Are endgamed players dead

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #26 (isolation #0) » Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:28 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 7, BNL wrote:
In post 5, Cheery Dog wrote:Endgaming is just a forgone conclusion to the results (scum have the majority), it's skipping the remaining days and nights where the rest of town dies.
No. Endgame is ending the game when the game’s outcome is certain without playing out the game.

Consider a Mountainous 2:7 Mafia game where town lose on Day 3. All moderators who bother updating the OP post-game will write “Player, Townie, endgamed Day 3” or similar somewhere in the OP. Pay attention to “endgamed Day 3”; this shows that the townies have already lost on Day 3. The game does not autojump to the point where all townies would eventually be killed by the Mafia, or it would say “died Night 3”, “died Day 4” for the 2 endgamed townies.

Ergo, being endgamed is not being killed.
Gonna toss in my two cents
On my wiki I list Endgamed as it’s own event in the same section I list whether I’m Lynched, Nightkilled, or Survived. So there’s a distinction imo.
Another thing I want to mention is whether endgamed town live could also be a flavor thing. In the recently ended the worst Idea Mafia, I had the plan that if the scumteam won, the resolution of the flavor conflict would be the surrender of the town to the scumteam and submission to their will. This would result in the remaining town being spared.
I’m aware that’s probably not very important but I think it could add something.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #27 (isolation #1) » Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:31 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 21, Firebringer wrote:i don't get why this matters in any real sense.

unless u want to write some fan stories about mafia games.
I mean I’d be down for this tbh
We need more people dedicated to spicing up games
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”

Return to “Mafia Discussion”