Starcraft Mafia: 2 -- Game Over!

Tibor and Lumia
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: March 07, 2018
Pronoun: They

Post Post #650  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:39 pm

In post 645, Shoshin the worst wrote:Actually that line of enquiry is completely inconsistent with recent scum!tw / town!brass. (This involves an alt, and the only time the pocketing townread on you was reversed was when a mislynch was needed on your slot in MyLo)

It's disturbing that you've just assumed we are scum because you don't like TW feeling like he can't read you confidently yet. Why are you scared of engaging with us about the read?

I'm not scared of engaging you, I just know that the worst uses that excuse on me when he rolls scum. There is no reason to engage when he's claiming he's "worried because I'm null" because that is a scum tell.

-Still me
Tibor (Brassherald) and Lumia (Gamma Emerald)

u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: December 09, 2018

Post Post #651  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:42 pm

if not with him, how about engaging with me?
103-11 0-2

Tibor and Lumia
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: March 07, 2018
Pronoun: They

Post Post #652  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:43 pm

In post 651, u r a person 2 wrote:if not with him, how about engaging with me?

You're town reading the slot, to my knowledge, how can that be svs?

-B
Tibor (Brassherald) and Lumia (Gamma Emerald)

Shoshin the worst
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: January 05, 2019
Pronoun: They

Post Post #653  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:44 pm

He was still hunting for scum that game. Aggressively, and he did a good job. He did not have TMI. You're suggesting we have TMI on your slot and are choosing to misrepresent it as a scumspect. Those are two extremely different situations. I'm not sure what your point is here unless you think we're a serial killer.

Also yum peanuts <3
hydra of Shoshin & the worst!

Shoshin the worst
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: January 05, 2019
Pronoun: They

Post Post #654  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:45 pm

In post 650, Tibor and Lumia wrote:
In post 645, Shoshin the worst wrote:Actually that line of enquiry is completely inconsistent with recent scum!tw / town!brass. (This involves an alt, and the only time the pocketing townread on you was reversed was when a mislynch was needed on your slot in MyLo)

It's disturbing that you've just assumed we are scum because you don't like TW feeling like he can't read you confidently yet. Why are you scared of engaging with us about the read?

I'm not scared of engaging you, I just know that the worst uses that excuse on me when he rolls scum. There is no reason to engage when he's claiming he's "worried because I'm null" because that is a scum tell.

-Still me

Making an effort & being careful with reading you is a scumtell?
We won't be immediately alt-outing (even though it's not a secret) but do you remember the last time town-Brass and town-Shoshin played with scum-tw?
hydra of Shoshin & the worst!

u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: December 09, 2018

Post Post #655  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:45 pm

In post 652, Tibor and Lumia wrote:You're town reading the slot, to my knowledge, how can that be svs?

-B

i'm not town reading stw if that's what you're saying

but also I think we're having a miscommunication.

You said that TW is scum and you voted me.

I'm asking if TW and me being svs is consistent with your current worldview, or if your scum read on me is entirely independent of your scum read on him.
103-11 0-2

Shoshin the worst
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: January 05, 2019
Pronoun: They

Post Post #656  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:47 pm

Him voting you is fine considering we're waiting for the mod to post a votecount so Varsoon's farcical reaction test can end.
hydra of Shoshin & the worst!

Tibor and Lumia
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: March 07, 2018
Pronoun: They

Post Post #657  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:48 pm

In post 654, Shoshin the worst wrote:
In post 650, Tibor and Lumia wrote:
In post 645, Shoshin the worst wrote:Actually that line of enquiry is completely inconsistent with recent scum!tw / town!brass. (This involves an alt, and the only time the pocketing townread on you was reversed was when a mislynch was needed on your slot in MyLo)

It's disturbing that you've just assumed we are scum because you don't like TW feeling like he can't read you confidently yet. Why are you scared of engaging with us about the read?

I'm not scared of engaging you, I just know that the worst uses that excuse on me when he rolls scum. There is no reason to engage when he's claiming he's "worried because I'm null" because that is a scum tell.

-Still me

Making an effort & being careful with reading you is a scumtell?
We won't be immediately alt-outing (even though it's not a secret) but do you remember the last time town-Brass and town-Shoshin played with scum-tw?

No, but let's just say it's on ManWithNoName, not so much of a secret alt anymore. Enlighten me.

u r a person 2 wrote:
In post 652, Tibor and Lumia wrote:You're town reading the slot, to my knowledge, how can that be svs?

-B

i'm not town reading stw if that's what you're saying

but also I think we're having a miscommunication.

You said that TW is scum and you voted me.

I'm asking if TW and me being svs is consistent with your current worldview, or if your scum read on me is entirely independent of your scum read on him.

Independent, I've been troubled by your willingness to make all the high posters town, now more troubled by your turning on those reads with no real reasoning.

-I have a name, it is Brass
Tibor (Brassherald) and Lumia (Gamma Emerald)

Varsoon
Scatman
 
User avatar
Joined: February 18, 2013
Pronoun: He

Post Post #658  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:52 pm

It's not a reaction test, but I appreciate people continuing to play as though you're out of the picture, as you soon will be.

-V

Shoshin the worst
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: January 05, 2019
Pronoun: They

Post Post #659  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:53 pm

So in SUPP2017 mafia the worst was effectively strong-armed into pretending to townread you because of your meta together. Shoshin and a few others heavily scumread your slot, and TW was put into a situation where they were forced to rescind their townread as "made too soon"--but only as a XyLo reconsideration of the read. That's it. That's how groupscum TW has most recently read your slot.

In Project Pinecone, he was a serial killer going up against the town and a 4 man scumteam. He didn't fake not being able to read you properly, because he didn't need to. It was his job to eliminate the scumteam just as much as it www the town's. Please appreciate that a self-aligned third party's approach to hunting the scumteam is far closer to a townie's, than to groupscum's.

The only read he manipulated there was lying about reconsidering obvscum dramonic on day one. There is no benefit in lying about nullreading you as a serial killer.

Tl;dr: if we were scum, we have no issues faking a read on your slot and no reason not to fake a read on your slot.
hydra of Shoshin & the worst!

Shoshin the worst
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: January 05, 2019
Pronoun: They

Post Post #660  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:55 pm

If this goes through and Krazy doesn't confirm that the vigilante is aligned with the town, do not trust Varsoon based on his play so far.
hydra of Shoshin & the worst!

Tibor and Lumia
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: March 07, 2018
Pronoun: They

Post Post #661  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:59 pm

First, SUPP2017 actually finished?

Second, the vote and placing my slot really low doesn't seem like a null read to me. So, how is actively pushing a "null read" a town action.

Third, I don't think day vig can be aligned with scum under the site rules, but that one may just be completely wrong.

-Signature
Tibor (Brassherald) and Lumia (Gamma Emerald)

u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: December 09, 2018

Post Post #662  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:02 pm

How is pushing a null read on day one scummy, exactly?
103-11 0-2

Tibor and Lumia
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: March 07, 2018
Pronoun: They

Post Post #663  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:04 pm

Because town wants to lynch scum, so, town should push scum reads. Therefore, pushing non-scum reads is scummy.

-B
Tibor (Brassherald) and Lumia (Gamma Emerald)

Shoshin the worst
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: January 05, 2019
Pronoun: They

Post Post #664  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:11 pm

In post 661, Tibor and Lumia wrote:First, SUPP2017 actually finished?

Second, the vote and placing my slot really low doesn't seem like a null read to me. So, how is actively pushing a "null read" a town action.

Third, I don't think day vig can be aligned with scum under the site rules, but that one may just be completely wrong.

-Signature

Only under normal guidelines (which Krazy has proved he doesn't believe in :P) - theme games are exempt from that.
All the same you're almost certainly not s/s with Varsoon I think.

I vote nullreads to get them to react so I can try to get a better read on them. If that's not a town action I'm probably scum irl.

And jumping on nullreads so they start towntelling or... not towntelling.... is a brilliant way to proceed if you don't have many reads. How would you propose handling nullreads if not pressuring them?
hydra of Shoshin & the worst!

u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: December 09, 2018

Post Post #665  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:12 pm

I don't know if it's playstyle or what, but D1 seems to me to be exactly the right time to dig into your null reads

There's still sorting to be done!

Do you have a read on Taly?
103-11 0-2

Shoshin the worst
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: January 05, 2019
Pronoun: They

Post Post #666  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:13 pm

Ultimately there's two factions. Scum and town. There isn't a null faction, so having nullreads instantly compromises the integrity of a readlist.

I think it's a quirk I'm developing these days.
hydra of Shoshin & the worst!

Tibor and Lumia
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: March 07, 2018
Pronoun: They

Post Post #667  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:16 pm

In post 665, u r a person 2 wrote:I don't know if it's playstyle or what, but D1 seems to me to be exactly the right time to dig into your null reads

There's still sorting to be done!

Do you have a read on Taly?

History shows that I am bad at reading Taly.

So, I've been waiting until the next time Gamma and I are around on discord at the same time to discuss that one with him. Timing has not been out friend the past few days.

Most accurate answer is that I do have ideas on the slot, but want my other head before really acting on them or making them public.

-Brass
Tibor (Brassherald) and Lumia (Gamma Emerald)

Shoshin the worst
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: January 05, 2019
Pronoun: They

Post Post #668  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:17 pm

The human race is bad at reading Taly.

VOTE: Kokichi

Choo choo.
hydra of Shoshin & the worst!

u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: December 09, 2018

Post Post #669  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:22 pm

That's frustrating, but I respect your process.

I guess TW is no longer null on you

I wish I had gotten such a strong feeling.

Help a person build their brass read. what did you see?
103-11 0-2

Varsoon
Scatman
 
User avatar
Joined: February 18, 2013
Pronoun: He

Post Post #670  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:24 pm

In post 668, Shoshin the worst wrote:The human race is bad at reading Taly.

VOTE: Kokichi

Choo choo.


This is an incredibly important post once Shoshin flips scum.
Mark my words.

Shoshin the worst
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: January 05, 2019
Pronoun: They

Post Post #671  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:30 pm

In post 669, u r a person 2 wrote:That's frustrating, but I respect your process.

I guess TW is no longer null on you

I wish I had gotten such a strong feeling.

Help a person build their brass read. what did you see?

The reactionary confusion and bite was very very town!brass. good tone and I think the pace of it pushes on being outside brass' scumrange.

His immediate "ok lol well you're vigged and probably scum and here's why so I'm gonna lynch someone else" was towny as hell especially from him. I also don't think that comment wrt TW misreading him which is completely inconsistent with play history comes from scum who's scheming our mislynch.
hydra of Shoshin & the worst!

Shoshin the worst
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: January 05, 2019
Pronoun: They

Post Post #672  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:31 pm

Very Pure Mindset
hydra of Shoshin & the worst!

Krazy
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: January 29, 2011
Pronoun: He

Post Post #673  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:40 pm

In post 562, Varsoon wrote:
In post 1, Krazy wrote:
  • This is a confirmed single-ball game with no third party roles. The distribution of players will be 11 town vs 3 mafia
  • There will be a role similar to a town-aligned vigilante in this game
  • This game will feature roles that interact with the order of players in the player list, but the primary emphasis will still be on day play and not night actions.


@Mod: Can we take the point quoted here to indicate that there will be a TOWN-ALIGNED role that is similar to a Vigilante this game?


Yes.
vote conspiracy

Shoshin the worst
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: January 05, 2019
Pronoun: They

Post Post #674  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:41 pm

#stillalive
#stilltown
hydra of Shoshin & the worst!

PreviousNext
[ + ]

Return to Completed Large Theme Games