Social games for ~30 people

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Social games for ~30 people

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:58 am

Post by Xdaamno »

I'm attending a wedding later this year. After the wedding proper concludes, there'll be about 30 people hanging out with snacks.

Does anyone know social games that work well for that number of people?

The newlyweds will be nerd-adjacent enough such that off-the-wall suggestions are not immediately disqualified... Though of course, you'd like everyone to have fun, ideally.
"This should be an absolute car crash, but let's try it." - CDB
"did you get ces to look disgusted by their offer? i thought that might work" - Patrick
Cracking Idea Mafia
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:50 am

Post by shaft.ed »

Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:02 am

Post by Persivul »

Break people into teams (they'll probably have eaten at several tables anyway, there's your teams) and do a scavenger hunt for things that people would have on their person, in wallet/purse, or in their car. Include about 20 - 25 items. Have some fun with it - like "a black sock" will have people taking off a shoe and sock, that's good for laughs. :A black bra" would be better, but I've done this for church groups. Put a 10 minute time limit on it to get them moving, but if they're still going at 10, let it keep going until it slows down. Have a prize - even if it's cheesy, it gets people motivated. I've done this several times and it's always fun. If you want a list I've used in the past send me a PM.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:06 am

Post by Persivul »

Get a big mobile whiteboard and do pictionary. No teams or scores, just for fun.

Again prizes get people involved. $1 scratch-off lottery tickets are good. They don't cost you much and people love them.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:09 am

Post by Persivul »

Make up 30 index cards with the name of a celebrity or historical figure on each. Tape a card on each person's back. Everyone goes around asking other people questions to get clues to who they are. First 5 people to correctly name themselves win..

Return to “General Discussion”