Starcraft Mafia: 2 -- Game Over!

Shoshin the worst
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: January 05, 2019
Pronoun: They

Post Post #1375  (ISO)  » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:45 pm

In post 1310, Varsoon wrote:Like when I'm struggling with a game and doing my best to engage, when people call my play a joke, I often type out several very violent threats and then backspace them because I don't actually mean them, but I am very pissed off.

-V

That's why I reached out to him and he then said he couldn't be bothered engaging with me and walked.
In SCM1 he did the EXACT OPPOSITE when he was town and the worst was scum pretending to engage him.

Why the difference?
This is actually bizarre. Can't believe you're not seeing it at all.
hydra of Shoshin & the worst!

Shoshin the worst
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: January 05, 2019
Pronoun: They

Post Post #1376  (ISO)  » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:48 pm

In post 1327, Almost Chara wrote:i finally, finally, understand what Mewtaph is saying about Alchemist with respect to those two posts.
i think there have been some issues with word choice/communication that have made something simple seem a lot more complicated than it was.

i'm agreeing with the Mewtaph townread, though it's not that strong. don't feel like lynching him today. my reasons are essentially the same as Varsoon's.
~Chara

I get where he's coming from wrt Alchemist but I'm still not sure where he sees scum!Alchemist. There's too much "matching reasons to conclusion" energy. Am I biased or is it genuinely pretty abstract?
hydra of Shoshin & the worst!

Shoshin the worst
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: January 05, 2019
Pronoun: They

Post Post #1377  (ISO)  » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:53 pm

In post 1355, Varsoon wrote:Plus, compare Mew's parsing of things out to STW's "This is so obviously scum! Lynch it!" approach, y'know?
It's night and day to me.

-V

I'm sorry what does this even mean?
He's....slowly talking through things in circles and making unbelievable stances?
We're completly uncharismatically headbutting slots to get reads on them?

Have you ever successfully read a loud player's alignment?
hydra of Shoshin & the worst!

Shoshin the worst
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: January 05, 2019
Pronoun: They

Post Post #1378  (ISO)  » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:55 pm

VOTE: Kokichi
If this greens I'll reconsider AC
Otherwise I'm treating them as basically hard town
hydra of Shoshin & the worst!

Shoshin the worst
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: January 05, 2019
Pronoun: They

Post Post #1379  (ISO)  » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:55 pm

Mewtaph is still a great vote if people pull their heads out but I'm losing faith in this list rapidly
hydra of Shoshin & the worst!

u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: December 09, 2018

Post Post #1380  (ISO)  » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:56 pm

In post 1376, Shoshin the worst wrote:I get where he's coming from wrt Alchemist but I'm still not sure where he sees scum!Alchemist. There's too much "matching reasons to conclusion" energy. Am I biased or is it genuinely pretty abstract?


It feels convoluted to me in a way that makes me think either it's fake, or mewtaph is playing a significantly higher level game than I am.

So if a bunch of people would describe mewtaph as usually having inspired reads, I'd reconsider

but it's probably fake.
103-11 0-2

Almost Chara
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: September 10, 2016
Pronoun: They

Post Post #1381  (ISO)  » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:56 pm

hey STW, i'll answer in a second, but i've been wondering why you're townreading us so much. i think you said earlier why (even if i don't remember), but are you paranoid of our slot at all?
~Chara
[wiki] hydra of Almost50 and Chara.
[Win:Loss] T 2:2, S 1:1, 3P 1:0

Almost Chara
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: September 10, 2016
Pronoun: They

Post Post #1382  (ISO)  » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:58 pm

In post 1378, Shoshin the worst wrote:VOTE: Kokichi
If this greens I'll reconsider AC
Otherwise I'm treating them as basically hard town

um. why does town Kokichi make you reconsider me? his meta is incorrect and i've explained why, but misapplying meta isn't exclusive to scum.
~Chara
[wiki] hydra of Almost50 and Chara.
[Win:Loss] T 2:2, S 1:1, 3P 1:0

Mephistophanes 39
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: December 09, 2018
Pronoun: They

Post Post #1383  (ISO)  » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:59 pm

In post 1378, Shoshin the worst wrote:VOTE: Kokichi
If this greens I'll reconsider AC
Otherwise I'm treating them as basically hard town


Why is Kokichi a so much better vote than Nico?
Show

Almost Chara
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: September 10, 2016
Pronoun: They

Post Post #1384  (ISO)  » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:02 pm

In post 1376, Shoshin the worst wrote:I get where he's coming from wrt Alchemist but I'm still not sure where he sees scum!Alchemist. There's too much "matching reasons to conclusion" energy. Am I biased or is it genuinely pretty abstract?

actually i can just answer this. i don't think you're biased. mewtaph is being really hard to understand here, to me, but his reasoning is sort of off the wall enough that it's hard for me to scumread.

and back to Kokichi again: if he's town he isn't playing well, for sure. i found his lack of reply to my pointing out that i failed to catch him as scum recently, and that i incorrectly scumread town him, to be pretty disappointing.

i still like Nico for scum, but jjh is more readable so i'll see what his catchup brings.
~Chara

pedit: <3 Nancy
[wiki] hydra of Almost50 and Chara.
[Win:Loss] T 2:2, S 1:1, 3P 1:0

Mephistophanes 39
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: December 09, 2018
Pronoun: They

Post Post #1385  (ISO)  » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:04 pm

In post 1275, Almost Chara wrote:
In post 1228, Mephistophanes 39 wrote:Have you read their ISO? They are like super obvtown here.

i'm assuming this is Nancy (but why aren't you signing?)
why are we obvtown? for someone besides you i would agree, but in our last game together it took a while for you to get to townreading me, and i feel like i've been doing a lot less this game.
~Chara


Wagonomics mainly dictated that situation, so I don’t really see how that’s relevant?

I have better than average reads. Unfortunately, I seem to lack the charisma to persuade anyone of that.

There’s a few posts your slot made, that I just don’t see coming from scum.

Oh and

~Nancy (decent AC reader)
Show

Mephistophanes 39
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: December 09, 2018
Pronoun: They

Post Post #1386  (ISO)  » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:10 pm

In post 1374, Shoshin the worst wrote:
In post 1307, Mewtaph wrote:This is not town. This is not how town approaches the game. Alchemist is not town.

Could you respond to any of the things I asked you?
At all?

I don't see how you're town approaching this right now.


I just finished a game with town!Alchemist and he is posting the exact same way, he is here.

@Chara, backatcha <3
Show

ProFlavor
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: January 05, 2019

Post Post #1387  (ISO)  » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:39 pm

In post 1379, Shoshin the worst wrote:Mewtaph is still a great vote if people pull their heads out but I'm losing faith in this list rapidly


This is a false bravado and an attempt to discredit the player list.

I feel we’re actually a strong playerlist, and whoever said this is attempting to cause doubt within town.

It’s Day 1. Nobody should genuinely have that kind of attitude towards the game state.

~Leaf

ProFlavor
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: January 05, 2019

Post Post #1388  (ISO)  » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:40 pm

In post 1378, Shoshin the worst wrote:VOTE: Kokichi
If this greens I'll reconsider AC
Otherwise I'm treating them as basically hard town


This looks like a self preservation move to try to shift the momentum off of them onto Kokichi.

ProFlavor
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: January 05, 2019

Post Post #1389  (ISO)  » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:41 pm

Kokichi is also mislynch bait this early in the game. Shoshin is super scum. :lol:

~Leaf

ProFlavor
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: January 05, 2019

Post Post #1390  (ISO)  » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:41 pm

In post 1378, Shoshin the worst wrote:VOTE: Kokichi
If this greens I'll reconsider AC
Otherwise I'm treating them as basically hard town


This also sets up a mislynch path and general plan of action.

ProFlavor
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: January 05, 2019

Post Post #1391  (ISO)  » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:43 pm

In post 1390, ProFlavor wrote:
In post 1378, Shoshin the worst wrote:VOTE: Kokichi
If this greens I'll reconsider AC
Otherwise I'm treating them as basically hard town


This also sets up a mislynch path and general plan of action.


While at the same time creates commraderie with who they’d be working with to get Kokichi, so they have support onto AC tomorrow, then can turn onto their support.

It’s a solid scum play, but it’s very much scum play nonetheless.

Scum play as in, scum do this because it helps them get on towns good side. I like to look into the reasons people town read others to find my scum reads because essentially that’s what scum tries to do. Get townies to town read them.

~Leaf

ProFlavor
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: January 05, 2019

Post Post #1392  (ISO)  » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:49 pm

The fact that Varsoon, Mewtaph, and I are the three on Shoshin right now shows me that this is more than likely a scum slot.

Varsoon is hard town here. I’ve recently gotten to witness directly both townVarsoon and scumVarsoon, and really I’ve known Varsoon for like 4 and a half years now, so I’m pretty happy with my read there.

Mewtaph is town for the wagon composition. Mustang and Nancy pushing onto a townie the way they did makes total sense, and then people, and scumShoshin, decide to jump on to Mewtaph.

This also semi incriminates Jjh slot, but I’ll let them catchup first.

I realize my slot will probably be tried to use as a counterwagon option after pushing Shoshone like this, so unless you wanna try to 1v1 me and out explain the damn awful play it would have been to let Mewtaph live in this situation as scum...well, go for it. I could have just kept not playing the game and allowing Profii to play in that situation. Mewtaph likely would have been killed.

So there, Mewtaph and I would have to be scum together AND you’d have to think I would Super obviously protect them in this position AND I would hard town read Varsoon, a solid player who I know would very much end up tunneling me if he thinks I’m scum.

Long story short, Only town are on the Shoshin wagon right now. Bet.

ProFlavor
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: January 05, 2019

Post Post #1393  (ISO)  » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:50 pm

~Leaf

Almost Chara
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: September 10, 2016
Pronoun: They

Post Post #1394  (ISO)  » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:53 pm

it's a foolish one if so (not that i'm discounting your interpretation).
what's pretty bizarre to me is the belief that Kokichi's alignment has anything to do with mine here, as though his bad meta read on me has credence provided he's town.

but Leaf, do you think STW decides to have their cake and eat it too, by which i mean continuing to have us as strong town while also trying to lynch someone i don't want to lynch, and leave us open as a target on later days?

and thanks for the answer, Nancy.
~Chara
[wiki] hydra of Almost50 and Chara.
[Win:Loss] T 2:2, S 1:1, 3P 1:0

Mephistophanes 39
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: December 09, 2018
Pronoun: They

Post Post #1395  (ISO)  » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:56 pm

In post 1391, ProFlavor wrote:
In post 1390, ProFlavor wrote:
In post 1378, Shoshin the worst wrote:VOTE: Kokichi
If this greens I'll reconsider AC
Otherwise I'm treating them as basically hard town


This also sets up a mislynch path and general plan of action.


While at the same time creates commraderie with who they’d be working with to get Kokichi, so they have support onto AC tomorrow, then can turn onto their support.

It’s a solid scum play, but it’s very much scum play nonetheless.

Scum play as in, scum do this because it helps them get on towns good side. I like to look into the reasons people town read others to find my scum reads because essentially that’s what scum tries to do. Get townies to town read them.

~Leaf


I don’t see any reason to lynch Kokichi today but even if he were lynched and flipped green, without that whole “never wrong meta” he referenced, I would still not vote them. We are in no one’s pocket but Krazy could conceivably persude us. :P

Who the hell is freaking “mustang”?
Show

u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: December 09, 2018

Post Post #1396  (ISO)  » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:58 pm

In post 1392, ProFlavor wrote:So there, Mewtaph and I would have to be scum together AND you’d have to think I would Super obviously protect them in this position AND I would hard town read Varsoon, a solid player who I know would very much end up tunneling me if he thinks I’m scum.

Can I think that Mew is scum and that you are wrong!town or was there a logic piece that makes that not possible?
103-11 0-2

Almost Chara
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: September 10, 2016
Pronoun: They

Post Post #1397  (ISO)  » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:58 pm

that's Alchemist, his avatar is Roy Mustang from Fullmetal Alchemist.
~Chara
[wiki] hydra of Almost50 and Chara.
[Win:Loss] T 2:2, S 1:1, 3P 1:0

Mephistophanes 39
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: December 09, 2018
Pronoun: They

Post Post #1398  (ISO)  » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:58 pm

In post 1392, ProFlavor wrote:The fact that Varsoon, Mewtaph, and I are the three on Shoshin right now shows me that this is more than likely a scum slot.

Varsoon is hard town here. I’ve recently gotten to witness directly both townVarsoon and scumVarsoon, and really I’ve known Varsoon for like 4 and a half years now, so I’m pretty happy with my read there.

Mewtaph is town for the wagon composition. Mustang and Nancy pushing onto a townie the way they did makes total sense, and then people, and scumShoshin, decide to jump on to Mewtaph.

This also semi incriminates Jjh slot, but I’ll let them catchup first.

I realize my slot will probably be tried to use as a counterwagon option after pushing Shoshone like this, so unless you wanna try to 1v1 me and out explain the damn awful play it would have been to let Mewtaph live in this situation as scum...well, go for it. I could have just kept not playing the game and allowing Profii to play in that situation. Mewtaph likely would have been killed.

So there, Mewtaph and I would have to be scum together AND you’d have to think I would Super obviously protect them in this position AND I would hard town read Varsoon, a solid player who I know would very much end up tunneling me if he thinks I’m scum.

Long story short, Only town are on the Shoshin wagon right now. Bet.


*calling bookie as I type this*
Show

Mephistophanes 39
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: December 09, 2018
Pronoun: They

Post Post #1399  (ISO)  » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:59 pm

In post 1396, u r a person 2 wrote:
In post 1392, ProFlavor wrote:So there, Mewtaph and I would have to be scum together AND you’d have to think I would Super obviously protect them in this position AND I would hard town read Varsoon, a solid player who I know would very much end up tunneling me if he thinks I’m scum.

Can I think that Mew is scum and that you are wrong!town or was there a logic piece that makes that not possible?


+1
Show

PreviousNext
[ + ]

Return to Completed Large Theme Games