Magic: The Gathering,GO TEAM MS!

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: With the Flying Pumpkin That Shoots Laser Beams Out Of It's Ass

Post Post #7458 (isolation #0) » Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:20 am

Post by Inferno390 »

Finally found the MTG thread! *screams*

I'm looking to get into Standard this season before Kaladesh goes out of rotation. Looking at a Blue/Black Pirates deck with Marionette Masters and Tidy Conclusions. Thoughts? Suggestions?
"Do I have permission to....refute some of the bs that Inferno just spewed out?"--TywinL

“Does anyone know if Inferno is prone to going of on huge tangents of twisted logic regarding basically alignment neutral posting? Asking for a friend ...”—MagnaofIllusion

Inferno390 GTKAS

Mafiascum Moderator Society
Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7460 (isolation #1) » Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:31 am

Post by Inferno390 »

Oh. :cry:

AThat's a shame, since it would be so good with Pirates. Guess I'll switch that out with some Contract Killings then.
"Do I have permission to....refute some of the bs that Inferno just spewed out?"--TywinL

“Does anyone know if Inferno is prone to going of on huge tangents of twisted logic regarding basically alignment neutral posting? Asking for a friend ...”—MagnaofIllusion

Inferno390 GTKAS

Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7462 (isolation #2) » Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:53 am

Post by Inferno390 »

Oh, I thought you meant that it was banned! :lol:
Actually, I'm not looking to play aggressive with this deck. It's supposed to be blue/black control pirates, with more focus on the treasure tokens than the attacking itself.

Inferno390 GTKAS

Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7463 (isolation #3) » Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:54 am

Post by Inferno390 »

Which is why I want the Tidy Conclusions, because while 5 mana for a kill spell alone is not that good, 5 mana for a kill spell plus 5+ life and at instant speed is not bad, especially with cards like Ghalta in the meta right now.

Inferno390 GTKAS

Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7466 (isolation #4) » Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:28 am

Post by Inferno390 »

In post 7465, McMenno wrote:if you wanted to play with treasure tokens etc., you'd probably want to go all in on the treasure, and I don't think those spells fit in that shell. that deck is probably not very viable though, so prepare to lose a lot unless you take it to a very casual fnm meta.
What's not very viable? Treasure Tokens?

Inferno390 GTKAS

Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7468 (isolation #5) » Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:37 am

Post by Inferno390 »

I am doing something rampy, in the form of Marionette Master. Unless I'm stupid and I don't understand how tokens work (which is completely possible and probably accurate), I can use it's ability to drain 4 life from my opponent with every Treasure I sack.

Inferno390 GTKAS

Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7470 (isolation #6) » Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:44 am

Post by Inferno390 »

That seems pretty good, but also very iffy. It looks like a lot of creature removal, which if your opponent is tutoring out or playing a lot of creatures, it could struggle. Definitely could use at least another Fumigate.

Inferno390 GTKAS

Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7527 (isolation #7) » Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:12 am

Post by Inferno390 »

Hey everyone, I’m heading off to a FNM tonight with James Brafin, and I’m trying to bring a fun deck idea up to par with the meta. It’s a red-white deck based around the interaction between Goblin Chainwhirler (a good card in its own right) and Kwende. I want my core so far to be those two cards, Path of Mettle, and then some utility enchantments like Tilolanni’s Crown to take my deck to the next level.

So far the decklist is:
Nest Robber x3
Fanatical Firebrand x3
Rigging Runner x2
Charging Monstrosaur x1
Goblin Chainwhirler x2
Sun Sentinel x4
Everdawn Champion x3
Suncrested Pterodon x2
Kwende, Pride of Femeref x1

Path of Mettle x1
Tilonalli’s Crown x2
See Red x2

Moment of Triumph x4
Sure Strike x3

Warlord’s Fury x3

Plains x10
Mountain x14

I do want to note that I know that this deck is crummy rn, it’s designed to be played in our homebrew meta, where we play far less removal and such and focus much more on combat interaction. I’ve also bought 0 cards for the deck so far, meaning it’s all basically coming out of my big box of cards.

Strategy: The deck is designed to get out some early creatures such as Fanatical Firebrand to put pressure on the opponent and Everdawn Cahmpion to clog up the combat field. The deck tends to trade at a smaller level until a bigger card like Chainwhirler or Charging Monstrosaur can find their way into play, ant which point I can use cheap utility spells or enchantments to plow through my opponent. A classic sort of beat down deck. I included the Petrodons to have a flying aspect for late game pushes, plus with a Crown it’s a 5/4 flyer with Trample and conditional Vigilance, which allows it to dodge Seal Away. Path of Mettle allows me to put my opponent on a ticking clock, gives me a late game mana sink, and I can flip it relatively quick. Warlord’s Fury is a great utility card with Kwende, because it allows me to in theory give my whole field Double Strike without having to pack my deck with First Strike creatures.

My thoughts so far:
I need more Kwende and Path of Mettle for sure. Also more Chainwhirler perhaps?
There’s definitely some deck tech that needs to be replaced, like the Moment of Triumph, but I’m not sure what to slot there.
What should my balance be with my Firebrand/Robbers? The Firebrand is a a slightly better card, but Robber gives me a cheap way to activate my Petrodons, so I don’t need both in play. Or do I want my Petrodons at all?
My mama curve hits about the sweet spot, but what about dual-colored lands? Keep in mind I do have a budget, but I also have a full set of Stone Quarries I can dig out for the time being?
I’m not completely thrilled with Everdawn Champion. Obviously a replace card, but for what?
I also need to develop a good sideboard. I don’t have one yet, and that’s going to be crucial for my deck to play well.

Thoughts? Suggestions? Decklists?
Last edited by Inferno390 on Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:38 am, edited 2 times in total.

Inferno390 GTKAS

Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7528 (isolation #8) » Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:38 pm

Post by Inferno390 »

Update:
Not going to the FNM tonight, but I’ve made some changes to the deck over the course of the day.
-4 Moment of Triumph
-1 Nest Robber
-1 Everdawn Champion
-1 Sun Sentinel
-3 Mountains

+4 Sheltering Light
+1 Kwende, Pride of Femeref
+1 Charging Monstrosaur
+1 Path of Mettle
+3 Stone Quarry

Also made a sideboard:
Tilonalli’s Summoner x2
Charging Tuskodon x2
Tilonalli’s Crown x2
Cast Out x2
Fervent Strike x4
Mafia Spray x3

I still want to cut my other Everdawn Champions (probably for another pair of Chainwhirler+Kwende). The Sheltering Light halos me dodge Ccreature removal, though it’s not perfect. Sideboard wise, I liked the Fervent Strike just if I’m playing against another Aggro. The Tuskodon is a good swapper with the Monstrosaur, in case the latter isn’t doing well enough. I think keeping my Summoners alive will be relatively easy in this deck, though they’re not crucial, so I didn’t main them. I want to look at replacing the Cast Outs with Seal Aways, but I don’t seem to have too much of a problem hitting 4 mana and it’s a bit more versatile.

Thoughts?

Inferno390 GTKAS

Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7530 (isolation #9) » Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:49 am

Post by Inferno390 »

I like this idea. With Varduk, Jousting Lance and Champion of the Flame available rn, that would really push my deck farther. And Helm of the Host would allow me to hold onto Kwende for longer and copy Danitha, which is quite a spicy combo.

-Nest Robber x2
-Rigging Runner x2
-Suncrested Petrodon x2
-Charging Monstrosaur x2
-See Red x2
-Sure Strike x3

+Varduk, Keeper of the Flame x2
+Champion of the Flame x2
+Danitha Capashen, Paragon x2
+Jousting Lance x2
+Helm of the Host x2
+Lighting Strike x3

This gives a decklist of:

Champion of the Flame x2
Fanatical Firebrand x3
Danitha, Capashen, Paragon x2
Goblin Chainwhirler x2
Sun Sentinel x3
Everdawn Champion x2
Varduk, Keeper of the Flame x2
Kwende, Pride of Femeref x2
Jousting Lance x2
Helm of the Host x2
Path of Mettle x2
Tilonalli’s Crown x2
Sheltering Light x4
Lightning Strike x3
Warlord’s Fury x3
Plains x10
Mountain x11
Stone Quarry x3

Sideboard:
Tilonalli’s Summoner x2
Charging Tuskodon x2
Tilonalli’s Crown x2
Cast Out x2
Fervent Strike x4
Mafia Spray x3

Obviously, I still need to cut the Sun Sentinels and the Everdawn Champions, though I’m not sure with what. The mana balance probably also needs tweaking.

Inferno390 GTKAS

Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7531 (isolation #10) » Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:39 am

Post by Inferno390 »

Okay, next iteration:

Champion of the Flame x3
Danitha, Capashen, Paragon x3
Goblin Chainwhirler x2
Benalia Honor Guard x3
Varduk, Keeper of the Flame x2
Kwende, Pride of Femeref x3
Jousting Lance x4
Forebearer’s Sword x2
Helm of the Host x2
Path of Mettle x2
Sheltering Light x4
Lightning Strike x3
Pride of Conquerers x3
Plains x10
Mountain x11
Stone Quarry x3

Sideboard:
Tilonalli’s Summoner x2
Charging Tuskodon x2
Seal Away x3
Fervent Strike x4
Cobbled Wings x4

How’s that look?

Inferno390 GTKAS

Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7533 (isolation #11) » Thu Aug 30, 2018 2:10 am

Post by Inferno390 »

Still haven’t built it yet. Haven’t had the time to hit a game store to get my missing components.

I’ve also been thinking about the fact that there’s a subtheme of going wide between Varduk and the Summoners, and I’m wondering if I should replace the Charging Tuskodons in the sideboard with Benalish Marshals. It’s a great card to pair with Helm of the Host, it takes a bunch of my cards out of Magma Spray range, and if I dig up both (or a Helm) it plays like hell.
Also, should I make some room on my sideboard for Blackblake Reforged? I think just one copy would be fine, but is it worth it?

Inferno390 GTKAS

Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7536 (isolation #12) » Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:57 am

Post by Inferno390 »

Just got all the cards I need!
Gonna go home and build the deck for testing now!
Also got 4 Clifftop Retreats because I got everything I needed for under 20$. Even with those I spent about 25$

Inferno390 GTKAS

Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7539 (isolation #13) » Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:50 am

Post by Inferno390 »

RAVINICA HYPE
so ready for Boros/Orzhov

Inferno390 GTKAS

Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7546 (isolation #14) » Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:25 am

Post by Inferno390 »

Yeah, I really looking forward to rotation now

Inferno390 GTKAS

Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7548 (isolation #15) » Sat Sep 08, 2018 3:02 pm

Post by Inferno390 »

I honestly don’t know what to think about it
On one hand, flying and Lifelink for one mana is pretty good
On the other, it’s really prone to removal (Chainwhirler comes to mind) and viable pump for it is going to be a pain.
I think I prefer my one drop in Snubhorn Senteniel in terms of convoke (which I know sounds odd, but hey)

Inferno390 GTKAS

Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7552 (isolation #16) » Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:47 am

Post by Inferno390 »

I like that thought for limited.
Anyone seen today’s spoilers yet? Response//Resurgence is definitely finding a home in my deck (probably to replace Lightning Strike)

Inferno390 GTKAS

Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7554 (isolation #17) » Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:35 am

Post by Inferno390 »

Yeah it is. Super cheap for removal.

I think Chromatic Lantern’s going to be a big card. I’ve built a Bant Historic deck for banter that is actually mostly artifacts and good colorless lands with a few colored things mixed in. Just for banter (ha, BANTer), nothing serious. But it actually plays okay, and Lantern might be one of he cards it need to go somewhere. Plus it’s going to bring some tri-color decks some more power.

Inferno390 GTKAS

Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7557 (isolation #18) » Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:40 am

Post by Inferno390 »

Great spoils this week
Popping in to talk about something that I read in an article
Snubhorn Sentry + Mentor?

Inferno390 GTKAS

Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7560 (isolation #19) » Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:34 pm

Post by Inferno390 »

Okay
Crackling Drake plus Induced Amnesia
Does this do what I think it does?

Inferno390 GTKAS

Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7562 (isolation #20) » Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:46 pm

Post by Inferno390 »

I wasn’t worried about the power
I just wanted to know if that was a thing

Inferno390 GTKAS

Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7564 (isolation #21) » Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:39 pm

Post by Inferno390 »

Okay
So I have decided to disagree with you on the power of Crackling Drake with this decklist:

Crackling Drake x3
Flood of Recollection x2
Mission Briefing x3
Syncopate x4
Erratic Cyclops x2
Apex of Power x2
Lava Axe x2
Expansion // Explosion x2
Response // Resurgance x3
Boros Locket x2
Izzet Locket x3
Beacon of Lightning x2
Omnispell Adept x2
Lightning Strike x4

Needs some work, but I like where it’s going
Going to call it “Apply Cold Water to Burn: Standard Edition”

Need to set up a mana curve
Thinking maybe Maximum Velocity in trade for Lava Axe?
Lava Coil for Lighting Strike?
Sideboard Niv-Mizzet and Lighting Strike?
Thoughts?

Inferno390 GTKAS

Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7568 (isolation #22) » Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:34 am

Post by Inferno390 »

Tajac, Legion’s Edge
Spicy meme
Will see play in my Red/White equip deck. Probably to replace my Benalish Honor Gaurd.
Which might be enough to warrant a Blackblade play? I’m running a bunch of other Legendary already, so this is just icing on the cake.

Inferno390 GTKAS

Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7588 (isolation #23) » Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:58 am

Post by Inferno390 »

Izzet is dope

Inferno390 GTKAS

Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7591 (isolation #24) » Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:50 pm

Post by Inferno390 »

So after seeing the Orzhov mechanic, I got super inspired, and am now building the shell for a super cool BWG token shell.

Really simple idea:
Use Divine Visitation/Izoni/Afterlife cards to completely overwhelm the opponent.

Now I just need the cards to be spoiled...

Inferno390 GTKAS

Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7593 (isolation #25) » Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:17 pm

Post by Inferno390 »

Yeah, that card’s going to see some play for sure

Inferno390 GTKAS

Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7595 (isolation #26) » Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:19 am

Post by Inferno390 »

So with the heavy spoiling, this is what my Abzan token deck is shaping into:

Izoni, the Thousand Eyed x3
Slaughter The Strong x3 (Sideboard)
Torgaar, Famine Incarnate x2 (Sideboard)
Whisper, Blood Liturgist x2
Vraska, Golgari Queen x2
Divine Visitation x3
March of the Multitudes x2
Arguel’s Bloodfast x2
Ashes of the Abhorrent x3 (Sideboard)
Bloodcrazed Paladin x2 (Sideboard)
Camaraderie x2 (Sideboard)
Costly Plunder x4
Elena, the Dusk Rose x3 (Sideboard)
Teysa Karlov x2
Orzhov Enforcer x3
Ministrant of Obligation x3
Knight of the Last Breath x1
Priest of the Forgotten Gods x3
Pitiless Pontiff x2
Imperious Oligarch x4
Lands

Obviously I’ll be running the Black/White Dominaria lands/Orzhov shock, but how’s this look for a starting point?

Inferno390 GTKAS

Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7603 (isolation #27) » Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:05 am

Post by Inferno390 »

Spark looks insane
Blue Green Aggro is going to get really dope.

Inferno390 GTKAS

Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7607 (isolation #28) » Tue May 14, 2019 4:56 pm

Post by Inferno390 »

Kwende and Friends, Mark II:

Spoiler: FIRST STRIKE BOIIIIIS
//deck-1
3 Kwende, Pride of Femeref (dom)
3 Nahiri, Storm of Stone (war)
3 Jaya's Greeting (war)
2 Jousting Lance (dom)
2 Fresh-Faced Recruit (grn)
2 Healer's Hawk (grn)
3 History of Benalia (dom)
2 Pride of Conquerors (rix)
3 Seal Away (dom)
4 Clifftop Retreat (dom)
2 Tajic, Legion's Edge (grn)
2 Benalish Marshal (dom)
6 Mountain (ust)
2 Response // Resurgence (grn)
10 Plains (unst)
2 Dawn of Hope (grn)
3 Sheltering Light (xln)
1 Forebear's Blade (dom)
2 Sigiled Sword of Valeron (m19)
3 Legion's Landing // Adanto, the First Fort (xln)

//sideboard-1
2 Lyra Dawnbringer (dom)
2 Bond of Discipline (war)
1 Sigiled Sword of Valeron (m19)
1 Response // Resurgence (grn)
2 Forebear's Blade (dom)
2 Finale of Glory (war)
3 Conclave Tribunal (grn)
2 Tilonalli's Summoner (rix)

It's basically White Weenie with a red splash. Thoughts?

Inferno390 GTKAS

Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7610 (isolation #29) » Wed May 15, 2019 3:13 pm

Post by Inferno390 »

I did include Nahiri so I could get that First Strike on all my creatures, but I definitely can see the value of Lighting Strikes.

Inferno390 GTKAS

Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7614 (isolation #30) » Thu May 16, 2019 11:41 am

Post by Inferno390 »

Kk.
I guess a good start is to cut Seal Away for Shock and Jaya’s greeting for Lighting Strike. Then I cut Healer’s Hawks for an extra Kwende and Tajic? And Switch the Sigiled Swords for Forebearers?

Now from there:
Sheltering Light I’ve been using to protect Kwende, but now that I’m running 4, should I cut them? What for?
Is there something better than Fresh-Faced Recruit? I was keeping it for Kwende synergy, but it’s not great.

Inferno390 GTKAS

Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7615 (isolation #31) » Thu May 16, 2019 11:42 am

Post by Inferno390 »

In post 7613, popsofctown wrote:for positive feedback, having the willpower to contain Lira Dawnbringer to the sideboard is a good look
Yeah, Lyra is never a main board card lol

Inferno390 GTKAS

Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7617 (isolation #32) » Fri May 17, 2019 3:45 pm

Post by Inferno390 »

okay, how about this:

Spoiler: FIRST STRIKE BOIIIIIIIS
//deck-1
4 Kwende, Pride of Femeref
3 Nahiri, Storm of Stone
3 Lightning Strike
2 Jousting Lance
3 Dire Fleet Daredevil
4 History of Benalia
3 Shock
3 Dauntless Bodyguard
2 Pride of Conquerors
3 Tajic, Legion's Edge
2 Benalish Marshal
6 Mountain
2 Response // Resurgence
10 Plains
2 Dawn of Hope
3 Forebear's Blade
3 Legion's Landing // Adanto, the First Fort

//sideboard-1
2 Lyra Dawnbringer
2 Bond of Discipline
3 Sigiled Sword of Valeron
1 Response // Resurgence
2 Finale of Glory
3 Conclave Tribunal
2 Tilonalli's Summoner

Almost wondering if I switch out Jousting Lance for Blackblade here.

Inferno390 GTKAS

Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7619 (isolation #33) » Sat May 18, 2019 11:40 am

Post by Inferno390 »

Next iteration:
Spoiler: Getting tired of typing that name
//deck-1
3 Clifftop Retreat
3 Dauntless Bodyguard
3 Dire Fleet Daredevil
4 History of Benalia
2 Knight of Grace
4 Kwende, Pride of Femeref
3 Law-Rune Enforcer
3 Legion's Landing // Adanto, the First Fort
3 Lightning Strike
8 Mountain
3 Nahiri, Storm of Stone
8 Plains
2 Response // Resurgence
3 Sacred Foundry
3 Shock
3 Tajic, Legion's Edge
2 Truefire Captain

//sideboard-1
2 Bond of Discipline
3 Conclave Tribunal
2 Finale of Glory
2 Lyra Dawnbringer
2 Blackblade Reforged
1 Response // Resurgence
3 Sigiled Sword of Valeron

Inferno390 GTKAS

Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7621 (isolation #34) » Sun May 19, 2019 3:38 pm

Post by Inferno390 »

GUYS
THERE’S A SQUIRREL LORD IN MODERN HORIZONS

Inferno390 GTKAS

Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7627 (isolation #35) » Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:48 am

Post by Inferno390 »

Some of these cards look really dope

Inferno390 GTKAS

Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7629 (isolation #36) » Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:40 am

Post by Inferno390 »

Fair

Inferno390 GTKAS

Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7631 (isolation #37) » Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:01 am

Post by Inferno390 »

So
What are the competitive Standard decks rn?

Inferno390 GTKAS

Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7633 (isolation #38) » Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:05 am

Post by Inferno390 »

Now I’m really curious as to where my deck lies in all that.

Inferno390 GTKAS

Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7638 (isolation #39) » Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:45 am

Post by Inferno390 »

Hm
If I was to play black white kwende where would I begin?
Probably with the Knights from Dominaria, Kwende, history, and Landing
Maybe a vampire/knight tribal?
Gonna get back to y’all on that

Inferno390 GTKAS

Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7640 (isolation #40) » Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:34 am

Post by Inferno390 »

That’s a good idea
Dauntless is also a Knight which is good
And Avrad, Danitha, and Ariel are Knights too
So now I just need a way to spread around some first strike

Inferno390 GTKAS

Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7641 (isolation #41) » Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:56 am

Post by Inferno390 »

Okay here's what I've got so far:

//deck-1
3 Kwende, Pride of Femeref
2 Nahiri, Storm of Stone
3 Benalish Honor Guard
3 Godless Shrine
4 Legion's Landing // Adanto, the First Fort
4 Isolated Chapel
4 History of Benalia
8 Plains
2 Jousting Lance
5 Swamp
3 Dauntless Bodyguard
4 Unclaimed Territory
3 Knight of Malice
3 Aryel, Knight of Windgrace
2 Danitha Capashen, Paragon
3 Sorin,Vengeful Bloodlord
4 Knight of Grace

//sideboard-1
3 Lyra Dawnbringer
2 Axis of Mortality
2 Arguel's Blood Fast // Temple of Aclazotz
2 Legion Lieutenant
3 Aid the Fallen
3 Elenda, the Dusk Rose

I know this need a lot of work, but it's a start

Inferno390 GTKAS

Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7643 (isolation #42) » Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:22 am

Post by Inferno390 »

Version 2:
//deck-1
3 Nahiri, Storm of Stone
3 Law-Rune Enforcer
4 Godless Shrine
4 Isolated Chapel
2 Seal Away
3 History of Benalia
11 Plains
3 Dauntless Bodyguard
2 Citywide Bust
4 Unclaimed Territory
3 Knight of Malice
1 Swamp
4 Knight of Grace

//sideboard-1
3 Lyra Dawnbringer
2 Seal Away
2 Arguel's Blood Fast // Temple of Aclazotz
2 Knight of the Last Breath
3 Aid the Fallen
3 Elenda, the Dusk Rose

Inferno390 GTKAS

Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7645 (isolation #43) » Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:19 pm

Post by Inferno390 »

Tocalti Honor Gaurd?
Sure, I run that

Oath of Kaya x3
Tocalti Honor Gaurd x2
Settle the Wreckage x2
Snubhorn Sentry x2
Ixalan’s Binding x3
Conclave Tribunal x3

Inferno390 GTKAS

Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7646 (isolation #44) » Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:20 pm

Post by Inferno390 »

Maybe something other than Conclave, O just figured it would be good removal in a matchup like Gruul.

Inferno390 GTKAS

Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7647 (isolation #45) » Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:22 pm

Post by Inferno390 »

In other news, I am home brewing a set.
Once it’s done maybe I’ll share the card text so y’all can mess with it

Inferno390 GTKAS

Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7650 (isolation #46) » Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:12 pm

Post by Inferno390 »

Board wipes:
Finale of Eternity balances flexibility with specific targets.
Kaya’s Wrath wipes both sides of the board but gains me life.
Problem with both of these is that they are double black. Not great.
Then there’s Ritual of Soot, Cleansing Nova, and Cry of the Carnarium that might be playable.
None of which I think do what I need them too.

Inferno390 GTKAS

Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7653 (isolation #47) » Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:51 pm

Post by Inferno390 »

Fair
So what should my removal look like?
Seal Away, Ixalan’s Binding, Conclave Tribunal?
I think one more is needed here, I just don’t know what.

Inferno390 GTKAS

Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7656 (isolation #48) » Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:10 am

Post by Inferno390 »

//deck-1
3 Nahiri, Storm of Stone
3 Law-Rune Enforcer
4 Godless Shrine
4 Isolated Chapel
2 Seal Away
3 History of Benalia
11 Plains
3 Dauntless Bodyguard
4 Unclaimed Territory
3 Knight of Malice
2 Bond of Discipline
1 Swamp
4 Knight of Grace

//sideboard-1
2 Citywide Bust
3 Oath of Kaya
3 Ixalan's Binding
3 Conclave Tribunal
2 Tocatli Honor Guard
2 Seal Away

How's this?

Inferno390 GTKAS

Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7657 (isolation #49) » Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:53 am

Post by Inferno390 »

Just play tested it against a black-green Bolas Citadel Deck
Dang this is pretty good

Inferno390 GTKAS

Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7665 (isolation #50) » Sat Jun 22, 2019 5:02 pm

Post by Inferno390 »

So the million dollar question is
What are the Leylines back in Standard going to do?

Inferno390 GTKAS

Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7667 (isolation #51) » Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:27 am

Post by Inferno390 »

But for Standard

Inferno390 GTKAS

Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7670 (isolation #52) » Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:27 am

Post by Inferno390 »

I get the feel that Leyline of Sanctity is going to have a huge impact on Standard. It’s basically going to nerf Mono-Red in any sort of best of three format, which is kind of scary.
Leyline of Anticipation I can see getting a home in Nexus decks. And Leyline of Abundance will find a home in most green ramping decks.
The other two I’m not sure about. I don’t think Leyline of the Void is going to have much impact on Standard. Leyline of Combustion might find a home in Red to punish Esper, but I don’t see anyone making space for it.

Inferno390 GTKAS

Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7673 (isolation #53) » Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:08 pm

Post by Inferno390 »

First off, Risk Factor still doesn’t work because it targets.
And though I can see where you’re coming from, how is a red deck supposed to function with all of it’s direct damage spells are effectively turned off? Against a control matchup like Esper, can Mono-Red get the critical mass and advantage without any burn?

Inferno390 GTKAS

Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7678 (isolation #54) » Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:04 pm

Post by Inferno390 »

I just got into Magic Arena.
First pack I cracked was Kefnet. :D

Inferno390 GTKAS

Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7682 (isolation #55) » Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:05 am

Post by Inferno390 »

Boring?
I think this is the most pumped I’ve been for a set all year!

Inferno390 GTKAS

Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7684 (isolation #56) » Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:25 am

Post by Inferno390 »

Alright
I have a challenge for all you brewers out there.

So I’ve been cracking packs on MTGA and trying to work out some spicy brews that could be somewhat competitive. Nothing that will compete with the Tier one Standard decks, but something that is both really fun to play and could net me a fair amount of wins before the season is over and rotation hits.
And I’m really getting into This Red-White Krenko deck. Basically, play creatures, pump them with Enchantments and Spells, and swing. The star of course is Krenko, who can churn out Goblins like crazy with this strategy. It’s really fun to play and I’m getting a few wins here and there in the lowest rank of Constructed.
My question is, how far can we push this deck?
So my challenge to you is to brew with Krenko, see what you come up with, and share. I don’t care if it’s red-white. I just want to see where this card can go.

Here’s some notes on what I’ve found so far:
-Sure Strike is really good for protecting Krenko on the attack.
-Tenth District Legionnaire is a great alt win condition for the deck.
-Inspiring Commander is a huge combo with this deck as it allows you to draw cards and gain life off of every Krenko attack.

Inferno390 GTKAS

Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7688 (isolation #57) » Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:13 pm

Post by Inferno390 »

I would almost consider switching some amount of the Defiant Strikes for Sure Strikes. I think the First Strike is pretty key and gets more value for Krenko for just the one mana. Maybe 3 Sure to 2 Defiant?
Run one more Samut’s Sprint and one less Reckless Rage?
Definitely switch to the 4 Krenko’s for this build.
I’m not sure I like Aurelia or Warboss for what I’m trying to do here. It’s definitely not supposed to be “Aggro out the opponent with huge attacks” as much as a Red-White Krenko tokens strategy. I think you run another Feather for 3 and then some sort or removal? Lightning Strike perhaps?
I also think you run one or two less Arcanist in this build just because it’s not as Feather-centric. The card is great and combos with Feather, but agains, it’s not what a I think I want the deck to be doing. I think you cut one for Response//Resurgence and then maybe slot another one in the sideboard for that other Warboss.
Not quite sure what to do with the side board yet. And I’m not totally sold on these changes either, so we’ll have to see where it goes. It does leave some interesting brewing potential though that I want to start exploring.

Inferno390 GTKAS

Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7691 (isolation #58) » Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:14 am

Post by Inferno390 »

Well guys, I’m at the prerealease and jamming with 2 mythic planeswalkers!

Inferno390 GTKAS

Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7692 (isolation #59) » Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:21 am

Post by Inferno390 »

Well guys, I went 3-2, won 4 packs, and got a bunch of fun cards to mess with (including all three Chandras!).

Inferno390 GTKAS

Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7698 (isolation #60) » Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:07 am

Post by Inferno390 »

This deck has managed to take me all the way to silver rank 2! Thoughts on changes?

Inferno390 GTKAS

Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7702 (isolation #61) » Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:41 am

Post by Inferno390 »

I like radical idea because it plays with Kefnet really nicely, but Opt is definitely better. I have been thinking I need some counterspells.
I'll start cracking some M19 packs to get the cards I need.

Inferno390 GTKAS

Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7703 (isolation #62) » Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:43 am

Post by Inferno390 »

In post 7701, popsofctown wrote:I wonder if basing UR around Uncaged Fury could be good. Could get some oops-I-wins.
This could be a fun addition to my deck
I was also thinking I could slot a repeated reverbrations or two in there, because it goes nuts with Ral and my deck is already pretty grindy. Don't know whatto cut for it tho.

Inferno390 GTKAS

Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7705 (isolation #63) » Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:11 am

Post by Inferno390 »

Eh I could but I think I’m winning plenty without the combo
Also I’ve already had one game where I screwed up the combo because Arena can’t handle infinites apparently
But I might make a version of the deck that pushes for that

Inferno390 GTKAS

Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7713 (isolation #64) » Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:35 pm

Post by Inferno390 »

Well I made it all the way to Silver 1 with my Red-Blue deck.
Still hunting for Enigma Drakes to finish up the build though.

Inferno390 GTKAS

Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7715 (isolation #65) » Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:54 pm

Post by Inferno390 »

I don’t have an original of the card itself.

Inferno390 GTKAS

Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7717 (isolation #66) » Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:53 am

Post by Inferno390 »

Oh I did not know that.
Well Ixwas ctacking M19 packs for no reason.

Inferno390 GTKAS

Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7719 (isolation #67) » Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:19 am

Post by Inferno390 »

Guys
I made it to gold rank 4

Inferno390 GTKAS

Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7720 (isolation #68) » Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:57 am

Post by Inferno390 »

Last night I had this horrible dream where all the key pieces for Mono-Red stayed in Standard after rotation
It was awful

Inferno390 GTKAS

Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7738 (isolation #69) » Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:46 pm

Post by Inferno390 »

I whipped this together today after feeling a little pissed at all the janky crap in silver tier rn
And oh baby does this overperform

Have had a few not great games that I lost, but for the most part it just straight up wins against just about jank crap I've seen
It needs a better land count, but other than that I'm really happy with the deck.

Inferno390 GTKAS

Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7757 (isolation #70) » Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:42 am

Post by Inferno390 »

This could very well be the set that makes me go big in commander

Several of the cards already look good for my Muldrotha deck
And thanks to Dominaria and Guilds, I can probably whip out a dank Knight Tribal deck

Inferno390 GTKAS

Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7763 (isolation #71) » Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:24 am

Post by Inferno390 »

Food tokens could be good ways for control deck to close out games too

Inferno390 GTKAS

Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7775 (isolation #72) » Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:35 am

Post by Inferno390 »

Here's my current decklist for post rotation. Not liking my chances with the new tribal nerf coming out, but we'll see what it can do.
I'm leaving in the blue, despite your concerns. Why, you may ask? Because the deck is actually pretty consistent and can go to 5 and still win without much trouble. Honestly Risen Reef is one of the win conditions of this deck because it generates so much value so quickly with the other cards in here. And once I hit two I can quickly end the game from there. On top of that Thunderkin Awakener can revive them, which opens up some really cool possibilities, meaning it doesn't hurt me as much if I lose one or two early on to removal.

Honestly Awakener is just disgusting in this deck. Between the combos with Scampering Scorcher and Risen Reef and how busted it can get with Omnath in play, It has the potential to generate a ton of value late game.

Example: Risen Reefs and Thunderkin Awakener, Omnath in graveyard and in hand. Cast Omnath, punch biggest creature, get two lands in play, Pump Awakener twice, combat, bring in Dead Omnath and sac him to Legendary rule, but not before getting two more Risen Reef triggers and punching something else in the face.
And that's just one example of this deck popping off.

Inferno390 GTKAS

Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7781 (isolation #73) » Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:54 am

Post by Inferno390 »

What about white green?

Inferno390 GTKAS

Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7786 (isolation #74) » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:36 am

Post by Inferno390 »

I wonder if I could get away with field of dead in my temur deck
It’s a bit of a nonbo with Chandra, but I think the value could be worth it

Inferno390 GTKAS

Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7787 (isolation #75) » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:41 am

Post by Inferno390 »

Actually what do you guys think of my current deck list in general? I’m still looking to fine tune a little bit. I think shock is kind of weak in the deck among other things.

Inferno390 GTKAS

Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7789 (isolation #76) » Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:46 am

Post by Inferno390 »

That might be pretty good

I've been playing this deck a lot recently. I just finished a game where I cast Thunderkin Awakener with one Omnath and 4 Reefs (and a few other bodies) on the battlefield, put 3 counters on the Awakener, cast a second Omnath from my hand and immediately saced it for a slap in the face for 9, pumped my Awakener even bigger, went to combat and brought back Omnath and saced him for another 9. On top of which I had 9 Zombies sitting back as blocks thanks to double Field of Dead

Notes:
Wtf is Field of Dead in this deck. It actually plays really well because the games where I'm winning off of Field I never need Chandra, and the games where I win of Chandra I'm playing her so early it's not really affecting my boardstate.
Actually wtf is this deck in general. There are so many angles once the synergies go off that I've basically won if I can get 2 of any combination of Rare/Mythic Chandras, Scorcher, Risen Reef, Overgrown, and Thunderkin Awakener in play. The value I end up creating is just so disgusting.

Inferno390 GTKAS

Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7790 (isolation #77) » Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:12 am

Post by Inferno390 »

In other news, I will be getting my hands on quite a few cards for my Multhy commander I’m thinking

Inferno390 GTKAS

Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7795 (isolation #78) » Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:50 am

Post by Inferno390 »

I personally really like the four Scorchers, but I think your deck is much more tempo whereas mine is a sort of aggrieved-tempo, which could have a huge impact on how you use the cards.

If you really want to take full advantage of Risen Reef in this deck, I highly recommend working your mana base around field of dead. Maybe cutting Thorns for it as well? It feels like you’re really stretching your mana base for three green especially in a three color deck.
I’ve also found you can get away with two copies of each dual land and the deck is fine. It’s not always totally consistent, but if you open with blue mana in hand and a way to get risen reef out, you’re almost guaranteed to fix your mana pool from there.

Inferno390 GTKAS

Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7796 (isolation #79) » Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:53 am

Post by Inferno390 »

I’ve also been fine tuning the deck a little it so it is of note that I am playing something slightly different now. I’ll post it later.

Inferno390 GTKAS

Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7799 (isolation #80) » Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:46 am

Post by Inferno390 »

I don’t understand why there isn’t a rule where if you have two functionally identical cards in everything except name, you can’t substitute them in rotating formats.

Inferno390 GTKAS

Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7801 (isolation #81) » Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:22 pm

Post by Inferno390 »

But I want to spend my money on actually new cards

Not fake reprints of old cards

Inferno390 GTKAS

Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7804 (isolation #82) » Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:31 pm

Post by Inferno390 »

That's why I said substitute, not also use

For example, you could have Tormenting Voice act like whatever the Tormenting Voice clone they just printed is, in name and otherwise.

It seems really silly that they print a functionally identical card to a card they just printed because of flavor, and then people who want to use that card have to go out of their way to buy more copies of that card when they already own a card that does exactly the same thing.

They could just have a rule that just allows you to treat the older cards as if they were the exact same as the new cards, name and all.

Inferno390 GTKAS

Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7810 (isolation #83) » Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:30 pm

Post by Inferno390 »

See I didn’t get into standard until a couple of years after I started playing, and that was mostly just because I was cracking booster boxes that were in standard.

I would argue that it’s far from necessary to start with Standard and would even recommend not doing so in paper magic. Instead, i would highly recommend going to the Throne of Eldraine prerelease that’s coming up (1 week EEEEEEEEE). You get 6 boosters a promo and a bunch of other cool stuff for only 25 dollars, and then you get to play (potentially for even more packs). This will help you crack into Standard and get a feel for the game without committing nearly as much money, and you will definitely meet quite a few people.

From there you can find people who play “tabletop Magic,” which is code for casual magic without rotation and such. Be careful you actually find people who are playing casually. Pick up tips from them. You can borrow a deck until you have your own built.

Inferno390 GTKAS

Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7816 (isolation #84) » Wed Sep 25, 2019 6:00 am

Post by Inferno390 »

Guys this set enables a new modern infinite combo
Someone start putting together a shell

Inferno390 GTKAS

Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7818 (isolation #85) » Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:07 am

Post by Inferno390 »

It's Cauldron Familiar, Witch's Oven, Glare of Subdual

Three colored and kind of janky, but the costs are all low enough that I could see a way to get it our pretty quick and just go off from there

Inferno390 GTKAS

Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7820 (isolation #86) » Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:29 am

Post by Inferno390 »

Oh I misread the card
Surely there's a card somewhere that allows you to tap a creature to untap an artifact

Inferno390 GTKAS

Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7821 (isolation #87) » Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:31 am

Post by Inferno390 »

There's not
Strange

Inferno390 GTKAS

Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7851 (isolation #88) » Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:26 am

Post by Inferno390 »

I hear Agent of Treachery is very good at stealing Field of the Dead

See what I think is going to crack the code is some sort of hyper Aggro deck who’s individual pieces aren’t that strong, but together can pressure from a lot of different angles all at once. The average CMC should probably work out to 2.5. The deck should feature a decent of board removal to turn off field of dead, as well as spot removal to kill big threats. Maybe Black-Red?

Inferno390 GTKAS

Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7862 (isolation #89) » Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:36 am

Post by Inferno390 »

I don't play modern
But I did break platinum in MTGA today
Apparently Temur Elementals still hauls ass against the tempo decks right now
Just enough aggro to burn em out, just enough control to keep their board free of threats
And then there are the games where the aggro is the control, which is really awesome

Inferno390 GTKAS

Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7870 (isolation #90) » Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:11 am

Post by Inferno390 »

It does :)

Inferno390 GTKAS

Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7888 (isolation #91) » Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:59 am

Post by Inferno390 »

In post 7887, InflatablePie wrote:and there's the Field ban

Thank god

Inferno390 GTKAS

Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7926 (isolation #92) » Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:20 am

Post by Inferno390 »

Here’s a funny thought
Why the heck is no one playing Lavinia in Standard right now?

Inferno390 GTKAS

Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7931 (isolation #93) » Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:15 pm

Post by Inferno390 »

So here's something I've been shitting around with for the last few minutes:
Pioneer.

Sultai Elementals.
This is what I've thrown together so far:

4 Breeding Pool
2 Cavalier of Gales
2 Clash of Wills
3 Cloudkin Seer
3 Disappearing Act
1 Drowned Catacomb
2 Essence Scatter
4 Field of the Dead
2 Forest
3 Healer of the Glade
3 Hinterland Harbor
2 Island
2 Nissa, Vastwood Seer // Nissa, Sage Animist
3 Oko, Thief of Crowns
4 Once Upon a Time
2 Overgrown Tomb
4 Risen Reef
3 Temple of Mystery
3 Undergrowth Champion
2 Watery Grave
1 Woodland Cemetery
3 Yarok, the Desecrated

Think think this really has some potential. Especially since my first playtest involved me slapping slapping down vastwood seer followed by a Risen reef with Yarok in play, finding two green lands, then trigger off of Risen found field of the dead, then Sage Animist trigger for another land. The amount of value possible is absurd. It could probably just use some fine tuning.

Inferno390 GTKAS

Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7934 (isolation #94) » Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:56 am

Post by Inferno390 »

Oh my god Auras and “Formidable” AND “Heroic” AND this new ability called Escape?

What is this set?

Inferno390 GTKAS

Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7952 (isolation #95) » Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:30 am

Post by Inferno390 »

Fucking finally

I might be able to play Arena again

Inferno390 GTKAS

Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7959 (isolation #96) » Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:30 pm

Post by Inferno390 »

I can finally play Temur Elementals again, I'm so happy

Inferno390 GTKAS

Return to “The Arcade”