mini 2051: tree's dump blitz - game over !!!

Omniste
Omniste
Townie
Omniste
Townie
Townie

Post Post #288 (isolation #0) » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:41 pm

Post by Omniste »

So that was a thing that happened.
Omniste
Omniste
Townie
Omniste
Townie
Townie

Post Post #295 (isolation #1) » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:47 pm

Post by Omniste »

In post 283, schadd_ wrote:i'm going to call this a scum win.
xyzzy
was hammered, however this happened a little while after the deadline i had imposed (about 9 hours) due to munchmellow being unexpectedly busy when it elapsed. i think this is definitely a grey area - it is almost undeniable that xyzzy would have been hammered if not for some random life event and i could have chosen to extend the deadline for main thread inactivity or something (i had given an extension for child's replacement) so if you have e.g. a win/loss record you Have My Permission not to count this

that said, i think that planning around the deadline and maintaining activity, especially in a blitz game, are worth considering as valid factors contributing to the outcome of the game. i think the jury played well and effortfully, evident in the fact that they essentially had the game solved, but were relatively weak in terms of consistency with deadlines and making use of the fact that deadline time rolls over - all lynches occurred within hours of their respective deadlines - and the fact that they had more or less decided on the lynch about a day in advance of deadline but collectively did not act until the evening leading up to it, could be compared to, for example, a strategical error in the usage of a power role.

i think the setup was rather imperfect, and something that i thought of on a whim (in fact i made a change in balance like as i opened the game because i neglected to do ev calculation). the setup seems to cause low impetus for non-jury town to act since they dont really have their actions visibly rewarded (until the jury message, which is itself in opposition to the setup idea) and in a blitz i think that leads to rather insufficient activity in a lot of playerlists.

anyway, without further ado.

"i think we probably want to have xyzzy taken in, then enter if they're clean."

flicker remained persistent keeping up discussion with omniste and munchmellow. she grew worried that the mortal nature of their work was getting distant - it seemed like she and her companions in the observation room felt too comfortable with the subject matter, which was a frightening development after merely two weeks. each time they input a kill command into the terminal, she forced herself to watch the subject horrifyingly melt into a puddle of baked beans outside under heat from the security-tron; both of her companions declined to do so, and she didn't feel compelled to sway them.

"that should do it, yeah," omniste replied, looking up at flicker from the chart he had spent the evening drawing. "if we're wrong at least it's, kinda their fault. you know."

flicker didn't respond. she looked over at munchmellow, resting on the brown leather couch. she was nodding, though she hadn't opened her eyes to do so.

==

the campsite was quiet. several of the subjects were huddled together playing smash ultimate with the sound off. xyzzy sat with their hands together in their lap, staring blankly at the bonfire. taly lay on his side listening to music.

the bonfire slowly dies out. only one of them notices, and begins to smile.

taly quietly begins to sing along as his song reaches the bridge.

"well those great whites, they have big teeth - hope they . . "

he turns around to see if anybody noticed him. the bench in front of the wii u is empty, and he starts to notice a slender, dark red figure capped by two glowing green eyes and a rather large mouth, huge teeth dripping bean juice.

==

a loud thud is heard against the locked metal doors sealing in the jury members.

"huh? i thought nobody knew where" [a second thud] "this was.." omniste says.

a third thud. the door begins to deflect slightly. the room heats up slightly.

"guys. . " munchmellow sits up on the couch. "what time is it?"

enter, taly, tonymontana, and trekkie99, as
townies
, have been endgamed.

the jury
are endgamed.

xyzzy, a
mafia goon
, survives and wins; northsidegal wins posthumously.

thanks for playing; thank you again to the prompt replacements.
I agree regarding the deadline thing. I think at the very least, we should’ve had each player vote someone at the beginning of the day so we could consolidate in case of worst case scenarios. (Or at least Munch since she was pretty clearly busy at deadline.)
Omniste
Omniste
Townie
Omniste
Townie
Townie

Post Post #296 (isolation #2) » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:48 pm

Post by Omniste »

oh whoops didn’t mean to quote that whole thing.
Omniste
Omniste
Townie
Omniste
Townie
Townie

Post Post #297 (isolation #3) » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:48 pm

Post by Omniste »

also i give my permission for the jury thread. no problems there.
Omniste
Omniste
Townie
Omniste
Townie
Townie

Post Post #299 (isolation #4) » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:02 pm

Post by Omniste »

Subject: mini 2051: the man who controls the cubes (OVER)
schadd_ wrote:omniste is definitely not an alt or anything and is a real new user that just happened to register a while ago
I figured this would probably be something someone thought sooner or later. I may or may not have underplayed how many games on ms I’ve
read
(because yeah, tbat was definitely a thing I did), but I’ve never actually played here. I suppose I could pm you the forum I played on and how the join dates roughly corresponds with when I stopped playing mafia.

Also, uh, congrats to xyzzy I guess? Apologies to the people in the game thread, especially Enter and Taly. Sorry about lynching you, apthet.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”