u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:02 am

Post by u r a person 2 »

In a game where so few votes are being thrown around, it seems silly to call my play sticking to an easy read

but

that's a fair amount of slots scum reading me. let's get a wagon going
103-11 0-2
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:05 am

Post by Michael Scott »

Sure thing.

VOTE: URAP2

~Jimothy
ProFlavor
ProFlavor
Goon
ProFlavor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:11 am

Post by ProFlavor »

Olé

VOTE: URAP2

Woof
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:15 am

Post by Krazy »

Votecount 1.5

u r a person 2(3)
~ (36), (24), (14)

Shoshin the worst(2)
~ (65), (32)
pinturicchio(1)
~ (16)
Kokichi Oma(1)
~ (36)
Alchemist21(1)
~ (2)

Not Voting (6): (93), Almost Chara(11), Kokichi Oma(7), (22), NicoRobin(2), (5)

With 14 alive it takes 8 to lynch.

Day 1 deadline is in (expired on 2019-01-16 22:04:38)

MOD REMINDERSNicoRobin needs a prod. The last post was at: 1/6/2019 6:11:00 AM which was 2 days 7 hours 4 minutes 21 seconds ago.

FLAVOR
Spoiler:
vote conspiracy
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:17 am

Post by Alchemist21 »

In post 371, Mephistophanes 39 wrote:
In post 370, Alchemist21 wrote:Flesh out the difference between your scumread of Nico and U2’s scumread of Pint. They seem the same to me because you’re both pushing someone for not posting.
No, I’m not suspicious of Nico for lurking, she does that a lot as town, especially on D1. It’s what she said, that is making me suspicious. That’s why I want to get her answer to my question.
Wtf that question wasn’t for you. Maybe you should stop signing as por flavor.
In post 374, ProFlavor wrote:
In post 370, Alchemist21 wrote:Flesh out the difference between your scumread of Nico and U2’s scumread of Pint. They seem the same to me because you’re both pushing someone for not posting.
Nicos 2nd post came across like “ugh fine I’ll play if I must” - like a setup for later so she can be like “I’m lurking because I told you I’m already not really engaged in this game” (it’s a weak read on one sentence tbh)

U R is more like “I’m don’t see pint doing anything so I’ll just apply pressure” - I note his point that he knows Pint and wants to sort that slot - but I’m sure U r knows how to play the game in general so there are plenty of other dudes to sort - sticking on a read that basically consists of “he’s not doing anything” makes me think he wants to line up the rest of his reads to “fit in” with town - you can’t do that whilst (up to page 11 which I’ve read properly) most of the game has been about STW because you don’t know who is going to obvtown or scum it up

So I feel like U r is biding his time on an easy read
That makes sense. I still think they’re very similar pushes but I see what you’re saying. You’re probably Town.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:38 am

Post by Varsoon »

In post 367, Mephistophanes 39 wrote:Game integrity is also compromised by shitty reads, so there’s that too,
Shitty reads are an inherent part of mafia. Players swapping at the table in long-form play is not a design element of the game.

Anyway.

I heard that the lurk-meta on Nico indicates scum there but I don't really know if that's true or not.
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:40 am

Post by u r a person 2 »

Feels great to be recognized

I'm just going to run through slots as long as I've got the time to do it.

Michael Scott feels pretty town. I like how he questions a a reciprocal town read on himself in . I like how they continued this line of questioning in , before concluding in .

I like the initiative demonstrated in his meta read on varsoon, although I do think he found enough examples of venom (i know it's not venomless, but-) to diminish the read.

I don't like the two posts spent questioning proflavor about an obviously nonsense/joke scum read. @MS what's the deal w/ this?

overall town read
103-11 0-2
Tibor and Lumia
Tibor and Lumia
Goon
Tibor and Lumia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:41 am

Post by Tibor and Lumia »

In post 372, u r a person 2 wrote:well my vote is because pintu is one of the few players here I have experience with, so I want to sort him, but I need him to play.

The "push" is a response to stw's questions which I wanted to give a full faith effort for them because they are some of the few players that have experience with me and I want to give them the best opportunity to find town!me.

my town leans right now are
STW -tone,play I think TW is trying to use his experience modding and playing with me to read me and that's why he's asking me for my thoughts about specific posts.
varsoon - sheeping taly
almost chara - town by play, thought process behind lynch pool
tibor and lumia i like the thought in gemma's play and brass i think sounds town, this is pretty light even for this list
taly - natural progression from his initial gambit to current play.

Let's take the leap of faith that these are correct. If there was scum on stw's wagon, i'd look first at pin, proflavor and alch

still like the pin vote
Is this just a list of the top posters in the game as all probably town?

-the Real OG, Brassherald
Tibor (Brassherald) and Lumia (Gamma Emerald)
Tibor and Lumia
Tibor and Lumia
Goon
Tibor and Lumia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:42 am

Wait, no, Mephisto is a top poster and you don't even have a read. What is your read on him, Bono (U2)

-The left head, maybe? (Brass)
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:47 am

Post by u r a person 2 »

I've had a hard time engaging with posts by either Ari or Nancy, so I haven't been giving that slot much thought. Realistically, this is a slot that my highest ev play is to find someone in a better position to make a meta read, and then sheep them.

But, I'll dig into them now because you asked. Gimme a hot minute
103-11 0-2
Tibor and Lumia
Tibor and Lumia
Goon
Tibor and Lumia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:50 am

In post 385, u r a person 2 wrote:I've had a hard time engaging with posts by either Ari or Nancy, so I haven't been giving that slot much thought. Realistically, this is a slot that my highest ev play is to find someone in a better position to make a meta read, and then sheep them.

But, I'll dig into them now because you asked. Gimme a hot minute
Can you also explain to this old man what an ev is?

-Oldherald
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:00 am

Post by u r a person 2 »

expected value

in other words, i expect to have a higher win rate in this game by picking a good slot or slots to sheep on that read than I do relying on myself to make the read.
103-11 0-2
pinturicchio
pinturicchio
Mafia Scum
pinturicchio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:02 am

Post by pinturicchio »

I'm caught up. Funny that I asked Shoshin the worst to sign their posts when that's what the discussion was all about.

About the discussion: I was on Varsoon's side for a while but then agreed that STW's argument is fair. If they want to play like that, well then, we'll have to take them as a new player itself. I believe them talking that before the game started... But that gives me my usual tinfoil hat: maybe the whole conversation in thread was staged too, in order to distance from their partner, Varsoon :O my face right now is my avatar.

But my boring ass brain tells me Varsoon is town and that STW hasn't done anything to be scumread. They actually did something pretty townie, but more on that later.

Now, Varsoon gets a free pass 'cause the reasoning behind his vote on STW's wagon was pretty solid, but there are other players whose justifications are lame lame lame. I'm going to focus first on URAP2, 'cause his vote was bad, BUT his unvote was worse! First off, his rvs vote became a real vote because of the signing thing, and tells Varsoon that he "doesn't know" about his word choice argument, and then says "of course you could also be right". Ironic, that's a weird word choice. Fencesitting at it's finest.

Now about the unvote: when the wagon was going full bananas, he choose to unvote and joins STW by voting Taly, again with "Varsoon could be right". This unvote was scummy as fuck y'all, it's obvious that scum felt pressure being in a full speed choo choo early wagon 'cause the wagon would get scrutinized after and hey you don't want to be part of that no matter how it ends, especially when the reasoning behind your vote is baaaad compared to the others (this goes to Alchemist too!). So in case STW is scum, URAP2's unvote means "oh shit this got way too dangerous", and if STW is town, then URAP2's unvote means "oh shit this got way too dangerous". Perfect.

After that, URAP2 goes for the poor pin, our beloved friend, who didn't have the time to play 'cause he's still getting better from surgery and forgot that he was playing mafia. Oh poor poor pin, I hope he feels better. But I digress. URAP2's move is again sketchy, 'cause I assume his vote was not because he's scumreading me, but for pressure so I get here and post. Basically, fencesitting once again: "I'm going to focus on the player who's not playing instead of playing with the rest".

And now as promised, the townie thing that STW did, which I assume it was the worst: first off, voted URAP2, so I think they realized the same that I did. Secondly, this quote: "What do you think of pintu's post so far? I'd be interested to hear. I had a conversation with the voice in my head about it earlier.", coming from the worst, directed to URAP2. My guess is that the duck was not trying to sort me, but sort URAP2 instead, making URAP2 believe he was trying to sort me. That came pretty good if I may say, since URAP2's reply was, once again, sketchy, with the LAMIST argument that seems to be fabricated; I saw STW at L-2 and my vote was an rvs vote, so I unvoted. Saying "I'm willing to believe he's disengaged, although his rvs post did seem excited to play" is, then again, fabricating some kind of stance to make his vote on me valid, instead of just saying "nah dawg I got nothing on him I just want to put some pressure on the slot", which would be at least understandable.

So I got Varsoon and STW as town, URAP2 as scum, I'm liking Tibor and Lumia's post so far, Nancy is being different than the last game I played with her but Ari is being townie, I like the way Taly posts, aaaand I think that's it. Oh and Alchemist's vote on STW was bad too.

VOTE: u r a person 2
pinturicchio
pinturicchio
Mafia Scum
pinturicchio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:04 am

Post by pinturicchio »

Now that I'm caught up I'm going to start shitposting. First of all, since STW won't sign their posts, I will act like I'm an hydra composed by Pin and Turicchio. I've heard that Pin is soft and cuddly and Turicchio is a fucking preak but has good memes. Show some love.

- Turicchio
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:11 am

Post by Varsoon »

Poor pin.
I hope you get better from surgery.
I'm interested in what URAP2 has to say to all that, though.

The thing is
Mod allowed Hydras and the mod rule is that heads sign their posts.

-Var
pinturicchio
pinturicchio
Mafia Scum
pinturicchio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:14 am

Post by pinturicchio »

Yeah Pin's getting better but he'll mostly leave this to me right now. Hope to meet Soon soon.

- Turicchio
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:14 am

Post by Varsoon »

That dude got me banned before, you don't wanna meet him.
It's Var 2 Soon for all that.

-Var
pinturicchio
pinturicchio
Mafia Scum
pinturicchio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:17 am

Post by pinturicchio »

Ooooh spooky spooky. Let's hope he doesn't have to jump in then.

By the way Var I'm townreading you but that already went poorly on Overkill II. I see some differences in playstyle, do you see them too?

-Turicchio
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:29 am

Post by Varsoon »

I don't think I'm that introspective. I guess? I was playing Overkill II very protective of myself, whereas I don't think I've got much to fear in this game.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:29 am

Post by Varsoon »

-V, obviously
Shoshin the worst
Shoshin the worst
Goon
Shoshin the worst
Goon
Goon

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:32 am

Post by Shoshin the worst »

In post 281, Taly wrote:
Spoiler: Replying to the presumably Nancy head
Yeah,
Nancy
... I was referring to Undertale as a towngame you took part in. :roll:
In post 262, Mephistophanes 39 wrote:
In post 186, Varsoon wrote:I'm not raging, Shoshin--I'm applying pressure to your slot and I don't appreciate your multiple attempts to rewrite my push on you as anything but.

I'd love to talk about Taly, but you've decided to dodge that subject entirely.
So, nah, I don't wanna talk about anyone else.
I want you lynched.
Are you townreading Taly then? Because unless you think they’re wrong, I think you shouldn’t disregard this.
'

So you think
Varsoon
should drop his scumread push on
STW
just because he doesn't feel as strongly on another scumread player?
In post 263, Mephistophanes 39 wrote:
In post 193, Taly wrote:
@STW
Wrt the underlined, when have I seen town!you? I only remember playing with scum!you in Labrynth. If you’re possibly referring to Undertale, then I probably don’t remember. Sorry.
I spent an entire post constructing my thoughts so far in the game and townreading
STW
.... and you only comment about me mentioning you in the games I've played?

In post 266, Mephistophanes 39 wrote:
In post 197, Taly wrote:
Mephistophanes
is an iffy read at the moment...
Ari
has contributed almost little to nothing of a unique thought, and I thought
Nancy
would do more than
"just misuderstand"
STW's
hydra
"not gonna sign"
thing

Almost Chara
obvtowned in

Like I can't see how scum would group such a specific area of people in a lynch pool, and proceed to give an honest positive read to the rest of the playerlist with the amount of chaos and town communication barriers present in the game thus far.
(A 1v1, an L-1'd wagon that spawned from RVS initially, etc.)

By the way, can you explain your lynch pool
Almost?
What part of our not actually voting them, did you miss?
So you've been posting in this game all this time and haven't conjured a strong scumread or townread, or are even pushing to acquire one?

The fact that you spent multiple posts debating with
STW
and disagreeing with
Ari
on how to handle their "not signing" thing while you don't place or vote or do anything else doesn't ring to me as town-motivated.

Do you have reads aside from
Vars
and
STW
?
In post 268, Mephistophanes 39 wrote:
In post 199, Taly wrote:also for everyone who disagrees with me on
STW
, give me a SIMPLE bullet-pointed list on the reasons their posting is scum-motivated

*optional challenge because y not?*

convince me how
Mephisto
isn't scum :)
We’re not. And why are we scum here? Based on?

I don’t like this post. You have no basis to sr us and you formulating this like this is somehow obvious to anyone other than lobotomised individuals, is really scummy af.
Yeah, I do have a REASON to suspect
you/ari
as scum. For the amount of posting both of you have done, there's very little content.

You keep putting up the defense of
"you're being really scummy" and "why scumread us"
but you're not actually entertaining why, aside from painting my posts toward you as pro-scum.

Hell, it took a LITTLE post of me pushing for responses on your slot, and your next posts are to disregard any content I've had with multiple people in the game, and minimize any thought I have over you.

The fact that you don't put up a vote and just continue to 'mildly entertain' my wagon in , doesn't read as genuine.

And if you're going to make the bullshit argument that I'm posturing, then why not evaluate the TvT between
STW
and
Vars
that I concluded from my own reads? You're making multiple accusations without really looking anything deeper than a centimeter into my posts.

~

Spoiler: Replying to the presumably Ari head
In post 212, Mephistophanes 39 wrote:
In post 191, Almost Chara wrote:All caught up. Time to get us shot tonight. :P

Preliminary lynch pool (in no particular order): Shoshin the worst, Mewtaph, u r a person 2, pinturucchio, nicorobin, Kokichi Oma

Everyone else is on the positive side of null to some degree.

Disclaimer: I have not discussed any reads/reasoning with Chara yet. Thi8s preliminary list is subject to change when we do get to discuss stuff in the PT. After all, it's D1 and Chara is the one with the gift of tone reading alignments.

~The guy watching TV, playing Mafia, following a soccer game and eating all at the same time.
SEE now this is what I'm here for!
And while this is an easy throwaway post for scum, coming in when it did seems towny.
I actually made a reason behind why I thought
Almost
was town by this point... but you make the whole statement of "it could be scum, but it's appearing towny" isn't a concrete read...
In post 193, Taly wrote:
In post 181, Shoshin the worst wrote:taly is the kind of player capable of writing in a narrative driven fashion which means if we alert him to what were looking at/for too early, we'll lose what momentum we do have.
~ the worst & Shoshin
I'm flattered you guys think I'm this good as scum... but I think you guys underestimate my perceptiveness as town. :P

But this reinforces my point above. You both are using meta-logic to explain an early read on me, on how I make consistent narratives as scum.

Yet the only focal point I've made are two stances that I gathered through a 1v1 between you and
Varsoon
, which I townread both of you on. There's no motivation or means I could get towncred by posturing myself around your potential lynch if nobody is even entertaining my train of thought.
Two interessting points.
One is that I don't think you are outside your scungame yet, so I'll be keeping you in mind as the game progresses.
Second is the TvT read of S&W and Var. Can you explain the last line of this quote to me please?
I'm saying, the only major even I've responded to in this game so far, is
STW
/
Vars
when they were 1v1ing, and I concluded they were both town off my own reasons.

:igmeou: And what are you talking about
Ari
? You've never played with me as scum to my memory.

And also, why is
"
Taly's
not outside of his scumgame"
a reason to not try and view town-motivation in my posts?
In post 197, Taly wrote:
Mephistophanes
is an iffy read at the moment...
Ari
has contributed almost little to nothing of a unique thought, and I thought
Nancy
would do more than
"just misuderstand"
STW's
hydra
"not gonna sign"
thing
I've had unique thoughts!!! </3
Where are they?
In post 199, Taly wrote:also for everyone who disagrees with me on
STW
, give me a SIMPLE bullet-pointed list on the reasons their posting is scum-motivated

*optional challenge because y not?*

convince me how
Mephisto
isn't scum :)
Because our Role PM was green :P
Nice appreviation btw! Mephisto sounds awesome =D
<3 Please explain why you and
Nancy
are confident I'm going to flip red, and if I'm making a wrong conclusion about your read, give me a reason as to why I am.
In post 201, Varsoon wrote:I forgot how much I love Taly-posting.
It's been too looong.

I don't know what to make of Mephisto. They kept coming up with excuses/outs for STW to take, which rang a bit awkward to me.
Well you keep being ridiculous. I'm just trying to be a reasonable party in all of this!
Reasonable... and ineffective. :roll:

...I really want
STW
to jump into the thread and explain their read on me AND reply to my spoiler to them, because at the moment, I can't find a town-motivated reason for anyone else to push a scumread on me UNLESS they actually give THEIR OWN opinion. :igmeou:
Parsing your spoilered post then discussing then getting back to you is going to take time taly. Just keep doing what you're doing and we will get back to you.
hydra of Shoshin & the worst!
Shoshin the worst
Shoshin the worst
Goon
Shoshin the worst
Goon
Goon

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:33 am

In post 287, Taly wrote:
In post 241, Kokichi Oma wrote:Prodge
VOTE: Kokichi Oma

Would this help you contribute?
Lol...
Shoshin the worst
Shoshin the worst
Goon
Shoshin the worst
Goon
Goon

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:35 am

In post 296, Alchemist21 wrote:
In post 245, Shoshin the worst wrote:
In post 238, Alchemist21 wrote:
In post 234, Tibor and Lumia wrote:Since this never got a good point to be brought up, I am townreading Alchemist rn. His solving looks genuine and he’s quite present. Matches my concept of town!Alchemist over scum!Alchemist.
-Gamma Quadrant
PEdit: I’m assuming that’s Shoshin asking me that since I’ve played with tw a lot recently. Idk about U2, I’ll figure it out and post it in a full readlist later most likely.
Also, if tw and U2 form a hydra it should be called Detroit Become Human.
I was wondering why you hadn’t mentioned me yet. It was getting weird.
Alchemist, as someone who has no experience whatsoever in playing with you: how would you be reading yourself, if you were another slot in this game? (Sorry for the annoying question. I'm going somewhere with this I promise.)
Town.
Could you throw me a couple of things which you think are unlikely to come from scum!you this game so we can tighten up our read?
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:42 am

Post by Alchemist21 »

In post 398, Shoshin the worst wrote:
In post 296, Alchemist21 wrote:
In post 245, Shoshin the worst wrote:
In post 238, Alchemist21 wrote:
In post 234, Tibor and Lumia wrote:Since this never got a good point to be brought up, I am townreading Alchemist rn. His solving looks genuine and he’s quite present. Matches my concept of town!Alchemist over scum!Alchemist.
-Gamma Quadrant
PEdit: I’m assuming that’s Shoshin asking me that since I’ve played with tw a lot recently. Idk about U2, I’ll figure it out and post it in a full readlist later most likely.
Also, if tw and U2 form a hydra it should be called Detroit Become Human.
I was wondering why you hadn’t mentioned me yet. It was getting weird.
Alchemist, as someone who has no experience whatsoever in playing with you: how would you be reading yourself, if you were another slot in this game? (Sorry for the annoying question. I'm going somewhere with this I promise.)
Town.
Could you throw me a couple of things which you think are unlikely to come from scum!you this game so we can tighten up our read?
Scum me these days gets nervous and avoids posting, especially if someone like Gamma or RC who I know can read me well is present. As it’s been said to me before there’s a certain thoughtfulness in my Town posting that my scumgame lacks. My Townread on Ari is a good example of that.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”