Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:44 am

Post by Michael Scott »

In post 528, Michael Scott wrote:
In post 448, Varsoon wrote:I'm not entirely sold by the URAP2 wagon; feels too easy.
You've still not explained this, Varsoon.
Any thoughts on URAP's play?
I'm feeling more (gut) confident with my read there the more he posts~
@Varsoon

~Jimothy
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:46 am

Post by Varsoon »

You can't be aware of it and 'towntell', that's not how it works.

Thanks for the reads, though. Sorry if you're town.

-V
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:47 am

Post by u r a person 2 »

In post 544, Shoshin the worst wrote:Vars I'm finding it really worrying that you have never stopped to reconsider this read and mystically see no town motivation whatsoever in out iso. This is the kind of read day one which I identify as absolutely fake, I'm just not sure which alignment it comes from with you.

We've definitely towntold a few times in our iso. You've found nothing AT ALL which you think is towny and you're 80% sure we're scum who's just decided to put our pants on our head after rolling SCM1 and play like messy newbscum?

I think you're ignoring the differences in our play and possibly overcompensating for how badly SCM1 went when you disappeared.
could you sign this particular post, please?

because if it is real and you are town, I don't want to be hanged on the last read of Shoshin alone
103-11 0-2
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:47 am

Post by Michael Scott »

In post 549, Shoshin the worst wrote:Michael is probably teetering on dropping a tier from this conversation. But I'm not sure on this yet
@Nancy: Do you really buy "I wouldn't do that as scum, that's ridiculous!" And "I've towntold multiple times, how come you're not townreading me" arguments?

~Jim
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:47 am

Post by Varsoon »

@Michael Scott: Just feels too easy to vote there between the haphazard play the slot has exhibited especially in regards to voting, the kinda unlikable name, and pint's casing there. Didn't like how some folks leaving my wagon went there.

-V
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:48 am

Post by u r a person 2 »

Spoiler: sorry i meant to quote this post
In post 549, Shoshin the worst wrote:Just in case that dayvig is real, because Vars' play here is so tacky it could be either.

{STW}
{Nancy}
{Michael, Varsoon, Alchemist}
{AlmostChara, ProFlavor}
{Nico, Mewtaph, tibor and lumia, Kokichi}
{pinturicchio, URAP2}

Michael is probably teetering on dropping a tier from this conversation. But I'm not sure on this yet.

This game is horrible to sort. I think there's probably one scum in pint/urap2 but haven't got around to completely parsing it yet. I don't feel confident on Michael/Vars town but I do feel slightly more confident on Alch town. AC/PF wouldn't surprise me if they flipped scum I just think its marginally less likely than those below.

Too many people not doing much. Too much focus on a handful of slots.
103-11 0-2
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:49 am

Post by Varsoon »

I really like that recent post of URAP2's and Michael Scott's.
I don't know why STW is trying to present this game as hard to read/sort.

-V
Shoshin the worst
Shoshin the worst
Goon
Shoshin the worst
Goon
Goon

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:49 am

Post by Shoshin the worst »

In post 548, Michael Scott wrote:
In post 544, Shoshin the worst wrote:We've definitely towntold a few times in our iso. You've found nothing AT ALL which you think is towny and you're 80% sure we're scum who's just decided to put our pants on our head after rolling SCM1 and play like messy newbscum?
C'mon, if you're aware of said towntells, it's clearly in your capability to make them as scum, too. More WIFOM.
A couple of things.

Firstly have you ever posted something then just gone "oh fuck that was towny where did that come from"? That's like, the only time I towntell holistically. Sometimes when I have a thought then explain it ITT it evolves into something I didn't expect it to before I started typing. I think this is something probably f>t type people probably do instinctively I guess but it's not something I'm all thwt capable of doing as scum. (I can real-time as scum just fine but I'm a lot less interesting)

Secondly, I'm not making the point that we should be obvious town at all. In fact paranoia following scm1 is pretty healthy for most slots here (there are some I'm expecting to see a difference right away - Nancy is a classic example). But Varsoon could be PBPAing our entire iso and just saying "wolfy" next to every post. It's reaching the point where his lack of reconsideration and 3 dimensional thinking is making me regret townreading him originally.

Again, this is not WIFOM. Cut the buzzword spam and talk me through what you think is scum indicative. Buzzwords are GREAT for catching 10 year olds out on lying but their scope when you use them as "this sentence is _____" without elaboration is incredibly limited.
hydra of Shoshin & the worst!
Shoshin the worst
Shoshin the worst
Goon
Shoshin the worst
Goon
Goon

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:51 am

In post 552, u r a person 2 wrote:
In post 544, Shoshin the worst wrote:Vars I'm finding it really worrying that you have never stopped to reconsider this read and mystically see no town motivation whatsoever in out iso. This is the kind of read day one which I identify as absolutely fake, I'm just not sure which alignment it comes from with you.

We've definitely towntold a few times in our iso. You've found nothing AT ALL which you think is towny and you're 80% sure we're scum who's just decided to put our pants on our head after rolling SCM1 and play like messy newbscum?

I think you're ignoring the differences in our play and possibly overcompensating for how badly SCM1 went when you disappeared.
could you sign this particular post, please?

because if it is real and you are town, I don't want to be hanged on the last read of Shoshin alone
Actually our hydra dynamic applies strongly to this. It's something we discussed for a while yesterday and concluded with "Varsoon looks like town but he looks like he wants to be townread. Not really sure where to go with this."
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:51 am

Post by Varsoon »

Here you come with that 'regret townreading you' and 'I will revoke that townread'.

Don't you understand, STW?

Shooting you confirms me as town.
No need to continue to try to undermine it.

-V
Shoshin the worst
Shoshin the worst
Goon
Shoshin the worst
Goon
Goon

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:52 am

In post 522, u r a person 2 wrote:@stw I thought you were done with this synchronized hydra nonsense but in retrospect you were just not signing and I was just inferring who was authoring the posts.

This is still scummy

also, I've given enough thought process that I think town!tw has a town read on me here at least 50% of the time

VOTE: shoshin the worst
Why did I pause my catchup.....

URAP2, point me in the direction of where to look for towniness in your ISO?
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:54 am

Post by u r a person 2 »

In post 554, Varsoon wrote:the kinda unlikable name
I'd be hurt, but I probably killed this npc 100 times. helps dull the pain ;P

Spoiler:
103-11 0-2
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:55 am

Post by Varsoon »

To make this clearer for you:
In post 1, Krazy wrote:
  • This is a confirmed single-ball game with no third party roles. The distribution of players will be 11 town vs 3 mafia
  • There will be a role similar to a town-aligned vigilante in this game
  • This game will feature roles that interact with the order of players in the player list, but the primary emphasis will still be on day play and not night actions.
@Mod: Can we take the point quoted here to indicate that there will be a TOWN-ALIGNED role that is similar to a Vigilante this game?
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:55 am

Post by Michael Scott »

Buzzwords are also great when they capture the essence of an argument, removing the need to explain it. I don't think the accusation I made needed much elaboration, but here's my rebuttal to your response anyway.

Sure, going "Oh that was Towny where did that come from?" Is a legitimate feeling to have, but doesn't pair off with "I towntold a bunch of times" -- the latter portrays an awareness to the tells. I don't trust that it's beyond your capability to know how town!you would behave and then behave in a similar fashion. Also, you're exaggerating how ridiculous it is to make those moves as scum - for example, I've already pointed out benefits to non-signing as scum.

~J
Shoshin the worst
Shoshin the worst
Goon
Shoshin the worst
Goon
Goon

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:56 am

In post 531, u r a person 2 wrote:
In post 529, Michael Scott wrote:
In post 372, u r a person 2 wrote:my town leans right now are
STW -tone,play I think TW is trying to use his experience modding and playing with me to read me and that's why he's asking me for my thoughts about specific posts.
I found this in your ISO, your progression from this to your latest read there seems highly unnatural.
Did you just notice that you were inferring who was authoring them? You had nothing to say when their (lack of) signing was a talking point of the game?

~Detective Michael Scarn
I called them scummy for it early in this game when people were talking about it.

Then they stopped signing, but I could tell who was writing and I kind of felt that was their compromise, if that makes sense.

I don't understand why you think it is unnatural? I was expecting TW to want to see thought process in order to read me precisely because of our prior experience, so at the time that checked out. Now, having given him something to work with, Ithink it's likely that he finds a town read on me if he is town.

p.edit The other half of what? I'm not following, Mephisto
Why do you think town!tw townreads you here? Specifics please
Why do you think scum!tw doesn't townread you?

Also yeah we put the squeeze on slots we want to be able to read, that's exactly what we're doing
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:58 am

Post by u r a person 2 »

In post 560, Shoshin the worst wrote:
In post 522, u r a person 2 wrote:@stw I thought you were done with this synchronized hydra nonsense but in retrospect you were just not signing and I was just inferring who was authoring the posts.

This is still scummy

also, I've given enough thought process that I think town!tw has a town read on me here at least 50% of the time

VOTE: shoshin the worst
Why did I pause my catchup.....

URAP2, point me in the direction of where to look for towniness in your ISO?
I'm not going to point you to specific things because I'm not into self meta

But everything from me asking for people to wagon me until now is a good start
103-11 0-2
Shoshin the worst
Shoshin the worst
Goon
Shoshin the worst
Goon
Goon

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:58 am

In post 539, Shoshin the worst wrote:
In post 381, Varsoon wrote:
In post 367, Mephistophanes 39 wrote:Game integrity is also compromised by shitty reads, so there’s that too,
Shitty reads are an inherent part of mafia. Players swapping at the table in long-form play is not a design element of the game.

Anyway.

I heard that the lurk-meta on Nico indicates scum there but I don't really know if that's true or not.
Wow where did you hear this?
Btw ^^^^^
Shoshin the worst
Shoshin the worst
Goon
Shoshin the worst
Goon
Goon

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:59 am

In post 543, Varsoon wrote:Just gonna bring this into overdrive, actually, and go for the dunk.
Day Vig: Shoshin the Worst
Actually lack of flavour is likely fake
Almost Chara
Almost Chara
Mafia Scum
Almost Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:00 am

Post by Almost Chara »

i'm not sure why you expect the d1 dayvig to be believed by anyone when you just finished a fake triplevoter claim.

most of my scumreads are in empty leftover slots. or rather all of them. Varsoon's the only loud player i would consider lynching right now, and conveniently one of the players i want to be townreading the most. i'm of two minds on the matter, i think it's within scum Varsoon's wheelhouse to pick a hill to die on and survive off of that, while the focus on getting everyone's opinion on his triplevoter claim is townier. and also something i think scum Varsoon would do.
it's sort of demonstrative. the kind of spewing thought-process associated with town (usually) that i've seen scum Varsoon employ just recently.

STW's reaction to the dayvig is another very small town point for them.
~Chara
[
wiki
] hydra of
Almost50
and
Chara
[
Win:Loss
]
T 2:2
S 1:1
3P 1:0
Shoshin the worst
Shoshin the worst
Goon
Shoshin the worst
Goon
Goon

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:01 am

In post 556, Varsoon wrote:I really like that recent post of URAP2's and Michael Scott's.
I don't know why STW is trying to present this game as hard to read/sort.

-V
Varsoon scm1: stop handing out townreads everywhere!!!!
Varsoon scm2: this game is easy to sort

It doesn't feel even slightly easy.
Shoshin the worst
Shoshin the worst
Goon
Shoshin the worst
Goon
Goon

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:02 am

In post 563, Michael Scott wrote:Buzzwords are also great when they capture the essence of an argument, removing the need to explain it. I don't think the accusation I made needed much elaboration, but here's my rebuttal to your response anyway.

Sure, going "Oh that was Towny where did that come from?" Is a legitimate feeling to have, but doesn't pair off with "I towntold a bunch of times" -- the latter portrays an awareness to the tells. I don't trust that it's beyond your capability to know how town!you would behave and then behave in a similar fashion. Also, you're exaggerating how ridiculous it is to make those moves as scum - for example, I've already pointed out benefits to non-signing as scum.

~J
I'm not saying they're irrelevant, just that I can't engage with you at a deeper level because I don't understand what you think the implications are.
Almost Chara
Almost Chara
Mafia Scum
Almost Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:03 am

Post by Almost Chara »

based on Nico's meta, i'm townleaning her slot for now. slightly.
~Chara
[
wiki
] hydra of
Almost50
and
Chara
[
Win:Loss
]
T 2:2
S 1:1
3P 1:0
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:03 am

Post by Michael Scott »

Eh, I "cut the buzzwords" and explained.
Feel free to respond to that part, I'm not interested in debating the merits of using buzzwords. (Oh, and "buzzword" is a buzzword)

~J
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:04 am

Post by u r a person 2 »

In post 564, Shoshin the worst wrote:Why do you think town!tw townreads you here? Specifics please
Why do you think scum!tw doesn't townread you?
The first is a read on TW's skill level that takes into account his experience with me. It's not a prelude to self meta analysis

I think scum!tw certainly can town read me, and would do that some % of the time. I don't think scum!tw is terribly worried about pocketing me in this player set. I don't know what they are, but there are certainly past experiences between him and others that would have him prioritizing others. Part of that , or any other scum!strat that tw employs could involve not town reading me. Saying that I expect town!tw to town read me here does not insinuate that I think scum!tw scum reads me 100% of the time
103-11 0-2
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:04 am

Post by Michael Scott »

In post 571, Almost Chara wrote:based on Nico's meta, i'm townleaning her slot for now. slightly.
~Chara
You're really townleaning a HARD lurker slot... For meta reasons?

~Jimothy

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”