Are endgamed players dead

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #16 (isolation #0) » Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:01 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 10, Not_Mafia wrote:That makes even less sense
That's how I handle it and how it should be done in my opinion.

The point of an alive/dead spoiler is to not reveal the outcome of the game without clicking it, yes?
So actions should be taken which prevent it from being easy to tell.

I specify in my alive/dead spoilers the number of players contained within said spoiler. (spoiler=alive (3), spoiler=dead (10), etc.) Because I specify the number of people alive and the number of people dead, if I moved endgamed players to be in the dead section, it would almost always universally spoil the outcome of the game simply by the list of players left alive (for instance, 1 player? That's gonna be a scum win guaranteed).

Whereas by NOT moving the endgamed players, it's more ambiguous--say, a 3p lylo happens; 2 in the living spoiler at game over could mean EITHER town wins OR that town was endgamed. Whereas if you have it listed as "alive (1)", people automatically are going to know what the result was.

This applies outside of 3p lylo, too, because of game types/sizes and the day phases in the game. If you know the game ends on D4 in a 13-player game and see only three players listed as alive...then you know it was a scum win; if you instead see six, it's more ambiguous and can very easily be a town win.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”