Goon
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Goon

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:15 am

Post by Mephistophanes 39 »

In post 519, Varsoon wrote:
@STW:
Alchemist, Taly, all the other Hydras, and Pint, all to some extent.

@Michael Stott:
You're all gravy.

@Mephistophanes:
Yeah, I think you're right, it was those Drealmerz 'games'. Time to shudder hard and purge my brains again.
:lol:

It’s the only game I can recall, that players were literally begging the vig to shoot them. :lol:
Show

Pleased to meet you,
Hope you guess our name.
But what's puzzling you,
Is the nature of our game.
Mephistophanes 39
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Goon

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:19 am

In post 522, u r a person 2 wrote:@stw I thought you were done with this synchronized hydra nonsense but in retrospect you were just not signing and I was just inferring who was authoring the posts.

This is still scummy

also, I've given enough thought process that I think town!tw has a town read on me here at least 50% of the time

VOTE: shoshin the worst
Like, you’re only upset about this
now
?

And the 50% thing, say whaaaat???
Show

Pleased to meet you,
Hope you guess our name.
But what's puzzling you,
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:23 am

Post by u r a person 2 »

In post 526, Mephistophanes 39 wrote:
In post 522, u r a person 2 wrote:@stw I thought you were done with this synchronized hydra nonsense but in retrospect you were just not signing and I was just inferring who was authoring the posts.

This is still scummy

also, I've given enough thought process that I think town!tw has a town read on me here at least 50% of the time

now
?

line 1, please refer to my iso

line 2, he modded a game with me where he followed along with a PT i wrote ~60 thought process posts about the game. We've also had a light amount of conversation about playing. I think he gets to a town read on me here at least half the time.
103-11 0-2
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:25 am

Post by Michael Scott »

In post 448, Varsoon wrote:I'm not entirely sold by the URAP2 wagon; feels too easy.
You've still not explained this, Varsoon.
Any thoughts on URAP's play?
I'm feeling more (gut) confident with my read there the more he posts~

~The Gargoyle King
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:29 am

Post by Michael Scott »

In post 372, u r a person 2 wrote:my town leans right now are
STW -tone,play I think TW is trying to use his experience modding and playing with me to read me and that's why he's asking me for my thoughts about specific posts.
I found this in your ISO, your progression from this to your latest read there seems highly unnatural.
Did you just notice that you were inferring who was authoring them? You had nothing to say when their (lack of) signing was a talking point of the game?

~Detective Michael Scarn
Mephistophanes 39
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Goon

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:31 am

In post 527, u r a person 2 wrote:
In post 526, Mephistophanes 39 wrote:

This is still scummy

now
?

line 1, please refer to my iso

line 2, he modded a game with me where he followed along with a PT i wrote ~60 thought process posts about the game. We've also had a light amount of conversation about playing. I think he gets to a town read on me here at least half the time.
What about the other half? Like I seriously don’t get it?
Show

Pleased to meet you,
Hope you guess our name.
But what's puzzling you,
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:34 am

Post by u r a person 2 »

In post 529, Michael Scott wrote:
STW -tone,play I think TW is trying to use his experience modding and playing with me to read me and that's why he's asking me for my thoughts about specific posts.
I found this in your ISO, your progression from this to your latest read there seems highly unnatural.
Did you just notice that you were inferring who was authoring them? You had nothing to say when their (lack of) signing was a talking point of the game?

~Detective Michael Scarn
I called them scummy for it early in this game when people were talking about it.

Then they stopped signing, but I could tell who was writing and I kind of felt that was their compromise, if that makes sense.

I don't understand why you think it is unnatural? I was expecting TW to want to see thought process in order to read me precisely because of our prior experience, so at the time that checked out. Now, having given him something to work with, Ithink it's likely that he finds a town read on me if he is town.

p.edit The other half of what? I'm not following, Mephisto
103-11 0-2
Mephistophanes 39
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Goon

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:36 am

In post 528, Michael Scott wrote:
In post 448, Varsoon wrote:I'm not entirely sold by the URAP2 wagon; feels too easy.
You've still not explained this, Varsoon.
Any thoughts on URAP's play?
I'm feeling more (gut) confident with my read there the more he posts~

~The Gargoyle King
His reasons for voting Stw, don’t feel authentic to me. Like he acts like their signing/or rather NOT signing behaviour is somehow news to him.
Show

Pleased to meet you,
Hope you guess our name.
But what's puzzling you,
Mephistophanes 39
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Goon

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:38 am

In post 531, u r a person 2 wrote:
In post 529, Michael Scott wrote:

~Detective Michael Scarn
I called them scummy for it early in this game when people were talking about it.

Then they stopped signing, but I could tell who was writing and I kind of felt that was their compromise, if that makes sense.

I don't understand why you think it is unnatural? I was expecting TW to want to see thought process in order to read me precisely because of our prior experience, so at the time that checked out. Now, having given him something to work with, Ithink it's likely that he finds a town read on me if he is town.

p.edit The other half of what? I'm not following, Mephisto
If tw tr you only 50% of the time, then he sr you the other 50%, correct?

So, if that is the case, why is him not tr you here, scummy?
Show

Pleased to meet you,
Hope you guess our name.
But what's puzzling you,
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:45 am

Post by Auro »

His read progression on STW:
Spoiler:
In post 45, u r a person 2 wrote:is this game UMS or ladder?

there are no ducks in starcraft
In post 143, u r a person 2 wrote:This signing posts thing and follow up posts are the scummiest posts of the thread. Why does town you not just go okok jeez and start signing?
In post 185, u r a person 2 wrote:but i don't want this lynch anymore right now

I think I'll join you on Taly.
In post 420, u r a person 2 wrote:It's pretty sneaky to then turn around and read my response to that thought experiment as if I claimed those thoughts were engraved on stone slabs from god.
In post 425, u r a person 2 wrote:I'm just saying treat my answer in the same good faith, charitable manner that I acted in when responding to it.

This is still scummy

Will have to take a closer look at this, but it is pinging me.

~Detective Michael Scarn
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:45 am

Post by u r a person 2 »

In post 533, Mephistophanes 39 wrote:If tw tr you only 50% of the time, then he sr you the other 50%, correct?

So, if that is the case, why is him not tr you here, scummy?
at least half the time, not exactly half, but yes

It's a probability thing. Obviously I don't know exact probabilities, so there is a feel component but here's the basic idea

Let's say I think this hydra signing stuff comes from town!TW only 25% of the time, and I think town!TW get's a scum read on me 40% of the time. The chance of town!TW doing both of these things is (1/4)(4/10)=1/10=10%

This isn't a perfect model, of course, and I don't assign actual values to these when I make the assessment.

All of this is a long winded way of saying that the more things someone does that are less likely to come from town than scum, the more scummy they are
103-11 0-2
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:45 am

Post by Michael Scott »

In post 534, Auro wrote:His read progression on STW:
Spoiler:
In post 45, u r a person 2 wrote:is this game UMS or ladder?

there are no ducks in starcraft
In post 143, u r a person 2 wrote:This signing posts thing and follow up posts are the scummiest posts of the thread. Why does town you not just go okok jeez and start signing?
In post 185, u r a person 2 wrote:but i don't want this lynch anymore right now

I think I'll join you on Taly.
In post 420, u r a person 2 wrote:It's pretty sneaky to then turn around and read my response to that thought experiment as if I claimed those thoughts were engraved on stone slabs from god.
In post 425, u r a person 2 wrote:I'm just saying treat my answer in the same good faith, charitable manner that I acted in when responding to it.

This is still scummy

Will have to take a closer look at this, but it is pinging me.

~Detective Michael Scarn
Damnit with my hydra slips. Sorry y'all. Quoted again.
Almost Chara
Almost Chara
Mafia Scum
Almost Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:59 am

Post by Almost Chara »

In post 462, Mephistophanes 39 wrote:
In post 441, pinturicchio wrote:I'm back.

Already50 is making me want to bang my head against the wall indeed.

-Turicchio
That’s just the initial reaction, further exposure makes you want to upgrade to a brick wall.

~Nancy, so A50 knows whom to be pissed at. :P
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I bet you expected this:

Spoiler:

However, I could just respond with this:

Spoiler:
[
wiki
] hydra of
Almost50
and
Chara
[
Win:Loss
]
T 2:2
S 1:1
3P 1:0
Almost Chara
Almost Chara
Mafia Scum
Almost Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:22 am

Post by Almost Chara »

In post 482, Kokichi Oma wrote:I'll read later sorry
Koki, I don't want to be mean, but for crying out loud, man!

~Almost 100 now that Koki's pushing his luck and testing my patience
[
wiki
] hydra of
Almost50
and
Chara
[
Win:Loss
]
T 2:2
S 1:1
3P 1:0
Shoshin the worst
Shoshin the worst
Goon
Shoshin the worst
Goon
Goon

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:26 am

Post by Shoshin the worst »

In post 381, Varsoon wrote:
In post 367, Mephistophanes 39 wrote:Game integrity is also compromised by shitty reads, so there’s that too,
Shitty reads are an inherent part of mafia. Players swapping at the table in long-form play is not a design element of the game.

Anyway.

I heard that the lurk-meta on Nico indicates scum there but I don't really know if that's true or not.
Wow where did you hear this?
hydra of Shoshin & the worst!
Shoshin the worst
Shoshin the worst
Goon
Shoshin the worst
Goon
Goon

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:30 am

In post 461, Varsoon wrote:When confronted with this piece of meta that wasn't even all that damning, their defense was to handwave that the hydra has no meta, which isn't really an argument that I'd see either Shoshin or TW making, as town, when confronted this way.
Hold on. What makes you feel entitled to make this kind of statement? How much experience do you have with either or both of our heads' towngames? From a personality point of view this is exactly the kind of thing we would say...

You're finding reasons to keep tunnelling us Varsoon.
Shoshin the worst
Shoshin the worst
Goon
Shoshin the worst
Goon
Goon

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:32 am

In post 461, Varsoon wrote:Since then, they've largely done nothing of note and seem to have basically taken my pressure on them as an excuse to duck out for a 'cooling off' period where they can let suspicion on them subside/die entirely. Town doesn't do this, in my experience.
Their resistance re:signing isn't something that I townread.
You're literally inventing a motive to suit the fact we have not been around as much as we would like. We also declared we would be exiting the thread at the end of our conversation which would be completely ridiculous for scum to do if they intended to disappear and lurk out the pressure while an aggressive towny was tunnelling them.

The hydra signing thing should not be townread or scumread. It should not need to be discussed
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:33 am

Post by Varsoon »

In post 540, Shoshin the worst wrote:
You're finding reasons to keep tunnelling us Varsoon.
Hoh boy
In post 461, Varsoon wrote: Out of all of the players in the game, STW has the most amount of content that I scumread, so I'll be keeping my vote there and still working for a lynch there. The natural discrediting tactic that you're going to see happen is that scum will try to call this a tunnel, despite me being engaged with other slots, reading the game, and trying to figure it out beyond STW. They'll try to act like having a scumread you want to get lynched is a tunnel, somehow, and therefore unlikely to produce a flip on scum; it's important that you know this is absolutely a discrediting tactic and dismiss it as such.
-V
Congrats, you played yourself.

-V
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:34 am

Post by Varsoon »

Just gonna bring this into overdrive, actually, and go for the dunk.
Day Vig: Shoshin the Worst
Shoshin the worst
Shoshin the worst
Goon
Shoshin the worst
Goon
Goon

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:37 am

Vars I'm finding it really worrying that you have never stopped to reconsider this read and mystically see no town motivation whatsoever in out iso. This is the kind of read day one which I identify as absolutely fake, I'm just not sure which alignment it comes from with you.

We've definitely towntold a few times in our iso. You've found nothing AT ALL which you think is towny and you're 80% sure we're scum who's just decided to put our pants on our head after rolling SCM1 and play like messy newbscum?

I think you're ignoring the differences in our play and possibly overcompensating for how badly SCM1 went when you disappeared.
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:38 am

Post by Michael Scott »

In post 541, Shoshin the worst wrote:We also declared we would be exiting the thread at the end of our conversation which would be completely ridiculous for scum to do if they intended to disappear and lurk out the pressure while an aggressive towny was tunnelling them.
WIFOM.
Shoshin the worst
Shoshin the worst
Goon
Shoshin the worst
Goon
Goon

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:38 am

In post 476, Michael Scott wrote:
In post 469, Varsoon wrote:For people who thought my triple-vote-hammer was fake; why did you stay silent about it?
I'm curious.
To see how others would react to it, *especially* STW. And then I forgot about it.

~Jimothy
Just for the record it was so obviously a joke after the Kokichi lolhammer in scm1 I didn't feel the need to react.
Shoshin the worst
Shoshin the worst
Goon
Shoshin the worst
Goon
Goon

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:39 am

In post 545, Michael Scott wrote:
In post 541, Shoshin the worst wrote:We also declared we would be exiting the thread at the end of our conversation which would be completely ridiculous for scum to do if they intended to disappear and lurk out the pressure while an aggressive towny was tunnelling them.
WIFOM.
fam I'm asking him to think one level deeper than he is
wifom is a fair few layers deeper than this
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:40 am

Post by Michael Scott »

In post 544, Shoshin the worst wrote:We've definitely towntold a few times in our iso. You've found nothing AT ALL which you think is towny and you're 80% sure we're scum who's just decided to put our pants on our head after rolling SCM1 and play like messy newbscum?
C'mon, if you're aware of said towntells, it's clearly in your capability to make them as scum, too. More WIFOM.
Shoshin the worst
Shoshin the worst
Goon
Shoshin the worst
Goon
Goon

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:44 am

Just in case that dayvig is real, because Vars' play here is so tacky it could be either.

{STW}
{Nancy}
{Michael, Varsoon, Alchemist}
{AlmostChara, ProFlavor}
{Nico, Mewtaph, tibor and lumia, Kokichi}
{pinturicchio, URAP2}

Michael is probably teetering on dropping a tier from this conversation. But I'm not sure on this yet.

This game is horrible to sort. I think there's probably one scum in pint/urap2 but haven't got around to completely parsing it yet. I don't feel confident on Michael/Vars town but I do feel slightly more confident on Alch town. AC/PF wouldn't surprise me if they flipped scum I just think its marginally less likely than those below.

Too many people not doing much. Too much focus on a handful of slots.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”