rite (Innocent Texan with Shotgun) - killed night 2
rolandofthewhite (Innocent Texan with Shotgun) - killed night 2
Save the Dragons (Innocent Texan with Shotgun) - killed night 2
silgado106 (Innocent Texan with Shotgun) - killed night 2
spork76 (Innocent Texan with Shotgun) - killed night 2
Talitha (Innocent Texan with Shotgun) - killed night 2
Tigris (Murderous Yocum) - killed night 2
Kerplunk (Murderous Yocum) - lynched day 2

When word of an underground criminal organization gets out in the podunk town of Bucksnort, Texas, the townsfolk decide to take matters into their own hands. The noose is tied, the shotguns are loaded, but one question remains unanswered: Who are the Mafia?

Setup:

4 Mafia:

You are the Murderous Yocum Gang (Mafia). Each night you may choose one person to kill. Your kills will be indistinguishable from vigilante kills.

16 One-shot Vigilantes:

You are a one shot vigilante. Once during the game, you may choose to kill someone. If you decide to kill at night, please send your choice ASAP.

Standard Rules:

1. The moderator's ruling is final. If you think that a decision is unfair, feel free to post why you think so after the game is over. Moderators can always use constructive criticism. Do not, however, be nasty about it.
2. Do not post anything game-related at night. Most moderators will close the threads at night, but it is still your responsibility to check that it is daytime before you post. (note: Only an issue in twilight, as I will be locking threads. See below.)
3. Do not post anything game-related (even "I suspect him!") once you are dead. In particular, if day has just started, make sure that you haven't died before revealing information you just received at night.
4. Votes should look like:
Vote: Player
. Some moderators will not count a vote unless it is in this format. (note: Unvotes for switches are not necessary, but include them if you like.)
5. Never show emails or PMs from the moderator to anyone in the game. Quoting your PM to prove your innocence is strictly forbidden. (note: Not relevant, the PMs are quoted above.)
6. Do not discuss the game with other players outside of the thread unless you are part of the group, and only do that at night.
7. Do not sign up for a game under two different names. You will get caught, and possibly banned if I am feeling mean. (Ok, probably not, but moderators are unlikely to let you play.)
8. Lynching requires a >50% majority. If a deadline is required (see 9), the player with the most votes will be lynches as long as they have >1/3 of the population voting for them. If there is a tie, then:
a. If it is a 50-50 split, both will be lynched.
b. If there are players not voting for one of the two, day will continue until someone unvotes, switches, or adds a vote to one of the two.
9. Deadlines will only be used if the post rate drops below a 1 post per player for day average. For the purposes of this rules, consecutive posts by the same player will be counted as one post. Deadlines will last 48 hours, not counting Sundays, and will be very strict since there will be no role claiming or cop/etc. information revealed.
10. As soon as someone reaches a majority, or the deadline is reached, day is over. Try to remember to check the thread before you post if it is near a majority/deadline.
11. Night deadlines will last a minimum of 48 hours and a maximum of 72 hours, not counting Sundays. As soon as I have the Mafia choice after the minimum, I will post the scene and day will start. Therefore, if you want to use your vigilante kill, send it ASAP.

(note: This series of games will be mirrored on the GL (assuming I can get 20 to sign up over there ;)). If you sign up there, don't sign up here, and vice versa. Since it's possible that an interesting strategy might come up in any of the games, I would prefer you did not read the other game until yours is completed, but that is, of course, unenforcable.)
Last edited by mith on Mon Oct 11, 2004 11:04 pm, edited 6 times in total.
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2004 11:33 pm

Post by mith »

I made a mistake on the deadline. The deadline is tomorrow, not today.

I have not received confirmations from:

mathcam

Though I believe all of them have read the PM.
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2004 9:37 am

Post by mith »

A farm near Bucksnort. Quailman sits on his porch with a shotgun in one hand and binoculars in the other. He has fallen asleep watching a bird perched on top of his apparently useless scarecrow.

A noise wakes him. It's night, and as his eyes adjust he seems to see a group approaching. He rubs his eyes and starts to get up, but before he can, one of the group speaks.

"You that there bird watchin' fellar?"

Quailman, bewildered, nods.

"Got sumthin' 'ere for ya."

Quailman leans forward to see what it is. He gets a shotgun in his face.

The group returns to their homes in silence. One of them is surprised to find a visitor waiting for him. Before he can get his shotgun raised, the stranger has a gun of his own against his belly.

"Where ya been, IS?"

"Out fer a walk. What's it to ya?"

"I don't like the looks 'a you. There's some mighty strange goings on 'round here. I think you might have sumthin' ta do with it."

"Now wait just a cotton-pickin' minute..."

The stranger didn't.

The community of Bucksnort, population 20... make that 18... discovers Quailman's brains and Internet Stranger's guts splattered on their respective farms. A quick investigation of IS's house reveals some mention of a "Yocum Gang" operating in the area. One member of the community has already taken matters into his or her own hands... now it's everyone else's turn.

Internet Stranger (Mafia) and Quailman (Town) are dead. It's day 1, 10 to lynch.
Quailman
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2004 9:48 am

Post by Quailman »

Bah!
Cubsfan4life
Cubsfan4life
A guy can dream, right?
Cubsfan4life
A guy can dream, right?
A guy can dream, right?

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2004 10:04 am

Post by Cubsfan4life »

Well, I don't like that a vig used their kill night 1 but they killed a scum who we never would have found out anyways so I'll take it :wink:

Oh yes and
It'snotreallyarandombutpleasedonttakeittooseriously Vote: lulu muumuu
I really need to find a good quote

89-73... an improvement if you look at it that way.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2004 10:13 am

Post by Talitha »

IS got killed by a vig on Night 1... that makes me giggle.

vote: PBuG
ZONEACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2004 10:21 am

Post by ZONEACE »

OMG, i got to exercise my grudge and i got a mafia, awesome.
Late twenties, early Thursdays
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2004 10:43 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

cool-- nice shot zoneace!

I guess we have one confirmed townie unless anyone else wants to take responsibility for the shot.
silgado106
silgado106
Someone stop me please
silgado106
Someone stop me please
Someone stop me please

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2004 10:46 am

Post by silgado106 »

First game I play with IS being mafia and he gets killed on Night 1... that
is
funny :P Sorry IS, but hey, better for us.

At least we also start the day off with a confirmed innocent, which of course might not last too long... And also as long as no one counters him. I'm not sure why he told us right off the bat though.

And just for random voting sake
vote: Tigris
[size=75](( o-<-< )) Me in a nutshell.... :) Check this [url=http://www.freeiPods.com/default.aspx?referer=9316851]For a referral for me[/url] and [url=http://freeipod.iguano.com/]this for a step by step for a free iPod[/url][/size]
lulu muumuu
lulu muumuu
Goon
lulu muumuu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2004 11:04 am

Post by lulu muumuu »

OMGUS
vote: cubs
cuz you knew it was coming. :twisted:

and like, WOW, do we already have a confirmed innocent? if someone counters, that will be mighty interesting.

but zoneace, you know we have no doc, right? :?
being successful in your personal vendetta vs staying alive in the game and helping town (if you ARE town) is an interesting dilemma, i guess it's just not one i'd participate in.

hm. interesting idea. what if zoneace is mafia, and they targetted IS on purpose as some kind of whacked out plan to assure the believed innocence of one of their own? :shock:
Show
[size=75]:shock:[i]scared poopless

in Kidvitational 1 signups:[/i]
meaning of life 42:[color=darkblue] ok. I'm sorry MeMe if your sry. Can we be friends again?[/color]
MeMe:[color=darkred] I'm [i]totally [/i]sry. Friends 4ever![/color]
[/size]
ZONEACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2004 11:10 am

Post by ZONEACE »

lulu muumuu wrote:OMGUS
vote: cubs
cuz you knew it was coming. :twisted:

and like, WOW, do we already have a confirmed innocent? if someone counters, that will be mighty interesting.

but zoneace, you know we have no doc, right? :?
being successful in your personal vendetta vs staying alive in the game and helping town (if you ARE town) is an interesting dilemma, i guess it's just not one i'd participate in.

hm. interesting idea. what if zoneace is mafia, and they targetted IS on purpose as some kind of whacked out plan to assure the believed innocence of one of their own? :shock:
i actually feel safer now. Im no longer a threat to the mafia, i have used my kill, so they don't hve to worry about me figuring them out and secretly killing them. if they were smart theyd kill you guys who haven't used a kill yet.
Late twenties, early Thursdays
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2004 11:49 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

Oh yeah, Cubs is in this game-- goodie goodie.

As to the game on Sunday I am so sorry---NOT! although a shame about Grossman.

at any rate a vote that is purely abitrary and based on the fact that he is a bears fan and threw a bit too much smack around--
vote CUB
and sorry Cub just did not have the heart to shoot you.
Cubsfan4life
Cubsfan4life
A guy can dream, right?
Cubsfan4life
A guy can dream, right?
A guy can dream, right?

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2004 11:58 am

Post by Cubsfan4life »

If I recall you were the one doing all the trash talking.
I really need to find a good quote

89-73... an improvement if you look at it that way.
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2004 11:59 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

That was a different day. The day I am talkig about was the night of philly game. you sure rub it in when vikes lost to philly though. You and quag.
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2004 12:00 pm

Post by PeaceBringer »

just good thing you were not a cheese head or I might of just blasted you for fun.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2004 12:10 pm

Post by Save The Dragons »

ZONEACE wrote:i actually feel safer now. Im no longer a threat to the mafia, i have used my kill, so they don't hve to worry about me figuring them out and secretly killing them. if they were smart theyd kill you guys who haven't used a kill yet.
Well, then maybe we should lynch you for jeprodizing our safety, even if only by a little bit :twisted:

Why didn't somebody shoot PB? :twisted:

So we have a townie who shot because of a grudge and hopefully not just to prove innocents. You got pretty lucky.

I'm surprised more people are missing a lot of blood right now, with this many guns.

I don't feel like random voting, but, hey, this
is
Texas ;)

Ooo, Patrick.

Random Vote: Rolandofthewhite
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
R.I.P. He trusted mathcam.
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2004 12:48 pm

Post by NanookTheWolf »

Vote: Peacebringer
... Just because it doesn't say random in front of it doesn't mean that isn't what it is ... Just so you know.
TBuG
TBuG
they/them
I win
TBuG
they/them
I win
I win
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2004 1:58 pm

Post by TBuG »

Nice, we lynched a mafia member already :)

Before anything, I'd like to claim the town cop :P j/k.

Vote: Talitha

Cause you forgot to put random :P
rolandofthewhite (5:40:28 PM): It would be weird living with Thesp. All the hookers murdered and skin lying around. :(
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2004 2:03 pm

Post by mathcam »

Oh, sorry. I didn't see that we had to confirm. Given the simplicity of the roles, I assumed reading it would be enough.

Yay and bah! Yay because we're down a scum, which very much improves our odds of winning, but Bah! because all the numbers I worked out for 14 townies and 4 mafia are now irrelevant.

Back to the old drawing board.

Let me just say that, although my numbers were just preliminary, I think our best strategy for tomorrow night was to all kill the person below us in the list. The only way we don't win immediately is if there's 2 mafia in a row, which is relatively unlikely. Possible, granted, but it's also (very) possible that we keep missing the mafia with our random lynches. Once I have more precise numbers (and someone else should feel free to do them/check them), I'll let you know.

Cam
rolandofthewhite
rolandofthewhite
F. the White!
rolandofthewhite
F. the White!
F. the White!

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2004 2:10 pm

Post by rolandofthewhite »

Yay! We got a Mafia on the first night!

And howdy, Jeff. :D

[/b]Vote: STD[/b], because STDs are nasty. :?
Quiero hacer contigo lo que la primavera hace con los cerezos.
rolandofthewhite
rolandofthewhite
F. the White!
rolandofthewhite
F. the White!
F. the White!

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2004 2:12 pm

Post by rolandofthewhite »

Eww.

::hates HTML::

Let's retry that, shall we?

Vote: STD
, because STDs are nasty. :?

YAY! I did it! 8)
Quiero hacer contigo lo que la primavera hace con los cerezos.
Tigris
Tigris
Goon
Tigris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2004 2:33 pm

Post by Tigris »

14 townies and 4 mafia? I assume that you mean 15 and 4. Anyhows, if there are two in a row, then it would leave the mafia and three innocents without any shots left, so one wrong lynch and a loss. If three in a row (and this is stretching the imagination, but meh) and the town instantly loses. I'm not saying that I'm opposed to the idea, but there are risks involved.

Anyhows,
vote: ben
, just because I haven't done that in a while ^_^
Malaprop
Malaprop
Goon
Malaprop
Goon
Goon

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2004 2:46 pm

Post by Malaprop »

I was tempted to do in IS last night, too. Just couldn't quite bring myself to take the leap.

Also, we do not have Zoneace confirmed innocent, no matter whether or not someone else says they shot IS. I didn't see anything in the rules preventing multiple people from targetting one person; we could have several honest townies claim to a vig-kill. So there's no way to know if Zoneace is scum and just going for it.

Mathcam: I also tried adapting that strategy for this game, but it's not a fix: if the mod takes kills in the order received, many people would not get in their night kill, leaving gaps. Rules don't specify, so I'd expect the mod to disallow my strategy after I already poked holes in two of his setups with it, heh.

And, in general, it's a bad idea for townies to claim a vig-kill. If they do, the mafia knows who not to lynch to better their chances. I'm indecisive over whether it's a good idea for townies to falsely say they've used their vig-kill: I lean towards "no" for a general "lynch all liars" metagame policy, but would be useful disinformation that's unfalsifiable in this game.
[size=84]gim sumun.bi shà-thir-ma u ba-rì[/size]
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2004 4:13 pm

Post by mathcam »

14 townies and 4 mafia? I assume that you mean 15 and 4.
No, because I knew we'd wake up with one townie dead.
Mathcam: I also tried adapting that strategy for this game, but it's not a fix: if the mod takes kills in the order received, many people would not get in their night kill, leaving gaps. Rules don't specify, so I'd expect the mod to disallow my strategy after I already poked holes in two of his setups with it, heh.
I would be very surprised if mith didn't have all night actions resolve simultaneously, thus killing everyone who was targeted.

I'm also surprised that you question ZONEACE's confirmedness. If someone else comes forward and claims to have killed IS, then yeah, that unconfirms ZONEACE's townieness. But it's a
fact
that some pro-town person killed IS, and there's one person
claiming
to have killed IS, so if there are no counter-claims, then it seems likely that ZONE is pro-town.

Cam
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2004 4:21 pm

Post by mathcam »

Sorry, a couple of additional thoughts:

1) Not everyone believes in the "lynch all liars" metagame policy. For one, not me.
2) It's kind of amusing that the normalest game I've played in in a while is in the theme park.

Cam

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”