pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox
Pronoun: he/it

Post Post #1025 (ISO) » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:53 pm

Post by schadd_ »

Vote count 5.2

not voting (5):
mastina, Nikk, Egix96, xwing, Lapsa

with 5 alive, it takes 3 to lynch. day 5 ends january 18th (2019) at 12:20 central US time; in (expired on 2019-01-18 12:20:00)

mod notes
  • howty !
[/area]
free darius mccollum
todays featured user: shaft.ed

mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1026 (ISO) » Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:44 am

Post by mastina »

In post 1020, Nikk wrote:I've been spinning am x and e team for a bit but it's mostly gut. Too late in the game for that.
1016 ses lie townie reasoning
...And now, Nikk is changing his suspicion off of my posts, too. :facepalm:

YOU'RE NOT MAKING MY JOB ANY EASIER HERE
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1027 (ISO) » Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:48 am

Post by mastina »

I will say that does look good from Lapsa--pretty much most of it, in fact.

Lapsa's showing what is pretty clearly original thoughts--not thoughts influenced by me, not thoughts influenced by group consensus, but thoughts which actually fly in the face of said consensus and go largely against me.

And is the only player to have done so.

Granted, I can't quite tell if xwing's/Egix's/Nikk's ORIGINAL suspicions were original thoughts, not until I've read the game (going to today), but their current suspicions are most definitively not.
Nikk
Nikk
Goon
Nikk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1028 (ISO) » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:07 am

Post by Nikk »

In post 1026, mastina wrote:
In post 1020, Nikk wrote:I've been spinning am x and e team for a bit but it's mostly gut. Too late in the game for that.
1016 ses lie townie reasoning
...And now, Nikk is changing his suspicion off of my posts, too. :facepalm:

YOU'RE NOT MAKING MY JOB ANY EASIER HERE
I've yet to do a deep dive to give fully original thoughts so a lot of today's stuff has been reactionary. I am hoping to do that tonight
Nikk
Nikk
Goon
Nikk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1029 (ISO) » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:08 am

Post by Nikk »

Also my lapsa read has not been influenced at all by anyone but lapsa. Sorry.
Nikk
Nikk
Goon
Nikk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1030 (ISO) » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:29 pm

Post by Nikk »

Spoiler:
In post 62, xwing wrote:
In post 50, Nikk wrote:
In post 49, Trivium wrote:It's just a thing people are doing to get talking to happen.
People are just acting outside of the interest of the town (quick wagon, naked votes) to stir up conversation? To x's credit they did jump right in and ask good questions.

VOTE: Flubbernugget
what do you think of goldenparadox slot? can we use GP? but i dunno, typing "paradox" feels good lol :P
why is a quick wagon/naked vote during RVS outside the interest of town?
how do you propose to hunt scum?
In post 51, Nikk wrote:Voting flub for bandwagon vote with no substance
slightly pinged by the wording used, similar wording and reason used by golden..
In post 488, xwing wrote:
In post 175, schadd_ wrote:
Vote count 1.2

TheGoldenParadox (4):
Trivium, LolWagons, Egix96, xwing
xwing (4):
TheGoldenParadox, Lapsa, Flubbernugget, profii
Lapsa (2):
Robert2424, Nikk
Wagonomics (1):
Sashaddin
Robert2424 (1):
Doughboy
Nikk (1):
Wagonomics

not voting (0):

both gp and profii on my wagon..hmmm..

regardless of how gp flips, i think we need to take a look at profii, not feeling comfy with this slot..
see my post , middle part talks about profii

i think just blindly voting someone OUTSIDE of rvs based on OLD information is very, very scummy and i see this as more of a scumslip than gp statement..

btw:
@profii: happy scumday!! :D
In post 504, xwing wrote:
In post 500, Trivium wrote:I don't like that lol's talking about why they might be left alive tonight already, but whatever
i can get why you find this icky, but at this point just put it under "noted" section..lolwagon's too far from the global scummy list..

that said, tgp claim makes me think he might actually really be town..my next scum would be profii too anyway though so should still be fine, i guess..

i was initially skeptical with trivium's intent to hammer, but upon ISO, found him consistent in reading tgp as scummy..so my fears subsided a bit..

i still think db is town, his play is quite similar to when i've played with him..but hope he picks up his activity, he's pretty good at scum hunting (when he doesnt let his emotions get the better of him)..

@lol, interesting take on sasha, can you expand a bit more? still think he's town at this point..
In post 414, xwing wrote:
In post 384, Trivium wrote:I think for xwing it's the question asking. He seems kind of newish in some ways, like he's still getting the hang of mafia, no offense to xwing. I feel like the type of person he is would just be more inclined to ask lots of questions and try to generate conversation as town, he seems to have latched onto that idea and rolled with it. It's that or he's newscum who thinks he can coast by convincing everyone he's town with his questions, but I'm just feeling the former and any further analysis of that just feels like wifom. The VLA is NAI and I'm suspicious of players who tried to say that's AI.
no offense taken, i would say you're fairly accurate.. :)
im trying to make it easier for people to discern my alignment, but seems the method was only half effective lol..
In post 390, Sashaddin wrote:
In post 388, Lapsa wrote:@trivium I find you underwhelming
Something we agree on.
why is trivium underwhelming? have both of you played with trivium before, and got some expectations from that slot?
In post 409, profii wrote:
In post 407, Flubbernugget wrote:
In post 339, profii wrote:I’ll lynch:

Xwing
TGP
Lapsa
Robert

I think
I am curious as to why xwing is still in this list. We were both in agreement that that they were shaking the bush but not really picking up anything that may have dropped. That changed a lot with their catch up.
I haven’t read that to be fair I’ll catch up
i still dont know what to think of profii..his actions are just questionable/scummy to me..in this instance he openly admits to not reading new info but is still content to scum read me..this isnt OMGUS, it's just pinging me..as town would absorb new info and re-adjust reads accordingly..

@flubz what do you think of profii slot?
In post 410, Flubbernugget wrote:VOTE: robert
I am vehemently opposed to the TGP wagon
i think flubber might actually be town..if gp is scum, this kind of statement would put flubber in hot water, so i dont think a scum buddy would do this..doesnt clear gp slot though..

gp, please come in and let us know your thoughts..
In post 352, xwing wrote:
In post 178, Robert2424 wrote:[snip]
Riding in a Xwing sounds fun and all, but I'd rather fly an Awing. *cue star wars music*.
^slight townie points to robert for the star wars reference..
kidding aside, slight town points for wanting to push for his own read instead of sheeping..
In post 178, Robert2424 wrote:
In post 150, TheGoldenParadox wrote:I see where you're coming from, but right now Robert is more "overeager town" than "cunning scum" in my eyes.
[snip]
additional town points for robert since GP (my scumlean) called him an eager townie..
In post 184, Doughboy wrote: You do if you want to know why they voted. You can’t say people refused to provide reasons just because they didn’t give one. Sometimes it’s good to not give a reason. Sometimes people just don’t have the time. Sometimes people do it to get a reaction.

Ask before you say people refused or don’t say they refused.
^db is town..
In post 205, Robert2424 wrote:
In post 184, Doughboy wrote:
In post 178, Robert2424 wrote:I really shouldn't have to ask people, hence my response before
You do if you want to know why they voted. You can’t say people refused to provide reasons just because they didn’t give one. Sometimes it’s good to not give a reason. Sometimes people just don’t have the time. Sometimes people do it to get a reaction.

Ask before you say people refused or don’t say they refused.
If they don't have time, don't post. I only posts when I'm not at work and on my home computer. If they are going for reactions, they are just putting unneeded spotlight on themself. I don't see why you need to defend naked voting so much.
@robert: i'd be careful with your line of reasoning on "post only when you have time" plus "always explain yourself"..did could be used by scum to their advantage to appear townie..
In post 206, LolWagons wrote:
In post 204, Nikk wrote:
In post 202, LolWagons wrote:#113-#118 (they aren't all his, but that window) in his ISO...I mean, that's bad.
I mean 115 literally describes 117 and 118.
Yup.

So don't discount the Lapsa lynch. I have the opposite stance of you. GP barely a better push than Lapsa. Need more from both.
im fine with either gp or lapsa lynch for D1..
let's move this along please..
In post 225, Sashaddin wrote:
In post 210, LolWagons wrote:Well I was hoping no one would specifically point that piece out because if people want to think there's a cop when there's not, that would typically benefit town, but you went and blew it.
Sorry dude. I did not think of the consequences as deep as you did. How does it help town? (Not a trick question, I just want to be educated)
^sasha is town..

A series of posts that make me want to vote x wing. To me they give off a vibe of bussing scum, someone who knows already what Paradox would flip.
Last edited by schadd_ on Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nikk
Nikk
Goon
Nikk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1031 (ISO) » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:29 pm

Post by Nikk »

Crud, that ... did not do what a spoiler tag is supposed to do.

fixed !
Nikk
Nikk
Goon
Nikk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1032 (ISO) » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:42 pm

Post by Nikk »

Thanks schadd_ you the real MVP
Egix96
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1033 (ISO) » Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:50 am

Post by Egix96 »

In post 1030, Nikk wrote:A series of posts that make me want to vote x wing. To me they give off a vibe of bussing scum, someone who knows already what Paradox would flip.
I haven't yet examined everything inside that spoiler box (kinda busy atm) but there are two things I noticed that give me conflicting messages...
In post 504, xwing wrote:
In post 500, Trivium wrote:I don't like that lol's talking about why they might be left alive tonight already, but whatever
i can get why you find this icky, but at this point just put it under "noted" section..lolwagon's too far from the global scummy list..

that said,
tgp claim makes me think he might actually really be town
..my next scum would be profii too anyway though so should still be fine, i guess..

-snip-
The part I've bolded here is a towny response IMO. I'm thinking scum!xwing would have kept pushing TGP if he knew the claim was false.
In post 414, xwing wrote:
-snip-

i think flubber might actually be town..if gp is scum, this kind of statement would put flubber in hot water, so i dont think a scum buddy would do this..doesnt clear gp slot though..

gp, please come in and let us know your thoughts..
This, though, could be interpreted as TMI.
Nikk
Nikk
Goon
Nikk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1034 (ISO) » Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:37 am

Post by Nikk »

I think he waffled between pushing people based on ParadoxFlip and trying to pull a subtle save.
schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox
Pronoun: he/it

Post Post #1035 (ISO) » Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:48 am

Post by schadd_ »

prodding xwing and lapsa
free darius mccollum
todays featured user: shaft.ed

Egix96
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1036 (ISO) » Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:52 am

Post by Egix96 »

In post 1034, Nikk wrote:I think he waffled between pushing people based on ParadoxFlip and trying to pull a subtle save.
Riiiight I getcha.
Problem is, a world where xwing is scum and you are town doesn't really make sense to me, so...
Nikk
Nikk
Goon
Nikk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1037 (ISO) » Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:03 am

Post by Nikk »

In post 1036, Egix96 wrote:
In post 1034, Nikk wrote:I think he waffled between pushing people based on ParadoxFlip and trying to pull a subtle save.
Riiiight I getcha.
Problem is, a world where xwing is scum and you are town doesn't really make sense to me, so...
So you feel xwing can only be scum with me? Or that me and x are 100% linked?
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1038 (ISO) » Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:25 am

Post by mastina »

BTW, just airing more thoughts out at work (phoneposting makes anything beyond that difficult at best), but.
At this stage, believe it or not, I'm actually most suspicious of Egix and Nikk…
…Or rather. More aptly. Egix OR Nikk.

By that, I mean that I am INDIVIDUALLY most suspicious of them above Xwing and Lapsa, but I don't think that they're partnered. Quite the opposite, in fact; I strongly feel one's scum and the other is town. I just can't tell yet which is the town, in spite of both being my largest two suspects.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1039 (ISO) » Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:20 am

Post by mastina »

I'd also like to say, my job's not any easier because everyone is waiting for me to make the first move, for me to cast the first vote.

Which, frankly, is a bit backwards. You don't want the trusted town player voting first; you want the trusted town player voting at least second, preferably even the hammer.

The reason why is self-evident: when the trusted town player casts their vote, that's it. One way or another, day ends.

So you want them to make the absolute most informed decision possible.

And the most informed decision possible is one made AFTER there's one or two votes in play.

For instance, say Xwing voted Nikk.
That may not eliminate them as a scumteam, but it DOES eliminate a Lapsa-Egix team from existing. (Granted, that's already an unlikely team, but this would eliminate it altogether.)

The same applies to anyone else voting anyone.
Xwing voting Egix? No Lapsa-Nikk.
Xwing voting Lapsa? No Egix-Nikk.
Egix voting Nikk? No Lapsa-xwing.
Egix voting Lapsa? No Nikk-xwing.
I may be missing a combo or two, but you get my point.

Waiting for me to cast the first vote means that my final decision is less informed than if I'm not the first vote.

Granted, no rush; take your time. If YOU aren't ready to vote, that's fine. If you want to hash things out with me before voting, also good! No harm done.

Just, I shouldn't be expected to get things right if I'm making the first move, especially with how much my reads are in flux.
Nikk
Nikk
Goon
Nikk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1040 (ISO) » Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:29 am

Post by Nikk »

Seeing how much my reads are moving by rereading and how much time we have I'm holding off on my vote.
xwing
xwing
Goon
xwing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1041 (ISO) » Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:31 am

Post by xwing »

In post 1039, mastina wrote:Which, frankly, is a bit backwards. You don't want the trusted town player voting first; you want the trusted town player voting at least second, preferably even the hammer.
okay, sure..i've been holding back on my vote simply for others to post more, but im ready..
my scum team is lapsa-nikk..
i think the level of paranoia egix is displaying echoes mine more closely, compared to nikk who's i feel is just finding ways to discredit me..
lapsa..i wasnt really moved/convinced by his post..
mastina's post on the change of stance eased my paranoia of scum!egix, though at this point i can say im still not dead set sure on who the scum team is..
my gripe with lapsa slot is all 3 of us were willing to vote there, soooooo either bus or he's town..
time to gamble..

VOTE: lapsa
xwing
xwing
Goon
xwing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1042 (ISO) » Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:36 am

Post by xwing »

if the scum team wins, im willing to take a loss, they played well and got lucky(?) on the NKs, and town played not so optimally either..especially the speed lynches and soft guilties..
need one scum between egix-nikk..
xwing
xwing
Goon
xwing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1043 (ISO) » Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:06 am

Post by xwing »

@mastina, lapsa's POV is different from egix and i simply coz he does not treat you as conf!town..
i trust my read based on db slot, no one else has this read so that should be original..

the only saving grace why i think lapsa MIGHT be town is because all 3 of us are willing to vote for him as the scummiest, so if it's a mislynch, egix-nikk is the scum team..but im more inclined to feel one of egix-nikk is bussing..might not be optimal for scum to bus as you said, but right now the wifom is too great so you cant really bank on that..also you dont have a strong read on any of us, so they can bus and still win the next day..

i'm not sure what to think of egix..his long re-read all points to xwing-mastina as town (or at least those slots "look good" based on his words, though i took it to mean we're town..so correct me if im wrong), so i dunno why he's waffling on my slot..if egix is scum, why would he try to clear someone as town? i know i'm town, so if he's gonna go for the next day on me, that would be odd? i mean what will his end game strategy be? (i dont think i will be the NK)

nikk for me hasn't done anything much AI for me..im only banking on lolwagon's word..his waffling on my slot seems icky for me, since he hasnt previously suspected my slot at all ever since the game started..
compared to both egix/lapsa who both at least suspected me at least once..

tbf, im waffling on my reads coz the 3 of them werent strong reads based on my own judgment..
like for nikk i was banking on lolwagons..and my strong town read on lolwagons was my own, so im putting weight on lolwagons' read..but im also counting on my db read, so one of us was mistaken..
for lapsa, i noted on his vote on another person while pushing a lynch on the other, plus robert's push on lapsa..
for egix, i initially felt he was just popping in and out, but his re-read and conclusion makes me feel like he's town..

even on reread, im still like @_@
Lapsa
Lapsa
Mafia Scum
Lapsa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1044 (ISO) » Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:23 am

Post by Lapsa »

UNVOTE:
abcedminded
Lapsa
Lapsa
Mafia Scum
Lapsa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1045 (ISO) » Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:27 am

Post by Lapsa »

quick guess - it's double x
abcedminded
Nikk
Nikk
Goon
Nikk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1046 (ISO) » Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:42 am

Post by Nikk »

In post 1045, Lapsa wrote:quick guess - it's double x
/nod
Nikk
Nikk
Goon
Nikk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1047 (ISO) » Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:44 am

Post by Nikk »

VOTE: xwing

For the reasons listed above, this is where I'm going to go today. I feel it's x.
Lapsa
Lapsa
Mafia Scum
Lapsa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1048 (ISO) » Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:47 am

Post by Lapsa »

level of paranoia

abcedminded
xwing
xwing