Starcraft Mafia: 2 -- Game Over!

u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: December 09, 2018

Post Post #250  (ISO)  » Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:44 am

The "let's see what happened there" is kind of odd because if he did see that it was L-3, then that's only one vote more than you had the last time he posted. (at you were at L-4) that's really not much movement, from the pov he is claiming.

that combined with his comment about you signing posts and maybe you've got a decent reason to believe pintu had actually read the thread when he said he hadn't.
103-11 0-2

ProFlavor
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: January 05, 2019

Post Post #251  (ISO)  » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:02 am

I don't like u r a person 2 pushing pint - the push has a lot of stuff that pint hasn't done (e.g. promise of catch up) and less stuff along the lines of "pint is scummy because he did X"

why is activity now AI?

~ woof

Krazy
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: January 29, 2011
Pronoun: He

Post Post #252  (ISO)  » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:18 am

Votecount 1.4
Shoshin the worst(3) ~ (7), (45), (24)
u r a person 2(1) ~ (36)
pinturicchio(1) ~ (14)
Alchemist21(1) ~ (1)


Not Voting (8): (44), Almost Chara(11), (6), Kokichi Oma(7), (21), NicoRobin(2), (5), (16)

With 14 alive it takes 8 to lynch.

Day 1 deadline is in (expired on 2019-01-16 22:05:03)


FLAVOR
Spoiler:
vote conspiracy

Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: September 01, 2016
Pronoun: He

Post Post #253  (ISO)  » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:45 am

In post 62, Almost Chara wrote:Um.. erm.. insert the usual role crumb here. Imagine it something genuine, VERY POWERFUL and extremely dangerous to your faction (i.e. I want scum to think we can single-handedly eradicate their team, but also town to consider us a major threat).

~You know who it is, silly. Does Chara post like this?

A major threat to both factions, hm? It's confirmed 11 town vs 3 scum, but it would've been somewhat entertaining if you "breadcrumbed" that you were an SK -ahem- I mean town vigilante.

In post 142, Michael Scott wrote:
In post 137, Mephistophanes 39 wrote:Varsoon posted 2 links, one to Starcraft 1, where you encouraged everyone multiple times to “stretch their mind” and the second, to TAZ, where you didn’t do that even once.

This is sound.

My vote's on there in spirit as well.

Also Alchemist feels town.
UNVOTE:

~Jimothy

Okay, so you wanted to vote them in spirit but you couldn't. Did you have any other leads outside of Shoshin the worst that you would've liked to pursue at the time of making this post or was that the only slot you received scum vibes up to ?

In post 204, Alchemist21 wrote:I think mephisto giving outs makes them Town. Scum-to-Town wouldn’t give an out at all, and we know scum have daytalk so if they were scum together I imagine that giving them an idea on how to excuse their play would have happened in the scum PT. Town gives outs like that when they want to consider the possibilities without jumping the gun. It’s a fluffy slot but I think that’s mostly Ari being Ari.

Not really following this. Why does scum-to-town not give an out at all? Why does the described scum-to-scum scenario have to involve Mephistophanes 39 giving an out to Shoshin the worst at all?

In post 251, ProFlavor wrote:I don't like u r a person 2 pushing pint - the push has a lot of stuff that pint hasn't done (e.g. promise of catch up) and less stuff along the lines of "pint is scummy because he did X"

why is activity now AI?

~ woof

It doesn't really look like a push to me, it just looks like they responded to Shoshin the worst's inquiry. Doesn't the post right above () fit along the lines described in of "pint is scummy because he did X"?

Mephistophanes 39
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: December 09, 2018
Pronoun: They

Post Post #254  (ISO)  » Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:18 am

In post 162, Alchemist21 wrote:Are you asking us or the hydra?


The hydra. How are you an “us” btw? :lol:

~N
Show

Mephistophanes 39
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: December 09, 2018
Pronoun: They

Post Post #255  (ISO)  » Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:31 am

In post 163, Shoshin the worst wrote:
In post 79, Mephistophanes 39 wrote:P.edit. It is suspicious. Ari thought it might be some kind of RVS gag but I agree, it is kind of giving me slight scum vibes, especially considering both were scum in Starcraft 1.

I'm sorry, what?
what part of it is giving you scumvibes? It is literally a decision we made pre-game.

In post 81, Talywrote: wrote:
In post 61, Shoshin the worst wrote:
In post 60, Taly wrote:whats awkward is that L-3 wagon on you

What's awkward about it Taly?


Your response to it.


elaborate please?



@nancy you should feel bad for nearly every post you've made. Literally. You're peddling nonsense.
@harpoon your ISO has become such a farce I'm losing my rvs townread on you. get back to fucking playing.

we're 7 pages in and the only person not circularly shitposting about misunderstanding out hydra dynamic seems to be Taly, who is instead making nonsense reads which I like for scum. is anybody else town this game? probably. why the fuck are town wasting so much time on game theory related nonsense which is not going to catch scum? this is a decision we made post-game. if you don't like it push us for it but embrace the fact you're pushing a POLICY LYNCH and when people re-read this nonsense after we flip you're going to look exactly as stupid as you're beiny. given the strength of this list I'm surprised how much stupid bullshit you're all entertaining rather than actually playing mafia.

can anyone even give me reads on slots other than ours? jfc

- obv!Shoshin


I don’t feel bad because I think the request that you meet us halfway with this whole synchronized thing is valid. However, this post sounds better than anything either of you posted last game. I should have realized Varsoon was town in Starcraft 1, due to him objecting to the whole townblock bs.
Show

Mephistophanes 39
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: December 09, 2018
Pronoun: They

Post Post #256  (ISO)  » Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:35 am

In post 166, Shoshin the worst wrote:I'm not negotiating. I am telling you, if you're town you need to start reconsidering the way you approach this kind of situation.
When I'm less annoyed I will be looking for players who are actually trying to sort the game.

Why are you hyperfocusing on our hydra dynamic when it is a pregame decision and there are fourteen other slots?


Ffs, you’re expecting us to KNOW this, because you say so? Give me a break. :roll:
Show

Mephistophanes 39
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: December 09, 2018
Pronoun: They

Post Post #257  (ISO)  » Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:36 am

In post 168, u r a person 2 wrote:
In post 163, Shoshin the worst wrote:@nancy you should feel bad for nearly every post you've made. Literally. You're peddling nonsense.
@harpoon your ISO has become such a farce I'm losing my rvs townread on you. get back to fucking playing.

can i take these to be scum reads?


Is that what they posted? :shifty:
Show

Mephistophanes 39
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: December 09, 2018
Pronoun: They

Post Post #258  (ISO)  » Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:41 am

In post 170, Shoshin the worst wrote:
In post 168, u r a person 2 wrote:
In post 163, Shoshin the worst wrote:@nancy you should feel bad for nearly every post you've made. Literally. You're peddling nonsense.
@harpoon your ISO has become such a farce I'm losing my rvs townread on you. get back to fucking playing.

can i take these to be scum reads?

sadly not. we are nulltown on Varsoon but are also considering just ignoring him until he removes his trousers from his head. Ari has also been towny and I am not sure getting preoccupied by this bullshit is scum indicative for Nancy.

take it as my "slap yourself upside the head" reads.

taly is a scumread though


@Varsoon, as uberannoying as stw are, this doesn’t sound like something very likely to come from scum either of them but particularly scum!Shoshin.

Remember in Starcraft 1, when I even dared to have the slightest sr on scum!Shoshin, she immediately pushed for my mislynch. Wanting to smack me, is town indicative for her.
Show

Mephistophanes 39
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: December 09, 2018
Pronoun: They

Post Post #259  (ISO)  » Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:48 am

In post 171, Shoshin the worst wrote:
In post 169, Varsoon wrote:Your hydra signing is the least of why I scumread you.
I'm not going to re-assess because the last time that you used a combination of 'stretch your mind', emotional rhetoric, and this kind of browbeating to force me to reassess an early scumread on you, you were third party anti-town.
So, nope.
Not going to happen.

yes and we were both universally townread there
=> the stuff you are describing is the towngame or Shoshin, independently.

using a phrase she used ?once? maybe twice? in a single scumgame which she uses irl as a reliable scumtell is a trainwreck and uou should know that. Nancy will be able to testify to TPFKAP's "witch hunt" tell. that is only reliable because that player has used it across enough games it's obviously a subconscious wording choice.


Wrt to Porkens/TPFKAP’s “witchhunt” tell, is something she only says as caught scum.

Varsoon, irritation over sr a slot for pushing her, is town indicative for Shoshin. If Shoshin were scum here, one of us would already be wagoned by now.

I was obvtown sr tw and her, post NM mislynch. Town!Shoshin would have townlocked me for that, instead of trying to push my mislynch. She is mad here, not saying stupid shit like she did last game.
Show

Mephistophanes 39
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: December 09, 2018
Pronoun: They

Post Post #260  (ISO)  » Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:58 am

In post 178, Almost Chara wrote:
In post 87, Varsoon wrote:@Proflavor: Could you sign your posts?


He said "woof"! That's definitely profii (the guy sitting behind his dog in his personal avatar).

I am still catching up, but Nancy's already confusing me. Her posts are definitely towny in tone, but -up to post 87- I didn't see her signature crumb. Like..

Mephistopheles is not your name
I know what you're up to just the same
I will listen hard to your tuition
You will see it come to its fruition
I'll be wrapped around your finger
I'll be wrapped around your finger




P.S. So as not to confuse anyone, this is not a crumb of our role in any way, shape or form. It's a mix or referencing how Nancy usually crumbs with videos + a joke about the hydra name

~The half-a-century old head


Aside from once again applauding your musical taste, I was FBI agent in Overkill 2 and trying to crumb my Sarah Kerrigan status in Starcraft 1, so I am legit confused by this. I don’t crumb every single game I’m in, nor do I always post videos or gifs. If you seriously think that is something I do EVERY game i’m in, a quick ISO of all of my past games, should very quickly disabuse you of that. :lol:

Did you notice our sigline yet? If not, you should feel really bad about that. :wink:
Show

Mephistophanes 39
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: December 09, 2018
Pronoun: They

Post Post #261  (ISO)  » Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:03 am

In post 181, Shoshin the worst wrote:Varsoon we've been sorting and moving the game more than you. When people stop hyperventilating about out hydra decision, we will look townier than you. We don't need the towncred of explaining our Taly read preemptively. taly is the kind of player capable of writing in a narrative driven fashion which means if we alert him to what were looking at/for too early, we'll lose what momentum we do have.


So, no. I am not going to bow down to your browbeating overbearing tactics. Disagreeing with us here is only beneficial for Taly, in that he'll be harder to catch if he is indeed scum. If you heavily disagree, explain why he's town. You are going to need the towncred more than us.

~ the worst & Shoshin


@Shoshin, Taly was scum in Labrynth but he is playing differently here. Not disagreeing with you, or even suggesting that the difference in play is AI, just different. If anyone has any links to a Taly towngame, that would be much appreciated.
Show

Mephistophanes 39
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: December 09, 2018
Pronoun: They

Post Post #262  (ISO)  » Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:06 am

In post 186, Varsoon wrote:I'm not raging, Shoshin--I'm applying pressure to your slot and I don't appreciate your multiple attempts to rewrite my push on you as anything but.

I'd love to talk about Taly, but you've decided to dodge that subject entirely.
So, nah, I don't wanna talk about anyone else.
I want you lynched.


Are you townreading Taly then? Because unless you think they’re wrong, I think you shouldn’t disregard this.
Show

Mephistophanes 39
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: December 09, 2018
Pronoun: They

Post Post #263  (ISO)  » Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:12 am

In post 192, pinturicchio wrote:Hey, I forgot this existed. I'm going to catch up now. Just skimmed this page and saw the votecount: UNVOTE: shoshin the worst , let's see what happened there.

By the way Shoshin and duck, could you sign your posts please? I don't know Shoshin and I think I can somewhat read the aussie

In post 193, Taly wrote:@STW

Spoiler: WARNING: huge textwall shit, its not too long, everyone should read it especially STW
In post 163, Shoshin the worst wrote:elaborate please?


tbh, all of my posts before were reaction tests.

I knew my 'townvibes' and were both flippant and random.

I knew I deflected your vote/questionnaire about my thought on Kokichi by focusing on you wagon. and

Part of my motivation was to actually understand why you thought the Kokichi townvibe I gave was awkward; I've never had much gameplay with Kokichi so I took his posts by the fact that I believed he wanted people to discuss his claim and never followed it up with serious remarks. The other part was because I wanted to read both of you without the wagon influencing me, STW. Other than [b]Almost50, and Nancy, you two are the only people who have seen me as BOTH alignments.

I wanted to see what conclusions you'd draw about me based off my posting, so I can see how genuine and constructed your read on me was.

I also wanted you to actually engage with the wagon on you, without being distracted by myself. Thus the prompts to your wagon.

I townread your guys' slot, and now I feel a bit more confident saying this as I've seen the thread unravel.

In post 163, Shoshin the worst wrote:ewe're 7 pages in and the only person not circularly shitposting about misunderstanding out hydra dynamic seems to be Taly


The rest of this post is genuine frustration with the playerlist, which I like.

I also understand why you scumread me here, because BOTH of you have seen me get far and WIN my scum-games through deepwolfing, and defending town mislynches for towncred.

But this is misguided. Quickwagons are really stupid and whether someone signs as a hydra are not is NAI most of the time, tbh. My townlean on you guys was the real reason why I voiced against the wagon. (Also because I disliked some reasoning around some people's votes there, ones that were serious including ProFlavor's and I need to reread Alchemists')

In post 181, Shoshin the worst wrote:taly is the kind of player capable of writing in a narrative driven fashion which means if we alert him to what were looking at/for too early, we'll lose what momentum we do have.
~ the worst & Shoshin


I'm flattered you guys think I'm this good as scum... but I think you guys underestimate my perceptiveness as town. :P

But this reinforces my point above. You both are using meta-logic to explain an early read on me, on how I make consistent narratives as scum.

Yet the only focal point I've made are two stances that I gathered through a 1v1 between you and Varsoon, which I townread both of you on. There's no motivation or means I could get towncred by posturing myself around your potential lynch if nobody is even entertaining my train of thought.


Wrt the underlined, when have I seen town!you? I only remember playing with scum!you in Labrynth. If you’re possibly referring to Undertale, then I probably don’t remember. Sorry.
Show

ProFlavor
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: January 05, 2019

Post Post #264  (ISO)  » Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:14 am

In post 253, Mewtaph wrote:
In post 251, ProFlavor wrote:I don't like u r a person 2 pushing pint - the push has a lot of stuff that pint hasn't done (e.g. promise of catch up) and less stuff along the lines of "pint is scummy because he did X"

why is activity now AI?

~ woof

It doesn't really look like a push to me, it just looks like they responded to Shoshin the worst's inquiry. Doesn't the post right above () fit along the lines described in of "pint is scummy because he did X"?

no not really.

Varsoon
Scatman
 
User avatar
Joined: February 18, 2013
Pronoun: He

Post Post #265  (ISO)  » Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:17 am

I don't have an informed read on Taly yet. Leaning more town there than not right now. Wish Shoshin wouldn't dodge responsibility for their read there, wish you wouldn't consistently chainsaw the slot either, Mephisto.

@Mewtaph: Why would it be entertaining if NotChara crumbed that?

Mephistophanes 39
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: December 09, 2018
Pronoun: They

Post Post #266  (ISO)  » Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:17 am

In post 197, Taly wrote:Mephistophanes is an iffy read at the moment... Ari has contributed almost little to nothing of a unique thought, and I thought Nancy would do more than "just misuderstand" STW's hydra "not gonna sign" thing

Almost Chara obvtowned in

Like I can't see how scum would group such a specific area of people in a lynch pool, and proceed to give an honest positive read to the rest of the playerlist with the amount of chaos and town communication barriers present in the game thus far. (A 1v1, an L-1'd wagon that spawned from RVS initially, etc.)

By the way, can you explain your lynch pool Almost?


What part of our not actually voting them, did you miss?
Show

ProFlavor
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: January 05, 2019

Post Post #267  (ISO)  » Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:18 am

In post 264, ProFlavor wrote:
In post 253, Mewtaph wrote:
In post 251, ProFlavor wrote:I don't like u r a person 2 pushing pint - the push has a lot of stuff that pint hasn't done (e.g. promise of catch up) and less stuff along the lines of "pint is scummy because he did X"

why is activity now AI?

~ woof

It doesn't really look like a push to me, it just looks like they responded to Shoshin the worst's inquiry. Doesn't the post right above () fit along the lines described in of "pint is scummy because he did X"?

no not really.

~ woof

(oops :) )

Mephistophanes 39
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: December 09, 2018
Pronoun: They

Post Post #268  (ISO)  » Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:21 am

In post 199, Taly wrote:also for everyone who disagrees with me on STW, give me a SIMPLE bullet-pointed list on the reasons their posting is scum-motivated

*optional challenge because y not?*
convince me how Mephisto isn't scum :)


We’re not. And why are we scum here? Based on?

I don’t like this post. You have no basis to sr us and you formulating this like this is somehow obvious to anyone other than lobotomised individuals, is really scummy af.
Show

Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: November 29, 2018

Post Post #269  (ISO)  » Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:23 am

In post 253, Mewtaph wrote:Okay, so you wanted to vote them in spirit but you couldn't. Did you have any other leads outside of Shoshin the worst that you would've liked to pursue at the time of making this post or was that the only slot you received scum vibes up to ?

Nah. The phrase-tell alone seemed a pretty good reason to place a spirit-vote there at the time.
Haven't really felt scum vibes from any other slot to be honest so far, my other head's leaning town on Varsoon though and I'm townreading Alchemist. I'll let him explain his reads.

~Jimothy
"Best Regional Manager Of All Time"

- That's What She Said!

Mephistophanes 39
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: December 09, 2018
Pronoun: They

Post Post #270  (ISO)  » Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:25 am

In post 201, Varsoon wrote:I forgot how much I love Taly-posting.
It's been too looong.

I don't know what to make of Mephisto. They kept coming up with excuses/outs for STW to take, which rang a bit awkward to me.


I felt/still do feel that they are being shortsighted and stubborn with this whole synchronization thing. I don’t see how you view that as giving them an out. Rn, I would vote Taly over them, any day. I really hated his last post. It looked like scum posturing to me.
Show

Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: November 29, 2018

Post Post #271  (ISO)  » Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:25 am

Ooh ooh I forgot, I'm still kinda suspect at ProFlavor for their "Getting wagoned is scum-indicative for TW" push.

~James
"Best Regional Manager Of All Time"

- That's What She Said!

Mephistophanes 39
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: December 09, 2018
Pronoun: They

Post Post #272  (ISO)  » Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:26 am

In post 202, Taly wrote:
In post 200, Almost Chara wrote:
In post 197, Taly wrote:By the way, can you explain your lynch pool Almost?


I don't feel like I should at this time (i.e. before I get to talk to Chara). Once we've discussed and reached a "close to mutual" reads then I/they can post the reasoning behind the read on each slot.

~A50


good answer

ok townread strengthened ty A50 <3


They probably are and that’s not getting you off the hook for your previously sketchy post.
Show

Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: November 29, 2018

Post Post #273  (ISO)  » Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:29 am

Townleaning Nancy's slot as well now. :P

~Jim
"Best Regional Manager Of All Time"

- That's What She Said!

Mephistophanes 39
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: December 09, 2018
Pronoun: They

Post Post #274  (ISO)  » Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:33 am

In post 204, Alchemist21 wrote:I think mephisto giving outs makes them Town. Scum-to-Town wouldn’t give an out at all, and we know scum have daytalk so if they were scum together I imagine that giving them an idea on how to excuse their play would have happened in the scum PT. Town gives outs like that when they want to consider the possibilities without jumping the gun. It’s a fluffy slot but I think that’s mostly Ari being Ari.


Right, we or rather I don’t. I find it extremely annoying and I completely disagree with it but since they changed their focus from being snarky to actually playing the game, it really does seem like town!Shoshin to me.

We’re both currently liking you, AC and T & L for town so far.
Show

PreviousNext
[ + ]

Return to Completed Large Theme Games