chara
Almost Chara
Mafia Scum
Almost Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:15 pm

Post by Almost Chara »

In post 225, Mephistophanes 39 wrote:^^^ You know who the fuck this is because nancy isn't on board with this shit and I've made it clear I am. Not signing it.
Ari, i know you're trying to make a point here, but please sign your posts. not sometimes because "it's obvious", or because you said something only you would say.
for players like me, who already get easily confused when playing games due to genuine memory issues, i often can't tell who's posting anyway, or i need to expend effort to do so. it matters less if Nancy is signing every single time, and you aren't, but it takes so little effort to just do.

it means that instead of seeing the post and knowing it's you, i now i have to go and make sure it isn't just Nancy changing her mind, and i also have to remember that Nancy made the point about disliking it at all. that sounds easy, but it isn't, for me.
~Chara
[
wiki
] hydra of
Almost50
and
Chara
[
Win:Loss
]
T 2:2
S 1:1
3P 1:0
Shoshin the worst
Shoshin the worst
Goon
Shoshin the worst
Goon
Goon

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:15 pm

Post by Shoshin the worst »

Hey Gamma, nice to play with you again. Any thoughts on U2's alignment?
hydra of Shoshin & the worst!
Tibor and Lumia
Tibor and Lumia
Goon
Tibor and Lumia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:19 pm

Since this never got a good point to be brought up, I am townreading Alchemist rn. His solving looks genuine and he’s quite present. Matches my concept of town!Alchemist over scum!Alchemist.
-Gamma Quadrant
PEdit: I’m assuming that’s Shoshin asking me that since I’ve played with tw a lot recently. Idk about U2, I’ll figure it out and post it in a full readlist later most likely.
Also, if tw and U2 form a hydra it should be called Detroit Become Human.
Almost Chara
Almost Chara
Mafia Scum
Almost Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:20 pm

Post by Almost Chara »

oh, and i'm townreading Mephisto too. it has to do with the approach to STW vs. Varsoon, namely how Nancy (?) reacted to Varsoon's meta links and then Ari came in telling Varsoon to put his energy elsewhere for the time being.
~Chara
[
wiki
] hydra of
Almost50
and
Chara
[
]
Tibor and Lumia
Tibor and Lumia
Goon
Tibor and Lumia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:21 pm

In post 232, Almost Chara wrote:
In post 225, Mephistophanes 39 wrote:^^^ You know who the fuck this is because nancy isn't on board with this shit and I've made it clear I am. Not signing it.
Ari, i know you're trying to make a point here, but please sign your posts. not sometimes because "it's obvious", or because you said something only you would say.
for players like me, who already get easily confused when playing games due to genuine memory issues, i often can't tell who's posting anyway, or i need to expend effort to do so. it matters less if Nancy is signing every single time, and you aren't, but it takes so little effort to just do.

it means that instead of seeing the post and knowing it's you, i now i have to go and make sure it isn't just Nancy changing her mind, and i also have to remember that Nancy made the point about disliking it at all. that sounds easy, but it isn't, for me.
~Chara
With a post like that where they name drop their hydra partner it’s pretty easy to tell, though. Unless they were being extremely weird and speaking about themselves in 3rd person.
-the irradiated gemstone
Mephistophanes 39
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Goon

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:21 pm

In post 232, Almost Chara wrote:

~Chara
Okay, sorry Chara :(

I had honestly forgotten to sign that one and figured it was obviously me in the runn of things considering I'm the one who is on.

I'll switch back to Obvistophanes as Por Flavor was more of me taking a piss and I honestly don't mean to make the game harder for anyone, especially someone who both legit needs the consistency as well as being simply awesome <3

I apologize for being a dick and whatnot!

- Obvistophanes (Prolly gonna shorten it to Obvi tbh)
Show

Pleased to meet you,
Hope you guess our name.
But what's puzzling you,
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:25 pm

Post by Alchemist21 »

In post 234, Tibor and Lumia wrote:Since this never got a good point to be brought up, I am townreading Alchemist rn. His solving looks genuine and he’s quite present. Matches my concept of town!Alchemist over scum!Alchemist.
-Gamma Quadrant
PEdit: I’m assuming that’s Shoshin asking me that since I’ve played with tw a lot recently. Idk about U2, I’ll figure it out and post it in a full readlist later most likely.
I was wondering why you hadn’t mentioned me yet. It was getting weird.
Almost Chara
Almost Chara
Mafia Scum
Almost Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:27 pm

Post by Almost Chara »

In post 236, Tibor and Lumia wrote:With a post like that where they name drop their hydra partner it’s pretty easy to tell, though. Unless they were being extremely weird and speaking about themselves in 3rd person.
-the irradiated gemstone
he didn't namedrop anyone in the post he was referring to, which is what i was talking about.
it's fine if you forget, of course.

and thanks, Ari. no need for the apology. <3 but it does really help. there's a reason i still sign even though Almost and i have completely different styles.
i'll stop posting about things that aren't game-related now.
~Chara

pedit: Gamma, do you have a lot of experience sorting Alchemist?
[
wiki
] hydra of
Almost50
and
Chara
[
]
Tibor and Lumia
Tibor and Lumia
Goon
Tibor and Lumia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:48 pm

Sorry Frisk, you quoted the following post so I thought you were making a point about that one.
As for the read on Roy Mustang, you remember the vonflare laser tag game? Well at the same time as that game I was in a mini Normal with him, where he was Town. I used the info from the laser tag game to correctly read Alchemist in the other game, and now I have a good idea about how to read Alchemist.
Spoiler:
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:40 pm

Post by Kokichi Oma »

Prodge
How do you expect to find the culprit when you're all worried about each other's feelings? If you're planning to expose a liar, then you have to corner them psychologically.
Shoshin the worst
Shoshin the worst
Goon
Shoshin the worst
Goon
Goon

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:10 pm

In post 217, u r a person 2 wrote:I've also noticed pintu promising a catch up, and I've been watching to see if he was going to follow through. I guess it's been long enough to plop a vote there.

VOTE: Pintu
Hey you!

What do you think of pintu's post so far? I'd be interested to hear. I had a conversation with the voice in my head about it earlier.
Shoshin the worst
Shoshin the worst
Goon
Shoshin the worst
Goon
Goon

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:17 pm

In post 223, Tibor and Lumia wrote:
In post 150, Shoshin the worst wrote:
In post 137, Mephistophanes 39 wrote: Varsoon posted 2 links, one to Starcraft 1, where you encouraged everyone multiple times to “stretch their mind” and the second, to TAZ, where you didn’t do that even once.
That's a bad use of meta. There's nothing inherently scummy about that phrase. It just means "break out the box you're in," or "challenge your way of thinking," which are phrases I've definitely used before as town (e.g. in Laybrinth when discussing your reads).

For some background, I say "stretch your mind" quite often in my yoga teaching to shift how people relate to their mind/body during a practice. It's just a part of how I speak in real life contexts. I'd never thought to use it in the context of mafia until Starcraft 1 because I don't usually use the phrase in an intellectual context.

I was very happy with how it applied in Starcraft 1 and I couldn't even contain my excitement when Varsoon picked the phrase up. Yes, it's such a great phrase that even Varsoon (who doesn't seem to like me much) used the phrase himself in Starcraft 1, as TOWN. Point being, it has nothing to do with alignment. It's just a phrase with a useful meaning in the context of a mafia game. I intend to use it a lot more.

-
the worst
Hol up
Why you signing as your hydra mate Shoshin?
The only time I’ve considered THAT trick was as scum in a hydra with NM, and while part of the plan there was just to be silly, there was also intent to confuse posting times with it. So there’s tangible scum advantage to signing as the wrong head.
-Emerald Star
Gamma what do you think we gain as scum here by maliciously signing posts incorrectly when they're really obviously incorrectly singed?

We've done it twice so far. I think. After explaining with no ambiguity that we weren't interested in signing.

I'm really interested to see why you think there's scum intent, and what makes you think we're doing it as a scum tactic.
Shoshin the worst
Shoshin the worst
Goon
Shoshin the worst
Goon
Goon

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:18 pm

tfw gamma thought a duck was a yoga teacher
Shoshin the worst
Shoshin the worst
Goon
Shoshin the worst
Goon
Goon

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:22 pm

In post 238, Alchemist21 wrote:
In post 234, Tibor and Lumia wrote:Since this never got a good point to be brought up, I am townreading Alchemist rn. His solving looks genuine and he’s quite present. Matches my concept of town!Alchemist over scum!Alchemist.
-Gamma Quadrant
I was wondering why you hadn’t mentioned me yet. It was getting weird.
Alchemist, as someone who has no experience whatsoever in playing with you: how would you be reading yourself, if you were another slot in this game? (Sorry for the annoying question. I'm going somewhere with this I promise.)
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:23 pm

Post by u r a person 2 »

@tw
is pintu's rvs vote.
I think it's likely I'm missing a meme or inside joke because its inclusion feels off without any context.

Overall I think it's nai. Not too awkward.

, are not game related

and , are as of yet unfulfilled catch up promises.

Well and the unvote because he saw the votecount - which was L-2 if he only saw the vote count, and actually L-3 which he may have seen while skimming the page.

seems needlessly lamist.

Not much to work with as of yet
103-11 0-2
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:24 pm

Post by u r a person 2 »

In post 246, u r a person 2 wrote:I think it's likely I'm missing a meme or inside joke because its inclusion feels off without any context.
sorry this refers to the "and for Sparta!!!1!!one!" part of the post
103-11 0-2
Shoshin the worst
Shoshin the worst
Goon
Shoshin the worst
Goon
Goon

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:27 pm

In post 192, pinturicchio wrote:Hey, I forgot this existed. I'm going to catch up now. Just skimmed this page and saw the votecount: UNVOTE: shoshin the worst , let's see what happened there.

By the way Shoshin and duck, could you sign your posts please? I don't know Shoshin and I think I can somewhat read the aussie
Did you have any thoughts about this post, in particular?
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:35 pm

Post by u r a person 2 »

Only the thoughts I gave you. Looking at it further,

The last two lines are funny in the context of the thread. I wouldn't put it past a scum to make that comment pretending not to have caught up as a troll

I have no idea what is record is of reading you, so I can't really evaluate that claim or his motivation for asking you to sign.

he's not playing any other games so I'm willing to believe he's disengaged, although his rvs post did seem excited to play (and why not?)

Are you seeing something here? because I'm having trouble getting much of consequence.
103-11 0-2

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”