Almost Chara
Almost Chara
Mafia Scum
Almost Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1275 (ISO) » Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:02 pm

Post by Almost Chara »

In post 1228, Mephistophanes 39 wrote:Have you read their ISO? They are like super obvtown here.
i'm assuming this is Nancy (but why aren't you signing?)
why are we obvtown? for someone besides you i would agree, but in our last game together it took a while for you to get to townreading me, and i feel like i've been doing a lot less this game.
~Chara
[
wiki
] hydra of
Almost50
and
Chara
[
Win:Loss
]
T 2:2
S 1:1
3P 1:0
Mewtaph
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1276 (ISO) » Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:03 pm

Post by Mewtaph »

In post 1273, Almost Chara wrote:
In post 1264, Mewtaph wrote:On AC: They aren't a town read and I'm much more interested in exploring where Kokichi is going with this rather than discarding what he's saying completely and toss him into the "ML and ignore" pile. A50 has been notably "muted" in presence compared to what I expect from him in other games, so if someone has a chip on the Chara head then I'm willing to roll with a wagon on them.
oh, it's here.
Mewtaph, i replied to Kokichi's assertions earlier. (he isn't correct. we recently finished a game together where he replaced into a towny slot and through inactivity i ended up scumreading him.)
there's no way to "wait and sort" Kokichi like he says i do
every single time
when he's town (i don't) if he is barely playing to begin with.

Almost is busy. is that just a general comment, or are you saying it's AI?
~Chara
I think him opening with a vote on you and pushing on it based on something you did qualifies as playing the game.

As far as Almost being busy, sure, but I need more from him because he's the head I am most equipped to try to read.
Almost Chara
Almost Chara
Mafia Scum
Almost Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1277 (ISO) » Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:05 pm

Post by Almost Chara »

one of those posts is just a vote. another of them is telling someone she thinks your ISOs in two games look different. a third is stating two TRs as bad wagons.
how are any of these sophisticated enough to be "constraining original thought process"? saying... words isn't shutting down conversation.
~Chara
[
wiki
] hydra of
Almost50
and
Chara
[
]
Mewtaph
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1278 (ISO) » Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:07 pm

Post by Mewtaph »

In post 1277, Almost Chara wrote:one of those posts is just a vote. another of them is telling someone she thinks your ISOs in two games look different. a third is stating two TRs as bad wagons.
how are any of these sophisticated enough to be "constraining original thought process"? saying... words isn't shutting down conversation.
~Chara
It's hard to interact with somebody claiming to have a meta chip on you when they really don't. They need to knock it down a peg and SR me for in game reasons beyond "I didn't like his question to Gamma, that was the icing to the cake for Mew being scum aye". Or don't, that's their choice.

They
are
constraining play around their town reads. Sure, they can go and do that, but they don't need to form vectors of bullshit on other players in the process.
ProFlavor
ProFlavor
Goon
ProFlavor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1279 (ISO) » Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:07 pm

Post by ProFlavor »

Yeah, I’m looking for a reason, but Mewtaph just seems like town to me.

~FL
Almost Chara
Almost Chara
Mafia Scum
Almost Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1280 (ISO) » Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:09 pm

Post by Almost Chara »

In post 1276, Mewtaph wrote:I think him opening with a vote on you and pushing on it based on something you did qualifies as playing the game.

As far as Almost being busy, sure, but I need more from him because he's the head I am most equipped to try to read.
he's playing the game now. i mentioned i was townreading him for that now, in fact. Kokichi's beef (that you seemed interested in looking into) involves that i didn't wait and see with him, which i did because he was a good PoE wagon with a large portion of the active game towntelling.
past tense.
in those games where i did, i had the sense he would make himself be readable. was not the case here.

try reading me. i've never played with you before in a strong enough capacity to remember how you play, but that doesn't mean i can't try to read you.
~Chara
[
wiki
] hydra of
Almost50
and
Chara
[
]
Mewtaph
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1281 (ISO) » Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:09 pm

Post by Mewtaph »

In post 1266, Mewtaph wrote:
In post 673, Krazy wrote:
In post 562, Varsoon wrote:
In post 1, Krazy wrote:
  • This is a confirmed single-ball game with no third party roles. The distribution of players will be 11 town vs 3 mafia
  • There will be a role similar to a town-aligned vigilante in this game
  • This game will feature roles that interact with the order of players in the player list, but the primary emphasis will still be on day play and not night actions.
@Mod: Can we take the point quoted here to indicate that there will be a TOWN-ALIGNED role that is similar to a Vigilante this game?
Yes.
In post 674, Shoshin the worst wrote:#stillalive
#stilltown
This isn't how town responds to reacting to something stopping a public dayvig shot on them "outside of their knowledge" by the way.
Ok Chara, do you agree with this?
ProFlavor
ProFlavor
Goon
ProFlavor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1282 (ISO) » Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:11 pm

Post by ProFlavor »

In post 393, pinturicchio wrote:Ooooh spooky spooky. Let's hope he doesn't have to jump in then.

By the way Var I'm townreading you but that already went poorly on Overkill II. I see some differences in playstyle, do you see them too?

-Turicchio
In post 394, Varsoon wrote:I don't think I'm that introspective. I guess? I was playing Overkill II very protective of myself, whereas I don't think I've got much to fear in this game.
This is pretty townie from both of these players.
Not quite town reading them, but it’s something.
Varsoon is actually pretty townie to me right now, and different from the scum game we played.

~Leaf
Almost Chara
Almost Chara
Mafia Scum
Almost Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1283 (ISO) » Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:13 pm

Post by Almost Chara »

In post 1279, ProFlavor wrote:Yeah, I’m looking for a reason, but Mewtaph just seems like town to me.

~FL
you talked about why you don't think the reasons for Mewtaph scum are good (fair), but why is he seeming town for you?

and unrelated to your Mewtaph read: a lot of ProFlavor's posts have been pinging me hard. it's entirely gut and i'm trying to figure out why. especially since Almost has a very strong townread on the slot, so it's possible my gut is full of it. i was wondering if you had an opinion, FL?
i recognize that the above question is a very silly one, but i can assure you it's asked in good faith.
~Chara
[
wiki
] hydra of
Almost50
and
Chara
[
]
Mewtaph
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1284 (ISO) » Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:14 pm

Post by Mewtaph »

I'm going to fade out of the thread in around 5 mins, so if you want to catch me on the way out now would be the time to do so.
Almost Chara
Almost Chara
Mafia Scum
Almost Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1285 (ISO) » Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:16 pm

Post by Almost Chara »

In post 1281, Mewtaph wrote:Ok Chara, do you agree with this?
not really, i can't think of another way for town to really respond. what would you expect? why would scum reply like this?

unless you're suggesting that this response indicates that STW
did
know why the shot failed and is lying about it?
~Chara
[
wiki
] hydra of
Almost50
and
Chara
[
]
Mewtaph
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1286 (ISO) » Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:17 pm

Post by Mewtaph »

In post 1285, Almost Chara wrote:
In post 1281, Mewtaph wrote:Ok Chara, do you agree with this?
not really, i can't think of another way for town to really respond. what would you expect? why would scum reply like this?

unless you're suggesting that this response indicates that STW
did
know why the shot failed and is lying about it?
~Chara
Potentially. It's bugging me.
Mewtaph
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1287 (ISO) » Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:19 pm

Post by Mewtaph »

It was only a mod response to Varsoon's query. The flip could've been processed. Perhaps all it would've taken was for Varsoon to state his kill in thread in flavour and he just had to correct it to go through.

The casual sass feels misplaced when before they were in "give reads I'm about to get flipped mode".

So why say "#stillalive #stilltown" when you 100% could be dead if you have nothing that indicates you are safe from vig shots?
Almost Chara
Almost Chara
Mafia Scum
Almost Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1288 (ISO) » Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:22 pm

Post by Almost Chara »

hm.
alright, i'm tired now but tomorrow i'll look at the whole thing in context again. night.
~Chara
[
wiki
] hydra of
Almost50
and
Chara
[
]
Mewtaph
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1289 (ISO) » Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:22 pm

Post by Mewtaph »

Later.
ProFlavor
ProFlavor
Goon
ProFlavor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1290 (ISO) » Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:52 pm

Post by ProFlavor »

VOTE: STW

~ woof.
Shoshin the worst
Shoshin the worst
Goon
Shoshin the worst
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1291 (ISO) » Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:57 pm

Post by Shoshin the worst »

In post 1257, Mewtaph wrote:Lynch pool for being scummy: {Alchemist21, Almost Chara, Shoshin the worst}
Up for policy lynch: {Nancy}

Steamrolling with the biggest wagon that forms on any of these three + Nancy.
So you've got one obvtown in your lynches, us, and a two townreads.
Why.... aren't you more disturbed by this gamestate given this apparently means ALL of your townreads are in the communal lynchpool? you naked voted us then quoted our vote on you saying "die.". I don't buy that you think we're wolfing for a second.
hydra of Shoshin & the worst!
Shoshin the worst
Shoshin the worst
Goon
Shoshin the worst
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1292 (ISO) » Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:59 pm

In post 1260, Mewtaph wrote:
In post 1125, u r a person 2 wrote:I don't see any disconnect between 204 and 297
There is. That's his first game-advancing content and completely misinterprets the second half of my question. His "I'm not redoubling on the mistakes I messed up" reads as AtE. I wouldn't buy it if I were you.
Why do either of these things actually come from scum tho?
This is tinfoil at best. Straight up.
Shoshin the worst
Shoshin the worst
Goon
Shoshin the worst
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1293 (ISO) » Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:10 pm

In post 1261, Mewtaph wrote:
In post 1258, Michael Scott wrote:@Mewtaph: Alchemist rebutted your attack on him, you left it at that though - why?
Rationale for STW, Almost Chara?
Why a policy lynch on Nancy?

~Jimothy
It's how scum would respond from beginning to end. Me trying to push Alchemist through here requires thread presence I don't have - Nancy is acting as a huge obstacle to me pushing him at all and reflecting votes onto me in a very destructive manner.

Tl;dr, the rebuttal is how a scum responds and the basis of his approach to me isn't how town thinks. I'm not responding to a hard SR
Nobody's an obstacle and nobody is compromising your agency here. You haven't said anything that makes Alchemist sound even remotely like scum. Case at will.
In post 1264, Mewtaph wrote:On AC: They aren't a town read and I'm much more interested in exploring where Kokichi is going with this rather than discarding what he's saying completely and toss him into the "ML and ignore" pile. A50 has been notably "muted" in presence compared to what I expect from him in other games, so if someone has a chip on the Chara head then I'm willing to roll with a wagon on them.
Why would you expect A50 to be a vocal force in this hydra after SCM1?
Show me why you townread Kokichi's contributions (there are reasons for sure) & why you scumread AC? This is nonsensical sorry.
In post 1266, Mewtaph wrote:This isn't how town responds to reacting to something stopping a public dayvig shot on them "outside of their knowledge" by the way.
Yes it literally is
I didn't believe Varsoon's claim at face value, and wasn't even slightly surprised to still be alive
How do you expect town-us to respond differently?

(still going. bit busy tonight.)
Mewtaph
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1294 (ISO) » Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:12 pm

Post by Mewtaph »

I don't know what you're trying to achieve with your posts other than discredit me and insist that I'm scum, and yes, I don't town read you at all for your approach to Varsoon.
Shoshin the worst
Shoshin the worst
Goon
Shoshin the worst
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1295 (ISO) » Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:13 pm

@ProFlavor talk me through what the rationale of seeing those Mewtaph posts and winding up at "yeah wow Mewtaph is town, I'm going to vote STW instead"
That was the strangest reaction I've seen ITT so far. His reasoning isn't even slightly towny.
Shoshin the worst
Shoshin the worst
Goon
Shoshin the worst
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1296 (ISO) » Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:14 pm

In post 1294, Mewtaph wrote:I don't know what you're trying to achieve with your posts other than discredit me and insist that I'm scum, and yes, I don't town read you at all for your approach to Varsoon.
Don't duck the conversation
I'm trying to work our your thought process here because you just dropped a bunch of really bizarre reads that I absolutely don't relate to so I want to see where you're coming from
Shoshin the worst
Shoshin the worst
Goon
Shoshin the worst
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1297 (ISO) » Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:14 pm

Coming from the head who was part of quickhammering you last game I literally don't remember you being even slightly upset by me trying to engage you when you were town and I was scum. What's the difference here?
Mewtaph
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1298 (ISO) » Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:16 pm

Post by Mewtaph »

In post 1292, Shoshin the worst wrote:
In post 1260, Mewtaph wrote:
In post 1125, u r a person 2 wrote:I don't see any disconnect between 204 and 297
There is. That's his first game-advancing content and completely misinterprets the second half of my question. His "I'm not redoubling on the mistakes I messed up" reads as AtE. I wouldn't buy it if I were you.
Why do either of these things actually come from scum tho?
This is tinfoil at best. Straight up.
Okay, so I'm responding to a town read who's asking me to double down on a reason why I scumread someone, and now you insist that I have to double down again for you even though I've practically entirely explored that particular reason extensively at this point? You can think it's bullshit or whatever, but acting like my reasoning is non existent is bullshit.

Don't act like what I'm saying is completely whoooshing over you every time. This is a waste of time.
Shoshin the worst
Shoshin the worst
Goon
Shoshin the worst
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1299 (ISO) » Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:19 pm

Yeah I don't follow you on scum!Alchemist at all, I'm sorry
if you feel like I'm being obtuse could you lay it out for me quickly?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”