Mewtaph
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1300 (ISO) » Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:19 pm

Post by Mewtaph »

I don't want to sort to your slot at all because I haven't found a reason to town read you guys. So I really am just going to duck out of the thread - if you so wish you can mull it over with other players like you are already doing but I don't want a part of this not right now.
Shoshin the worst
Shoshin the worst
Goon
Shoshin the worst
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1301 (ISO) » Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:26 pm

Post by Shoshin the worst »

.....the fuck is anyone townreading this? I'm gonna speak to my partner but this is a joke.
hydra of Shoshin & the worst!
NicoRobin
NicoRobin
Mafia Scum
NicoRobin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1302 (ISO) » Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:47 pm

Post by NicoRobin »

/replace out
ProFlavor
ProFlavor
Goon
ProFlavor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1303 (ISO) » Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:27 pm

Post by ProFlavor »

In post 1295, Shoshin the worst wrote:@ProFlavor talk me through what the rationale of seeing those Mewtaph posts and winding up at "yeah wow Mewtaph is town, I'm going to vote STW instead"
That was the strangest reaction I've seen ITT so far. His reasoning isn't even slightly towny.
Well that was not the rationale so...

It's a bit conf bias'y but I (Profii) think you and Mewp can both be scum. Mewp has only really been interested with any real degree of seriousness in Alch up until very recently, but finds himself on you for mostly omgus reasons. (as far as I can tell?) and that is seemingly only coming out now there is some pressure on his (mew) slot

I was ISO'ing Mew and posting to FL in the hydra PT and when I saw the naked vote / die thing I put - just going to check but I bet STW is not under pressure anymore...

I feel like Mewp has kept himself on Alch because he has managed to keep himself out of the spotlight for most of the day - now he is borderline claim time, this drama with you appears.

I think Mewp is preparing for a claim to send the wagon elsewhere, getting the bus on you ready

so I just think you are both scum.

~ woof
Shoshin the worst
Shoshin the worst
Goon
Shoshin the worst
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1304 (ISO) » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:57 am

Post by Shoshin the worst »

Okay I prefer being s/s read than you thinking Mewt is town lol. we can lynch him today np
hydra of Shoshin & the worst!
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1305 (ISO) » Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:45 am

Post by Alchemist21 »

In post 1301, Shoshin the worst wrote:.....the fuck is anyone townreading this? I'm gonna speak to my partner but this is a joke.
Emphasis on joke. I was already laughing at the slot. His last post is just icing on the cake.
Mephistophanes 39
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Mephistophanes 39
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1306 (ISO) » Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:14 am

Post by Mephistophanes 39 »

Oh geez...the game almost doubled since I checked in last :S
Why in the living fuck do I even attempt Larges anymore!?

Anyway, I probably won't read everything so point out things I should respond to or know I guess. I'll confer with Nancy and see what we can do here :)

- Ari
Show

Pleased to meet you,
Hope you guess our name.
But what's puzzling you,
Is the nature of our game.
Mewtaph
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1307 (ISO) » Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:08 am

Post by Mewtaph »

This is not town. This is not how town approaches the game. Alchemist is not town.
Mewtaph
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1308 (ISO) » Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:20 am

Post by Mewtaph »

In post 1305, Alchemist21 wrote:
In post 1301, Shoshin the worst wrote:.....the fuck is anyone townreading this? I'm gonna speak to my partner but this is a joke.
Emphasis on joke. I was already laughing at the slot. His last post is just icing on the cake.
Okay, but this casual narrative you're trying to play out here doesn't fit the timeline. You were already laughing at the slot, except before you decided to go down the discredit and obtain from contributing elsewhere gameplan, your reaction to me holding onto a vote on you was anything but comedic. Explain to me how any content I make is "icing on the cake" now when the basis of your scumread is inherently based on riding the wave of consensus to try to ride me out the playerlist?
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1309 (ISO) » Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:54 am

Post by Varsoon »

Yeah I'm not all that excited about wagoning Mewtaph.
The way people are treating that slot is criminal, too.
Like, I personally know that when people call my play a joke, I get incredibly frustrated and it tilts me something hella fierce.
That kinda shit does no favors to the gamestate or towards actually sorting a slot.

-V
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1310 (ISO) » Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:56 am

Post by Varsoon »

Like when I'm struggling with a game and doing my best to engage, when people call my play a joke, I often type out several very violent threats and then backspace them because I don't actually mean them, but I am very pissed off.

-V
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1311 (ISO) » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:02 am

Post by Alchemist21 »

In post 1308, Mewtaph wrote:
In post 1305, Alchemist21 wrote:
Okay, but this casual narrative you're trying to play out here doesn't fit the timeline. You were already laughing at the slot, except before you decided to go down the discredit and obtain from contributing elsewhere gameplan, your reaction to me holding onto a vote on you was anything but comedic. Explain to me how any content I make is "icing on the cake" now when the basis of your scumread is inherently based on riding the wave of consensus to try to ride me out the playerlist?
Wtf is “riding the wave of consensus” even supposed to mean? And I actually laughed when you tried to justify the vote on me. You keep making up inconsistencies to try to attack my posts.
Mewtaph
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1312 (ISO) » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:05 am

Post by Mewtaph »

Discrediting me as an excuse not to generate actual thought process on my slot. That's not an inconsistency, that's exactly what you're doing here.
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1313 (ISO) » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:06 am

Post by Alchemist21 »

In post 1309, Varsoon wrote:Yeah I'm not all that excited about wagoning Mewtaph.
The way people are treating that slot is criminal, too.
Like, I personally know that when people call my play a joke, I get incredibly frustrated and it tilts me something hella fierce.
That kinda shit does no favors to the gamestate or towards actually sorting a slot.

-V
Ok but do you ever just blatantly make shit up about people? Have you ever said some shit like “I’m not gonna sort you because I’m already scumreading you.”?

What about him is Town to you? Is it just his frustration or is it something else?
Mewtaph
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1314 (ISO) » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:08 am

Post by Mewtaph »

That implies you're sorting me, but you're clearly not. You're just discrediting and shading.
Mewtaph
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1315 (ISO) » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:09 am

Post by Mewtaph »

In post 1313, Alchemist21 wrote:Ok but do you ever just blatantly make shit up about people? Have you ever said some shit like “I’m not gonna sort you because I’m already scumreading you.”?
None of these things have actually happened. Feel free to double check the narrative and pull up quotes because what you're saying is there definitely isn't.
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1316 (ISO) » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:11 am

Post by Alchemist21 »

In post 1312, Mewtaph wrote:Discrediting me as an excuse not to generate actual thought process on my slot. That's not an inconsistency, that's exactly what you're doing here.
I’ve given thoughts on your slot. All you can do is make up shit about my posts and say “it’s not Town.”
Mewtaph
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1317 (ISO) » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:12 am

Post by Mewtaph »

In post 965, Mewtaph wrote:I don't buy how he's approaching the game state as genuine.
This is the basis behind my scum read, clearly quoted and available to read so don't try to twist it into something else as if I'm trying to "shape inconsistencies" in some form.
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1318 (ISO) » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:14 am

Post by Alchemist21 »

We can all see your posts after that one in your ISO. You know damn well which posts I’m talking about.
Mewtaph
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1319 (ISO) » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:28 am

Post by Mewtaph »

Fine, I'll play ball where you dismiss and misinterpret what I've down. The only thing that fits what you're saying remotely is to where I point out in that your response to my question was disconnected from your initial thought process and is hardly enough to say that I'm "blatantly making shit up about people".

Here's the post in question.
In post 297, Alchemist21 wrote:
In post 253, Mewtaph wrote:Not really following this. Why does scum-to-town not give an out at all? Why does the described scum-to-scum scenario have to involve Mephistophanes 39 giving an out to Shoshin the worst at all?
Scum to Town doesn’t because they want the pressure to stay on the Town slot.

And you’re with me on tbe scum to scum scenario, it doesn’t happen, at least not in the game thread.
It was. You tried to justify your first game advancing content via providing a town read on Mephisto. Scum-to-town makes absolutely no sense - they can approach the game state however they want given that there's almost no pressure directed their way. Scum-to-scum is similarly loose reasoning. The initial question was actually
why it happens
, which is part of the basis of your town read, and instead you decide to take some off-shoot path and suggest why "it doesn't happen, at least in the game thread" as if that was an answer to my question and I was totally following your reasoning the entire time.

The same thought process in you'd be well acquainted with as town given that you point it out as a reason to town read you when inquired upon.

By taking different ways to reach a conclusion to one town read, it feels more like you're trying to make your reads feel "complex" and hence townie but you can't even follow up on it.

So if we're talking about wheeling back and suggesting "inconsistencies" now, feels a lot more like you're trying to discredit my line of reasoning as much as you can, using your town cred to expend yourself of pressure. This isn't a townie thought process to be observing, it's a scummy one.
Mewtaph
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1320 (ISO) » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:36 am

Post by Mewtaph »

In post 1316, Alchemist21 wrote:
In post 1312, Mewtaph wrote:Discrediting me as an excuse not to generate actual thought process on my slot. That's not an inconsistency, that's exactly what you're doing here.
I’ve given thoughts on your slot. All you can do is make up shit about my posts and say “it’s not Town.”
You mean posts like , , and more?

What I'm saying in "actual thought process" is the process of sorting: which I've seen none from you at all.
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1321 (ISO) » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:38 am

Post by Alchemist21 »

The only other interpretation for your second question in 253 is “why would scum coach scum.” Is that correct? Did you really want me to explain why scum would coach scum.

P-edit: You can try to act like I’m not sorting but that’s blatantly false.
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1322 (ISO) » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:40 am

Post by u r a person 2 »

This is messing with my read because I'm not sure if this is some sort of gambit or if you sincerely misunderstand the logic. Make no mistake, Alchemist's logic is fine in these two posts.

Given, Mephisto gives an out to stw

Assert scum wouldn't give an out to town because it doesn't benefit scum to take the pressure off of town
Assert scum wouldn't give an out to scum because they would do it in scum chat

Conclude, mephisto must be town.

I'm not saying that I agree - scum might give an out to town under the right circumstances - but the thought process is consistent between the two posts and, imo, shows generally townie thought processes.

If this makes sense, please tell me how, if at all, it affects your read
103-11 0-2
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1323 (ISO) » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:46 am

Post by Varsoon »

@Alchemist: I think you're both town, for what it's worth--I just have a real hard time seeing Mewtaph's play coming from a scum PoV since it's so fringe/vanity/whatever you wanna call it. I'm townreading him a lot between his frustration and how he's handling your handling of his slot. It makes consistent sense to me, at least.

@URAP2: I think it's actually likelier that scum makes up excuses for someone than not, but my head's on wrong.

-V
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1324 (ISO) » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:54 am

Post by u r a person 2 »

In post 1323, Varsoon wrote:@URAP2: I think it's actually likelier that scum makes up excuses for someone than not, but my head's on wrong.
I could see an argument for this. Mew argued that the thinking in these posts is inconsistent, which implicates scum!alch. Regardless of whether Alch's assertions are valid, the thinking is consistent, and I'm interested to see if anything changes in Mew's analysis after seeing that.
103-11 0-2

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”