Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:17 am

Post by Varsoon »

Nico, talk to me.
Let's play ball.
Don't be like White Diamond and spend all day isolated from the people who need to talk to you.
Mephistophanes 39
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Goon

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:25 am

Post by Mephistophanes 39 »

[align=]t[/align]
In post 281, Taly wrote:
Spoiler: Replying to the presumably Nancy head
Yeah,
Nancy
... I was referring to Undertale as a towngame you took part in. :roll:
In post 262, Mephistophanes 39 wrote:
In post 186, Varsoon wrote:I'm not raging, Shoshin--I'm applying pressure to your slot and I don't appreciate your multiple attempts to rewrite my push on you as anything but.

I'd love to talk about Taly, but you've decided to dodge that subject entirely.
So, nah, I don't wanna talk about anyone else.
I want you lynched.
Are you townreading Taly then? Because unless you think they’re wrong, I think you shouldn’t disregard this.
'

So you think
Varsoon
should drop his scumread push on
STW
just because he doesn't feel as strongly on another scumread player?
In post 263, Mephistophanes 39 wrote:
In post 193, Taly wrote:
@STW
Wrt the underlined, when have I seen town!you? I only remember playing with scum!you in Labrynth. If you’re possibly referring to Undertale, then I probably don’t remember. Sorry.
I spent an entire post constructing my thoughts so far in the game and townreading
STW
.... and you only comment about me mentioning you in the games I've played?

In post 266, Mephistophanes 39 wrote:
In post 197, Taly wrote:
Mephistophanes
is an iffy read at the moment...
Ari
has contributed almost little to nothing of a unique thought, and I thought
Nancy
would do more than
"just misuderstand"
STW's
hydra
"not gonna sign"
thing

Almost Chara
obvtowned in

Like I can't see how scum would group such a specific area of people in a lynch pool, and proceed to give an honest positive read to the rest of the playerlist with the amount of chaos and town communication barriers present in the game thus far.
(A 1v1, an L-1'd wagon that spawned from RVS initially, etc.)

By the way, can you explain your lynch pool
Almost?
What part of our not actually voting them, did you miss?
So you've been posting in this game all this time and haven't conjured a strong scumread or townread, or are even pushing to acquire one?

The fact that you spent multiple posts debating with
STW
and disagreeing with
Ari
on how to handle their "not signing" thing while you don't place or vote or do anything else doesn't ring to me as town-motivated.

Do you have reads aside from
Vars
and
STW
?
In post 268, Mephistophanes 39 wrote:
In post 199, Taly wrote:also for everyone who disagrees with me on
STW
, give me a SIMPLE bullet-pointed list on the reasons their posting is scum-motivated

*optional challenge because y not?*

convince me how
Mephisto
isn't scum :)
We’re not. And why are we scum here? Based on?

I don’t like this post. You have no basis to sr us and you formulating this like this is somehow obvious to anyone other than lobotomised individuals, is really scummy af.
Yeah, I do have a REASON to suspect
you/ari
as scum. For the amount of posting both of you have done, there's very little content.

You keep putting up the defense of
"you're being really scummy" and "why scumread us"
but you're not actually entertaining why, aside from painting my posts toward you as pro-scum.

Hell, it took a LITTLE post of me pushing for responses on your slot, and your next posts are to disregard any content I've had with multiple people in the game, and minimize any thought I have over you.

The fact that you don't put up a vote and just continue to 'mildly entertain' my wagon in , doesn't read as genuine.

And if you're going to make the bullshit argument that I'm posturing, then why not evaluate the TvT between
STW
and
Vars
that I concluded from my own reads? You're making multiple accusations without really looking anything deeper than a centimeter into my posts.

~

Spoiler: Replying to the presumably Ari head
In post 212, Mephistophanes 39 wrote:
In post 191, Almost Chara wrote:All caught up. Time to get us shot tonight. :P

Preliminary lynch pool (in no particular order): Shoshin the worst, Mewtaph, u r a person 2, pinturucchio, nicorobin, Kokichi Oma

Everyone else is on the positive side of null to some degree.

Disclaimer: I have not discussed any reads/reasoning with Chara yet. Thi8s preliminary list is subject to change when we do get to discuss stuff in the PT. After all, it's D1 and Chara is the one with the gift of tone reading alignments.

~The guy watching TV, playing Mafia, following a soccer game and eating all at the same time.
SEE now this is what I'm here for!
And while this is an easy throwaway post for scum, coming in when it did seems towny.
I actually made a reason behind why I thought
Almost
was town by this point... but you make the whole statement of "it could be scum, but it's appearing towny" isn't a concrete read...
In post 193, Taly wrote:
In post 181, Shoshin the worst wrote:taly is the kind of player capable of writing in a narrative driven fashion which means if we alert him to what were looking at/for too early, we'll lose what momentum we do have.
~ the worst & Shoshin
I'm flattered you guys think I'm this good as scum... but I think you guys underestimate my perceptiveness as town. :P

But this reinforces my point above. You both are using meta-logic to explain an early read on me, on how I make consistent narratives as scum.

Yet the only focal point I've made are two stances that I gathered through a 1v1 between you and
Varsoon
, which I townread both of you on. There's no motivation or means I could get towncred by posturing myself around your potential lynch if nobody is even entertaining my train of thought.
Two interessting points.
One is that I don't think you are outside your scungame yet, so I'll be keeping you in mind as the game progresses.
Second is the TvT read of S&W and Var. Can you explain the last line of this quote to me please?
I'm saying, the only major even I've responded to in this game so far, is
STW
/
Vars
when they were 1v1ing, and I concluded they were both town off my own reasons.

:igmeou: And what are you talking about
Ari
? You've never played with me as scum to my memory.

And also, why is
"
Taly's
not outside of his scumgame"
a reason to not try and view town-motivation in my posts?
In post 197, Taly wrote:
Mephistophanes
is an iffy read at the moment...
Ari
has contributed almost little to nothing of a unique thought, and I thought
Nancy
would do more than
"just misuderstand"
STW's
hydra
"not gonna sign"
thing
I've had unique thoughts!!! </3
Where are they?
In post 199, Taly wrote:also for everyone who disagrees with me on
STW
, give me a SIMPLE bullet-pointed list on the reasons their posting is scum-motivated

*optional challenge because y not?*

convince me how
Mephisto
isn't scum :)
Because our Role PM was green :P
Nice appreviation btw! Mephisto sounds awesome =D
<3 Please explain why you and
Nancy
are confident I'm going to flip red, and if I'm making a wrong conclusion about your read, give me a reason as to why I am.
In post 201, Varsoon wrote:I forgot how much I love Taly-posting.
It's been too looong.

I don't know what to make of Mephisto. They kept coming up with excuses/outs for STW to take, which rang a bit awkward to me.
Well you keep being ridiculous. I'm just trying to be a reasonable party in all of this!
Reasonable... and ineffective. :roll:

...I really want
STW
to jump into the thread and explain their read on me AND reply to my spoiler to them, because at the moment, I can't find a town-motivated reason for anyone else to push a scumread on me UNLESS they actually give THEIR OWN opinion. :igmeou:
Sorry, my memory on who was what in Undertale is fuzzy.

I wanted to know if his then read on you was different than stw, because I tend to tr people if they mindmeld with me. So, if Varsoon shared stw’s then read on your slot, it should logically affect his then read on stw. Makes sense?

I respond to whatever portion(s) of a post that interest me for whatever reason. Sorry-not-sorry if you disapprove.

You were clearly ignoring my play in both games, since you obviously know nothing about my meta.

I don’t have anything “strong”, this early in the game, besides coffee.

I already mentioned a few trs that Ari and I both agree on. HINT: you currently aren’t one of them, for EITHER of us but no reason to give up hope yet, we’re still trying to sort you. :]

Again, when you have bothered to actually take the time and ISO me, we’ll talk. You want to push a bs scumread on us, while ignoring our meta, go for it but don’t expect either Ari or myself to take you seriously.

Oh and fyi Sherlock, All I said was I would vote you before stw, that’s it, so where the hell is this overreaction even coming from? Yes, I definitely think they’re currently townier than you. That’s hardly even remotely a shade or a push. Also, not impressed by that AtE either. Sorry. Do better. :)

~ Oh N head btw.

Probably obvious because Ari is much nicer than me.
Show

Pleased to meet you,
Hope you guess our name.
But what's puzzling you,
Is the nature of our game.
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him, she/her

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:33 am

Post by Taly »

lol you keep dismissing all of my posts as either AtE or an overrreaction but that only reads as minimizing any point i make on you. could it be because im correct?

2 games is NOT enough to have any reliable meta read, and considering your Undertale memory is SO fuzzy; you've NEVER seen me as town.

So I don't understand the mindmeld you're having with
STW
here, and I don't care if it's in your meta to "not be as nice" as
Ari
. -_-*...
"Taly is going to be a hot mess all game and I am entertained" ~ Gammagooey
"The human race is bad at reading Taly." ~the worst
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
"Taly wins for the most fence-sitty reads in a game ever" ~Battle Mage
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:37 am

Post by Varsoon »

Yeah, I really don't understand the scumreads on Taly.
Mephistophane's isn't all that well articulated and lacks venom and STW's has been "Just trust me I gotta figure out some trajectory" excuse for waiting until later in the game to explain their read.
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:38 am

Post by Taly »

dont patronize me either
nancy
:igmeou:
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:38 am

Post by Varsoon »

It's more than just that I disagree with them;
I fundamentally do not understand where either slot is coming from and the basis that either has for a scumread there.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:38 am

Post by Varsoon »

You can patreonize me
As in
Give me freebucks
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:41 am

Post by Taly »

In post 303, Varsoon wrote:Yeah, I really don't understand the scumreads on Taly.
Mephistophane's isn't all that well articulated and lacks venom and STW's has been "Just trust me I gotta figure out some trajectory" excuse for waiting until later in the game to explain their read.
The thing is, I made a COMPLETE reply on ANY meta-scumread about me in my
STW
spoiler textwall.

And their leads to me thinking their read on me is meta-based.

Mephisto
is actively ignoring any posts I've made to explain my thoughts.

If they're really town, they need to actually step back and talk their thoughts out together because it doesn't read as consistent or productive to gamesolving
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:41 am

Post by Taly »

Like, I'm honestly wanting an explanation for
Mephisto
town, not people just saying
"yeah thats town wtf
taly
"
>_>
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:43 am

Post by Taly »

town is going to lose if meta is the only read people want to make
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:44 am

Post by Varsoon »

I don't really have a good one.
People seem to be pointing to how Mephisto chainsawing STW might be a town mindset but I'm not sure that it's really all that alignment indicative, just a bit of a confusing position (from my PoV) to hold.
Mephistophanes 39
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Goon

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:45 am

In post 298, Varsoon wrote:Yeah, Taly's town.
Alchemist is town.

Need to sort:
Kokichi, who should be more present and who's IC claim only makes sense one way that I can figure
Pint, who seems to really be slipping under the radar.

I'm still good for a STW lynch, all that said.

@Mephisto: Keep in mind that Shoshin was 3P that actually had to scumhunt in Starcraft 1, whereas here Shoshin would just be hard scum having to fake scumreads.
I think you sincerely believe this but I have a pretty good idea how town!Shoshin thinks and so far, their posting seems to be lining up with that. In last game, I was weirded out by all of the disconnects scum!Shoshin had - like pretty much NGAF about mislynches for example. In Labrynth, she would get extremely upset about that, so no, I’m not townlocking anyone yet but what I’m currently seeing from them is currently in line, with what I’d expect to see from town!Shoshin. But we know Shoshin is really good at that, which is why we should have powerlynched her after Kokichi mislynch. IOW, she obviously figured out not only who the scum were but also who to pocket.

Like I said, my reads are fluid but once they actually started playing, as opposed to just being annoying - everything they’ve posted so far looks townie. If that changes, I’ll obviously reassess. But for now, I think they’re fine.

I think that you are probably town, since I feel the sincerity in your frustration. MS, is probably town as well - even if it is a sign of the apocalypse - that Auro is correctly reading me. He thought I might be scum in Excalibur. :lol:

I do understand where you’re coming from and this is where the whole signing thing can come into play, and this is why I 100% agree with AC on this, because it really hurts stw, that they synchronize their posts first, which makes them seem less natural than if they just posted more off the cuff. So, I can understand why it’s much harder for you to see what I do and it sucks that they’re making it more difficult than it needs to be but that doesn’t make them scum.

~N
Show

Pleased to meet you,
Hope you guess our name.
But what's puzzling you,
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:48 am

Post by Taly »

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=76341

viewtopic.php?f=52&t=76098

these were my most recent completed mafia games... both of which were several months ago so meta there isn't too reliable within itself.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=75978

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=76441

here are 2 compeleted towngames... which is not 100% accurate meta anymore

>_> I'm focusing waaaaay too much on a read with me but this is annoying AF

...I'm done with entertaining ANY meta-stated read on me after this point, and I'm not replying to
Mephisto
until they actually develop a unique read or respond to whenever the fuck
STW
decides to post
Mephistophanes 39
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Goon

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:48 am

In post 300, Varsoon wrote:Nico, talk to me.
Let's play ball.
Don't be like White Diamond and spend all day isolated from the people who need to talk to you.
I kind of got the feeling that Nico wasn’t exactly happy about this game. I asked her why and I’m still waiting on an answer.
Show

Pleased to meet you,
Hope you guess our name.
But what's puzzling you,
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:51 am

Post by Michael Scott »

In post 311, Mephistophanes 39 wrote:MS, is probably town as well - even if it is a sign of the apocalypse - that Auro is correctly reading me. He thought I might be scum in Excalibur.
Heya, I obv-towned you in Jester till you went all anti-strategy :P
And I townread you in Excalibur!

Also... "Aurocalypse"? Or is that too much :lol:

Also, you're not worried I'm trying to pocket you?

~James
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:52 am

Post by Michael Scott »

In post 282, Taly wrote:Could you explain the Alchemist townread?
Gut, felt he was advancing the game, blah.

~Jimothy
Mephistophanes 39
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Goon

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:54 am

In post 302, Taly wrote:lol you keep dismissing all of my posts as either AtE or an overrreaction but that only reads as minimizing any point i make on you. could it be because im correct?

2 games is NOT enough to have any reliable meta read, and considering your Undertale memory is SO fuzzy; you've NEVER seen me as town.

So I don't understand the mindmeld you're having with
STW
here, and I don't care if it's in your meta to "not be as nice" as
Ari
. -_-*...
No, you’re definitely not correct. If sure you love this response even more. Amirite?

I made an earlier post asking anyone for a link to one of your town games. Did you miss that?

That isn’t at all what I said. *headbang*

I was responding to your question about my asking Varsoon about his then read on you wrt to stw, to determine whether THEY - him and stw - not me and them - were mindmelding on that or not.

Noted.
Show

Pleased to meet you,
Hope you guess our name.
But what's puzzling you,
Mephistophanes 39
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Goon

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:58 am

In post 303, Varsoon wrote:Yeah, I really don't understand the scumreads on Taly.
How are we not articulate and I was spewing “venom” in the last game, because so many people were wrongly sr me. Had tw not beat me to hydraing with Shoshin, you’d probably have seen a lot more of it, since you’d probably be sr me. I don’t get upset without cause - unless I’m actually misunderstanding you here and you meant something else?
Show

Pleased to meet you,
Hope you guess our name.
But what's puzzling you,
Mephistophanes 39
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Goon

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:00 am

In post 304, Taly wrote:dont patronize me either
nancy
:igmeou:
Sorry, I find it difficult to be nice to anyone who fmpov, has a ludicrous sr on me. *shrug*
Show

Pleased to meet you,
Hope you guess our name.
But what's puzzling you,
Tibor and Lumia
Tibor and Lumia
Goon
Tibor and Lumia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:01 am

Post by Tibor and Lumia »

In post 300, Varsoon wrote:Nico, talk to me.
Let's play ball.
Who the fuck is White Diamond?

-B to the rass.
Tibor (Brassherald) and Lumia (Gamma Emerald)
Mephistophanes 39
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Goon

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:02 am

In post 305, Varsoon wrote:It's more than just that I disagree with them;
I fundamentally do not understand where either slot is coming from and the basis that either has for a scumread there.
Yes, I do wish they would explain that more. @Stw, is there some reason you are holding back in explaining your srs/votes?
Show

Pleased to meet you,
Hope you guess our name.
But what's puzzling you,
Mephistophanes 39
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Goon

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:06 am

In post 306, Varsoon wrote:You can patreonize me
As in
Give me freebucks
:lol:

Sure, once I win the lottery.

Or also, if you start a youtube channel. :P

Like I honestly don’t mean to be rude but Taly’s reason for sr us, is just out there to me, for want of a better phrase, so I just can’t take it at all seriously.
Show

Pleased to meet you,
Hope you guess our name.
But what's puzzling you,
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:08 am

Post by Alchemist21 »

In post 146, Alchemist21 wrote:
@Mod; Is there going to be a record of previous Days’ player list orders or do players have to manually keep track of previous orders?
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:10 am

Post by Varsoon »

I'm not really sold on this play being in line with their previous towngames. I've never seen Shoshin be this furtive about a read and, in my experience, when people are that dodgy, it's because they are scum.

It's also important to note that it's not just Shoshin driving that hydra; theworst is in there, too. If we're to believe their posts are jointly written and they are posting as 'one entity' or whatever, you should take that into account as well.

Regardless, I'm basing my reads (as much as I can) on this game and its contents, independent of anything else. In this game, I don't like how the STW slot has played. Their appeals when I was pressuring them strike me as really egregious, too.

P-EDIT: I wish Nico would be more present in games. Nico joining games, then getting frustrated and lowkey ducking out makes it really hard to read the slot.

P-PEDIT:
@Tibor & Lumia : White Diamond is a character from Steven Universe and is relevant in the current arc that's being shown. She's highly secluded--Steven throws a ball just to get a chance to talk to her, but she doesn't show up.

@Mephisto: I mean that I'm not seeing a lot of articulation about why Taly is scum here. I'm not seeing real passion in your read against Taly; when I say it lacks venom, I don't mean frustration or expletives, I mean that your read there is without much of a push; if you scumread them, it's not like you're doing anything to wagon them or get them lynched, etc.

P-P-PEDIT:
I might start a youtube channel, but I dunno what I'd put on there. :/
I stream from time to time, when I find time for it.
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:11 am

Post by Michael Scott »

In post 303, Varsoon wrote:lacks venom
Oooooooooh

The last time Varsoon said this was about my TvT push on DVa on Excalibur, where he was scum. ("Like you v auro feels venomless", "That's why it feels venomless")
Another time Varsoon said this was in viewtopic.php?f=3&t=75314&hilit=venom, where he was also scum. ("like it's lacking venom")
One more instance; viewtopic.php?f=84&t=38199&hilit=venom, also scum. ("lacked the typical venom")

There's a towngame where he says "I'm used to town Mac having a lot less venom", but contextually feels different.
There's one more where he says "you lost a good bit of the venom", which also doesn't exactly match directly calling something venomless.

Possible scumtell?

~Jimothy

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”